We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

Nerdnot

[241]May 11, 2012
    • level: 14
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Maybe she can't because Aang relied so heavily on the avatar state to keep him and appa alive for 100 yrs in a block of ice.
    May I please refer to two quotes that may prove this wrong " He is Mr. Spirtal" and " Like Father, Like son". If we assume that Tenzin is like his Aang, then we be able to conclude that Aang was sprital. Korra is supposed to be the oppsite of Aang. Get it?

We don't really need quotes about Tenzin to prove that Aang is spiritual, and although Korra is the opposite of Aang in temper, that does not make her unable to enter the avatar-state... And that does not really disprove jkpop's theory at all, so either I don't understand what point you are trying to make, or you are not making it.
    Actually I just said that to keep this forum from dying. Its seems like its about to have a heart attack if you know what I mean. You got it ether way.

Hopefully we will have more to talk about after tomorrow!
    I really hope so, I don't want this forum to turn out like the glee forum once was.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AllieAllie

[242]May 11, 2012
    • level: 22

Nerdnot wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Maybe she can't because Aang relied so heavily on the avatar state to keep him and appa alive for 100 yrs in a block of ice.
    May I please refer to two quotes that may prove this wrong " He is Mr. Spirtal" and " Like Father, Like son". If we assume that Tenzin is like his Aang, then we be able to conclude that Aang was sprital. Korra is supposed to be the oppsite of Aang. Get it?
    We don't really need quotes about Tenzin to prove that Aang is spiritual, and although Korra is the opposite of Aang in temper, that does not make her unable to enter the avatar-state... And that does not really disprove jkpop's theory at all, so either I don't understand what point you are trying to make, or you are not making it.
    Actually I just said that to keep this forum from dying. Its seems like its about to have a heart attack if you know what I mean. You got it ether way.
    I really hope so, I don't want this forum to turn out like the glee forum once was.

I hope so too. I think its just been dead for the past few days cause we're all waiting for the new episode.

shadowscott

[243]May 11, 2012
    • level: 23
    AllieAllie wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:

I hope so too. I think its just been dead for the past few days cause we're all waiting for the new episode.

Also, for me at least, I couldnt post to the forums. So I emailed tv.com tech support and they helped me out.

shadowscott

[244]May 12, 2012
    • level: 23
    ******For anyone who hasn't seen episode 6, do not read************

That was insane. So apparently a lot of people here were right to guess that Lin and Tenzin were a thing. Guess I see how it could have been thought of. This episode was packed with amazing bending in the match and great fight scenes. I thought Amon taking Tahno's bending would have been a bit more dramatic, but I guess not. It was almost like, eh, I'll take his bending, whatever. I can't believe all the chi-blockers were among everyone and no1 knew they they were there. Guess they don't have any searches like at sporting events here nowadays. And where in the world is Amon and the Equalists getting the funding to buy all these fancy Ironman gloves and lightning sticks and whatnot? I mean, they have a freaking AIRSHIP!!! I think a lot of people underestimated the Equalists, including me, and they seem like a huge threat, because the people who aren't "oppressing non-benders" like most people are in danger now, and they shouldn't be.

edmasterchaos

[245]May 12, 2012
    • level: 41
    Amon's an airbender for sure. Asami and Sato are SO in this.

readapost

[246]May 12, 2012
    shadowscott wrote:
    ******For anyone who hasn't seen episode 6, do not read************

That was insane. So apparently a lot of people here were right to guess that Lin and Tenzin were a thing. Guess I see how it could have been thought of. This episode was packed with amazing bending in the match and great fight scenes. I thought Amon taking Tahno's bending would have been a bit more dramatic, but I guess not. It was almost like, eh, I'll take his bending, whatever. I can't believe all the chi-blockers were among everyone and no1 knew they they were there. Guess they don't have any searches like at sporting events here nowadays. And where in the world is Amon and the Equalists getting the funding to buy all these fancy Ironman gloves and lightning sticks and whatnot? I mean, they have a freaking AIRSHIP!!! I think a lot of people underestimated the Equalists, including me, and they seem like a huge threat, because the people who aren't "oppressing non-benders" like most people are in danger now, and they shouldn't be.
    I know I think it was Nerdnot who said about Lin and Tenzin. You deserve a pat on the back. Lin was like spider-women and was ready to take on Amon by herself! Of course Amon and Korra were epic I mean he blew up like everything. Amon is the result of Ozai and Koh having a baby.

Nerdnot

[247]May 12, 2012
    YES! That is 2 things I have predicted right!

readapost

[248]May 12, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Like I said kudos to you. Which means more then likely Suki and Sokka ship happned. Wait other thing? What other thing?

