We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

LadyJade2827

[525]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 2

LadyJade2827 wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    Amon is Amon. It's very possible his backstory was a lie though in order to get people's support for his movement. I'd also think it's possible that Bumi is behind the mask and maybe being related to an Avatar can give you those abilities, but Tenzin doesn't know how to do it and I think he'd also know what his brother is up to. I think I'd like to hear more about his siblings before that theory can have some validity. One thing for sure though, I think there is a connection between Mako/Bolin and Amon. Perhaps Amon is the one who killed Mako and Bolin's parents and is simply twisting the story to look as though he was a defenseless non-bender who was wronged. Either that or this same firebender did harm to both Amon and Mako/Bolin's family.
    This was on the first page of posts UnovaChampion. What does your second line say? Maybe you should check your old posts before you say you are right. It looks like you were one of the first to say Amon might be Bumi.

After rereading the posts before, YOU WERE THE FIRST ONE TO SAY AMON MIGHT BE BUMI. Therefore you are not as right as you say you are.

Edited on 06/24/2012 7:41pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LadyJade2827

[526]Jun 24, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:

LadyJade2827 wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

LadyJade2827 wrote:

UnovaChampion wrote:
    At least I was the rightest

If I remember correctly you were the biggest fighter on the fact that Amon had to be Bumi. Then when other people shot the Bumi theory down you got on the "it's Tarrlock's brother" band wagon. I wasn't the first person to say it was Yakone and I wasn't the first person to say Amon was a water/blood bender. But I do recall that after I posted I thought it was Yakone I went back in and explained my reason for thinking that. One of the things I put in my reason was the fact that Amon took Tarrlock after taking his bending, rather then killing him or just leaving him flat out. That meant that Tarrlock meant something to Amon. It could have been that Amon was Tarrlock's father or like others were saying his brother. I then went on to say that if Amon wasn't Yakone and he was Tarrlock's brother he was more then likely corrupted by the father to take revenge on Republic City and all benders because of the fact that Yakone's bending was taken away. SO AS FAR AS I CAN SEE THE ONLY THING YOU HAD RIGHT WAS THAT AMON WAS TARRLOCK'S BROTHER. Yes you kept saying it when people put forth different theories and yes you might have been one of the first to say it. BUT AS FAR AS I CAN SEE I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO PUT IT ALL TOGETHER IN ONE THEORY. LOOK BACK AT MY OLD POSTS IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME. YOU ARE NOT THE RIGHTEST PERSON ON THIS BLOG. SOMEONE ELSE SAID IT IN AN EARLIER POST, THAT MANY OF THE PEOPLE POSTING WERE RIGHT BECAUSE MANY SAID IT WAS TARRRLOCK'S BROTHER. Sorry to burst your bubble but the person who put the theory up that had it all, is the only one who is the rightest. AND THAT WOULD BE ME!

STOP YELLING! At least UnovaChampion stopped saying that Bumi was Amon, UNLIKE some people I know.

Sorry, UnovaChampion has been on this I am the only one that is right kick for so long I felt like knocking the horse out from under. The Adam Savage (from Myth Busters) attitude seemed to be getting on everyone's nerve's. The whole attitude of "I reject your theory and replace it with my own" was making me personally very mad. This form was for people to sound off on who they thought Amon was before it came out in the show and for someone to reject what a person was saying, just because they felt they were right gets old fast. I started posting after the Bumi theory was shot down and I never once said Amon was Bumi. I was however the only person to defended Bumi on the fact that when it was said he was crazy it meant that he was just a little wield. What did we learn about Bumi when we saw him? Maybe he is a lot like the person he is named for, "crazy" like king Bumi.
    Dang that Bumi was crazy. It would be interesting to see just how crazy he is. Looks like we'll get more of Tenzins character next season, seeing as Tenzin and Bumi kinda look like polar opposites.

BTW its Substitute my own, last I heard anyway. (Its been awhile, so i probably am wrong)

You are right about it being "Substitute my own". I reworded it to fit the posts going on the form. That is what UnovaChampion did every time with a re-post saying a person was wrong or out of their mind because they were saying it wasn't who UnovaChampion said it was.

UnovaChampion

[527]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 19
    I made it pretty clear I needed more information before that theory could be valid, not like I clung to the Amon is Bumi train all the way to the finale like everyone else, not to mention I posted those theories before Tarlokk appeared or the flashbacks even started. I'm a genius, get over it.

