We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Zuko: Firebending Master?

isabelwhatx

[41]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 14
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Honestly, I don't believe Zuko is that powerful. In fact, I think that he's quite weak compared to his family. Zuko might've mastered firebending, but that does not make him exceptionally strong. Zuko's real skill lies in his mastery of the twin swords.
    True... He is the least strongest Firebender in the whole Fire Nation Royal Family, but I think now that he has learned the true way of Firebending (The Dragons), we can offically deem him a master... Not a POWERFUL master, but an ordinary master...

I definitely do think he's a master, but a master doesn't necessarily mean powerful. You're correct in the fact that he's an "ordinary" master. Being a master doesn't imply that you're exceptionally powerful, it just means you've learned all the techniques of firebending. Zuko may have had a boost from the original form of firebending, but that doesn't make HIM any more powerful, it just means he gets a head start Stupid Zuko
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ThisCrazyGuy

[42]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Honestly, I don't believe Zuko is that powerful. In fact, I think that he's quite weak compared to his family. Zuko might've mastered firebending, but that does not make him exceptionally strong. Zuko's real skill lies in his mastery of the twin swords.
    True... He is the least strongest Firebender in the whole Fire Nation Royal Family, but I think now that he has learned the true way of Firebending (The Dragons), we can offically deem him a master... Not a POWERFUL master, but an ordinary master...

I definitely do think he's a master, but a master doesn't necessarily mean powerful. You're correct in the fact that he's an "ordinary" master. Being a master doesn't imply that you're exceptionally powerful, it just means you've learned all the techniques of firebending. Zuko may have had a boost from the original form of firebending, but that doesn't make HIM any more powerful, it just means he gets a head start Stupid Zuko
    LOL, what really made me think he was stupid, was in The Last Agni Kai, when he practically asked Azula to throw Lightning at him... It's AZULA... Of course she wan't going to do exactly what he says (at least without playing dirty)... He should know her more than anyone, he's her brother... That really ticked me off

isabelwhatx

[43]Sep 15, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

LOL, what really made me think he was stupid, was in The Last Agni Kai, when he practically asked Azula to throw Lightning at him... It's AZULA... Of course she wan't going to do exactly what he says (at least without playing dirty)... He should know her more than anyone, he's her brother... That really ticked me off

ROFLMAO! He was an IDIOT in the Agni Kai. No wonder he lost.

ThisCrazyGuy

[44]Sep 15, 2008
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    isabelwhatx wrote:

ROFLMAO! He was an IDIOT in the Agni Kai. No wonder he lost.
    LMAO... Stupid boy...

isabelwhatx

[45]Sep 15, 2008
    I mean, honestly, what did he expect? He let his victory get to his head. He deserved to get shot with lightening. As you said, "Stupid boy." Sometimes I can be surprised how much of an amateur he is. He's too easily ruled by his emotions.

ThisCrazyGuy

[46]Sep 15, 2008
    That is why (in my opinion) he will never be in the "top three" for best Firebenders... He is so stuck in his own world, so much that his Firebending will never even reach Azula's (sane) level, he will definitely not meet Iroh or OZAI's levels (Ever... Unless the writers decide to be REALLY stupid and un-realistic). He MIGHT reach Jeong Jeong's level in about 10-15 years, but that's all the credit I'm giving him...

Axrendale

[47]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 10

isabelwhatx wrote:
    I mean, honestly, what did he expect? He let his victory get to his head. He deserved to get shot with lightening. As you said, "Stupid boy." Sometimes I can be surprised how much of an amateur he is. He's too easily ruled by his emotions.

You hit the nail on the head. Zuko's greatest weakness is how much he lets his heart rule his head. He really has no concepot of things like strategy in a fight. He's too impulsive.

I will give credit to Zuko - he has a lot of potential for power. He fought well in the final Agni Kai (I will grant him that), and some day he may well end up matching Iroh power-wise. But in my opinion, he will always keep being beaten if he's doesn't learn how to stop acting so impulsively. He's not stupid - he definitely has his moments (Blue Spirit, TFM, etc). But he's always very straight forward in his fighting style.

I might post some more about this later. Right now I am way too excited for the MMO

ThisCrazyGuy

[48]Sep 15, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

You hit the nail on the head. Zuko's greatest weakness is how much he lets his heart rule his head. He really has no concepot of things like strategy in a fight. He's too impulsive.

I will give credit to Zuko - he has a lot of potential for power. He fought well in the final Agni Kai (I will grant him that), and some day he may well end up matching Iroh power-wise. But in my opinion, he will always keep being beaten if he's doesn't learn how to stop acting so impulsively. He's not stupid - he definitely has his moments (Blue Spirit, TFM, etc). But he's always very straight forward in his fighting style.