Nerdnot

[249]May 12, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Like I said kudos to you. Which means more then likely Suki and Sokka ship happned. Wait other thing? What other thing?
    It was on different show.

Nerdnot

[250]May 12, 2012
    Avatar: The Last Airbenderx3= Tension of 7 episodes of Korra

readapost

[251]May 12, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    That a good thing or bad? But this episode really did pick up the pace.

RaizenYusuke

[252]May 12, 2012
    • level: 28
    So was that guy in Korra's walk down memory lane Yakkone guy? I mean Aang looked older in this flashback than the last one, plus he used the State and looked pretty pissed. I love Tenzin and Korra's dynamic. I laughed when they talked about his romantic past. So Lin's dislike of Korra stems from her break up with Tenzin? That must make it awkward for their families. Amon threat is so Aang's fault or failure. We wouldn't be seeing all these flashbacks if his actions did not somehow create Amon.

SokkaAppa

[253]May 12, 2012
    • level: 11

I think I ready to say that this show when it's done will end up being better than theoriginal! I was completely blown away watching the episode today. Just absolutely fantastic!

_Amibrosia

[254]May 12, 2012
    • level: 5
    Finally, the relationship between Tenzin and Lin was true, I didnt see that happens. But, I guess that makes sense. For whoever who thinks that no every characters are related to the first books of avatars, well, I think Ursa having a new family is believable.

Nerdnot

[255]May 12, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    That a good thing or bad? But this episode really did pick up the pace.
    Great!
    SokkaAppa wrote:
    I think I ready to say that this show when it's done will end up being better than theoriginal! I was completely blown away watching the episode today. Just absolutely fantastic!
    I totally agree

readapost

[256]May 12, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    So was that guy in Korra's walk down memory lane Yakkone guy? I mean Aang looked older in this flashback than the last one, plus he used the State and looked pretty pissed. I love Tenzin and Korra's dynamic. I laughed when they talked about his romantic past. So Lin's dislike of Korra stems from her break up with Tenzin? That must make it awkward for their families. Amon threat is so Aang's fault or failure. We wouldn't be seeing all these flashbacks if his actions did not somehow create Amon.
    I heard it might have be Lighting Bolt Zolt. who was in the flashback.

Nerdnot

[257]May 12, 2012
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    Finally, the relationship between Tenzin and Lin was true, I didnt see that happens. But, I guess that makes sense. For whoever who thinks that no every characters are related to the first books of avatars, well, I think Ursa having a new family is believable.
    I think its believable, but it's a very small small chance that Amon is related to Zuko.

Nerdnot

[258]May 12, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    yeah, But how did his actions lead to Amon

MajLorne

[259]May 12, 2012
    • level: 21
    Great episode. The probending match was great. Sucks about the cheating and the refs being bought out. I did enjoy Tenzin getting upset about it and Lin teasing him about it. Also liked the part about Lin and Tenzin once being an item. I loved how Korra made a fool out of that guy in the 1 on 1 match. I'm kinda surprised for the 'evil jerk' he got a few scenes that made him look like a fool, it's like 2 different characters. So I guess it was expected the fire ferrets were to lose as the good guys 'can't win this soon'. Amon made a good point about how 'cheaters' getting worshiped was wrong. So the wolfbats got what they deserved.

But the highlight of this episode was Korra and Lin duking it out in the sky. Wow! They made a great duo. And hopefully maybe the tension will start to die down now as they've come to respect each other as fighters. I know this might sound sexist, but seeing women fighting like they do here is a big plus. A chick that can kick ass is a turn on

As for grim reaper, er, I mean the Lieutenant, is that it for him? He slid off the building and that was it. I kinda enjoy hearing Lance Herkinson's voice, it's as cool/creepy as Clancy Brown (leader of the Di Lee of the last show) and Steve Blum (amon).

btw, I know it might add 'clutter' to this forum, but I really think there should be individual episode discussions. I don't want to navigate thru 7 pages just to talk about the current episode. Also there's no need to 'bump' a thread that's a few days old without a response. Other places are more dead than here.

RaizenYusuke

[260]May 12, 2012
    • level: 28
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    yeah, But how did his actions lead to Amon
    That is what I am trying to figure out. But I really want to know what happened. Yakone didn't even look like he had a plan. This flashback (if that was the guy) he just face Aang head on... I mean what kind of happless moron is going to try to fight a fully realized Avatar head to head without some kind of plan? You can't outpower them you need like a stratgey. What did he do that made Aang so pissed that he used the Avatar State? I mean I am actually starting to wonder if Aang you know killed him.