We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

zega190

[405]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 9

I had the same idea. Koh is definitely somehow related to Amon. At first i thought that maybe Koh taught Amon how to take bending away in exchange for his face, which is why Amon actually wears his mask. However we can see Amon's eyes which clearly means his face wasn't stolen. But I do believe that there is some connection to Koh here, perhaps Amon is some physical manifestation of Koh or something along those lines. It's interesting because the last avatar Koh had a problem with was the previous water avatar, which I guess isn't all that relevant, but just something to think about...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[406]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 14
    Puting all the Amon is Bumi theorys to rest
    The reason that Bumi is against benders is because He's the only one in his family that isn't. Hasnt not been thought that Bumi always has Sokka to talk to? If Bumi was that sad he could have always learned all kinds of cool stuff from him.

shadowscott

[407]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    zega190 wrote:

I had the same idea. Koh is definitely somehow related to Amon. At first i thought that maybe Koh taught Amon how to take bending away in exchange for his face, which is why Amon actually wears his mask. However we can see Amon's eyes which clearly means his face wasn't stolen. But I do believe that there is some connection to Koh here, perhaps Amon is some physical manifestation of Koh or something along those lines. It's interesting because the last avatar Koh had a problem with was the previous water avatar, which I guess isn't all that relevant, but just something to think about...

I'm not saying you're wrong, but why do we think that Koh is somehow involved? I mean, is it just because he's the only bad spirit we know of? And Amon 'doesnt' have a face?

Lememento

[408]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 1

From my experience of watch Aang, Amon doesn't have to have any relevance to previous characters in the previous series. Or Koh for that matter, you have to remember Aang didn't even possess the ability to energy bend until he needed it to beat the fire lord. It was given to him to restore the balance of the four nations by a giant turtle lion; that same spirit probably gave Amon the ability.

Judging by how we have seen the ability to bend develop (I.E. Metal-bending, Blood-bending without a full moon) It's possible with energy-bending that being given the ability to take away bending could also provide a means to restore it. My bet is we are going to see Korra lose her powers and need to find someone who knows how to use energy bending for good, which would mean Lin and everyone else who lost their bending will gain back their powers.

LadyJade2827

[409]Jun 16, 2012
    • level: 2

After sitting for almost two hours and reading all the posts I want to put my two cents in on this. At first I thought Amon was related to Zuko some how, because it would fit in the Avatar world. As the series has moved forward and new clues have come out, I am thinking this about Amon. Someone said it in a post but I want to try and see if people can agree with it. Amon is Yakone, it came out in today's episode that Yakone is Tarlokk's father. Korra was getting flashes from when Aang was still alive (sorry to anyone who thinks Amon is Aang, the new avatar is only born when the old one dies. PERIOD). Aang takes away Yakone's blood bending ability and I don't know about any of you but that would piss me off and I would hold a grudge against that person who caused it. And because of the fact that that person was a bender I would add to the people I am mad at, other benders like said person. His face is hidden because he would have a face people would know. How would he rally people to his cause? He made up the story of his family being killed by fire benders. Though I can also agree with the people who posted that Amon might be an unknown sibling of Tarlokk, until we know how old Amon is; we can only speculate. Lastly can I just say, AMON IS NOT AANG'S SON BUMI. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU POST IT IT WONT MAKE IT TRUE. Someone said it before Aang and Katara would have treated all their children the same, so I can't see one of them hating benders to the point of wanting them gone. Also someone said before that his uncle Sokka would have been around to show him ways to fight without bending and that would have also helped keep him from hating benders. Like someone else posted before all the things we are seeing mean something, I for one think the clues are telling us that Amon is Yakone.

Edited on 06/17/2012 8:37am
    Edited 2 total times.

zega190

[410]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 9

shadowscott wrote:
    zega190 wrote:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but why do we think that Koh is somehow involved? I mean, is it just because he's the only bad spirit we know of? And Amon 'doesnt' have a face?

Yeah the only thing I had a problem thinking of was why Koh would be involved. To be honest I thought that perhaps the real reason Amon wore a mask was because perhaps his face changes like Koh's or something along those lines. But thats really stretching it, I can't really think of a completely legitimate reason. It would be kind of interesting though, seeing as the last Avatar who fought Koh was the previous water Avatar, Avatar Kuruk.

