We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Zuko: Firebending Master?

Jackpot16

[21]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 4
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libraman_92

[22]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 10
    Jackpot16 wrote:
    Hi everyone my name is Jackpot16 and I am a MAN!!

sorry, just figured that u shouldn't waste a post.

jakeman3025

[23]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 7
    of coarse hes a firebending master he can take azula and plus way back in the day he beat zhao who iroh said was a firebending master i witch case zuko could defeat in three seconds now. zuko is probley second to iroh in being the world most powerful firebender now since ozais now powerless.

Jackson5050

[24]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 12
    I still think Azula is better than Zuko, but only if her mind heals.

jakeman3025

[25]Aug 3, 2008
    zuko is defense azula is offense. even in the southern riders they battled with equal force and power.

_Iroh_

[26]Aug 3, 2008
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    lol why does it matter?
    because people are grasping at straws, trying to find some reason to still be on an Avatar Forum after the Finale...

Axrendale

[27]Aug 3, 2008

_Iroh_ wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    lol why does it matter?
    because people are grasping at straws, trying to find some reason to still be on an Avatar Forum after the Finale...

There is reason. There is more reason than you could poke a stick at. We are here to relive the glory days. We are here because we refuse to let Avatar die. We are here because we know that Avatar has just gone into hibernation - and sooner or later it will emerge.

Axrendale

[28]Aug 3, 2008

jakeman3025 wrote:
    zuko is defense azula is offense. even in the southern riders they battled with equal force and power.

Yes, but Azula is more sneaky. Even when she was insane she was able to figure out how to outmaneuver Zuko during their Agni Kai.

jakeman3025

[29]Aug 4, 2008
    azula new she couldn't beat zuko so she manipulated the situation to her advantage.

Axrendale

[30]Aug 4, 2008

jakeman3025 wrote:
    azula new she couldn't beat zuko so she manipulated the situation to her advantage.

Yep, and that's how she won. She made Zuko choose between sacrificing Katara in order to win (Azula would have been disqualified only if Katara was hurt) and sacrificing himself to protect her. She knew which choice he'd make, and she was right, and the end was result was that Zuko got hit by the lightning bolt and put out of the fight. A win is a win, good sportsmanship or no. Then of course, after defeating Zuko, who was the far greater challenge, Azula got caught out by the old "lure your enemy over a drain of water and freeze em" waterbending trick. Irony, it gets you every time.

libraman_92

[31]Aug 4, 2008
    To prove the point, Zuko is indeed a prodigy Firebender, but it could be debated whether or not he is a master. We don't know if he can manipulate lightning, but the fact that he was evenly-matched with Azula, well, it proves nothing, considering she was already in a breakdown. But Zuko is kind at heart. He's not

Axrendale

[32]Aug 4, 2008

libraman_92 wrote:
    To prove the point, Zuko is indeed a prodigy Firebender, but it could be debated whether or not he is a master. We don't know if he can manipulate lightning, but the fact that he was evenly-matched with Azula, well, it proves nothing, considering she was already in a breakdown. But Zuko is kind at heart. He's not

I think you're confusing "prodigy" with "master". A prodigy is someone like Azula who displays a natural talent at a young age. It has been stressed several times that Zuko is not a prodigy; he has to work hard, stuggling and fighting, in ordr to progress himself. He is a master, at least as far as technique goes, but he seriously needs to work on his strategy.

libraman_92

[33]Aug 4, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

libraman_92 wrote:

I think you're confusing "prodigy" with "master". A prodigy is someone like Azula who displays a natural talent at a young age. It has been stressed several times that Zuko is not a prodigy; he has to work hard, stuggling and fighting, in ordr to progress himself. He is a master, at least as far as technique goes, but he seriously needs to work on his strategy.

a prodigy is less than a master. i learned that playing the avatar: the last airbender videogame. but that game sucked. i shouldn't have taken the words to heart...

IrohtheTea

[34]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 6

yes

prodigy IS less than a master.

a prodigy is just born with talent.

but master

you have to PRACTICE

practice makes perfect

isabelwhatx

[35]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 14
    jakeman3025 wrote:
    of coarse hes a firebending master he can take azula.

Not true. Azula would've beaten him if Katara didn't heal Zuko. Azula brought him down. She won. But then Katara pwned her.

isabelwhatx

[36]Aug 4, 2008
    Axrendale wrote:

jakeman3025 wrote:

Yes, but Azula is more sneaky. Even when she was insane she was able to figure out how to outmaneuver Zuko during their Agni Kai.

But barely. She really just used brute power and speed to get out of the way. There were no trade mark Azula moves there. She's lucky that she's so powerful.

Axrendale

[37]Aug 5, 2008

There seems to be a lot of confusion as to what a prodigy is. A prodigy is not a rank of any type like master is (no matter what the video games say - they got it wrong).

A prodigy is simply someone who was born with a lot of raw talent. Another word for a prodigy is a "natural" at something.

ThisCrazyGuy

[38]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    At this point, I'd say we can officially call Zuko a master... He can re-direct Lightning (Which is something that appears to be a rare ability), and he knows the TRUE way of Firebending... But, to who ever said Zuko is more powerful than Azula (I know this was 2 months ago, but it's still a good debate), I honestly have to dis-agree with them... Azula still proved to the be the smarter opponent, while she was insane... Azula will just always be his superior... If Azula was to learn the true way of Firebending aswell (The Dragons), it can be argued that she would be able to compete with Iroh...

isabelwhatx

[39]Sep 15, 2008
    Honestly, I don't believe Zuko is that powerful. In fact, I think that he's quite weak compared to his family. Zuko might've mastered firebending, but that does not make him exceptionally strong. Zuko's real skill lies in his mastery of the twin swords.

ThisCrazyGuy

[40]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 8
    isabelwhatx wrote:
    Honestly, I don't believe Zuko is that powerful. In fact, I think that he's quite weak compared to his family. Zuko might've mastered firebending, but that does not make him exceptionally strong. Zuko's real skill lies in his mastery of the twin swords.
    True... He is the least strongest Firebender in the whole Fire Nation Royal Family, but I think now that he has learned the true way of Firebending (The Dragons), we can offically deem him a master... Not a POWERFUL master, but an ordinary master...