We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

RaizenYusuke

[281]May 13, 2012
    • level: 28
    Oh got you.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

edmasterchaos

[282]May 13, 2012
    • level: 41

When a hippie and a magical swamp say someone's gonna die then you better believe someone's gonna die.

readapost

[283]May 13, 2012
    • level: 14
    edmasterchaos wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

I say that Toph's age isn't in the site because she died in her late 30s/early 40s. Yakone did it.

Aang has to lose Toph, like how Sokka lost Yue and Katara lost her mother. It didn't happen in the first series, but it happened before this one. Young death for Toph by Yakone's hand leads to the pissed off Aang, leads to her mother's forceful and direct methods of police-ing.

I don't understand your reasoning to be honest for why Aang has to a woman he loves (platonic I mean) like Katara lost her moter and Sokka lost Yue. Ca you elaborate please?
    Remember way back, in bright times when we were all naive younglings experiencing the firs- ah screw it. The Swamp, it showed that Aang 'lost' Toph, and then the fat dude says that time is an illusion, so Aang losing Toph was bound to happen.
    If it's due to Aang not stopping Yakone in time then it's more emotionally hardcore so it matches the other losses seen in the swamp.

One of the flashbacks were Toph standing where Aang was standing. Hmm think back to when I was a naive youngling? I feel old now.

edmasterchaos

[284]May 13, 2012
    • level: 41

readapost wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

I say that Toph's age isn't in the site because she died in her late 30s/early 40s. Yakone did it.

Aang has to lose Toph, like how Sokka lost Yue and Katara lost her mother. It didn't happen in the first series, but it happened before this one. Young death for Toph by Yakone's hand leads to the pissed off Aang, leads to her mother's forceful and direct methods of police-ing.

I don't understand your reasoning to be honest for why Aang has to a woman he loves (platonic I mean) like Katara lost her moter and Sokka lost Yue. Ca you elaborate please?
    Remember way back, in bright times when we were all naive younglings experiencing the firs- ah screw it. The Swamp, it showed that Aang 'lost' Toph, and then the fat dude says that time is an illusion, so Aang losing Toph was bound to happen.
    If it's due to Aang not stopping Yakone in time then it's more emotionally hardcore so it matches the other losses seen in the swamp.

One of the flashbacks were Toph standing where Aang was standing. Hmm think back to when I was a naive youngling? I feel old now.
    This all took place 42 years ago, lets say Day X is when Toph dies, any time Aang looks calm/annoyed then it's prior to day X, and when he's pissed/avatar-stateing then it's post-day X.

readapost

[285]May 13, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

readapost wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

This all took place 42 years ago, lets say Day X is when Toph dies, any time Aang looks calm/annoyed then it's prior to day X, and when he's pissed/avatar-stateing then it's post-day X.

I see your reasoning now. Just so I do know your thinking Yakone/someone tied to Yakone did it?

Empace

[286]May 14, 2012
    • level: 3
    readapost wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

readapost wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

I see your reasoning now. Just so I do know your thinking Yakone/someone tied to Yakone did it?

Yes, that is what he is thinking. If Toph died 42 years ago, then Lin lost her mother when she was eight. If we assume that she had a father (although I can not picture anyone having an intimate relation with Toph), he was probably quite likeminded to Toph. It would make sense for Lin to reflect her mother's attitude to life even without her raising her if they lived togheter for eight years and her father was a similare man. One could also predict that Toph had several disciples in metalbending by then, and that they had learned more than bending from their master. In all, I would say it is plausible that Toph died by Yakone's hand.

Nerdnot

[287]May 14, 2012
    I think Yakonne got Sokka somehow, but was then cleared by the council. Toph found him and found out he was lying. Aang was mad because he was the one that pretty much cleared him. And the rest is history. That's just my 2 cents anyway.

readapost

[288]May 14, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    I think Yakonne got Sokka somehow, but was then cleared by the council. Toph found him and found out he was lying. Aang was mad because he was the one that pretty much cleared him. And the rest is history. That's just my 2 cents anyway.
    The only reason I thought Toph couldn't have died of old age or illness is because, Earthbenders seem to live a long time. Bumi being one hundred twelve years old and Kyoshi being in her two hundreds. That was before I heard Edmasterchaos and Empace input. Just remember these are theories.

UnovaChampion

[289]May 14, 2012
    • level: 19
    It would make sense if Toph was murdered by Yakone, lots of sense.

Sokka probably died of old age

Nerdnot

[290]May 16, 2012
    UnovaChampion wrote:

If he died of old age then why was he in the flash back at all?

shadowscott

[291]May 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    Nerdnot wrote:
    UnovaChampion wrote:

If he died of old age then why was he in the flash back at all?

No one ever said that the flashbacks HAD to be of people who were killed. Aang died of old age, I'm pretty sure Lightning Bolt Zolt is in one of the flashbacks, and he's still alive.

UnovaChampion

[292]May 16, 2012
    Aang was in the flashback and he died of natural causes, so what's your point?

If Yakone killed both of them, than wow.

MajLorne

[293]May 16, 2012
    • level: 21
    That could be a good explaination on why Aang died young. It's that or being frozen for 100 years shortened his lifespan.