TheDancingRat

[411]Jun 17, 2012
    I like how everyone rags on the Bumi theory so hard yet there's so much support for Amon being Yakone. With the exceptions of Kyoshi and King Bumi, people in the Avatar world tend to live realistic lifespans. Sokka, Toph, and Aang are already dead, and Katara doesn't look like she's gonna make it to 90. Yakone is at least Aang's (relative) age. Considering he was the head of a criminal empire and he "threatened Republic City for many years" he's probably older than Aang and his friends... this puts him at the spry old age of 82+, probably going on 100. Not too many 100-year-olds I know dodge lightning blasts and twirl gracefully around their opponents. I really don't see how this is any more believable than Bumi being Amon.

The main argument against the Bumi theory is that he has no motive... but people keep believing Amon's motive is actually to get rid of benders. We really can't be sure of his motive. His motive might be to start a war in Republic City to draw in General Iroh so he can kill him because he has some personal vendetta against him. He may be Azula's son trying to complete his great-great-grandfather's work and finish off the airbenders. He could just be crazy like the Joker and likes to cause chaos.

Do I think those are his reasons? No. Do I think Amon is Bumi? Not really. I'm just saying there is still evidence to support that theory and I'm not sure why everyone keeps brushing it off. It's a very small chance, but so is Yakone... besides, Yakone was clearly voiced by Clancy Brown (infamously the voice of Lex Luthor as well as Long Feng) and Amon is voiced by Steve Blum (Wolverine) so they clearly can't be the same person.

kjs131415

[412]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 1

Me and my friends thought of this when we saw the last couple of episodes today. What if Amon is an avatar? When Azula killed Aang when he was in the avatar state and the cycle broke. How do we know it actually broke. (How would the past avatars found this out if it never hppened before, if it did there obviously would be no avatars now.) So another avatar was born. Amon could be this avatar since technacly he is trying to bring balance to the world. This would mean amon is a bender. And only an avatar can energybend. I know this is crockpot but i just wanted to get this out there.

Kwando7

[413]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 18

That theory has already been thrown around and defeated cause apparently that would be "bad" writing. I wonder if Amon was lying when he said he would spare Lin's bending if she told him where Korra was. He seems like the type of villain to do that sort of thing but then again he is Amon

Nerdnot

[414]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 14

TheDancingRat wrote:
    I like how everyone rags on the Bumi theory so hard yet there's so much support for Amon being Yakone. With the exceptions of Kyoshi and King Bumi, people in the Avatar world tend to live realistic lifespans. Sokka, Toph, and Aang are already dead, and Katara doesn't look like she's gonna make it to 90. Yakone is at least Aang's (relative) age. Considering he was the head of a criminal empire and he "threatened Republic City for many years" he's probably older than Aang and his friends... this puts him at the spry old age of 82+, probably going on 100. Not too many 100-year-olds I know dodge lightning blasts and twirl gracefully around their opponents. I really don't see how this is any more believable than Bumi being Amon. The main argument against the Bumi theory is that he has no motive... but people keep believing Amon's motive is actually to get rid of benders. We really can't be sure of his motive. His motive might be to start a war in Republic City to draw in General Iroh so he can kill him because he has some personal vendetta against him. He may be Azula's son trying to complete his great-great-grandfather's work and finish off the airbenders. He could just be crazy like the Joker and likes to cause chaos. Do I think those are his reasons? No. Do I think Amon is Bumi? Not really. I'm just saying there is still evidence to support that theory and I'm not sure why everyone keeps brushing it off. It's a very small chance, but so is Yakone... besides, Yakone was clearly voiced by Clancy Brown (infamously the voice of Lex Luthor as well as Long Feng) and Amon is voiced by Steve Blum (Wolverine) so they clearly can't be the same person.
    As i said before, if Bumi was mad because he wasn't a bender he could always go talk to Sokka. I mean sure it made have token 5 MINUTES at the most to go see him. THERE IS NO REASON THAT BUMI WOULD BE MAD AT NOT BEING A BENDER! THEREFOR BUMI CAN'T BE AMON!

Woot there goes all the Bumi is Amon theorys finally!

