We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

Nerdnot

[485]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 14
    Mosk915 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Spirt World

I guess if he's possessing someone.

Do I have to fill in the blanks?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mosk915

[486]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 2

Nerdnot wrote:
    Mosk915 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Spirt World

Sure, I guess there's something I'm missing. Go ahead.

Nerdnot

[487]Jun 21, 2012
    Mosk915 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Mosk915 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Spirt World

Sure, I guess there's something I'm missing. Go ahead.

Aang talked to Roku in the

Kwando7

[488]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 18

Mosk915 wrote:

I found this theory on another website. Some people believe that this is the leaked end of the story so if you don't want to know, don't read any further.

Amon is a man known as Hakoi Fen, a previous student to Avatar Aang before he died. Within his time as a child, Hakoi lived on a farm with his two parents (unnamed). Being extorted by local bending gangs ( consisting of a young Yakkone, A nameless fire bender, and earth bender named Umo) Hakoi and his family were forced in to pay heavy fees in exchange for "protection". In an attempt to help his family Hakoi stood up to the fire benders, who in turn disfigured his face. In rage Hakoi's Father retaliated at the gang but was killed. While traveling on a spiritual Pilgrimage to better connect himself with the spiritual world, Aang Met Hakoi. The two became well acquainted and soon became friends, meeting up at an old cherry blossom tree to meditate and talk. Aang soon found out about Hakoi's troubles and swiftly took care of the fire bending gangs. Hakoi was not pleased with the fact that Aang did not kill the gang members, and began to feel a negative outlook on all benders in general for their misuse of their powers. While relations with Hakoi began to draw thin, Aang decided to teach Hakoi a unique form of bending he called "Withdrawal Bending" (also known as energy bending). Unknown to Hakoi though, Aang only taught him half of what was required for energy bending, only allowing him to block the mind but not the body. Upon Aang's departure Hakoi tended to his mother who's health was declining due to severe depression. After she died Hakoi began a pilgrimage of his own, where he met members of the Kioshi warriors who taught him chi blocking, then later he met the descendants of the Mechanist who passed on their knowledge of machinery to Hakoi.Hakoi soon learned that electricity produced from a fire bender was unique. A form of accelerated Chi, A fire benders electricity had potential to create a back flow of chi which would render bending un-usable for a certain amount of time. Using his new found knowledge Hakoi, dawned as Amon and began his reign of equalism.

I could believe this it covers everything

RaizenYusuke

[489]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 28
    Kwando7 wrote:

Mosk915 wrote:

I found this theory on another website. Some people believe that this is the leaked end of the story so if you don't want to know, don't read any further.

Amon is a man known as Hakoi Fen, a previous student to Avatar Aang before he died. Within his time as a child, Hakoi lived on a farm with his two parents (unnamed). Being extorted by local bending gangs ( consisting of a young Yakkone, A nameless fire bender, and earth bender named Umo) Hakoi and his family were forced in to pay heavy fees in exchange for "protection". In an attempt to help his family Hakoi stood up to the fire benders, who in turn disfigured his face. In rage Hakoi's Father retaliated at the gang but was killed. While traveling on a spiritual Pilgrimage to better connect himself with the spiritual world, Aang Met Hakoi. The two became well acquainted and soon became friends, meeting up at an old cherry blossom tree to meditate and talk. Aang soon found out about Hakoi's troubles and swiftly took care of the fire bending gangs. Hakoi was not pleased with the fact that Aang did not kill the gang members, and began to feel a negative outlook on all benders in general for their misuse of their powers. While relations with Hakoi began to draw thin, Aang decided to teach Hakoi a unique form of bending he called "Withdrawal Bending" (also known as energy bending). Unknown to Hakoi though, Aang only taught him half of what was required for energy bending, only allowing him to block the mind but not the body. Upon Aang's departure Hakoi tended to his mother who's health was declining due to severe depression. After she died Hakoi began a pilgrimage of his own, where he met members of the Kioshi warriors who taught him chi blocking, then later he met the descendants of the Mechanist who passed on their knowledge of machinery to Hakoi.Hakoi soon learned that electricity produced from a fire bender was unique. A form of accelerated Chi, A fire benders electricity had potential to create a back flow of chi which would render bending un-usable for a certain amount of time. Using his new found knowledge Hakoi, dawned as Amon and began his reign of equalism.

