We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

Nerdnot

[221]May 5, 2012
    • level: 14
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

_Amibrosia wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    I thinks pretty obvious who's Tenzins first lover was
    Do you think his first love was Lin Beifong?
    Best guess!
    Yeah, but, I don't know, I don't think Beifond would act like that.
    That was my best guess. I cant image who else it could be.
    I can imagin it could have been anybody else. I mean, Republic city is a big place, and Beifong seems like a rather bad match for Tenzin.
    Yep, earth and air, bad mixture.

Yeah, the Lin theory seems possible, but it could have been another character that hasn't been introduced yet.

The Lin Theory is the most possible as of right now
    True but some could say Zuko's daughter as well. Sure maybe there's a gap in the ages, however that's what seems to be the focus of this show.
    That is why I said its the most possible as of right now. Well it could be Zukos daughter, but Lin is probably more Tenzins age
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

readapost

[222]May 5, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

_Amibrosia wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Best guess!
    I can imagin it could have been anybody else. I mean, Republic city is a big place, and Beifong seems like a rather bad match for Tenzin.

Yeah, the Lin theory seems possible, but it could have been another character that hasn't been introduced yet.

True but some could say Zuko's daughter as well. Sure maybe there's a gap in the ages, however that's what seems to be the focus of this show.
    That is why I said its the most possible as of right now. Well it could be Zukos daughter, but Lin is probably more Tenzins age
    True I just hope you don't to invest in just one theory. Mostly because I have a feeling there is gonna be many twists.

RaizenYusuke

[223]May 6, 2012
    • level: 28
    Wow. This episode alone had enough love drama for like the entire season. I am not even sure if there will be more focus on it because they put like a entire season worth of love drama in one episode.

Nerdnot

[224]May 6, 2012
    RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Wow. This episode alone had enough love drama for like the entire season. I am not even sure if there will be more focus on it because they put like a entire season worth of love drama in one episode.
    Well considering this show has only signed on for 2 seasons I says it has to

_Amibrosia

[225]May 6, 2012
    • level: 5
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

_Amibrosia wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Best guess!

True I just hope you don't to invest in just one theory. Mostly because I have a feeling there is gonna be many twists.

We need to see Zuko's daughter then, it's all getting more and more interesting. I would like to see Zuko first, then his daughter. I wonder how the different nations will make their appearence in the show and as we all know in the republic city, if all the story is happened there.

Nerdnot

[226]May 6, 2012
    Where is that episode list?

readapost

[227]May 6, 2012
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    readapost wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    AllieAllie wrote:

_Amibrosia wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Best guess!

We need to see Zuko's daughter then, it's all getting more and more interesting. I would like to see Zuko first, then his daughter. I wonder how the different nations will make their appearence in the show and as we all know in the republic city, if all the story is happened there.
    Yes, I wonder if that Skeleton in the closet episode I heard about will have any info.

edmasterchaos

[228]May 7, 2012
    • level: 41

I really hope Asami becomes more integral to the plot beyond being Mayo's girlfriend soon, so far she has only been a device to link Future Industries to the Fire Ferrets and to be a romantic foil for Korra. Mako's storyline would get richer if Salami poses a threat, or really just actually does anything to become a character, though her being evil might be too generic. All in all, I used to think that Mayo and Salami would be a great combination, but i'm starting to think it's plain.

_Amibrosia

[229]May 7, 2012
    edmasterchaos wrote:

I really hope Asami becomes more integral to the plot beyond being Mayo's girlfriend soon, so far she has only been a device to link Future Industries to the Fire Ferrets and to be a romantic foil for Korra. Mako's storyline would get richer if Salami poses a threat, or really just actually does anything to become a character, though her being evil might be too generic. All in all, I used to think that Mayo and Salami would be a great combination, but i'm starting to think it's plain.

Mayo and Salami, between two slices of tomatos, in white bread.

Empace

[230]May 9, 2012
    • level: 3
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

Either she gets a more vivid personality, or she is out of the series quicker than you can say Ba Sing Se. It would however be strange for the creators to introduce an important character as an empty shell, and that speaks for her departure and insignifigance for the story as a whole.

