We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

RaizenYusuke

[285]May 19, 2012
    • level: 28
    shadowscott wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Amon's connected to Yakone.

That's the only theory so far that isn't complete crap.
    I disagree. I don't think Amon being Yakone's son is complete crap. We don't have enough information to dismiss this theory yet.

Unova said that Amon IS connected to Yakone, not that he isnt.
    Oh my bad. I thought he said Tarkin not Yakone.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kwando7

[286]May 19, 2012
    • level: 18

Anyone else have a thought that the "something big" (what that kid told Mako during the episode bolin was kidnapped) is related to Amon. My theory is Amon had some info leaked to cause all the gangs to break out into a gang war so that he can sweep in with the Robot Tanks stop the fighting maybe throw in some bending removal make himself the hero. Bonus points if Korra is involved and he saves her from the gang leaders. It seems like something Amon would do.

AllieAllie

[287]May 19, 2012
    • level: 22

Thats what I thought too. I figured that Amon either started the gang war or used it in order to hold an anti bending rally.

_Amibrosia

[288]May 20, 2012
    • level: 5
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Amon's connected to Yakone.

That's the only theory so far that isn't complete crap.

Tarrlok connected to AMON ? I think that could be a good one too, but now sato connected to AMON is more likely.

UnovaChampion

[289]May 20, 2012
    • level: 19
    We saw the episode yesterday, of course Sato is likely. >_>

_Amibrosia

[290]May 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    We saw the episode yesterday, of course Sato is likely. >_>

I'm happy you saw that, you are a real sherlock.

UnovaChampion

[291]May 21, 2012
    • level: 19
    Yes I am

I appreciate you noticing

_Amibrosia

[292]May 21, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Yes I am

I appreciate you noticing

I'm being ironic

Kwando7

[293]May 22, 2012

_Amibrosia wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Yes I am I appreciate you noticing
    I'm being ironic

*whispering* I think he was too

BishopC

[294]May 22, 2012
    • level: 2

I don't know if anyone has posted that before (if, so, sorry), but am I the only one who thinks about "lobotomizing" when he sees the faces of Amons victims? Since this is a technological world, it seems like a viable theory:

Amon is a Bloodbender, crushing the part of the victims brain that is capable of bending.

This also goes in line with the hint that "Organs can be crushed with bloodbending". That narrows the suspects down to people who can waterbend, e.g. Tarrlok or another Avatar. It can also be used to dissolve the conflict in the end: The Equalist revolution ends when they find out their leader is a bender himself.

Personally, I think for the good of a convincing story arc, Tarrlok should be a red herring, somehow affiliated to Amon, but not the same person.

Edited on 05/22/2012 2:26am
    Edited 2 total times.

Kwando7

[295]May 22, 2012

BishopC wrote:

I don't know if anyone has posted that before (if, so, sorry), but am I the only one who thinks about "lobotomizing" when he sees the faces of Amons victims? Since this is a technological world, it seems like a viable theory:

Amon is a Bloodbender, crushing the part of the victims brain that is capable of bending.

This also goes in line with the hint that "Organs can be crushed with bloodbending". That narrows the suspects down to people who can waterbend, e.g. Tarrlok or another Avatar. It can also be used to dissolve the conflict in the end: The Equalist revolution ends when they find out their leader is a bender himself.

Personally, I think for the good of a convincing story arc, Tarrlok should be a red herring, somehow affiliated to Amon, but not the same person.

I've wondered how people in the series can bend is it like a special organ or something. Have they ever had the science of it explained?

Nerdnot

[296]May 22, 2012
    • level: 14
    Kwando7 wrote:

BishopC wrote:

I've wondered how people in the series can bend is it like a special organ or something. Have they ever had the science of it explained?

Chi?

Kwando7

[297]May 22, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

BishopC wrote:

Chi?

but what makes a bender different from a non-bender in the physical side of things do they have an extra chi button or something

RaizenYusuke

[298]May 22, 2012
    Maybe there is no physical difference between them. It could be one different gene or special chi that does not show phyiscal differences between them.

Nerdnot

[299]May 22, 2012
    • level: 14
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Maybe there is no physical difference between them. It could be one different gene or special chi that does not show phyiscal differences between them.
    It's not physical cause those twins were identical yet one didn't have the power to earth bend I think it's chi

edmasterchaos

[300]May 22, 2012
    • level: 41

BishopC wrote:

I think medicine has advanced greatly in this series, but i'm not sure if we can talk specific brain functions yet... But, maybe.

RaizenYusuke

[301]May 22, 2012
    Can a person manipulate/bend chi without it being a energy bending? Ias going to suggest maybe Amon learned to bend chi, but if chi and energy are the same thing than that idea fails.

Kwando7

[302]May 23, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Can a person manipulate/bend chi without it being a energy bending? Ias going to suggest maybe Amon learned to bend chi, but if chi and energy are the same thing than that idea fails.

Pretty sure chi is life energy surely if Amon could bend chi he could do alot more thenblock their bending maybe even cause their bending to run out of control which he uses on Korra to force her into the avatar state causing destruction and turning more people onto his side?

Edited on 05/22/2012 11:23pm

Murraymuzz

[303]May 28, 2012
    • level: 10
    Does Amon even have a face, he did say he communicated with spirits?

[304]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 1
    I haven't read all the way through this forum, so apologies if this is repeated:

For the record, I like the theory that Aang's son, Bumi, is Amon. It makes sense that he may know energy bending and hold a grudge for being the only non-bending son of an avatar. It's also convenient that he hasn't really been brought up yet. We've seen Katara and Tenzin, but not much has been mentioned about the Tenzin's two siblings.

My theory is that Amon is Zuko. I like the idea that Ozai got a feel for energy bending when Aang took his abilities away, but I think he would be too old to be so formidable. Consider what we know in the Promise books right now:
    -His facial scar would be instantly recognized by almost anyone in the city, hence the mask.
    -Zuko wants Aang to kill him if he turns into his father. If Aang couldn't kill Ozai, he would never be able to kill Zuko.
    -Zuko is becoming closer to his father in their little prison chats. Making him susceptible to be more like his father or even learn energy bending together.
    -We saw Azula have a total mental breakdown. Mai just broke up with him and now he is the antagonist in a tense situation in Yu Dao. If Aang only takes his bending, he would be exposed to energy bending, possibly learning it inadvertantly. This may also make him feel betrayed by Aang for not actually killing him, which he would prefer to living with his quilt/shame/regret. All of it leads to his own mental break and sets him on the path to become Amon
    -Zuko (as Amon) waited for the Korra to arrive in Republic City. His anger at Aang for not taking his life leaves him with a personal vendetta against the avatar in addition to all benders.
    -He would be old, but only 50's at most. Iroh and King Bumi proved that older men can be very strong and capable fighters, and we already know Zuko is a very good fighter.
    -The release date for part 3 of The Promise is October, a long way away. Possibly so that it wouldn't reveal the secret of Amon before the show.