TheDancingRat

[415]Jun 17, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:

TheDancingRat wrote:
    I like how everyone rags on the Bumi theory so hard yet there's so much support for Amon being Yakone. With the exceptions of Kyoshi and King Bumi, people in the Avatar world tend to live realistic lifespans. Sokka, Toph, and Aang are already dead, and Katara doesn't look like she's gonna make it to 90. Yakone is at least Aang's (relative) age. Considering he was the head of a criminal empire and he "threatened Republic City for many years" he's probably older than Aang and his friends... this puts him at the spry old age of 82+, probably going on 100. Not too many 100-year-olds I know dodge lightning blasts and twirl gracefully around their opponents. I really don't see how this is any more believable than Bumi being Amon. The main argument against the Bumi theory is that he has no motive... but people keep believing Amon's motive is actually to get rid of benders. We really can't be sure of his motive. His motive might be to start a war in Republic City to draw in General Iroh so he can kill him because he has some personal vendetta against him. He may be Azula's son trying to complete his great-great-grandfather's work and finish off the airbenders. He could just be crazy like the Joker and likes to cause chaos. Do I think those are his reasons? No. Do I think Amon is Bumi? Not really. I'm just saying there is still evidence to support that theory and I'm not sure why everyone keeps brushing it off. It's a very small chance, but so is Yakone... besides, Yakone was clearly voiced by Clancy Brown (infamously the voice of Lex Luthor as well as Long Feng) and Amon is voiced by Steve Blum (Wolverine) so they clearly can't be the same person.
    As i said before, if Bumi was mad because he wasn't a bender he could always go talk to Sokka. I mean sure it made have token 5 MINUTES at the most to go see him. THERE IS NO REASON THAT BUMI WOULD BE MAD AT NOT BEING A BENDER! THEREFOR BUMI CAN'T BE AMON!

Wow... you just responded to my post without reading a single word of it. As I said (right up there ---^) your reason to rule out the Bumi theory is because he would have no reason to hate benders... I'm just really confused why everyone believes Amon hates benders.

There are tons of reasons why Amon would start the Anti-Bending Revolution that don't involve him hating benders. I restate: "His motive might be to start a war in Republic City to draw in General Iroh so he can kill him because he has some personal vendetta against him," OR "He could just be crazy like the Joker and likes to cause chaos," OR maybe he wanted to start a war so he could take advantage of the politacl unrest to sieze power (ala Emperor Palpatine), OR--since so many people believe half of what Amon says is true--maybe he's just doing it because the spirits told him to.

Two of the three main theories infer that Amon is a bender (either a bloodbender/waterbender or an energybender). The third theory is that he is simply using advanced chi-blocking but I find this theory to be weak since he never actually strikes the person. If he is a bender he's still try to get people to hate benders which is just as odd as Bumi getting people to hate benders.

I personally believe that Amon is a bloodbender, I just think the Bumi theory deserves more credit than you guys are giving it

LadyJade2827

[416]Jun 17, 2012

LadyJade2827 wrote:

After sitting for almost two hours and reading all the posts I want to put my two cents in on this. At first I thought Amon was related to Zuko some how, because it would fit in the Avatar world. As the series has moved forward and new clues have come out, I am thinking this about Amon. Someone said it in a post but I want to try and see if people can agree with it. Amon is Yakone, it came out in today's episode that Yakone is Tarlokk's father. Korra was getting flashes from when Aang was still alive (sorry to anyone who thinks Amon is Aang, the new avatar is only born when the old one dies. PERIOD). Aang takes away Yakone's blood bending ability and I don't know about any of you but that would piss me off and I would hold a grudge against that person who caused it. And because of the fact that that person was a bender I would add to the people I am mad at, other benders like said person. His face is hidden because he would have a face people would know. How would he rally people to his cause? He made up the story of his family being killed by fire benders. Though I can also agree with the people who posted that Amon might be an unknown sibling of Tarlokk, until we know how old Amon is; we can only speculate. Lastly can I just say, AMON IS NOT AANG'S SON BUMI. NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU POST IT IT WONT MAKE IT TRUE. Someone said it before Aang and Katara would have treated all their children the same, so I can't see one of them hating benders to the point of wanting them gone. Also someone said before that his uncle Sokka would have been around to show him ways to fight without bending and that would have also helped keep him from hating benders. Like someone else posted before all the things we are seeing mean something, I for one think the clues are telling us that Amon is Yakone.

