We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Who Is AMON -spoiler-

Kwando7

[265]May 13, 2012
    • level: 18

shadowscott wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    This might have been the only match they paid off to win. I think they are genuinelly good and won their other matches fair and square.
    that's what I feel too. Because if amon tipped them off, why would he go and take their bending away? Plus tahno would have said something like "you promised wed be safe". I think they paid off the ref just so they could kick the crap out of korra and the fire ferrets

Unless they didn't know who it was that tipped them off, why wouldn't he? it would make him look for heroic for punishing "evil" benders, it would serve as a "you've outlived your usefullness"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ontain

[266]May 13, 2012
    • level: 5
    Kwando7 wrote:

Unless they didn't know who it was that tipped them off, why wouldn't he? it would make him look for heroic for punishing "evil" benders, it would serve as a "you've outlived your usefullness"

I also think that Amon paid the refs off. then got someone else to tell the wolf bats. yes he wanted to make benders look bad but also he wanted to save korra for last as he said so he had to have the bats win.

_Amibrosia

[267]May 13, 2012
    CrazyAsian1080 wrote:

Im betting on that councilman guy who is obviously EVIL!!!

Everything seems to point to Torrlak, indeed. Or at least, both AMON and Torrlak are working together, the problem is to know why.

_Amibrosia

[268]May 13, 2012
    Kwando7 wrote:

shadowscott wrote:
    Kwando7 wrote:

I wonder when the flashbacks will have their story told.

I'm going to guess that Amon bribed the ref so the Wolfbats could win for leverage, I read this elsewhere so I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Nah, it had to have been the Wolfbats. Otherwise they would have just played a fair game, they knew it was fixed.

But it seems alittle off if they got through all there matches by bribing the ref, unless it was a one off time. But it would make sense for Amon to fix their match against the avatar then tip them off.

Im going toguess that there are equalists working at the arena which is how they got the equipment past the cops

I agree, I don't think they would work in the police force, they are filled with metalbenders.

_Amibrosia

[269]May 13, 2012
    I think elements bending are meant to be in the dark ages era, otherwise that's what you get from technology.

_Amibrosia

[270]May 13, 2012
    what kind of industrial company would have enough power to produce that sort of things, electrical gunthlet, taser bars, etc I think sato corps have something to do with it, or maybe another big one.

RaizenYusuke

[271]May 13, 2012
    • level: 28
    It could be possible the ref the wolfbats paid of is an Equalist then the ref told Amon and Amon used that as part of his plan. But either way would fit his purposes. Torkin still feels like a red herring to me, but sometimes the obvious choice is the correct one. I could easily seeing hi be Amon.

Kwando7

[272]May 13, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    It could be possible the ref the wolfbats paid of is an Equalist then the ref told Amon and Amon used that as part of his plan. But either way would fit his purposes. Torkin still feels like a red herring to me, but sometimes the obvious choice is the correct one. I could easily seeing hi be Amon.

The ref an equalist? THAT IS GENIUS! What better way to get in the ref has the eyes on the inside and can easily have told the Wolfbats to go for it. I readsome interesting ideas to support the theory that Tarlok is in league with Amon. While I doubt that Tarlok is Amon I think there may be a powerstruggle between to two for control of Republic city

BannikX

[273]May 14, 2012
    • level: 3

I think there's good reason to believe that Amon is Bumi, Aangs son. First, I have to agree that being the one nonbending child of the Avatar would majorly suck. Also, I think Amon moves like an airbender, and I wouldn't be surprised if the "my parents were killed by a bender" story is a lie. Here's my theory: Amon/Bumi learned to fight, but not bend, from his father, and from hearing all his stories and talking to his friends, learned about chiblocking and how his father took Ozai's bending away. I'm also thinking that Bumi maybe met up with Ozais spirit along the way. Bumi invented a modified form of chiblocking that permanently inhibits bending, although I also suspect that another energybender could undo it. I think, if anything, Tarlok is in Amon's pocket, but he's not the man behind the mask. He's definitely helping Amon in secret, but probably just because of some cockamamie story that Amon will leave him with his bending, and the idea of being the only remaining bender in the world would appeal to Tarloks need lust for power.