DiamondLights

[528]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 8

...seriously?

RaizenYusuke

[529]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 28
    Arguing over who was right about a television show..... Really? I thought you guys were just being cute, but this actually matters to you.

TheDancingRat

[530]Jun 25, 2012

What if Amon's spirit is still bent on ridding the world of benders so he possesses Bumi and Bumi becomes the villain for season two?! Hahahaha

Kwando7

[531]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 18

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Arguing over who was right about a television show..... Really? I thought you guys were just being cute, but this actually matters to you.

I suppose it's a matter of seizing a victory when they can get one? Was any news about the second chapter released or do we have to wait a while?

LadyJade2827

[532]Jun 27, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

I wasn't trying to be cute I was just tired of how he kept saying everyone was wrong and it didn't matter, he was the "rightest" person on the forum. I was just trying to point out that maybe he had the person right but sadly I one of, if not the only person who got it all right. Thank you for finding it cute though, I hope it made people laugh because I was rolling on the floor through all of this back and forth. In the end it doesn't matter who is or wasn't right; people still had good thoughts on who Amon was and that needed to be said by someone. I didn't say it first but I am one of those people who fights for others rights to think for themselves.

Edited on 06/27/2012 4:19pm

LadyJade2827

[533]Jun 27, 2012

TheDancingRat wrote:

What if Amon's spirit is still bent on ridding the world of benders so he possesses Bumi and Bumi becomes the villain for season two?! Hahahaha

Don't take this the wrong way but I love you. This post almost had me rolling out of my chair. I was laughing so hard I started to cry and I could hardly breath.

Jammet

[534]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 10

UnovaChampion and the Lady are the champs . Deal. Now please, my good sir, ma-am, a slike of cake and a cookie for everybody. Let's hope season 2 gives the watchers another dose of detective play.

Edited on 06/30/2012 2:18am

LadyJade2827

[535]Jul 15, 2012
    Jammet wrote:

UnovaChampion and the Lady are the champs . Deal. Now please, my good sir, ma-am, a slike of cake and a cookie for everybody. Let's hope season 2 gives the watchers another dose of detective play.

Why thank you, I wish someone had posted this sooner then we could have saved all the fighting. Then again like I said UnovaChampion was getting on my nerves and I had to knock him off his high horse. I can't wait for season 2 myself.

UnovaChampion

[536]Jul 22, 2012
    • level: 19
    Milady, I'm afraid you didn't knock me off of anything.

shadowscott

[537]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 23
    LadyJade2827 wrote:

Why thank you, I wish someone had posted this sooner then we could have saved all the fighting. Then again like I said UnovaChampion was getting on my nerves and I had to knock him off his high horse. I can't wait for season 2 myself.

It's not your job to be the police. Let people talk and that's it. If someone really isn't listening to you, then they aren't going to listen to you. Sometimes ya gotta let things go. And also, you posting three times in a row while having an all caps rage isn't putting you any higher up on a pedestal either.
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Milady, I'm afraid you didn't knock me off of anything.

And you just like toying with people. Which is all fun and games until the other person gets too offended. Then you're just being mean. But I know you aren't taking any offense. "I'm a genius, get over it." --> haha

Nerdnot

[538]Jul 30, 2012
    • level: 14
    Can't we all just get along, or have we forgotten of our reverend King?

Sorry I just had to put it.

Kwando7

[539]Aug 16, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    Can't we all just get along, or have we forgotten of our reverend King? Sorry I just had to put it.

Who?

Nerdnot

[540]Aug 16, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Can't we all just get along, or have we forgotten of our reverend King? Sorry I just had to put it.

Who?

IDK, It's a quote from the American version of The Office.

AllieAllie

[541]Aug 16, 2012
    • level: 22

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:

Who?

Think you meant Dr. Martin Luther King? "Treat others the way you want to be treated"?

Nerdnot

[542]Aug 16, 2012
    AllieAllie wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:

Who?

Think you meant Dr. Martin Luther King? "Treat others the way you want to be treated"?

Right, but it was used in the office. Anyhow while everyone just SHUT UP!

Kwando7

[543]Aug 16, 2012

AllieAllie wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:

Who?

Dr King said that? huh what do yo know