_Amibrosia

[231]May 9, 2012
    Empace wrote:
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

Either she gets a more vivid personality, or she is out of the series quicker than you can say Ba Sing Se. It would however be strange for the creators to introduce an important character as an empty shell, and that speaks for her departure and insignifigance for the story as a whole.

Indeed, she doesnt seem to have a personality.

readapost

[232]May 9, 2012
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    _Amibrosia wrote:
    edmasterchaos wrote:

Indeed, she doesnt seem to have a personality.
    Well we are kinda of dealing with anti characters.

Korra is the anti- Aang.

Mako is the anti-Zuko.

Asami is the anti-Mai?

shadowscott

[234]May 10, 2012
    • level: 23
    http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/legend-of-korra-and-the-winner-is-councils-decision-clip.html

So looks like Amon is gunna crash Pro Bending, guess this is when
    ***SPOILER***

jkpop_07

[235]May 10, 2012
    Maybe Sokka and Suki have a daughter that Tenzin might have been with. All those flashes that Korra had after Amon knocked her out should mean something shouldn't it? That's what irritated me with The Spirit of Competition. It focused soley on love triangles/octagon. Theres so many unanswered questions from the original series that still haven't been answered and theres new questions that this series has brought up. For example has Korra ever been the avatar state? Maybe she can't because Aang relied so heavily on the avatar state to keep him and appa alive for 100 yrs in a block of ice.

shadowscott

[236]May 10, 2012
    • level: 23
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Maybe Sokka and Suki have a daughter that Tenzin might have been with. All those flashes that Korra had after Amon knocked her out should mean something shouldn't it? That's what irritated me with The Spirit of Competition. It focused soley on love triangles/octagon. Theres so many unanswered questions from the original series that still haven't been answered and theres new questions that this series has brought up. For example has Korra ever been the avatar state? Maybe she can't because Aang relied so heavily on the avatar state to keep him and appa alive for 100 yrs in a block of ice.

First off, the flashbacks mean something, we just haven't been told yet. Also, the reason they had the love triangle episode is so that they could get it out of the way in 1 ep rather than dragging it out.

Second, not all the questions from the first show HAVE to be answered. That's not in the show description.

Third, Aang being in the Avatar State for a prolonged period of time should have nothing to do with Korra not being able to. Either she cannot because she isn't in tune with the spiritual side, or we just haven't seen her use it yet. Chances are it's the spirit stuff that she's lacking.

Nerdnot

[237]May 11, 2012
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Maybe she can't because Aang relied so heavily on the avatar state to keep him and appa alive for 100 yrs in a block of ice.
    May I please refer to two quotes that may prove this wrong " He is Mr. Spirtal" and " Like Father, Like son". If we assume that Tenzin is like his Aang, then we be able to conclude that Aang was sprital. Korra is supposed to be the oppsite of Aang. Get it?

Empace

[238]May 11, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:
    Maybe she can't because Aang relied so heavily on the avatar state to keep him and appa alive for 100 yrs in a block of ice.
    May I please refer to two quotes that may prove this wrong " He is Mr. Spirtal" and " Like Father, Like son". If we assume that Tenzin is like his Aang, then we be able to conclude that Aang was sprital. Korra is supposed to be the oppsite of Aang. Get it?

We don't really need quotes about Tenzin to prove that Aang is spiritual, and although Korra is the opposite of Aang in temper, that does not make her unable to enter the avatar-state... And that does not really disprove jkpop's theory at all, so either I don't understand what point you are trying to make, or you are not making it.

Nerdnot

[239]May 11, 2012
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:

We don't really need quotes about Tenzin to prove that Aang is spiritual, and although Korra is the opposite of Aang in temper, that does not make her unable to enter the avatar-state... And that does not really disprove jkpop's theory at all, so either I don't understand what point you are trying to make, or you are not making it.
    Actually I just said that to keep this forum from dying. Its seems like its about to have a heart attack if you know what I mean. You got it ether way.

Empace

[240]May 11, 2012
    Nerdnot wrote:
    Empace wrote:
    Nerdnot wrote:
    jkpop_07 wrote:

Actually I just said that to keep this forum from dying. Its seems like its about to have a heart attack if you know what I mean. You got it ether way.

Hopefully we will have more to talk about after tomorrow!