We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Seddie And Creddie Battle Field

crzza

[201]May 12, 2008
    • level: 49
    Because they hate each other. it's as simple as that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

gryffinval7890

[202]May 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    crzza wrote:

thats is HIGHLY debatable... they really don't hate each other.. they are friends...

crzza

[203]May 12, 2008
    I guess I can agree with that.....

gryffinval7890

[204]May 12, 2008
    crzza wrote:

really? or is it just that you don't wanna get into this..

iskabibble07

[206]May 12, 2008
    • level: 13
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    I think crzza is padding the boards to try to make level or something.

crzza

[207]May 12, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    crzza wrote:
    No, I'm not. I just don't really feel like writing a long drawn out explanation of something.

gryffinval7890

[208]May 12, 2008
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    crzza wrote:

oOoOoOo...i didn't know it worked like that...i should do that one day...(i probably won't)

crzza

[209]May 12, 2008
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    crzza wrote:

oOoOoOo...i didn't know it worked like that...i should do that one day...(i probably won't)
    If padding means updating every thread, I just do that to get to every topic.

gryffinval7890

[210]May 12, 2008
    crzza wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    iskabibble07 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:
    crzza wrote:

If padding means updating every thread, I just do that to get to every topic.

whoa whoa whoa...don't bite our heads off, level 32...
    Edited on 05/12/2008 5:24pm

abz08

[211]May 12, 2008
    • level: 15
    sharethelove01 wrote:
    Okay, I watched iFence and it made me so mad that there was such a strong vibe of Creddie. C'mon "Maybe we can get a smoothie" What??? A freakin smoothie??? She said YES. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *falls out of chair* Seddie...*coughs*...Must...*coughs*... PREVAIL!!!!!!!! Well, on the bright side, he did say it was FUN hangin with Carly and SAM. Man, we best not have another episode like that. I don't think I'll be able to make it if we do.

XD *dances with glee* ---

You said it yourself. There was a very strong Creddie vibe. And even if the most Sam/Freddie-ish episodes, I've never really gotten a Seddie vibe. ---

Seriously though... this stuff is just a larger version of what goes on all the time between Carly and Freddie. Their interaction was just more tense because of the situation, therefore that much more important - as were their actions. What Carly did had to say exactly the right thing. And talking to his Mom did. It said, 'I love you Freddie, and I don't want to hurt you, sorry.' (And that love was said in mainly a friendship way - which is why Nick gets away with it - in the first season.) ---

*dances* See what I mean? ---

Oh, and "civil unrest" is actually a term used, generally in law enforcement... but it's not an oxymoron.

ihoppers_cheska

[212]May 12, 2008
    • level: 5
    gryffinval7890 wrote:

and the hug ending with a wedgie, its a perfect addition to a Sam and Freddie hug...
    its an affectionate wedgie...

an affectionate wedgie!!!! EXACTLY!!!!

i remember a friend and i. Like, whenever i see him.. i punch him lightly or pinch his arm a little... (cuz he's kinda chubby. lol) and he goes "why are you always squeezing me?". and i always say... "it's an affectionate squeeze!!". hahaha. granted, i have no feelings for the guy. But it is true you can show affection by punching, pinching or wedgies. lol.

gryffinval7890

[213]May 12, 2008
    ihoppers_cheska wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:

and the hug ending with a wedgie, its a perfect addition to a Sam and Freddie hug...
    its an affectionate wedgie...

an affectionate wedgie!!!! EXACTLY!!!!

i remember a friend and i. Like, whenever i see him.. i punch him lightly or pinch his arm a little... (cuz he's kinda chubby. lol) and he goes "why are you always squeezing me?". and i always say... "it's an affectionate squeeze!!". hahaha. granted, i have no feelings for the guy. But it is true you can show affection by punching, pinching or wedgies. lol.

i just knew someone would understand! yay!

abz08 wrote:
    sharethelove01 wrote:
    Okay, I watched iFence and it made me so mad that there was such a strong vibe of Creddie. C'mon "Maybe we can get a smoothie" What??? A freakin smoothie??? She said YES. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! *falls out of chair* Seddie...*coughs*...Must...*coughs*... PREVAIL!!!!!!!! Well, on the bright side, he did say it was FUN hangin with Carly and SAM. Man, we best not have another episode like that. I don't think I'll be able to make it if we do.