I need to explain why I think it is Yakone.

1.) Like I said in my original post. He was alive when Aang was still the avatar and Aang took his bending. That would make anyone mad.

2.) We know that this series takes place 70 years after the end of A:TLA. Yakone has his bending taken away around 28 years after the end of A:TLA. This leaves 42 years for him to learn and master the ability to take a person's bending.

3.) We don't know how old the person is behind the mask. If Yakone was, lets say, 20 when Aang was 40 (the time Yakone lost his bending); it would put Yakone at around 62 and that could be.

4.) If it is not Yakone then it might be another child of his. He might have tried to get Tarlokk to join his cause but if Tarlokk said no. Dear old dad might have then tried with the next one down the line. If he had more then two he might have gone to all until he found one that was willing to help.

5.) After Amon took Tarlokk's bending he took him, now granted all the other people he took the bending from were where he could keep them under his control, but why take him? If he wanted to kill Tarlokk because he can't really take bending away (that way he could keep Tarlokk quiet), all he had to do was leave him in the house and burn the place. If you hold people you have to take care of them, you would think. Why not kill the people he took the bending from. I think he took Tarlokk because he is either his son or a sibling and no matter how evil Amon is that's family.

Okay, that is about it on my idea of Yakone but I also was thinking about this last night. I remember someone saying that it looked like Amon did a little air bending. This thought comes from an idea that my sisters and I came up with after watching the original series. The question we asked was, "If monks run the air temples, where do all the new air benders come from"? What we came up with was this, there was more then likely one or two small colonies in the earth kingdoms or else where in the world. Now this only works if the "breeding" members of the air bending nomads didn't live in the air temples, my guess is they didn't. So what if it was more like a few colonies in each of the other three nations that had air bending "breeders". In A:TLA we know that the fire nation took out all the air temples at the same time, word would have spreed and gotten to the "breeding" colonies before the fire nation had a chance to wipe then out as well. The "breeders" could have gone under ground and hided. This would mean that Aang wasn't the last air bender. I think I remember someone saying something about when Lin said Tenzin and his family were the last air benders. It kind of meant that they were the last that she knew about. We know that the war before Aang was 100 years and then this series is 70 years after the end of that war. Now if you are a family that has had to hid who you are for 100 years or more you would think maybe someone would want to get back at the ones who made them stay hidden for so long. That hate might have grown from just the fire nation to everyone and then even those who openly bend. If Amon did air bend like a few people said he might have he could be one of the decedents of those "breeders" who had to go into hiding. That way it might be a connection to A:TLA but without being directly linked to an original member of the cast.

Edited on 06/17/2012 8:38am
    Edited 3 total times.

LadyJade2827

[417]Jun 17, 2012

TheDancingRat wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

TheDancingRat wrote:

Wow... you just responded to my post without reading a single word of it. As I said (right up there ---^) your reason to rule out the Bumi theory is because he would have no reason to hate benders... I'm just really confused why everyone believes Amon hates benders. There are tons of reasons why Amon would start the Anti-Bending Revolution that don't involve him hating benders. I restate: "His motive might be to start a war in Republic City to draw in General Iroh so he can kill him because he has some personal vendetta against him," OR "He could just be crazy like the Joker and likes to cause chaos," OR maybe he wanted to start a war so he could take advantage of the politacl unrest to sieze power (ala Emperor Palpatine), OR--since so many people believe half of what Amon says is true--maybe he's just doing it because the spirits told him to. Two of the three main theories infer that Amon is a bender (either a bloodbender/waterbender or an energybender). The third theory is that he is simply using advanced chi-blocking but I find this theory to be weak since he never actually strikes the person. If he is a bender he's still try to get people to hate benders which is just as odd as Bumi getting people to hate benders. I personally believe that Amon is a bloodbender, I just think the Bumi theory deserves more credit than you guys are giving it

I think everyone is saying Amon hates benders because that is the vibe he is giving off, now if he does we don't know. People are not giving the Bumi theory any credit because why would Bumi have any reason to hold anything against anyone. People are saying that if he was sad or mad that he was the only none bender in his family all he needed to do was go talk to his uncle Sokka and find out that you didn't need to be a bender to be worth something in the world. So unless General Iroh stole Bumi's girlfriend when they were young, or being in the army when Bumi couldn't, I don't see Bumi having any kind of vendetta with him. Amon being Bumi is just so out in left field that it can't be true for people. But now having said that this is Avatar and anything can happen.