Nerdnot

[274]May 14, 2012
    • level: 14
    BannikX wrote:

I think there's good reason to believe that Amon is Bumi, Aangs son. First, I have to agree that being the one nonbending child of the Avatar would majorly suck. Also, I think Amon moves like an airbender, and I wouldn't be surprised if the "my parents were killed by a bender" story is a lie. Here's my theory: Amon/Bumi learned to fight, but not bend, from his father, and from hearing all his stories and talking to his friends, learned about chiblocking and how his father took Ozai's bending away. I'm also thinking that Bumi maybe met up with Ozais spirit along the way. Bumi invented a modified form of chiblocking that permanently inhibits bending, although I also suspect that another energybender could undo it. I think, if anything, Tarlok is in Amon's pocket, but he's not the man behind the mask. He's definitely helping Amon in secret, but probably just because of some cockamamie story that Amon will leave him with his bending, and the idea of being the only remaining bender in the world would appeal to Tarloks need lust for power.

We have been over this, BUMI is not Amon. Besides wouldn't Tenzin have a clue if he was?

Kwando7

[275]May 14, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    BannikX wrote:

We have been over this, BUMI is not Amon. Besides wouldn't Tenzin have a clue if he was?

No we've discussed thechances and so far nothing has proven that it isn't him. Tenzin hasn't had any real screen time with Amon, he was unconcious during the raid on the tournament.

BannikX

[276]May 14, 2012
    • level: 3

Besides, Tenzin has never mentioned his siblings. He has had no reason to. Watch Amon fight. He never strikes, he always just slides out of the way until he gets close enough to chiblock. He fights like he was trained by an Airbender.

shadowscott

[277]May 14, 2012
    • level: 23
    BannikX wrote:

Besides, Tenzin has never mentioned his siblings. He has had no reason to. Watch Amon fight. He never strikes, he always just slides out of the way until he gets close enough to chiblock. He fights like he was trained by an Airbender.

Or, that's because maybe he can't bend so he has to move out of the way?

IDK why no1 has brought this up, but if Amon cannot bend, he can't do anything BUT move out of the way. Also, Ty Lee wasn't a bender and she moved out of the way (with gymnastics, but nonetheless)

RaizenYusuke

[278]May 14, 2012
    If Amon is Bumi they just have to send Katara there. The one thing a man cannot do is withstand the MOM STARE! He'll crumple in seconds.

shadowscott

[279]May 14, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    If Amon is Bumi they just have to send Katara there. The one thing a man cannot do is withstand the MOM STARE! He'll crumple in seconds.

lmao!

Radripper5

[280]May 19, 2012
    • level: 1

Ok here it is guys, I dont think we can rule out Amon being the Avatar that lost out the race to Korra(he coulda been born like a few seconds after her or sumn idk) but if you think about it then it could make sense because Aang almost messed up the cycle when he got put on the verge of death while in the avatar state...The thing i was thinking was that he could've been an earth bender who was chosen in the cycle(which in itself would explain his entire backstory seeing as the fire nation occupied Earth cities and most of them had farms) and are u really going to eliminate that story because "Amon is older than Korra"? think about it the only thing u know about him is his voice and apart from changing it can u really say only old guys have deep voices?

Ignoring that theory i'm more on the side of it being Bumi(aang's son,allot of people say it's not(You're just guessing as we are) it makes more sense of it being him than any other story so far....Look at thing, we all know the backstory is most likely fake and Amon just came up with it to gain support(so that by itself eliminated all debates of how it couldn't be him), another thing is that people say "It can't be him because only the Avatar can manipulate energy" FALSE, the Lion-turtle did in fact tell Aang that before the time of the avatar people could bend energy and Aang was just the first to learn it after a long time. it makes sense that Aang would teach it to him so he'd have protection and he could've learned Chi blocking on his travels and his motive would be justified (being the only child of the Avatar that can't bend i'd be pissed too)..So that's a near perfect Theory as to who he could be

UnovaChampion

[281]May 19, 2012
    • level: 19
    Amon's connected to Yakone.

That's the only theory so far that isn't complete crap.

Nerdnot

[282]May 19, 2012
    • level: 14
    UnovaChampion wrote:

I think the Tarlock theory isn't bad, not that Tarlock is Amon but connected to him is likely

RaizenYusuke

[283]May 19, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:

I disagree. I don't think Amon being Yakone's son is complete crap. We don't have enough information to dismiss this theory yet.

shadowscott

[284]May 19, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:

I disagree. I don't think Amon being Yakone's son is complete crap. We don't have enough information to dismiss this theory yet.

Unova said that Amon IS connected to Yakone, not that he isnt.