XD *dances with glee* ---

You said it yourself. There was a very strong Creddie vibe. And even if the most Sam/Freddie-ish episodes, I've never really gotten a Seddie vibe. ---

Seriously though... this stuff is just a larger version of what goes on all the time between Carly and Freddie. Their interaction was just more tense because of the situation, therefore that much more important - as were their actions. What Carly did had to say exactly the right thing. And talking to his Mom did. It said, 'I love you Freddie, and I don't want to hurt you, sorry.' (And that love was said in mainly a friendship way - which is why Nick gets away with it - in the first season.) ---

*dances* See what I mean? ---

Oh, and "civil unrest" is actually a term used, generally in law enforcement... but it's not an oxymoron.

i guess we all take things in our own way... and are biased/close things off/ignore things that aren't important to us...

me i like to analyze everything... and try my best to take things as they are...

even if i it doesn't seem like i do or say it.. hee hee hee!

but as for her talking to his mom..well, didn't she talk to her in the first place to get him OUT of fencing? she was just undoing what she had ruined for freddie..

abz08

[214]May 12, 2008
    gryffinval7890 wrote:

but as for her talking to his mom..well, didn't she talk to her in the first place to get him OUT of fencing? she was just undoing what she had ruined for freddie..

Yep. It's a "common phrase" for lack of a better description. It's using the word "civil" in a different way - like "civil unions", "civil courts" - and even in "Civil War" - its mean something more along the lines of citizens and the state and stuff. ---

True, you would initially think that it's just to get Freddie the permission to fence again. But then think about it - Freddie's Mom. She's scary, and a little crazy. It would probably just be easier to come up with a plan to evade her precautions to prevent him from fencing (kind of like sneaking out) when they went to get a smoothie, but she went to the crazy, obsessed lady that they generally think sees no reason whatsoever. And no matter how much they always rip on her - Freddie loves his Mom. She's the most important person in his life - and to make that kind of gesture to both his Mom AND him... it speaks volumes. ---

I guess I see it more in the kind of chivalrous way. In a traditional, customs kind of way. Somewhat similar to how it's considered the right thing to do to ask a girls' parents permission to marry their daughter before proposing. It's definitely not on the same scale - but it's in the general vicinity. Does this make sense to anyone?

missyera

[215]May 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    abz08 wrote:

Okay - well to ME - it's Sam and Freddie that seem brotherly sisterly. ---
    Gotta say that's the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard. *chuckles* And the most overused argument when people run out of points. Seddie as siblings?? *snickers* Not if its on another planet. I can't IMAGINE for the life of me if Freddie and Sam were ever said to be siblings. Now if its Freddie and Carly, I can believe. In fact, when the show was first showing the iCarly promos, I seriously thought Freddie was Spencer and Carly's younger brother! Cos' the three of them look soooo much alike! Same shades of hair, even their FACES looks like they belong to the same family.

I also knew that Sam and Freddie would definitely have tons of tension and bickering, looking at the way they look at each other in the promos. And boy was I right. And i like them the way it is. *giggles*

I don't deny that there's a possibility that Creddie could happen. (In fact, I've NEVER said Creddie won't happen.) I just prefer Seddie more. Anywho, i know that its going to be a long time before any solid relationship would be established in the show, cos' Dan might not want to make things too messy for the trio's relationship. But for me, I don't mind if Creddie happens ONLY if its just a one time trial and Freddie finds that its not what he imagined it to be. Perhaps Carly would finally give in to Freddie's persistence to give him a chance to be her boyfriend, but when they do go out, they'll feel nothing. That's when I HOPE Seddie comes through. Hehe....

