We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

AtLA_LoK_4ever

[365]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 1

Bumi

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nerdnot

[366]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 14
    AtLA_LoK_4ever wrote:

Bumi

you know you could just edit that

[367]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 3

Amon is probably not Aang's son Bumi, that also seems too typical or cliché for the writing staff, since many are assuming Amon to be Bumi. I'm banking on the fact that we don't know Amon, and should enjoy the pleasantry of a new villain and a new character.

UnovaChampion

[368]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 19
    Amon can still be a villain and character of his own if he's Yakone's 2nd son, and can also still tie into the plot at the same time.

TheDancingRat

[369]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 2

I find it very unlikely that Amon is Tarrlok's brother. When he faced Amon in "Out of the Past" he stated, "You fool, you've never faced bending like mine." If Amon was Tarrlok's brother he certainly would have faced bending like that before, and clearly have mastered it himself. This means that if Amon is related to Tarrlok, Tarrlok has no idea about it.

If Tarrlok knew there was another person out there with an ability like his, I think he would keep track of him. Even if not, he's proven to be very intelligent (he manipulated an entire city, and successfully deceived Tenzin and Lin Beifong for years). I believe if Tarrlok had a bloodbending brother out there and Amon showed up demonstrating unbelievable skills he would consider the possibility that this was his brother and would have said something during the encounter, at least once it was clear Amon could fight past his control.

TheDancingRat

[370]Jun 12, 2012
    • level: 2
    I now think the most viable theory is that Amon is a bloodbender, given that 1) He fought past Tarrlok's control, and, 2) The creators dropped the hint about being able to crush organs with bloodbending

*I still swear it looked like Amon used airbending when he chased Korra though*

Kwando7

[371]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 18

AtLA_LoK_4ever wrote:

For those that think its bump and that he is a bloodbender and learned it from aang

BUMI IS THE KID AANG HAD THAT COULDN'T BEND!!!!!! SO HE CANT BE A BLOODBENDER!

that theory is only viable if Amon is a bloodbender which he is not, so it could be Bumi, tho I doubt it

UnovaChampion

[372]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 19
    Amon is a bloodbender though, why is this such a hard thing for you to grasp?

DiamondLights

[373]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 8
    Honestly, if Amon was a bloodblender then how would that make any sense? I know it would explain how he could resist Tarlokk, but just look at the bigger picture. Why would Amon have even started to equalist movement if he was a bender all along? I mean, it could happen but I just don't see it being plausible. I still think the story of his parents being killed by a firebender is true so I'm completely ruling out the theories of him being Aang's nonbender son, Bumi or Tarlokk's brother of some sort. The theories that state Amon is truly someone we don't know make the most sense to me. I also like the idea that Amon is a partial cyborg. Him being a partial cyborg would explain the somewhat resisted blood bending, his strength and agility, and maybe even why he's so full of hate.

Nerdnot

[374]Jun 13, 2012

DiamondLights wrote:
    Honestly, if Amon was a bloodblender then how would that make any sense? I know it would explain how he could resist Tarlokk, but just look at the bigger picture. Why would Amon have even started to equalist movement if he was a bender all along? I mean, it could happen but I just don't see it being plausible. I still think the story of his parents being killed by a firebender is true so I'm completely ruling out the theories of him being Aang's nonbender son, Bumi or Tarlokk's brother of some sort. The theories that state Amon is truly someone we don't know make the most sense to me. I also like the idea that Amon is a partial cyborg. Him being a partial cyborg would explain the somewhat resisted blood bending, his strength and agility, and maybe even why he's so full of hate.

is it really hard to grasp that Amon is Tarlocks brother? Amon has to be at least a waterbender to throw off bloodbending. No, I don't personally agree with the fact that Amon uses bloodbending to take away bending. He uses chi/charka blocking. He chi blocks them on the neck for a reason. The neck charka is blocked by lies. The reason they still can't bend after a while is because they think they won't be able too.

That didn't make any sense did it?

Edited on 06/13/2012 9:07am
    Edited 2 total times.

DiamondLights

[375]Jun 13, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:

DiamondLights wrote:

is it really hard to grasp that Amon is Tarlocks brother? Amon has to be at least a waterbender to throw off bloodbending. No, I don't personally agree with the fact that Amon uses bloodbending to take away bending. He uses chi/charka blocking. He chi blocks them on the neck for a reason. The neck charka is blocked by lies. The reason they still can't bend after a while is because they think they won't be able too.

