We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Seddie And Creddie Battle Field

Camy99

[261]May 16, 2008
    • level: 7

Wow. The last time I was here it was pg.8 and a whole lot calmer. That's why I left when I did, I knew we'd go nuts. Still, I'm going to try to support some folks that are getting lashed out everytime they speak real quick. I understand the people that come asking for peace, because people (both Sed & Cred) are going on as if they know the facts and have been assured of what is going to happen. This is a battlefield--Seddie vs. Creddie. Not the Seddie SHIPPERS attacking or attacked by Creddie SHIPPERS. There's a difference. For a pagge this whole conversation went off topic and onto who ships what. Please don't.

Now, we're ONLY IN SEASON 1. I don't know how many times I have to yell that but obviously some aren't listening. I've seen MANY shows that completely change the path it seems to be taking during Season 1. I'd mention some examples but this is most definitly not the place to do so... We've all been repeating the same old things--Seddie's impossible because they despise each other but nuh-uh they've had cute moments that show there may be hidden feelings, and Creddie's annoying becuase he's obsessed with her but nuh-uh she will love him back and they'll be the happiest little couple.

See, I just put down and support both ships in one sentence. Whatever else we go on about (until new CANON episodes come out) will just repeat this in diferent ways. No, I'm not telling everyone to just stop battling, because a while ago it was possible to battle without trying to put people down. I just wish it can be kept to "moments" and agreeing/disagreeing about those moments and so on.

Ok, now that I'm done playing peacemaker (which isn't probably going to work anyway) I'm quickly going to defend myself agains something Abz said.

abz08 wrote:
    You're walking a fine line there. And speaking in broad terms. I'd be more specific if I were you - and I really DON'T think it's a coincidence. ---
    I don't know about others, but with me it IS in fact a coincidence that Sam and Freddie are the sidekicks and resemble another ship I adore. Have you glanced at my other ships?? Some are NOT sidekicks, were already obviously in love during the first episode, and look NOTHING like Seddie. So I do agree with Era on the fact that you and senor_fritz are assuming a WHOLE LOT from one battle (that's only so far based on 1 season if I'm not being to redundant).

Shred me to pieces, oh well, I just really had to say this. And either way the first part of this post was aimed at both Seddie and Creddie shippers.

Camy

Edited on 05/16/2008 12:17am
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iskabibble07

[262]May 16, 2008
    • level: 13
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    thats cool too.. theres is someone on here too that likes all ships(you know who you are)... i really don't care who you like better, cuz its not for me to tell you who to like or why you should/shouldn't... but i do like a good(putting a huge emphasis on that one)debate...
    Yes I know who I am.

chasefan100

[263]May 16, 2008
    • level: 11
    Nature9000 wrote:

Why can't this be civil? Instead of one group trying desperatly to disprove or prove the other side or their own side and having an arrogant "I'm always right" attitude? Forums should be openminded I would think, so in order not to be chewed out for the side I'm on, I'm not going to say what I support here. Though you could easily figure it out if you were to read my fanfictions. Here's what I think:

Freddie/Carly-It could happen, it could happen. No telling me that you "know it will" you don't, nobody knows it will happen. Nobody knows if Freddie/Sam will happen. It's all opinionated and it's all for the openminded descussions. Here's what I think, Carly and Freddie could happen because Freddie has a crush on her. His crush was more evident in the earlier episodes, but now it's not as evident, yet Carly could be starting to like him because he isn't going after her so much anymore.

Now Seddie fans don't kill me, let me talk of Freddie/Sam.

Freddie/Sam-It could happen. It is not impossible and there have been many enemies turned lovers out there. You'll note that Freddie has actually asked Sam to kiss him once or twice, and these two seem to have more jokes about the others than anything in the light of sexuality. Such as Freddie saying Sam's butt resembles ham. It's always possible that Sam could have a crush on Freddie and it's possible Freddie hides his crush on Sam in saying his liking for Carly, that has been known to happen as well.

Creddie fans, don't kill me. This is what I mean by openminded, I could say a lot more about these but it would be far too long.

