We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

Nerdnot

[205]May 2, 2012
    • level: 14
    greeling wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    greeling wrote:

2. This one is my crazy idea but I think Amon could also be admiral Zhao from the first series..
    He is dead. Even if he didn't die by the spirt monster, he would have died by old age

I said he might have been taken to spirit world when we thought he was killed and time might flow differently there so he didn't age
    Even if that could be true, Which it's not, Age could've caught up. Aang had terrible and he's the connection!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[206]May 2, 2012
    • level: 41

greeling wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    greeling wrote:
    2. This one is my crazy idea but I think Amon could also be admiral Zhao from the first series..
    He is dead. Even if he didn't die by the spirt monster, he would have died by old age
    I said he might have been taken to spirit world when we thought he was killed and time might flow differently there so he didn't age
    This is the best theory. Ever.

Kwando7

[207]May 2, 2012
    • level: 18

edmasterchaos wrote:

greeling wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    greeling wrote:

Yeh he could be blaming the benders after becoming enlightened or something

MajLorne

[208]May 2, 2012
    • level: 21
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    The more and more I think about it, I'm growing extremely confident Amon is Tarlokk. Maybe some of of you thinks it needs to be some super awesome epic reveal like it being Ozai or crap like that, but I'd prefer something set up properly like this that has some small evidential hints.

Besides, if Amon and Tarlokk are the same person, his plan is quite ingenious. And the possibility of him having bloodbending would make him all the more epic of a villain.
    Yes, whomever brought up the Star Wars connection was spot on. I too think it leans more with Tarlokk as being Amon. The same guy being against the anti-benders is the leader. By leading all these raiding parties, he takes down the low level folks while getting the rest of the public to grow more fearful of the benders and thus amassing more and more power till he rules everyone.

Of course it's a theory and could be a red herring, but I still prefer this over Amon being related to either Aang or Sokka. Hell, at least here we might have a build up to Amon's true evil compared to Ozai and his general "rule the entire world" bad guy with no back story other than being a neglectful father and power mad dictator.

RaizenYusuke

[209]May 3, 2012
    • level: 28

Do you have any problems with Amon being related to that Yakone guy that caused trouble in Republic City 42 years ago? Korra had that vision right after Amon knocked her out. I think Amon whoever has some ties to Aang's time as Avatar. IfthisYakone was a powerful bender whotried to destroy Republic City Aangcould have taken his bending away,giving Amon the idea to try to take bending away or fueling his haterd toward benders. Hell he could be the guy's sonand he is looking to avenge his old man.

Kwando7

[210]May 3, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:

Do you have any problems with Amon being related to that Yakone guy that caused trouble in Republic City 42 years ago? Korra had that vision right after Amon knocked her out. I think Amon whoever has some ties to Aang's time as Avatar. IfthisYakone was a powerful bender whotried to destroy Republic City Aangcould have taken his bending away,giving Amon the idea to try to take bending away or fueling his haterd toward benders. Hell he could be the guy's sonand he is looking to avenge his old man.

Or Yakone wasn't a bender which forced Aangs hand and ended up dead fueling Amons desire for revenge....because Yakone was his dad...

MajLorne

[211]May 3, 2012
    • level: 21
    The Yakone's 'son' idea could be a good point. I do hope they explore more of that flashback.

WolfsBlackSoul

[212]May 3, 2012
    • level: 1

I can't remember ... during Amon's speech, did he say he went to the spirit world or that a spirit came to him?

I was wondering because I remembered that bending doesn't work in the spirit world, and I'm not sure if energy bending follows the same rules, but if it does then he was definetly lying about it if he said he went into the spirit world and learned it there.

Edited on 05/03/2012 1:11pm

greeling

[213]May 3, 2012
    WolfsBlackSoul wrote:

I can't remember ... during Amon's speech, did he say he went to the spirit world or that a spirit came to him?

I was wondering because I remembered that bending doesn't work in the spirit world, and I'm not sure if energy bending follows the same rules, but if it does then he was definetly lying about it if he said he went into the spirit world and learned it there.

He never said he was in the spirit world. All he says is the spirits have chosen him and gave him the power to take away bending.

greeling

[214]May 3, 2012
    Also if you notice when Amon takes away lighting bolt zots bending away he grabs him by the head and also from the back of the neck. So it shows that he could be doing a very advance form of chi blocking and not spirit bending.

Kwando7

[215]May 3, 2012

greeling wrote:
    Also if you notice when Amon takes away lighting bolt zots bending away he grabs him by the head and also from the back of the neck. So it shows that he could be doing a very advance form of chi blocking and not spirit bending.

THANK YOU!! so far the only other person who noticed it is a form of Chi Blocking. Atleast I'm more then 90% sure its Chi Blockingrather then energybending

RaizenYusuke

[216]May 3, 2012
    • level: 28

From what I have read on here alone most people did not think it is energy bending at all. I wouldn't say you guys are in the minority here. The people who think it is actually energy bending are the minority here.

Personally I hope it is energy bending. Energy bending pre-dates the Avatar so I never understood how it could only be a power exclusive to him or her alone. It woulda good development forAang's use ofenergy bending to avoid killing someone actually led to Amon learning it and using it to harm people.

_Amibrosia

[217]May 5, 2012
    • level: 5
    Nerdnot wrote:
    pablo_suarez2 wrote:

AMON is JET.

I will eplain. Fire nation killed his parents

he was angry with the fire nation.

Now he is angry with the avatar

he is angry with bending.

JET. Look at his eyes in ep 04.

JET IS DEAD!

DENIED !

_Amibrosia

[218]May 5, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

greeling wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    greeling wrote:

No ones mention that he was crushed by Aang in the avatar spirit form ?

_Amibrosia

[219]May 5, 2012

Amon is an airbender after all.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m322m6JXXz1rou33uo1_500.jpg

UnovaChampion

[220]May 5, 2012
    • level: 19
    That picture is either fake or part of someone's dream.

Amon is Tarlokk, Tarlokk I tell you!

_Amibrosia

[221]May 5, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:

That was my first theory and it's obvious he could be the vilain. Like I said earlier ( Marcolap)

_Amibrosia

[222]May 5, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:

I don't think the picture is fake... O_o He could be Aang.

UnovaChampion

[223]May 5, 2012
    • level: 19
    Amon is not Aang.

That is the dumbest theory anyone could possibly ever have. Even Meelo makes more sense. >_>

Nerdnot

[224]May 5, 2012
    • level: 14

_Amibrosia wrote:

Amon is an airbender after all.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m322m6JXXz1rou33uo1_500.jpg

Its aang in the photo. It's not Amon, Aang is telling Korra that Amon is his fault

Edited on 05/05/2012 10:28am