Btw, Abz-meister, that's my point of making my siggy too fast. To make people dizzy and try hard to catch all my ships. *grins* The bigger banner is on my profile page, too lazy to recreate a new one. Anyways, you wouldn't find them interesting, cos' they're all the opposite of yours, save for R/Hr. My OTP.

gryffinval7890

[216]May 12, 2008
    abz08 wrote:
    gryffinval7890 wrote:

Yep. It's a "common phrase" for lack of a better description. It's using the word "civil" in a different way - like "civil unions", "civil courts" - and even in "Civil War" - its mean something more along the lines of citizens and the state and stuff. ---

True, you would initially think that it's just to get Freddie the permission to fence again. But then think about it - Freddie's Mom. She's scary, and a little crazy. It would probably just be easier to come up with a plan to evade her precautions to prevent him from fencing (kind of like sneaking out) when they went to get a smoothie, but she went to the crazy, obsessed lady that they generally think sees no reason whatsoever. And no matter how much they always rip on her - Freddie loves his Mom. She's the most important person in his life - and to make that kind of gesture to both his Mom AND him... it speaks volumes. ---

I guess I see it more in the kind of chivalrous way. In a traditional, customs kind of way. Somewhat similar to how it's considered the right thing to do to ask a girls' parents permission to marry their daughter before proposing. It's definitely not on the same scale - but it's in the general vicinity. Does this make sense to anyone?

i dunno... i'd feel differently if she hadn't caused it in the first place...

right now, to me, it speaks volumes of how bad she felt...

lilatp

[217]May 13, 2008
    • level: 8
    I see how everyone would be mad if Seddie happened, and they were against Seddie, and with Creddie vise versa.But does that mean if it doesn't go our way will we quit watching the show?That's my BIG question in the end were all gonna be buds right?

iskabibble07

[218]May 13, 2008
    • level: 13

lilatp wrote:
    I see how everyone would be mad if Seddie happened, and they were against Seddie, and with Creddie vise versa.But does that mean if it doesn't go our way will we quit watching the show?That's my BIG question in the end were all gonna be buds right?
    Total buds from my point of view. Thats what is great about the ICarly boards is that with only a few exceptions, everyone is having fun and gets along great and we can have different opinions.

But I am the "I like all the ships" guy. I am for seddie and creddie. In fact, I am for both of them at the same time or like different times. Like if at one point Sam crushed on Freddie and then another time Carly did and he crushed on them at differetn times too. Like you can tell he was crushing on Carly at the beginning of the season but now he is settling down to just be her best freind. That is more realistic anyway.

phantomgirl101

[219]May 13, 2008
    • level: 3
    crzza wrote:
    They don't hate each other it's just that Sam is a girl that is very moody haha. Sam and Freddie do care about each other deep down they just don't like showing it.

abz08

[220]May 13, 2008
    missyera wrote:
    abz08 wrote:

Okay - well to ME - it's Sam and Freddie that seem brotherly sisterly. ---
    Gotta say that's the most ludicrous thing i've ever heard. *chuckles* And the most overused argument when people run out of points. Seddie as siblings?? *snickers* Not if its on another planet. I can't IMAGINE for the life of me if Freddie and Sam were ever said to be siblings.

Well to be sure, Era - a LOT of what you do, at the time, seems to be the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard. Then it keeps coming, and my jaw continues to be on the floor. So considering how DIVERSE we are in our shipping preferences - I'd say we just humor each others lunacy/ludicrous ideas just to keep things civil, at the very least. Don't you agree? ---

iskabibble07, I have to disagree STRONGLY with what you say. I mean, I'm cool with the idea you like both Creddie and Seddie. But the whole timing issue. I have a problem with THAT. I don't think that any kind of back and forth thing could work. At least not in the sense you're talking. I mean, sure, they can like each other and then not like each other again. But... this isn't a soap opera. So even if there IS a back and forth it's generally one couple, or one person liking another. And not to try and bring in a comparison couple, but it would have to be like Ross and Rachel on Friends. ---

As far as real shipping war goes... I'm going to say this: Carly and Freddie's interactions are natural. They appear to make a really great pair kind of BECAUSE they're not trying to shove their relationship in your (or their own) faces. It's natural, everyday, and what a relationship should be. At least the kind I personally would want. It's affectionate, and you don't have to worry about whether you're going to get hurt, you know you'll be safe when they're around. They should be the person you are with to protect you from the world, and then you will protect them from the world. ---

It's just natural. Freddie and Sam don't quite have that.