Again, I won't say which one I support mostly, but don't take anything out of context, this thread can get harsh from what I've seen and that's why I've stayed out of it for the most part. Both are highly probable and neither one is impossible, anything can happen.

exactley lol.
    We have no idea what will happen yet. but Seddie has just as much of a chance of happening

gryffinval7890

[264]May 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    thats cool too.. theres is someone on here too that likes all ships(you know who you are)... i really don't care who you like better, cuz its not for me to tell you who to like or why you should/shouldn't... but i do like a good(putting a huge emphasis on that one)debate...
    Yes I know who I am.

dude, you never fail to make me laugh...

Gryffindorkish

[265]May 16, 2008
    • level: 4

abz08 wrote:
    Wow. I just ... wow. I can't even - I mean... Wow. --- *walks away* I really don't like it here right now. Because this is a battlefield supposedly. And I know how I feel about Seddie, and call me close-minded if you want, but that is how I am, and I will not change my view. So don't talk to me about being 'open-minded'. I see all the facts. And when I try to state the facts I'm called out for being vicious and attacking certain people. On a battlefield. Hmm... --- *shakes head*

This is simply a question, not an accusation, but what 'facts' are you talking about specifically?

Gryffindorkish

[266]May 16, 2008

abz08 wrote:
    Wow. I just ... wow. I can't even - I mean... Wow. --- *walks away* I really don't like it here right now. Because this is a battlefield supposedly. And I know how I feel about Seddie, and call me close-minded if you want, but that is how I am, and I will not change my view. So don't talk to me about being 'open-minded'. I see all the facts. And when I try to state the facts I'm called out for being vicious and attacking certain people. On a battlefield. Hmm... --- *shakes head*

This is simply a question, not an accusation, but what 'facts' are you talking about specifically?

sharethelove01

[267]May 16, 2008
    • level: 8

abz08 wrote:
    Wow. I just ... wow. I can't even - I mean... Wow. --- *walks away* I really don't like it here right now. Because this is a battlefieldsupposedly. And I know how I feel about Seddie, and call me close-minded if you want, but that is how I am, and I will not change my view. So don't talk to me about being 'open-minded'. I see all the facts. And when I try to state the facts I'm called out for being vicious and attacking certain people. On a battlefield. Hmm... --- *shakes head*

Hmmmm, I think ya'll have made this battlefield a warzone... Captain, state the facts all you want, we all are doing the same here. I understand you were mearly fighting for you ship which again, is what we all are doing. What you feel about Seddie is the same way us Seddie shippers feel about Creddie. Its like fire and water,olive oil and vinegar, dogs and cats (or most dogs and cats) , etc. In no way are you close minded. We are all doing the same thing here, so we are all as close-minded as the next. The point of a battlefield is to battle. Not kill each other. Its more of a debate. No hypocrites here. So if we can all agree on that.... MAN YOUR STATIONS!!!!! Let the battle continue. GO SEDDIE GO!!!!!

sunnstar7

[268]May 16, 2008
    • level: 9
    senor_fritz wrote:

missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    Well to be sure, Era - a LOT of what you do, at the time, seems to be the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Then it keeps coming, and my jaw continues to be on the floor.
    Hmmm...i don't quite get what you meant by that though. But sure, I'll humor you if you want. But of course, just to be clear, I have to say I still disagree. While Seddie's relationship has still a long way to go till it reaches the kind of civility that Carly and Freddie shares, I still prefer the turbulations that Seddie goes through to understand each other and as they learn how to be more comfortable with their relationship (or rather, friendship first).

All right, I feel like I have to step in here and defend my buddy abz cause a) we go way back and b) many posters here are also part of the HM board and you guys have always annoyed the heck outta me.

The following post is in now way intended to contribute to the creddie/seddie debate going on here. I myself am not a fan of icarly (frankly, I find Miranda Cosgrove to be one of the most fundamentally underwhelming kid actresses on the tube right now, I simply can't get into any show in which she's the star.) However, I will say this:

Missyera (and most other Sam/Freddie shippers), the following problem I have with people like you is this: You seem to "ship" a couple just cause you like the idea of the them. They're friends and they bicker, so hey, why not ship them? You don't bother to truly understand the characters or more importantly, analyze if they're truly compatible. The "love/hate" relationship seems to be a trend with you guys, yet you sorely misunderstand what that really is or how it really works. It's been twisted so out of context that you think just because a couple bickers, that automatically represents Unresolved Sexual Tension, that just cause they have scraggly moments of friendship, they're meant for one another. Sorry to say this, but that's not the case, and if you bothered to spend some time understanding what the exact nature of the characters are, then you'd get it.