I could believe this it covers everything

Ditto. It is a sound theory.

shadowscott

[490]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 23
    I would appreciate it for people including me not have the ending ruined for us. Please use spoiler tags.

Kwando7

[491]Jun 21, 2012

shadowscott wrote:
    I would appreciate it for people including me not have the ending ruined for us. Please use spoiler tags.

Have you not read the title? is says spoiler right in it

Edited on 06/21/2012 5:59pm

UnovaChampion

[492]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    Personally sounds like nothing more than a fan theory to me.

Kwando7

[493]Jun 21, 2012

On what grounds can you not believe that theoryhas some trueth

Edited on 06/21/2012 6:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Mosk915

[494]Jun 21, 2012

He thinks that any theory that is not the Tarrlok's brother theory is impossible.

I think this could be a perfectly reasonable ending. I can't think of anything that could conflict with it. I could even see how that picture of Amon with his mask off fits in. If Amon was in fact Aang's student, after he taught him, he got the airbending tattoos even though he wasn't technically an airbender. The first response to that picture would be that it's Aang himself. If this were the case the spirit world would have to be involved in some way since the only way Korra could be the avatar would be for Aang to have died. I know some people do think it's Aang though. While I'm not saying this is impossible, I think it's improbable especially since I don't think the creators would make the hero of the first series the villian in the seqeuel series.

Even though I think this supposedly leaked ending that I posted earlier is possible, I honestly do hope that itis just fan fiction. I would much rather find out what happens for the first time on Saturday. I also don't like the idea of Amon's power, which he uses for evil,being taught to him by Aang. That makes Aang looks almost as bad as if he were Amon himself and I don't think the creators would make that happen.

shadowscott

[495]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 23
    Kwando7 wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

i meant like something
    ***SPOILER***
    cause it's easy to read it by accident

Nerdnot

[496]Jun 21, 2012
    Oh for heavens sake! Aang is telling Korra that Amon is his fault. just as the other avatars explained some of their past mistakes.

Kwando7

[497]Jun 21, 2012

shadowscott wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

i meant like something
    ***SPOILER***
    cause it's easy to read it by accident

you could have just stopped reading when it said so. You can't exactly go to a page marked with spoilers and complain about the spoilers. True the person in questioncould have donea spoiler tagbut we all have openly discussed things that could be classified as spoilers

Edited on 06/21/2012 8:36pm

Mosk915

[498]Jun 21, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    Oh for heavens sake! Aang is telling Korra that Amon is his fault. just as the other avatars explained some of their past mistakes.

I could see that. Then maybe that picture is Korra's vision. That would make more sense than that actually being Amon.

UnovaChampion

[499]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    1. Really doubt the ending was leaked

2. This sounds extremely made up

3. You people are as gullible as can be

RaizenYusuke

[500]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 28

1. I agree with you there.

2.I do not get your post. You say it sounds like a fan theory, like it is a dirty word or something.I understand why you do not think it is going to happen, but most of your posts are "I am the only one who supplied a plausible theory."And one person think Amon is Yakone. You even think that is not possible either? I do not understand what constitutes plausible for you?

3. I think it is a plausible theory and the person who thought it out put some thought into it. I wouldn't call myself gullible for thinking it, but it is your opinion.

Kwando7

[501]Jun 22, 2012

Yeah they would have the ending pretty secured. If I were a writer I'd write several endings to a series just to protect it. Don't think I am gullible forbelieving a theory would be a good idea. Much better then Amon having a secret son

SennaGeneux

[502]Jun 22, 2012
    Amon is Zombie Aang duh

yutg25

[503]Jun 22, 2012
    • level: 5

I'm actually putting my money on a Zuko realationship. Maybe Azula's kid.

TheDancingRat

[504]Jun 22, 2012

Guys, don't be expecting to see Amon revealed in the Season 1 finale. The original offer was for 14 episodes and that got extended to 26. DiMartino said that allowed him to fill in more gaps and round out the story better... which means that Amon is almost certainly the villain in Season 2.

My finale prediction: The United Forces will get hit hard but then gain some ground. Amon and Korra will square off and Korra will get her bending "removed." Amon will escape and while the good guys have a foothold in the city, maybe even recapture it, the Anti-Bending Revolution will still be very much alive. Season 2 will start with Korra trying to cope with what it means to be the Avatar without her bending, she will realize she still has a connection to the spirit world, and she will figure out a way to undo what Amon has done to everyone.

Edited on 06/22/2012 11:29pm