We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The New Official Kataang/Zutara Battlefield

Best Ship

waterbender6025

[1]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 12

i figured we needed a new one seeing as how the other mysteriously vanished and the zutara/kataang arguements should be a seperate topic from official character relationship discussion thread. let the arguing begin.

this is about where it was left off:

wiseone_777 wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:
    I was such a hypocrite when it came to my ship (Zutara) because I though the Kataangers will like me if I said "Oh I like Zutara, but I know Kataang is going to happen because of all the moments they've had together". I cant believe I would let myself do that even though deep down I knew that Zutara will happen. Why? ONE MAIN reasons is because Katara's feelings towards Aang is completely motherly and as a close friend, NOTHING MORE! THE CREATORS ALWAYS PORTRAY THAT IN THE SHOW! If any one cant see that TRUTH then you are truly lost in your Katataangness (or whatever it is) just like AANG. I don't give a sh*t what any one thinks. I am not going to abandon my beliefs and thoughts just so others will like me. And all you Zutarians should do the same. Stand up for yourself, don't worry about what "they" think. Its your believes, so stick by them and you wont be disappointed. I know now more than ever that Zutara will happen and if others cant see it then we can't help them.

BTW I am not trying to convert anyone. Just spilling out what I have been holding in.

And Katara hates Zuko.

No matter which ship you support Katara's feelings for one of them will have to change in some form. It seems far more likely that Katara's "motherly" relationship with Aang can change to one of mutual romance, than Katara forgiving Zuko, then befriending him, and THEN falling in love with him.

You can't say your ship will happen, you have no realistic proof.

I do have realistic proof. I KNOW Katara's feelings for Aang is motherly and as a close friend(CoD and DoBS proves it. If you don't know what I am talking about then I don't know what else to say). The creator's said that Katara will be with either Aang or Zuko. Since I am CERTAIN that Kataang is not going to happen. Then Zutara MUST happen. If A has to = B or C and we find out that A =/= B then A must = C.

I have nothing more to say!
    2 words to say: Kataang KISSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????

Edited on 05/24/2008 11:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AllKnowingBeing

[2]Mar 19, 2008

Zukaang will happen!

But seriously I'm neutral on the whole Kataang vs Zutara thing.

Edited on 03/19/2008 7:29pm

SilverDragonfan

[3]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 11
    Zutar already lost the war so this is completely pointless!!!!!!!!!!!

tvcrazy12

[4]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 16
    waterbender6025 wrote:

i figured we needed a new one seeing as how the other mysteriously vanished and the zutara/kataang arguements should be a seperate topic from official character relationship discussion thread. let the arguing begin.

wiseone_777 wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:
    I was such a hypocrite when it came to my ship (Zutara) because I though the Kataangers will like me if I said "Oh I like Zutara, but I know Kataang is going to happen because of all the moments they've had together". I cant believe I would let myself do that even though deep down I knew that Zutara will happen. Why? ONE MAIN reasons is because Katara's feelings towards Aang is completely motherly and as a close friend, NOTHING MORE! THE CREATORS ALWAYS PORTRAY THAT IN THE SHOW! If any one cant see that TRUTH then you are truly lost in your Katataangness (or whatever it is) just like AANG. I don't give a sh*t what any one thinks. I am not going to abandon my beliefs and thoughts just so others will like me. And all you Zutarians should do the same. Stand up for yourself, don't worry about what "they" think. Its your believes, so stick by them and you wont be disappointed. I know now more than ever that Zutara will happen and if others cant see it then we can't help them.

BTW I am not trying to convert anyone. Just spilling out what I have been holding in.

And Katara hates Zuko.

No matter which ship you support Katara's feelings for one of them will have to change in some form. It seems far more likely that Katara's "motherly" relationship with Aang can change to one of mutual romance, than Katara forgiving Zuko, then befriending him, and THEN falling in love with him.

I do have realistic proof. I KNOW Katara's feelings for Aang is motherly and as a close friend(CoD and DoBS proves it. If you don't know what I am talking about then I don't know what else to say). The creator's said that Katara will be with either Aang or Zuko. Since I am CERTAIN that Kataang is not going to happen. Then Zutara MUST happen. If A has to = B or C and we find out that A =/= B then A must = C.

kataang is like the classic romance. zutara is the opposites attact sort of thing. idc about either of them too much, because we all know kataang's gonna happen. fun to argue about though...