K, well, you just said you're not a fan of iCarly, so, firstly, why are you even here if you don't like it? And secondly, I hardly believe that YOU understand the exact nature of the characters if you don't watch the show that much.

Also, people started shipping other ships (R/H--although I strongly ship it too) that had no evidence at the beginning too. Some people can just tell.

Edited on 05/16/2008 6:38pm

ger5632

[269]May 18, 2008
    • level: 24
    sunnstar7 wrote:
    senor_fritz wrote:

missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    Well to be sure, Era - a LOT of what you do, at the time, seems to be the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Then it keeps coming, and my jaw continues to be on the floor.
    Hmmm...i don't quite get what you meant by that though. But sure, I'll humor you if you want. But of course, just to be clear, I have to say I still disagree. While Seddie's relationship has still a long way to go till it reaches the kind of civility that Carly and Freddie shares, I still prefer the turbulations that Seddie goes through to understand each other and as they learn how to be more comfortable with their relationship (or rather, friendship first).

All right, I feel like I have to step in here and defend my buddy abz cause a) we go way back and b) many posters here are also part of the HM board and you guys have always annoyed the heck outta me.

The following post is in now way intended to contribute to the creddie/seddie debate going on here. I myself am not a fan of icarly (frankly, I find Miranda Cosgrove to be one of the most fundamentally underwhelming kid actresses on the tube right now, I simply can't get into any show in which she's the star.) However, I will say this:

Missyera (and most other Sam/Freddie shippers), the following problem I have with people like you is this: You seem to "ship" a couple just cause you like the idea of the them. They're friends and they bicker, so hey, why not ship them? You don't bother to truly understand the characters or more importantly, analyze if they're truly compatible. The "love/hate" relationship seems to be a trend with you guys, yet you sorely misunderstand what that really is or how it really works. It's been twisted so out of context that you think just because a couple bickers, that automatically represents Unresolved Sexual Tension, that just cause they have scraggly moments of friendship, they're meant for one another. Sorry to say this, but that's not the case, and if you bothered to spend some time understanding what the exact nature of the characters are, then you'd get it.

K, well, you just said you're not a fan of iCarly, so, firstly, why are you even here if you don't like it? And secondly, I hardly believe that YOU understand the exact nature of the characters if you don't watch the show that much.

Also, people started shipping other ships (R/H--although I strongly ship it too) that had no evidence at the beginning too. Some people can just tell.

yea! What sunstar said.

But there were little moments you could see. I mean i only came to like that couple after my cousin said "See who Hermoine leans her head on whose shoulder'. And she landed on Ron's head. So thats how my realtionship for R/H came about.

anyway, seddie rocks!

8poptart8

[270]May 19, 2008

missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    Okay - well to ME - it's Sam and Freddie that seem brotherly sisterly. ---
    Gotta say that's the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard. *chuckles*

*cackles*

chasefan100

[271]May 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    8poptart8 wrote:

missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:
    Okay - well to ME - it's Sam and Freddie that seem brotherly sisterly. ---
    Gotta say that's the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard. *chuckles*

*cackles*

lol I agree.

Its def Creddie I get the brother/sister vibe from.

8poptart8

[272]May 19, 2008
    I'm not sure who I like. I'm leaning towards the Creddie side though...(not just because I'm a Moliver)

sharethelove01

[273]May 19, 2008

8poptart8 wrote:
    I'm not sure who I like. I'm leaning towards the Creddie side though...(not just because I'm a Moliver)

Read everything I wrote on page 12.