Edited on 06/17/2012 8:50am

RaizenYusuke

[418]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 28
    I don't like the Bumi theory either, but him hating benders or being jealous bender doesn't have to be motive. Sozin's motive was originally to bring the world together. It just turned into horrible conquest that nearly ended the world. If Amon were Bumi he could be someone trying to bring balance by taking bending away. My problem with Bumi theory is that Aang's visions in no way hint that his son is involved in this.

Mosk915

[419]Jun 17, 2012

I had always believed that Amon was a jealous non-bender. The Bumi theory occured to me when I discovered he was a non-bender but I never really thought it was a possibility given that he was the son of the previous avatar. I don't think that Amon is a character from the original series but I do think he is related to someone from the original series and after yesterday's episode, I now have an idea. It was announced before the series aired that Dante Basco would be voicing a character in The Legend of Korra that would be related to Zuko in some way. We now know him to be General Iroh who I believe is Zuko's son. Obviously, it's possbile for benders to have non-bender children so I think that Amon is Iroh's non-bending brother. Think about it, one of Zuko's sons is a fire-bender who becomes General of the United Forces, and his other son has nothing. It would be hard for him to live as the son of the Firelord and always being in the shadow of his brother. He becomes jealous and has a vendetta against all benders. I think the fact that the General of the United Forces is somehow related to Zuko is a big clue regarding who Amon is. If it wasn't, the writers would have just made the General a random person who has no relation to anyone we already know.

UnovaChampion

[420]Jun 17, 2012
    • level: 19
    Aang and Zuko co-founding the United Republic would definitely not make Zuko's son/grandson the general of the United Forces. And of course the writers would just make it some random guy rather than provide fanservice for Zuko fans.

Totally connected to Amon.

It's not Iroh's brother you ninny, it's Tarlokk's brother.

Kwando7

[421]Jun 17, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    I don't like the Bumi theory either, but him hating benders or being jealous bender doesn't have to be motive. Sozin's motive was originally to bring the world together. It just turned into horrible conquest that nearly ended the world. If Amon were Bumi he could be someone trying to bring balance by taking bending away. My problem with Bumi theory is that Aang's visions in no way hint that his son is involved in this.

well after the development if the plot I agree that Amon being Bumi is less likely now. Was thinking for a bit before I was going to puta "theory but it didn't seem plausable. Heres another one insted what if Amon was hiding out in Air temple Island as one of the Air Nomad it would explain how he moves like an airbender and it could tie into the whole Amon being a foil to Korra. An avatar being unable to master airbending and a non-bender being able to master the "fighting style". There are alot questions with it but it makes you think

Mosk915

[422]Jun 17, 2012

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Aang and Zuko co-founding the United Republic would definitely not make Zuko's son/grandson the general of the United Forces. And of course the writers would just make it some random guy rather than provide fanservice for Zuko fans. Totally connected to Amon. It's not Iroh's brother you ninny, it's Tarlokk's brother.

First of all, General Iroh being related to Zuko is not my opinion, Dante Basco said before the series premiered that he is voicing a character related to Zuko in some way. I'm not saying it's his son, but it's definitely not just a random person. Here is a link to the Twitter page where he announces it. I do however think it would make sense that it was his son since Zuko considered his uncle a father figure and there is a tendency for people in the fire nation to be named after their older relatives such as Azula being named after her grandfather Azulan.

http://twitter.com/dantebasco/status/4338535209369600/

Secondly, you say with such conviction that Amon is Tarlokk's brother when we don't know for sure whether Tarlokk even has a brother. Of course we don't know if General Iroh has a brother either but this is a place where people can voice their opinions and you shouldn't say someting with certainty until it actually happens.

Kwando7

[423]Jun 17, 2012

Mosk915 wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Aang and Zuko co-founding the United Republic would definitely not make Zuko's son/grandson the general of the United Forces. And of course the writers would just make it some random guy rather than provide fanservice for Zuko fans. Totally connected to Amon. It's not Iroh's brother you ninny, it's Tarlokk's brother.

