We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

Nerdnot

[261]May 13, 2012
    • level: 14
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    So was that guy in Korra's walk down memory lane Yakkone guy? I mean Aang looked older in this flashback than the last one, plus he used the State and looked pretty pissed. I love Tenzin and Korra's dynamic. I laughed when they talked about his romantic past. So Lin's dislike of Korra stems from her break up with Tenzin? That must make it awkward for their families. Amon threat is so Aang's fault or failure. We wouldn't be seeing all these flashbacks if his actions did not somehow create Amon.
    yeah, But how did his actions lead to Amon
    That is what I am trying to figure out. But I really want to know what happened. Yakone didn't even look like he had a plan. This flashback (if that was the guy) he just face Aang head on... I mean what kind of happless moron is going to try to fight a fully realized Avatar head to head without some kind of plan? You can't outpower them you need like a stratgey. What did he do that made Aang so pissed that he used the Avatar State? I mean I am actually starting to wonder if Aang you know killed him.
    Aang didn't kill Ozai, I don't why he would kill anyone else. IF HE DID, what could Yakonne do that's worse than what Ozai did?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shadowscott

[262]May 13, 2012
    • level: 23

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    So was that guy in Korra's walk down memory lane Yakkone guy? I mean Aang looked older in this flashback than the last one, plus he used the State and looked pretty pissed. I love Tenzin and Korra's dynamic. I laughed when they talked about his romantic past. So Lin's dislike of Korra stems from her break up with Tenzin? That must make it awkward for their families. Amon threat is so Aang's fault or failure. We wouldn't be seeing all these flashbacks if his actions did not somehow create Amon.
    That is what I am trying to figure out. But I really want to know what happened. Yakone didn't even look like he had a plan. This flashback (if that was the guy) he just face Aang head on... I mean what kind of happless moron is going to try to fight a fully realized Avatar head to head without some kind of plan? You can't outpower them you need like a stratgey. What did he do that made Aang so pissed that he used the Avatar State? I mean I am actually starting to wonder if Aang you know killed him.
    Aang didn't kill Ozai, I don't why he would kill anyone else. IF HE DID, what could Yakonne do that's worse than what Ozai did?

try to hurt katara?

ShagonsHeart

[263]May 13, 2012
    • level: 4

shadowscott wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

try to hurt katara?

That's Possible. Aang, while he was really powerful, was only about 12 or 13 when he took on Ozai with out killing him. He might not think the same way as an adult. I think it's possible that Yakkone might have Killed Toph or Sokka since we saw them in the flash back. Maybe Aang spared him and it cost one or more of his friends their lives. That would explain the super pissed off look on his face.

Still hopping that they are still alive somewhere but I have a bad feeling. Katara gave the impression Sokka was dead and in Toph's discription on the website it didn't say if she was alive or dead. They said that Zuko was alive so that might be a spoiler for Toph.

shadowscott

[264]May 13, 2012
    ShagonsHeart wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

try to hurt katara?

That's Possible. Aang, while he was really powerful, was only about 12 or 13 when he took on Ozai with out killing him. He might not think the same way as an adult. I think it's possible that Yakkone might have Killed Toph or Sokka since we saw them in the flash back. Maybe Aang spared him and it cost one or more of his friends their lives. That would explain the super pissed off look on his face.

Still hopping that they are still alive somewhere but I have a bad feeling. Katara gave the impression Sokka was dead and in Toph's discription on the website it didn't say if she was alive or dead. They said that Zuko was alive so that might be a spoiler for Toph.

Sokka is definitely dead, katara said my brother and friends are gone. Albeit, Zuko is confirmed to be alive, but like you said, Toph doesn't have an age next to her name, so maybe she isnt alive either.

readapost

[265]May 13, 2012
    shadowscott wrote:
    ShagonsHeart wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

try to hurt katara?

Sokka is definitely dead, katara said my brother and friends are gone. Albeit, Zuko is confirmed to be alive, but like you said, Toph doesn't have an age next to her name, so maybe she isnt alive either.
    Maybe this Yakkone put Toph in some kind of coma? Maybe that's what Zuko is trying to do while being ambassador. He might be looking for anyone who is connected to Yakkone?

Nerdnot

[266]May 13, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    shadowscott wrote:
    ShagonsHeart wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

try to hurt katara?

Maybe this Yakkone put Toph in some kind of coma? Maybe that's what Zuko is trying to do while being ambassador. He might be looking for anyone who is connected to Yakkone?
    WHAT! For someone to put Toph in any thing like that is like a one in billion(if that ) chance! Toph was/ in history the Greatest Earth/Metalbender ever! That being said, the Zuko thing totally probable.

readapost

[267]May 13, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    shadowscott wrote:
    ShagonsHeart wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

try to hurt katara?

WHAT! For someone to put Toph in any thing like that is like a one in billion(if that ) chance! Toph was/ in history the Greatest Earth/Metalbender ever! That being said, the Zuko thing totally probable.
    True but what about someone who was light on his/her feet? Remember in the very episode when Toph was introduced? She couldn't hit Aang until his feet touched the ground?