RaizenYusuke

[294]May 16, 2012
    • level: 28
    If Aang as murdered it would explain why Korra was being put on lockdown. I don't see Yakone killing him.

UnovaChampion

[295]May 16, 2012
    It's the latter.

Also back in episode 4 Tarlokk mentioned Aang was not afraid to deal with Yakone....I think Aang snapped when one or both of Sokka/Toph was killed and he actually did away with Yakone.

elementavatar14

[296]May 16, 2012
    • level: 8

Just a post from an old guy coming back because he is frikkin being blown away by this new series:

This may have been said/asked/speculated about already but I really don't have the focus to read through the previous posts. I want to know several things that the current hardcore fanbase may be privy to, and of course the good ole oldies such as edmasterchaos.

1) Why in the world didn't Tenzin fight when Amon attacked at the championship? He could have easily caught Korra when she was falling, leaving Chief BeFong to attack the escaping airship. He regained consciousness at the same time as Chief BeFong, so what was he doing? Come on Tenzin, I know you're badass, you can do it.

2) These flashbacks are killing me. I WANT TO KNOW ALL! This theory of Toph being killed by Yukone or however you spell it is awesome. I just want some serious, intense info about what happened to the good ole Gaang.

3) If there isn't an Avatar State here soon I'm gonna break the TV.

4) Asami is evil and I know it. I have a feeling it was Sokka who invested in her father's satomobile company.

5) Who taught Korra all these elements? Give me some background information people.

6) This show is awesome. Animation is great, characterization blows my mind, I love the villain idea, everything. I miss staying up late nights just refreshing my page to get more responses on these forums and waiting with baited breath for the new interviews. I'll keep in touch guys and I hope this show continues to be amazing. Welcome new fans, and greetings to the old ones.

Nerdnot

[297]May 16, 2012
    elementavatar14 wrote:

Just a post from an old guy coming back because he is frikkin being blown away by this new series:

This may have been said/asked/speculated about already but I really don't have the focus to read through the previous posts. I want to know several things that the current hardcore fanbase may be privy to, and of course the good ole oldies such as edmasterchaos.

1) Why in the world didn't Tenzin fight when Amon attacked at the championship? He could have easily caught Korra when she was falling, leaving Chief BeFong to attack the escaping airship. He regained consciousness at the same time as Chief BeFong, so what was he doing? Come on Tenzin, I know you're badass, you can do it.

2) These flashbacks are killing me. I WANT TO KNOW ALL! This theory of Toph being killed by Yukone or however you spell it is awesome. I just want some serious, intense info about what happened to the good ole Gaang.

4) Asami is evil and I know it. I have a feeling it was Sokka who invested in her father's satomobile company.

5) Who taught Korra all these elements? Give me some background information people.

6) This show is awesome. Animation is great, characterization blows my mind, I love the villain idea, everything. I miss staying up late nights just refreshing my page to get more responses on these forums and waiting with baited breath for the new interviews. I'll keep in touch guys and I hope this show continues to be amazing. Welcome new fans, and greetings to the old ones.

Well those are some interesting Ideas. We know Katara taught Korra waterbending, the rest I don't think we have answer to.

UnovaChampion

[298]May 16, 2012
    1. I think Tenzin was still a little dazed from the shocking, plus I feel he's more of a pacifist, Korra and Lin were obviously more aggressive though. Plus the writers wanted to focus on a pair up of the both of them in battle so Tenzin had to get the short end of the stick.

2. Patience, those flashbacks will be explained eventually, perhaps after the next time Korra encounters Amon and has a 3rd set of flashbacks, she'll start asking someone about them, heck she might even bring them up next episode. If she talked with Aang, he'd be perfect to give her the backstory of what went down. Her spiritual side has a little ways to go though.

3. Again, Korra isn't spiritual, nor has she had any reason to be pissed beyond all reasoning or even in severely grave danger.

4. I guess Sokka is possible, but I don't see why it even has to be him. I don't think Asami's really evil, but is likely being tricked or threatened by Amon.

5. The White Lotus and Katara helped Korra master her elements, since she had the physical side of bending nailed at such a young age, she was able to waterbend, firebend, and earthbend already. Tenzin's the only air master in existence and Korra's opposite type of bending is air so that's the one challenging her.

6. Nice to meet you

shadowscott

[299]May 16, 2012
    • level: 23
    elementavatar14 wrote:

HEY! I don't know if you remember but I miss seeing you around these parts... I don't seem many familiar names on Korra than with Avatar... We are all wanting to know the same things as you, and I guess all we can do is wait at this moment. Welcome back and hope you stay

elementavatar14

[300]May 16, 2012
    • level: 8

shadowscott wrote:
    elementavatar14 wrote:

HEY! I don't know if you remember but I miss seeing you around these parts... I don't seem many familiar names on Korra than with Avatar... We are all wanting to know the same things as you, and I guess all we can do is wait at this moment. Welcome back and hope you stay

haha. I'm here to stay as long as the awesomeness of this show stays. Funny how the Avatar world always finds a way to draw me back in. Yea I definitely remember you and a few others that I've seen transfer over to this forum. It's good to see that some fans kept the flame burning after such a long break.