We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

Kwando7

[185]May 1, 2012
    • level: 18

readapost wrote:
    Ok new theories (not mine.) about just who Amon is, his upbringing or why and how he is doing what he is doing. Using both sides to each theory. 1. Amon is not related to the characters, and is a new villian. Yes. Because the way he is portrayed as such. He could never be someone we know his goals seem twisted and rather all issues with the cast of the Last Airbender seemed resolved. Like it was said only the Avatar can take bending away. No. If Amon was not related to the past characters in any shape or form where did all equalists learn chi blocking? We have to take in account there are no Kyoshi Warriors in this time period but why? Well Aang having known about Kyoshi and her mistake creating the Dai li, somewhere along the way something must have happened to cause there to be no Kyoshi Warriors or at least are no longer a strong presence. Plus who says only the Avatar can take bending away? I mean it's not like it really was a secret, Amon could have just read a book on the subject. While studying it he learning trick/shortcut to perfect it also it would just be as easy to access asomething on chi blocking. 2. Amon is Tarrlok. Yes.Think about it, if Tarrlok was Amon he could keep a eye on Korra therefore he'll know everything about her. With her under his wing he has a chance for more power, like Tenzin said. The question is why? The answer is simple, if there is going to be a war first he needs to start one. Meaning boths sides need to be fighting. That in turn drives the question, "If that's so true who was the Amon fighting Korra? " It could been a double which explains why he didn't take Korra's bending away. Only because Korra called him out, which wasn't part of his plan. No. Tarrlok isn't evil just because he is a politican. Just because he might be little shady doesn't not make him evil. Afterall his actions for having Korra might be trying to better his city? Besides when we saw Amon with Korra, he was with Tenzin. I like these theories the most and these are just my views on them.

Didn't hours go by before Amon showed himself to Korra? I'm sure Tarrlok could have made an excuse then gotten dressed up and taken a boat to the island without anyone knowing, I don't support Tarrlok being Amon this is just speculation. Sort of like in the movie "My Soul to Keep" when the bad guy is found out because the protagonist figures out the time the events took place

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UnovaChampion

[186]May 1, 2012
    • level: 19
    Was he with Tenzin? Or did he slip away at some point? Tarlokk wasn't the one to come to the statue searching for Korra, Tenzin was. Wonder where he sneaked off to, he was suppose to have people ready to protect Korra from Amon after all.

Let's look at some tidbits...

Amon: So the Avatar has arrived in Republic City early, looks like we'll have to accelerate our plans

How would Amon have such knowledge of her being early? Unless of course, Tenzin mentioned to the Council his plans to prolong Korra's training.

In Amon's fake story, he makes a relation to Zuko when saying he was scarred. Just like when Tenzin called him out on relating himself to Aang. Dude must have an ego trip and think he is as great as both heroes that made the city.

Then there was his persistence was Korra. He needs Korra on his task force in order to get nonbenders pissed with Korra. He didn't take her bending away yet because he must first ruin her reputation.

All the pieces of the puzzle fit.

shadowscott

[187]May 1, 2012
    • level: 23
    UnovaChampion wrote:

Amon: So the Avatar has arrived in Republic City early, looks like we'll have to accelerate our plans

How would Amon have such knowledge of her being early? Unless of course, Tenzin mentioned to the Council his plans to prolong Korra's training.

Amon probably figured Korra would come to Republic City EVENTUALLY to try and alleviate the tension. Maybe Amon just didn't think it would happen so soon. He could assume that the city would want the avatar's help and ask for Korra to come.

Kwando7

[188]May 1, 2012

shadowscott wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Amon: So the Avatar has arrived in Republic City early, looks like we'll have to accelerate our plans How would Amon have such knowledge of her being early? Unless of course, Tenzin mentioned to the Council his plans to prolong Korra's training.
    Amon probably figured Korra would come to Republic City EVENTUALLY to try and alleviate the tension. Maybe Amon just didn't think it would happen so soon. He could assume that the city would want the avatar's help and ask for Korra to come.

Well he is the bad guy he was probably sitting around in his easy chair thinking "the avatars going to get here eventually I got ta get my **** into gear", then Korra arrived and he heard her on the radio and very smoothly said the quote while thinking "damn she's here already I thought I'd have a few more weeks at least"

Edited on 05/01/2012 9:28am

shadowscott

[189]May 1, 2012
    • level: 23
    Kwando7 wrote:

shadowscott wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:
    Amon: So the Avatar has arrived in Republic City early, looks like we'll have to accelerate our plans How would Amon have such knowledge of her being early? Unless of course, Tenzin mentioned to the Council his plans to prolong Korra's training.