I might post some more about this later. Right now I am way too excited for the MMO

It is very possible, that in about 15-10 years, he will have reached or surpassed Iroh's level (That's a stretch for me, but I suppose it COULD happen), but I can never see him being better than Ozai was...

ThisCrazyGuy

[49]Sep 15, 2008

Well, I have to go now, but I'll be on in 7 hours

Axrendale

[50]Sep 15, 2008
    ThisCrazyGuy wrote:
    Axrendale wrote:

isabelwhatx wrote:

It is very possible, that in about 15-10 years, he will have reached or surpassed Iroh's level (That's a stretch for me, but I suppose it COULD happen), but I can never see him being better than Ozai was...

Ozai was... well, Ozai. He was the ultimate master - he didn't know any special moves, but his control over every move he did know was flawless. He lived up to his former title by being the ultimate lord of fire.

Iroh was, IMO a very strong fighter. I actually see him as being an uber-powerful version of Zuko as far as style goes - they fight in a similar manner, and both seem to get caught out by the same tricks. Azula wasn't so much powerful as a master manipulator - she always knew the perfect place to strike.

isabelwhatx

[51]Sep 15, 2008
    I don't believe that Zuko could ever surpass Iroh. Ever. Zuko, IMO, doesn't have a lot of base power. Although he can train day and night (which he did in S1) he'll never match the naturally gifted, such as Azula or Iroh or Ozai. Zuko's strong point is his swordsmanship. I don't think it'll ever be his firebending.

Axrendale

[52]Sep 15, 2008

isabelwhatx wrote:
    I don't believe that Zuko could ever surpass Iroh. Ever. Zuko, IMO, doesn't have a lot of base power. Although he can train day and night (which he did in S1) he'll never match the naturally gifted, such as Azula or Iroh or Ozai. Zuko's strong point is his swordsmanship. I don't think it'll ever be his firebending.

As much as it leaves a vile taste in the mouth to do so, I think we have to admit that Zuko does have a lot of power potential. Power alone, however, is meaningless without direction. Which Zuko, incidently, lacks.

An interesting question that I suppose belongs on this thread is whether Zuko will ever be capable of creating lightning. I really don't think he ever will be. Spiritual peace is not enough - if it was, anybody could learn the technique. Iroh said in 209 that only "a select few firebenders" have the ability to do it, leading me to think that just as not every person is a bender, not every firebender can make lightning.

Also of note is 306, in which Iroh informs Zuko that:

"Good and evil will always be at war inside of you Zuko. It is your nature. Your legacy".

We learn here that Zuko is always going to be a fairly conflicted kind of guy, suggesting to me that lightning bending is out for him.

isabelwhatx

[54]Sep 15, 2008
    Sorry, Axrendale, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. We have NEVER seen Zuko exceptionally powerful, except in Sozin's Comet, which doesn't count. Zuko's anger made him powerful, and even now that he has a new "drive", he still isn't as powerful as I'd hoped. Zuko has never shown any unique skills other than the fact that he's a master with swords. He's made himself the best he can be. I think his journey to be a better bender and fighter will stop very, very soon.

gilvatar

[55]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 17
    He;s not a master but he now understands the meaning behind firebending and he's pretty good.

Axrendale

[56]Sep 15, 2008

*sees that Gilvatar has found what has bascially turned into a Zuko-hater thread*

Uh oh.

*flees*

isabelwhatx

[57]Sep 15, 2008
    gilvatar wrote:
    He;s not a master but he now understands the meaning behind firebending and he's pretty good.

I think we can safely say he's a master. He's mastered every part of firebending (except lightening). Zuko may not be the best firebender, but he's had his fair share of training.

Axrendale

[58]Sep 15, 2008
    Zhao was a master. I'd say Zuko has become a master too.

gilvatar

[59]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 17
    Axrendale wrote:

*sees that Gilvatar has found what has bascially turned into a Zuko-hater thread*

Uh oh.

*flees*

It has? i didn't read it. I just poked in my 2 cents and left. Aw well.

btw, Seriously, brace urself for cahp 40 (my fics long). But don't worry, she'll bbl.

4nationfury

[60]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 16
    Look, Azula and Iroh are awesome, but your not giving Zuko any credit here. What about the fact that he managed to equal his sister in firebending in less then a year? I mean, he might not of learned lightning bending yet, but he's learned to direct it. Another thing, when he fought her in the Agni-Kai, Azula was panting, Zuko was fine. And why is Zuko considered stupid for challenging her to use lightning? Think about it. Katara is the one who shouldn't of been in the duel arena, but no one is blaming her. If Azula had fired at him, he would of killed her. She did play dirty because she couldn't win.