First of all, General Iroh being related to Zuko is not my opinion, Dante Basco said before the series premiered that he is voicing a character related to Zuko in some way. I'm not saying it's his son, but it's definitely not just a random person. Here is a link to the Twitter page where he announces it. I do however think it would make sense that it was his son since Zuko considered his uncle a father figure and there is a tendency for people in the fire nation to be named after their older relatives such as Azula being named after her grandfather Azulan.

http://twitter.com/dantebasco/status/4338535209369600/

Secondly, you say with such conviction that Amon is Tarlokk's brother when we don't know for sure whether Tarlokk even has a brother. Of course we don't know if General Iroh has a brother either but this is a place where people can voice their opinions and you shouldn't say someting with certainty until it actually happens.

Well done good sir

TheDancingRat

[424]Jun 17, 2012

LadyJade2827 wrote:

I need to explain why I think it is Yakone.

1.) Like I said in my original post. He was alive when Aang was still the avatar and Aang took his bending. That would make anyone mad.

2.) We know that this series takes place 70 years after the end of A:TLA. Yakone has his bending taken away around 28 years after the end of A:TLA. This leaves 42 years for him to learn and master the ability to take a person's bending.

3.) We don't know how old the person is behind the mask. If Yakone was, lets say, 20 when Aang was 40 (the time Yakone lost his bending); it would put Yakone at around 62 and that could be.

4.) If it is not Yakone then it might be another child of his. He might have tried to get Tarlokk to join his cause but if Tarlokk said no. Dear old dad might have then tried with the next one down the line. If he had more then two he might have gone to all until he found one that was willing to help.

5.) After Amon took Tarlokk's bending he took him, now granted all the other people he took the bending from were where he could keep them under his control, but why take him? If he wanted to kill Tarlokk because he can't really take bending away (that way he could keep Tarlokk quiet), all he had to do was leave him in the house and burn the place. If you hold people you have to take care of them, you would think. Why not kill the people he took the bending from. I think he took Tarlokk because he is either his son or a sibling and no matter how evil Amon is that's family.

Okay, that is about it on my idea of Yakone but I also was thinking about this last night. I remember someone saying that it looked like Amon did a little air bending. This thought comes from an idea that my sisters and I came up with after watching the original series. The question we asked was, "If monks run the air temples, where do all the new air benders come from"? What we came up with was this, there was more then likely one or two small colonies in the earth kingdoms or else where in the world. Now this only works if the "breeding" members of the air bending nomads didn't live in the air temples, my guess is they didn't. So what if it was more like a few colonies in each of the other three nations that had air bending "breeders". In A:TLA we know that the fire nation took out all the air temples at the same time, word would have spreed and gotten to the "breeding" colonies before the fire nation had a chance to wipe then out as well. The "breeders" could have gone under ground and hided. This would mean that Aang wasn't the last air bender. I think I remember someone saying something about when Lin said Tenzin and his family were the last air benders. It kind of meant that they were the last that she knew about. We know that the war before Aang was 100 years and then this series is 70 years after the end of that war. Now if you are a family that has had to hid who you are for 100 years or more you would think maybe someone would want to get back at the ones who made them stay hidden for so long. That hate might have grown from just the fire nation to everyone and then even those who openly bend. If Amon did air bend like a few people said he might have he could be one of the decedents of those "breeders" who had to go into hiding. That way it might be a connection to A:TLA but without being directly linked to an original member of the cast.

Amon being one of Yakone's sons is a plausible theory, but I think Tarrlok would be suspicious of Amon if he knew there was another bloodbender out there (who didn't need the full moon). His line "You've never faced bending like mine" made him seem very confident no one could stop him. He had no theories how Amon broke past his control.

I very highly doubt Yakone was 20 when he attacked Aang and the others. Besides the fact he looked older than Aang, it'd be very hard to master bloodbending, establish a criminal empire, and terrorize Republic City "for years" and only be 20.

I've always found it odd they were called Air NOMADS but the series made it seem like they all lived in one of the 4 temples. I would think it likely that one small group of nomads could have been overlooked by the Fire Nation and went to ground. Side note: Aang and Tenzin both have families. I was under the impression monks were allowed to procreate if they chose to. Of course, Aang and Tenzin might have just made an exception to the norm since they felt it was their duty to continue the legacy of the Air Nomads.

Edited on 06/17/2012 9:06pm