Well he is the bad guy he was probably sitting around in his easy chair thinking "the avatars going to get here eventually I got ta get my **** into gear", then Korra arrived and he heard her on the radio and very smoothly said the quote while thinking "damn she's here already I thought I'd have a few more weeks at least"

Exactly

readapost

[190]May 1, 2012
    • level: 14
    Kwando7 wrote:

readapost wrote:
    Ok new theories (not mine.) about just who Amon is, his upbringing or why and how he is doing what he is doing. Using both sides to each theory. 1. Amon is not related to the characters, and is a new villian. Yes. Because the way he is portrayed as such. He could never be someone we know his goals seem twisted and rather all issues with the cast of the Last Airbender seemed resolved. Like it was said only the Avatar can take bending away. No. If Amon was not related to the past characters in any shape or form where did all equalists learn chi blocking? We have to take in account there are no Kyoshi Warriors in this time period but why? Well Aang having known about Kyoshi and her mistake creating the Dai li, somewhere along the way something must have happened to cause there to be no Kyoshi Warriors or at least are no longer a strong presence. Plus who says only the Avatar can take bending away? I mean it's not like it really was a secret, Amon could have just read a book on the subject. While studying it he learning trick/shortcut to perfect it also it would just be as easy to access asomething on chi blocking. 2. Amon is Tarrlok. Yes.Think about it, if Tarrlok was Amon he could keep a eye on Korra therefore he'll know everything about her. With her under his wing he has a chance for more power, like Tenzin said. The question is why? The answer is simple, if there is going to be a war first he needs to start one. Meaning boths sides need to be fighting. That in turn drives the question, "If that's so true who was the Amon fighting Korra? " It could been a double which explains why he didn't take Korra's bending away. Only because Korra called him out, which wasn't part of his plan. No. Tarrlok isn't evil just because he is a politican. Just because he might be little shady doesn't not make him evil. Afterall his actions for having Korra might be trying to better his city? Besides when we saw Amon with Korra, he was with Tenzin. I like these theories the most and these are just my views on them.

Didn't hours go by before Amon showed himself to Korra? I'm sure Tarrlok could have made an excuse then gotten dressed up and taken a boat to the island without anyone knowing, I don't support Tarrlok being Amon this is just speculation. Sort of like in the movie "My Soul to Keep" when the bad guy is found out because the protagonist figures out the time the events took place

Yeah it's all speculation on my part too. Until we get some more hints Amon could just be the cookie monster for all we know.

athomas32

[191]May 1, 2012
    • level: 1

Amon stated that he had to accerlate his plans because Korea showed up AFTER korra announced her arrival to Republic City on the radio. So therefore yes anyone including the cookie monster could be Amon. I think Tarrlok is connected to Amon in some way because of the easy way of getting into the chi blocking place, but if anything Tarrlok is just Amons puppet. And the avatar is the bridge between the spirit world and the real world, no one else can communicate with the spirits, they might pray to them or fear them but not have a 1 on 1 conversation. That has been stated many times.

Nerdnot

[192]May 1, 2012
    athomas32 wrote:

no one else can communicate with the spirits.

False, Iroh did

readapost

[193]May 1, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    athomas32 wrote:

False, Iroh did
    Yeah even the Avatar extras state that he's been to the Spirit world. Kudos anyway for your Amon theory Athomas32. However this is a Korra thread where crazy mass **** takes off.

ravenspider1456

[194]May 1, 2012
    • level: 2
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    athomas32 wrote:

False, Iroh did
    Yeah even the Avatar extras state that he's been to the Spirit world. Kudos anyway for your Amon theory Athomas32. However this is a Korra thread where crazy mass **** takes off.

Sakka did to. It was the moon spirit, princess yue and him kissing her then saying "googbye" counts as some sort of communication to me.

Mantis82

[195]May 1, 2012

I think Amon is a new enemy, but the one who taught him energy bending is a familiar one. Only one spirit we know that hates the avatar over lifetimes is Koh the face stealer.

greeling

[196]May 1, 2012
    I have a couple theorys of who Amon could be though they are a little crazy.

1. Amon is an air bender, but not of Aang's descent. His grandparent's left the Air Temples not long before the Fire Kingdom attacked. They had to stay hidden all their lives and couldn't bend. His grandparents had air bender kids and they were taught all their lives that bending was bad to use and only use it if your life was in danger. They were still taught the techniques of air bending and mastered it. Then this kid had Amon who was also a Air bender and taught that bending was wrong to do in public cause that was what one of their parents had been taught about bending being bad and thats how they thought things worked. There is also the possibility that fire rebels found the family when Amon was young and found out they were air benders and killed his parents since they were Air benders letting Amon live cause they couldn't kill a child. So Amon was taught how to use Air bending and is also a master of it. The main thing that made me think of this is that when he is fighting Lightning Bolt Zolt he dodges quite swiftly the attacks instead of blocking much like an air bender. Air benders main way of fighting is dodging and fleeing which is what he does, while most other benders use their bending to block an attack which is the way he would have been use to doing if he was any other kind of bender. So I think he is an air bender that has been taught not to use bending and its wrong to use so he is now changing the world into the way he thinks it is suppose to be.