Um, I think I kind of know where you're going with that. Hooray for contradictions I completely agree that he's using chi-blocking to "take away bending forever" even though its really temporary. I don't however think he's any type of bender. I just don't think it would make sense.

Nerdnot

[376]Jun 13, 2012
    DiamondLights wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

DiamondLights wrote:

Um, I think I kind of know where you're going with that. Hooray for contradictions I completely agree that he's using chi-blocking to "take away bending forever" even though its really temporary. I don't however think he's any type of bender. I just don't think it would make sense.
    Though being a cyborg is out there, you have to agree with that.

DiamondLights

[377]Jun 13, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    DiamondLights wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

DiamondLights wrote:

Yes, but since this series is taking place in an industrial era, I feel that it isn't as big of a stretch as it might seem. However, I can see why it might not be that plausible. Maybe instead of being a cyborg, he just has some synthetic parts

Nerdnot

[378]Jun 13, 2012

DiamondLights wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    DiamondLights wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

DiamondLights wrote:

Yes, but since this series is taking place in an industrial era, I feel that it isn't as big of a stretch as it might seem. However, I can see why it might not be that plausible. Maybe instead of being a cyborg, he just has some synthetic parts
    Really doubt that

Edited on 06/13/2012 9:35am

DiamondLights

[379]Jun 13, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:

DiamondLights wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    DiamondLights wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:

DiamondLights wrote:

Really doubt that

I just don't see him as a bender

RaizenYusuke

[380]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 28
    Combustion Man had metal parts, but completely synthetic like his entire body seems too much at this stage. My vote is blood bender right now just because promos make it look like he is blood bending Korra and Mako and his resistance to it. But I won't complain if there is something else going on provided it is explained well enough. If it is a new bending style that manipulates chi I would like it.

Kwando7

[381]Jun 13, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Combustion Man had metal parts, but completely synthetic like his entire body seems too much at this stage. My vote is blood bender right now just because promos make it look like he is blood bending Korra and Mako and his resistance to it. But I won't complain if there is something else going on provided it is explained well enough. If it is a new bending style that manipulates chi I would like it.

I like the idea of chi bending then Amon being a energybender. Although they are suppose to be the same thing the title sounds better

one of my concerns is that if Amon is a bloodbender they wouldn't reveal it in a promo

Did Combustion Man ever use those parts? I can't remember

Edited on 06/13/2012 7:04pm

RaizenYusuke

[382]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 28

You raise a good point. The promos showed scenes that appear to have Amon bloodbending, which is a big reveal. It could be as you said something Nick showed to throw us off track. Personally I would have no problem if Amon was a energy bender. Energy bending predates the Avatar how can only the Avatar learn it? But I highly doubt Amon knows energy bending now. I guess chi bending could be possible. Maybe instead of taking away bending permanently it can be undone by another chi bender or something? IDK. I have to wait for the finale to see what is going to happen.

Kwando7

[383]Jun 14, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

You raise a good point. The promos showed scenes that appear to have Amon bloodbending, which is a big reveal. It could be as you said something Nick showed to throw us off track. Personally I would have no problem if Amon was a energy bender. Energy bending predates the Avatar how can only the Avatar learn it? But I highly doubt Amon knows energy bending now. I guess chi bending could be possible. Maybe instead of taking away bending permanently it can be undone by another chi bender or something? IDK. I have to wait for the finale to see what is going to happen.

In the end everything comes down to the finale, hopefully people like Lightning Bolt Zolt and Tahno will show up to help

KiraMills

[384]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 1
    Kwando7 wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:

I like the idea of chi bending then Amon being a energybender. Although they are suppose to be the same thing the title sounds better

one of my concerns is that if Amon is a bloodbender they wouldn't reveal it in a promo

Did Combustion Man ever use those parts? I can't remember

Did anyone else notice that Amon 1. Knew Korra was downstairs without ever looking. 2. Knew that she was locked up in a box and 3. knew the box was made of metal? I mean I can understand he followed Tarlock but if he followed him the first time he brought Korra there why didn't he just take her why Tarlock was gone? and if he never went downstairs how did he know what Tarlock was even holding Korra captive with. Is he psychic too?