Do ya'll think we should name our ships? Like, for CSI, Eric and Callieh's ship is "Hiphuggers" and Moliver's is "S.S Sweaterdance" (I'm not sure if they're still using that name though). We don't have to, its just a suggestion. Seddie and Creddie are cool names but they're just name blends, I think we should have an actual name.

abz08

[274]May 19, 2008
    • level: 15
    Yes, the ships should have names... but this is NOT the place to discuss it. That's between you and your ship mates. This is the battlefield. ---

Gryffindorkish wrote:

By "facts" I mean not only the Creddie moments I love - but the Seddie moments y'all see. Facts as in canon happenings. I'm not going to hide from Seddie-like interactions. I take it all for what it is, and for various things it could be - whether in my favor or not. ---

I feel like I had more to say, but A) I forgot. B ) I don't particularly care right now, and C ) Y'all would blow off my response anyway. ---

Oh - and if you feel like calling me Captain... XD Feel free. XD XD (Someone did, I'm not just sitting here being conceited.)

ger5632

[275]May 20, 2008
    • level: 24

You know, i am really sick and tired of hearing this brother sister relationship think, whether its the couple i support or the couple i oppose. I mean everyone has the rights to like that couple and it is simply annoying when someone says "I dont support your couple because my couple has more interations. Besides, i think you couple is like a brother sister relationship" and give all kinda excuses because they fight and etc. Carly and Spencer never fought so vulgarly so i can say that Carly and Freddie have bother sister relationship cos they dont fight. Just stop with the stupid brother sister relationship excuses please. Do everyone a small favour.

Anyway, on to my Creddie vs Seddie. I dont know i just think that Seddie is a fun couple to make fun of. If like for example in iHate Sam's boyfriend, you can see that Freddie had those "Hey, stop touching her!" look when sam's boyfriend had his arms around Sam. THen, all seddie fans can say "Oh cool! His jealous!" Honestly, im okay with Creddie but i love Seddie more cos of the cute ways they bicker with each other. Isnt it as cute as this cat? -> (=^_^=)

sharethelove01

[276]May 20, 2008

^^^^^ LOL and you're right.

I was gonna create a thread for naming the ships but the editor told me not to... oh wait, DUH, ok I know what I'll do. Nice to have you back abz. Yay Seddie!

abz08

[277]May 20, 2008
    Mmmhmm. Nice to be back. ---

But I totally disagree as far as the sibling comparison goes. People may disagree as to what constitutes a brother/sister kind of relationship and what side of that is more romantic and such... but in essence it DOES matter. Incest is just bad. And plus - if you act like a sister or brother to someone, that's usually the closest platonic relationship you're ever going to have or have ever had, or one of the closest. SO it's ridiculous to overlook it.

Gryffindorkish

[278]May 20, 2008
    abz08 wrote:
    Yes, the ships should have names... but this is NOT the place to discuss it. That's between you and your ship mates. This is the battlefield. ---

Gryffindorkish wrote:

By "facts" I mean not only the Creddie moments I love - but the Seddie moments y'all see. Facts as in canon happenings. I'm not going to hide from Seddie-like interactions. I take it all for what it is, and for various things it could be - whether in my favor or not. ---

I feel like I had more to say, but A) I forgot. B ) I don't particularly care right now, and C ) Y'all would blow off my response anyway. ---

Oh - and if you feel like calling me Captain... XD Feel free. XD XD (Someone did, I'm not just sitting here being conceited.)

Thanks for clarifying. And I see your point. And you shouldn't assume we all will blow off your response, becasue not all of us will. Besides, you're pretty quick yourself to not give what Seddie shippers are saying a chance.

abz08

[279]May 20, 2008
    Gryffindorkish wrote:
    Besides, you're pretty quick yourself to not give what Seddie shippers are saying a chance.

Define quick. It could be a millisecond on the outside, but inside it stretches on for an eternity as it all plays out and different scenarios unfold, and then it scares me (I feel extremely terrified for a second) to see this huge Seddie moment monster flairing up so I shut the door. Is that so bad?

Nature9000

[280]May 23, 2008
    • level: 9

I have no idea how to respond to that. As for Seddie vs Creddie, let's go! Let's try to get Wedgie posting in the appropriate thread, hey how would we Creddie people like it if someone came into the Pro-Creddie thread and started saying things like "It'll never happen." "There's no chemistry." That's not for the Pro-Creddie, is it? No, let's post it here!

Seeing as how I'm neutral in the matter, I don't mind, but it is annoying in a sense if you catch my drift. So let's do battle here.