We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

The Legend of Korra Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2014)

Official Book 1: Air Discussion Thread

RaizenYusuke

[381]Jun 24, 2012
    • level: 28

A lot of hate geared toward Amon being a bender, which surprises me, because I thought his power regadrless of what it was would be bending of some kind.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kwando7

[382]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 18

edmasterchaos wrote:

On good weekends it even beats The Walking Dead.

Huh I thought The Walking Dead was low in ratings?

I hate it because I really wanted to see a non-bender hold there own against the Avatar. I mean sure he didn't bend for most of the book, but wasn't there a line that stated because he was a bender he was able to dodge all the attacks. That and the hypocrite thing

Edited on 06/25/2012 12:08am

shadowscott

[383]Jun 30, 2012
    • level: 23
    Kwando7 wrote:

edmasterchaos wrote:

On good weekends it even beats The Walking Dead.

Huh I thought The Walking Dead was low in ratings?

I hate it because I really wanted to see a non-bender hold there own against the Avatar. I mean sure he didn't bend for most of the book, but wasn't there a line that stated because he was a bender he was able to dodge all the attacks. That and the hypocrite thing

i'm pretty sure the only time he was bending was when he bloodbent, and he didnt do that to dodge attacks. he WAS truly that good.

RaizenYusuke

[384]Jun 30, 2012
    I think what Mako was suggesting was that Amon was using blood bending to help evade and dodge attacks.

BundyX75

[385]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 6

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N_AxmcURsbw6af1nZ0yyPTvzuQmUEBIjXkvB55F-YnU/edit?pli=1

^This is a really great read as it presents some really solid arguments and brings up a lot of good point. It is a negative review but the poster (I have no idea who posted it) does give the show credit and is only writing about the problemsbecausehe/she enjoyed a lot about the show. Language was cleaned up by somebody else, so there aren't any curse words or stuff like that (Once again, didn't do the clean up). Anyway, even though I don't necessarily agree with all that's written, but once more, it was a really great read. Also, sorry if this has already been posted.

Nerdnot

[386]Jul 3, 2012
    • level: 14
    BundyX75 wrote:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N_AxmcURsbw6af1nZ0yyPTvzuQmUEBIjXkvB55F-YnU/edit?pli=1

^This is a really great read as it presents some really solid arguments and brings up a lot of good point. It is a negative review but the poster (I have no idea who posted it) does give the show credit and is only writing about the problemsbecausehe/she enjoyed a lot about the show. Language was cleaned up by somebody else, so there aren't any curse words or stuff like that (Once again, didn't do the clean up). Anyway, even though I don't necessarily agree with all that's written, but once more, it was a really great read. Also, sorry if this has already been posted.

You need to understand that was supposed to be the last one. Don't blame the episode for the problems, blame Nick for saying that there will be a second season way too late.

BundyX75

[387]Jul 3, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    BundyX75 wrote:

You need to understand that was supposed to be the last one. Don't blame the episode for the problems, blame Nick for saying that there will be a second season way too late.

Son of a . . .just realized that in my post that weird no space thing happened again! That only happens to me on this site, can't believe I didn't catch it.

Um, anyways I'm a bit confused to what you're specifically referring to here. Are you referring to the document (which brings up that the second season was added way too late [though that was more of a season review than just the finale]) or my dislike for the finale?

Edited on 07/03/2012 8:58am

Nerdnot

[388]Jul 3, 2012
    BundyX75 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:
    BundyX75 wrote:

Son of a . . .just realized that in my post that weird no space thing happened again! That only happens to me on this site, can't believe I didn't catch it.

Um, anyways I'm a bit confused to what you're specifically referring to here. Are you referring to the document (which brings up that the second season was added way too late [though that was more of a season review than just the finale]) or my dislike for the finale?

Your dislike of the finale.