SilverDragonfan

[5]Mar 19, 2008
    Zutara lost! its over! lol lol lol lol

Kataang will happen in our minds but not on tv!

tvs_num1_fan

[6]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    waterbender6025 wrote:

wiseone_777 wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    pure5gold wrote:

And Katara hates Zuko.

kataang is like the classic romance. zutara is the opposites attact sort of thing. idc about either of them too much, because we all know kataang's gonna happen. fun to argue about though...

thank you! i so agree. i would like zutara to win but it all reality it ain't. and i do like to argue about it. i'm a debating kind of person. it's in my blood.

[7]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 15
    im bored

tvs_num1_fan

[8]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    hi bored. I'm tired

bendthisfire

[9]Mar 20, 2008
    SilverDragonfan wrote:

why wont it happen on tv?

AnimeAngel90

[10]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 8
    bendthisfire wrote:
    SilverDragonfan wrote:

Because that person is so exicted and feels the need to pay out zutara/zutarians so much that they mix up crucial words. Believe what you will, but Zutara will happen

ChaosCannon12

[11]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 3

AnimeAngel90 wrote:
    bendthisfire wrote:
    SilverDragonfan wrote:
    Zutara lost! its over! lol lol lol lol Kataang will happen in our minds but not on tv!
    Because that person is so exicted and feels the need to pay out zutara/zutarians so much that they mix up crucial words. Believe what you will, but Zutara will happen

I am sorry, but the proof so far points the result in the opposite direction. Neither Zuko nor Katara have shown any romantic feeling towards the other, while Katara and Aang both have shown that for each. With 8 episodes left, I doubt they are going to throw all that, which has developed from Book 1, out of the window. It'll be bad writing.

That said, feel free to enjoy the fanon aspects of Zutara, I'm not stopping anyone .

daveshanFromGMU

[12]Mar 20, 2008

Hey, everyone, I'm back and I'm curious to hear what the answer to my two questions were.

For recap:

1. Katara doesn't hold back her feelings, why hold back her feelings of love towards Aang, if they exist?

2. How will Aang master the avatar state without giving up Katara and without the writers copping-out and turning Aang's #1 internal dilema and reason that the Gaang escapes by the skin of their teeth instead of pwning everything in 3 seconds into a misunderstanding about when to give her up?

Oh, and a new question: The fortuneteller episode. Sokka's comment at the end about Aang being powerful. He said "Man, sometimes I forget WHAT A powerful bender that kid is." After Katara asked him to repeat himself, he said. "Nothing. Just that, Aang is ONE powerful bender."

A lot of us have been arguing that this contradicts the "No love in your future" prediction that Wu made for Aang and I think I figured out the riddle (I may not be the first, but I figured it out anyway). Aunt Wu told Katara that her future husband would be a "VERY powerful bender." "Very powerful" is actually a phrase that has been used only once in the entire series and that was it. I think the problem is that we were all arguing about "powerful bender" when, in fact, the point was that we need to look for "very powerful bender."

Before you accuse that last statement of being straw clutching, answer the other two questions first. Also, think about how exactly worded Aunt Wu's predictions are. It makes sense that her future husband needs to be referred to as a "very powerful bender".

Edited on 03/20/2008 2:04pm

Spike815

[13]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 14
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

Hey, everyone, I'm back and I'm curious to hear what the answer to my two questions were.

For recap:

1. Katara doesn't hold back her feelings, why hold back her feelings of love towards Aang, if they exist?

2. How will Aang master the avatar state without giving up Katara and without the writers copping-out and turning Aang's #1 internal dilema and reason that the Gaang escapes by the skin of their teeth instead of pwning everything in 3 seconds into a misunderstanding about when to give her up?

Oh, and a new question: The fortuneteller episode. Sokka's comment at the end about Aang being powerful. He said "Man, sometimes I forget WHAT A powerful bender that kid is." After Katara asked him to repeat himself, he said. "Nothing. Just that, Aang is ONE powerful bender."

A lot of us have been arguing that this contradicts the "No love in your future" prediction that Wu made for Aang and I think I figured out the riddle (I may not be the first, but I figured it out anyway). Aunt Wu told Katara that her future husband would be a "VERY powerful bender." "Very powerful" is actually a phrase that has been used only once in the entire series and that was it. I think the problem is that we were all arguing about "powerful bender" when, in fact, the point was that we need to look for "very powerful bender."