This would somewhat make sense for them to do cause it would be interesting to see air benders in a different way other then just good people. We have seen all other benders in not playing the good role. I don't think he will be a fire bender cause they have already been the evil ones and I think the creators will give them a break. I think Tarrlok is going to be the bad water bender so I doubt they will have to bad water benders. I don't think it will be an earth bender but I really dont have a reason for that

2. This one is my crazy idea but I think Amon could also be admiral Zhao from the first series. I know he was suppose to have been killed but we never really saw him die just dragged under water. I think he might have been taken into the spirit world even though neither Aang nor the fish were from the spirit world but I think something might have caused him to go there. He might have returned now back from there and learned how to block bending while in the spirit world. Time might flow differently in the spirit world so he might not have aged at all. So now he is back mad that the fire nation is no longer what it was and wants to bring vengeance to all benders, the benders that beat the fire nation and fire benders for giving up on the war. This would explain him covering his face cause that would show who he is cause he is a famous person in the avatar world.

3. His story is true and he is just a nonbender that learned a way to block bending.

UnovaChampion

[197]May 1, 2012
    • level: 19
    I'll laugh when it's Tarlokk.

AllieAllie

[198]May 1, 2012
    • level: 22

ravenspider1456 wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    athomas32 wrote:

False, Iroh did
    Sakka did to. It was the moon spirit, princess yue and him kissing her then saying "googbye" counts as some sort of communication to me.

And in the Winter Solstice episodes

Also, I just thought of something. You know how the names of characters tend to go with their nation? Is Amon more of a firebender or earthbender name?

Edited on 05/01/2012 5:42pm

Nerdnot

[199]May 1, 2012
    AllieAllie wrote:

ravenspider1456 wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    athomas32 wrote:

False, Iroh did

And in the Winter Solstice episodes

Also, I just thought of something. You know how the names of characters tend to go with their nation? Is Amon more of a firebender or earthbender name?

Earthbending, HOWEVER most fire bending names we know have a Z in them.

RaizenYusuke

[200]May 1, 2012
    • level: 28

Someone else said they may just be partners. I think that might be very likely. Amon and Torkin or whatever his name is could have a deal to take Republic City with Amon starting up trouble and Torkin stop him to win the people over and give him more power, but in reality Amon is using him to move up his own plans.

I am surprised no one has suggested that what's his name could be a red harring. Someone planted their to take our suspicions off of someone else.

Kwando7

[201]May 2, 2012

athomas32 wrote:

the avatar is the bridge between the spirit world and the real world,

Bridge meaning someone else can cross over with the help of the Avatar, maybe

WolfsBlackSoul

[202]May 2, 2012

greeling wrote:
    2. This one is my crazy idea but I think Amon could also be admiral Zhao from the first series. I know he was suppose to have been killed but we never really saw him die just dragged under water. I think he might have been taken into the spirit world even though neither Aang nor the fish were from the spirit world but I think something might have caused him to go there. He might have returned now back from there and learned how to block bending while in the spirit world. Time might flow differently in the spirit world so he might not have aged at all. So now he is back mad that the fire nation is no longer what it was and wants to bring vengeance to all benders, the benders that beat the fire nation and fire benders for giving up on the war. This would explain him covering his face cause that would show who he is cause he is a famous person in the avatar world.

How funny, I thought the same thing. I doubt it will happen, because even though the two series are connected, this is its own series and I think the creators are trying to make it so that people who never watched A:TLA can watch this show without confusion. They might mention old characters and have them show up in an episode for a bit, but for the main part, everyone is new, which is why I think Amon will most likely be someone new.

Nerdnot

[203]May 2, 2012
    greeling wrote:

2. This one is my crazy idea but I think Amon could also be admiral Zhao from the first series..
    He is dead. Even if he didn't die by the spirt monster, he would have died by old age

greeling

[204]May 2, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    greeling wrote:

2. This one is my crazy idea but I think Amon could also be admiral Zhao from the first series..
    He is dead. Even if he didn't die by the spirt monster, he would have died by old age

I said he might have been taken to spirit world when we thought he was killed and time might flow differently there so he didn't age