RaizenYusuke

[389]Jul 3, 2012

The essay was well crafted and I find the season overall enjoyable the writer brought up excellent points that made me think. I don't think any of us brought up how little time Korra actually spent learning air bending on-screen after the first few episodes. The writers used the same format in A: TLA they had Aang spend one or two episodes learning the basis and most of his training was off-screen, which I did not mind. However, earth bending stood out, because even though we only saw Aang's earth bending training rarely the first episode instilled a lesson into Aang that affected his character and his fighting style. Aang learned that people have to be direct and face problems had on, which was the key to earth bending and when he did that he learned how to do it. Korra on the other hand didn't get that. The writer was absolutely right. Air bending was so key to spirituality and evasion, finding other ways to solve problems besides the direct approach. Korra learned it because out of desperation or anger, which was against the air bending teachings.

I never paid attention to that until now. I liked how she learned air bending at the last moment and it made sense, but it is still a good point that Korra's learning to use it did seem to go against the basic principle of air bending. Maybe the creators tried to put too much into a mini-series? If this was 20 episodes from the start they could have fit all these plot elements and the story would have been smoother.

BundyX75

[390]Jul 4, 2012

Nerdnot wrote:
    BundyX75 wrote:

Nerdnot wrote:

Your dislike of the finale.

The thing is though, very little of my dislike of the finale is because there is a second season. Sure, them wrapping everything up quickly didn't really entice me to watch season two, which is a bit of a problem, but it's not my main problem nor will it keep me watching season two. The Deus ex Machina ending and Amon's character are my two biggest problems, and I'm glad there's a second season because it has theopportunityto be better and because for most of it, the show was awesome. But I most of my review was geared to it as a stand alone story, although Nick really shouldn't of ordered a second season so late.

teenj12

[391]Jul 5, 2012
    • level: 26
    I think most people have to deal with the fact that this is kinda a min-series. The writers have 26 episodes to play with. Time is precious with this show. Depending on what they have planned next season, it might not be room for Korra to deal with the lost of her bending. This show is more plot developing than character development, but I think its just hpw it has to be. I for one enjoy it for what it is.

game_man1

[392]Jul 11, 2012
    • level: 8
    so apparently nick ordered another 26 episode.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/11/nickelodeon-officially-orders-second-season-of-the-legend-of-korra

readapost

[393]Jul 11, 2012
    game_man1 wrote:
    so apparently nick ordered another 26 episode.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/07/11/nickelodeon-officially-orders-second-season-of-the-legend-of-korra
    Yes, I know looks like we are going to get more episodes. With the books/comics telling more about the past. I guess Nick did had a grand plan after all.

qtwanderer

[394]Jul 12, 2012
    • level: 27
    Too bad Viacom didn't...*has no nick or more importantly other channels* Good things for the web

Nerdnot

[395]Jul 12, 2012
    qtwanderer wrote:
    Too bad Viacom didn't...*has no nick or more importantly other channels* Good things for the web
    I think that's more direct tv fault than Viacom

RaizenYusuke

[396]Jul 17, 2012
    Anyone watching the Making of a Legend segaments on Nick Toon's special showing of Korra's first season?

Kwando7

[397]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 18

Don't get nick toons where I am we have to wait till september before Korra airs because theythink we couldn't possibly remember Aangs advantures having them re-aired after having just finished a couple of months ago

neoyamato_pi

[398]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 26

RaizenYusuke wrote:
    Anyone watching the Making of a Legend segaments on Nick Toon's special showing of Korra's first season?

Yeah, that's where I started watching the series actually. I found it pretty interesting, but wanted to finish up the show so I watched the rest online. But I still plan on watching the remaining episodes that they're going to air.

AllieAllie

[399]Jul 17, 2012
    • level: 22

I'm watching those too, not a lot of new information but its still cool to see. I'm watching them all on this youtube channel for those who dont have Nicktoons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MjC__m5SLM&feature=plcp

yoyorey2025

[400]Nov 4, 2013
    • level: 8

really late reply but if anything this proves similarities

hair