Before you accuse that last statement of being straw clutching, answer the other two questions first. Also, think about how exactly worded Aunt Wu's predictions are. It makes sense that her future husband needs to be referred to as a "very powerful bender".

1. She has shown clear contempt for Zuko, as opposed to friendship at Aang. I think Aang's position is a little better for starting a romantic relationship.

2. The same way Roku and Kurek were able to master the Avatar State and still love someone. It's been shown that Avatar's can have wives, children, and love someone.

3. Your splitting hairs. Yes Aang isn't the only powerful bender. Yes, Aunt Wu says she didn't see any love in his life, due to the giant explosion of epic future. However, why emphasise Katara admitting Aang is a powerful bender if they won't end up together? It was clear Kataang foreshadowing.

ChaosCannon12

[14]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 3
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

For recap:

1. Everybody are able to hold back their feelings, even if it ain't common. It's hard to talk about things like that.

2. Roku married and still loved Ta Min, yet he mastered the Avatar State, why? Because he is only supposed to give up on her IN THE MOMENT, not permanently.

And about the Fortuneteller episode, I admit I quit watching it somewhere in the middle(It was a little boring, heh '>_>), but I did get past the part with Aunt Wu telling both Katara and Aang their futures. There'll always be some holes to be filled when telling the future, as we don't know how far Aunt Wu can actually see into it... Ugh, I am not gonna watch the episode just to help get my point across, waste of time

EDIT: I forgot the thing about her predicting Katara would marry a very powerful bender, which make my Fortuneteller episode point redundant >.

Edited on 03/20/2008 2:22pm

daveshanFromGMU

[15]Mar 20, 2008

Spike815 wrote:
    1. She has shown clear contempt for Zuko, as opposed to friendship at Aang. I think Aang's position is a little better for starting a romantic relationship.

That doesn't answer the question. She has had more than enough time to tell Aang that she's in love with him. Why wait if she is in love?

Spike815 wrote:
    2. The same way Roku and Kurek were able to master the Avatar State and still love someone. It's been shown that Avatar's can have wives, children, and love someone.
    You're making the mistake others have made in response to this. The Seventh gate is about letting go of what attaches you the most to this world. It is incidental that, for Aang, that thing is the girl he loves.

Spike815 wrote:
    3. Your splitting hairs. Yes Aang isn't the only powerful bender. Yes, Aunt Wu says she didn't see any love in his life, due to the giant explosion of epic future. However, why emphasise Katara admitting Aang is a powerful bender if they won't end up together? It was clear Kataang foreshadowing.
    Probably to throw us off track. If it were that simple, why include the line about no love if they were going to say "Just kidding" at the end of the episode? I think it was there to throw us off.

Also, assuming that Aunt Wu only missed the love part of Aang's future and was in too much of a shock to think to have him throw another bone on the fire and she'd look for it that time, why not say that at the end of the episode? They'd been there for at least a day or two. She seemed pretty calm by the end and Aang reminding her about it would have triggered her to remember to have him try it again. She didn't see anything about love because she looked and it wasn't there.

laltmeyer2010

[16]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

Spike815 wrote:

That doesn't answer the question. She has had more than enough time to tell Aang that she's in love with him. Why wait if she is in love?

Spike815 wrote:
    You're making the mistake others have made in response to this. The Seventh gate is about letting go of what attaches you the most to this world. It is incidental that, for Aang, that thing is the girl he loves.

Spike815 wrote:
    Probably to throw us off track. If it were that simple, why include the line about no love if they were going to say "Just kidding" at the end of the episode? I think it was there to throw us off.

Also, assuming that Aunt Wu only missed the love part of Aang's future and was in too much of a shock to think to have him throw another bone on the fire and she'd look for it that time, why not say that at the end of the episode? They'd been there for at least a day or two. She seemed pretty calm by the end and Aang reminding her about it would have triggered her to remember to have him try it again. She didn't see anything about love because she looked and it wasn't there.

1.This may be one thing Kataras holding back with. She might not want to express any feeling toward Aang because she knows what his destiny is, and that he very well might die in the end. She was probably try to save herself from the emotion pain by holding back her feelings

2. Even if Aang does have to let go of Katara to reach the Avatar state, how do we know he's going to use it in the finale. He hates it himself and knows how much katara hates it, so why would be bother trying to master it if he can beat the firelord without it.