Nerdnot

[268]May 13, 2012
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    shadowscott wrote:
    ShagonsHeart wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

try to hurt katara?

True but what about someone who was light on his/her feet? Remember in the very episode when Toph was introduced? She couldn't hit Aang until his feet touched the ground?
    I'm sure Toph learned away around that

_Amibrosia

[269]May 13, 2012
    • level: 5
    Too many quotes, I don't see what you guys are talking about.

readapost

[270]May 13, 2012
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    Too many quotes, I don't see what you guys are talking about.
    Well I'm talking about Toph might have been put in a coma by Yakkone/someone else. Hense why they didn't put her age next to her name on the Korra map game. Zuko might have became ambassador in order to hunt down anyone with ties to Yakkone. Kinda like a undercover mission. Nerdnot seems to argree with with my Zuko theory. But disagrees with Toph being a coma. So I came up with a theory that someone light on their feet might have took her out/put in a coma. Nerdnot thinks otherwise. All caught up?

AllieAllie

[271]May 13, 2012
    • level: 22

shadowscott wrote:
    ShagonsHeart wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

try to hurt katara?

Katara said my brother and MOST of my friends are gone. So that allows Zuko and maybe a few other characters to be alive.

I dont remember, did Aang have an age next to his name in the game? If he does, then not having an age might not mean that she isn't alive.

EDIT: Yep, it has his age. So doesn't mean she isn't alive.

Edited on 05/13/2012 6:52pm

readapost

[272]May 13, 2012
    AllieAllie wrote:

shadowscott wrote:
    ShagonsHeart wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    RaizenYusuke wrote:

try to hurt katara?

Katara said my brother and MOST of my friends are gone. So that allows Zuko and maybe a few other characters to be alive.

I dont remember, did Aang have an age next to his name in the game? If he does, then not having an age might not mean that she isn't alive.

Yes it could have deep meaning or it could be a oversight. Hopefully episode seven will reveal answers.

minicart

[273]May 13, 2012
    • level: 1

I haven't seen the latest episode yet but the biggest flaw of this show for me so far is...lack of Lieutenant....I just really love Lance Henriksen's voice

MajLorne

[274]May 13, 2012
    • level: 21
    I'm glad someone agrees with me about the Lt.

edmasterchaos

[275]May 13, 2012
    • level: 41

I say that Toph's age isn't in the site because she died in her late 30s/early 40s. Yakone did it.

Aang has to lose Toph, like how Sokka lost Yue and Katara lost her mother. It didn't happen in the first series, but it happened before this one. Young death for Toph by Yakone's hand leads to the pissed off Aang, leads to her mother's forceful and direct methods of police-ing.

Nerdnot

[276]May 13, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

I say that Toph's age isn't in the site because she died in her late 30s/early 40s. Yakone did it.

Aang has to lose Toph, like how Sokka lost Yue and Katara lost her mother. It didn't happen in the first series, but it happened before this one. Young death for Toph by Yakone's hand leads to the pissed off Aang, leads to her mother's forceful and direct methods of police-ing.

NOBODY GIVES TOPH CREDIT! Toph probably got killed by age or being worn down from being the best metal/earthbender in the world. I'm sure Lin got her toughness from Toph. Has anybody else thought that Yakone might have killed Sokka?

edmasterchaos

[277]May 13, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

NOBODY GIVES TOPH CREDIT! Toph probably got killed by age or being worn down from being the best metal/earthbender in the world. I'm sure Lin got her toughness from Toph. Has anybody else thought that Yakone might have killed Sokka?
    Toph went down fighting hard, like she should.

Perhaps, but Toph's missing age makes me think they're hiding the time of her death, hiding details for her on purpose. And if they're hiding them, that means they're going to reveal them.

shadowscott

[278]May 13, 2012
    AllieAllie wrote:

shadowscott wrote:

I meant to say most friends, not all. that's my bad. And okay, it has his age there, but we KNOW for a fact that Zuko is alive and travelling the world. Toph's whereabouts are unknown. But having her die at the mercy of Yakone make's sense. Also makes sense why everyone would have cared, since she was head of police at the time probably.

RaizenYusuke

[279]May 13, 2012
    • level: 28
    edmasterchaos wrote:

I don't understand your reasoning to be honest for why Aang has to a woman he loves (platonic I mean) like Katara lost her moter and Sokka lost Yue. Ca you elaborate please?

edmasterchaos

[280]May 13, 2012

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

I don't understand your reasoning to be honest for why Aang has to a woman he loves (platonic I mean) like Katara lost her moter and Sokka lost Yue. Ca you elaborate please?
    Remember way back, in bright times when we were all naive younglings experiencing the firs- ah screw it. The Swamp, it showed that Aang 'lost' Toph, and then the fat dude says that time is an illusion, so Aang losing Toph was bound to happen.
    If it's due to Aang not stopping Yakone in time then it's more emotionally hardcore so it matches the other losses seen in the swamp.