3. Aunt wu may very well have not seen love in the future for Aang. But i agree his future could have been so clouded by his destiny to defeat the firelord to see it. Plus, the future isn't set it stone, it could change

waterbender6025

[17]Mar 20, 2008
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

For recap:

1. katara obviously has feelings for aang, other wise in the BoBS kiss she would have pulled away instead of leaning in and the the cave of two lovers kiss katara did suggest it, id say the writers are masking it for now because the main plot line is more important.

2. the writers wouldnt just want to aang to just master the avatar state because then there would be no good fight scenes and viewers would lose interest. he would have tomaster it towards the end of the series. also i believe that there wouldnt just be one and only way to master the avatar state because nearly everything can done by taking different paths but still reaching the intended goal.

3. that really is just splitting hairs, aang is a very powerful bender (and who's more powerful than the avatar?), and you notice how katara picks up a little when sokka states " Man, sometimes I forget what a powerful bender that kid is", his shows that she realises it, besides if you are arguing for zutara zuko is far from a 'very powerful bender'. also i think the reason aunt wu didnt see anything past a great battle for good and evil etc (she was probably talking about the battle of ba sing se) because aang techinically died before katara brought him back to life using the oasis water.

MasterBender

[18]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 9
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

For recap:

1. I don't know. It's not a resolved romance, they're in the middle of it. But it's not really a problem. Now Katara's anger at Zuko, that is a problem...

2. In response to your argument "It's not about love, it's about what attaches you to the world". If it was that way, then I would expect Appa to be Aang's attachment. Aang had been focusing on Appa a lot more than Katara at the time. And he's known Appa a lot longer than Katara.

3. Oh, "very powerful", not just "powerful". Big deal. You know, being the Avatar, you could say that he's the most powerful bender in the world. Or maybe Fire Lord Ozai is a candidate since he's the big bad of the series. And Aunt Wu didn't say there is no love in Aang's future, she just didn't see anything.

Edited on 03/20/2008 5:39pm

daveshanFromGMU

[19]Mar 20, 2008

@laltmeyer

1. They have had so many "You/I almost died" moments. I think that, if she had any feelings for him, she would have forced herself to say it out of fear of one of them dying without her telling him.

2. If the writers have Aang beat Ozi without the avatar state, then the entire purpose of it was meaningless. The fight that's been hyped up is Comet Ozi vs Avatar State Aang. He CANNOT beat Comet Ozi without the avatar state so he'd have to beat him before the comet arrived. That nullifies the most anticipated fight.

3. She's never wrong with her predictions. That was the point of the whole episode.

---------------------------------

@waterbender

1. DoBS: No smile after the kiss. That would have been the first time in the AtLA universe that two people who were in love didn't smile afterwards. They wouldn't break the formula.

Cave: Let's kiss or we're stuck in here forever isn't love.

2. Then why not have Aang learn about the Guru and the way to control the AS after he mastered fire bending? That way, they could make it so that he didn't have to give up Katara.

3. I said that no one has been referred to as "very powerful bender". The point of me stating that was that it solves the riddle.

Katara's fortune: husband=VERY powerful bender

Aang's fortune: No love

Sokka's statement: Aang= one/what a powerful bender.

What all of us looked at was: [Husband = powerful bender = Aang] But [Aang = No love in future] which meant [Aang =/= Katara's husband = powerful bender = Aang]. That doesn't make sense.

However, if one looks at it like this, it makes sense: [Aang = powerful bender] and [Aang = No love in future] [Husband = Very powerful bender =/= Aang]

The battle at Ba Sing Se was for the Earth Kingdom. Aunt Wu specifically said that it would deside the fate of the entire world. Also, Zuko one upped Aang the last time they fought at CoD. So, if Aang is a powerful bender, that makes Zuko at least a powerful bender as well. Remember, I know Zuko has also yet to be called a very powerful bender, I'm just saying that this solves the inconsistency of the fortuneteller episode.

--------------------------------------------------------------

@MasteBender

1. I've never argued that Katara doesn't hate Zuko for now. However, "In the middle of it"? They've been travelling together for like a year now. Face it, the kid is stuck in the friend zone.

2. I would agree with you, if it wasn't for what was said in the show. I mean, did you miss it or something? The Guru asked Aang what attaches him the most to this world and he thought of Katara. That's pretty cut and dry. Plus, when he tried going into the AS at Ba Sing Se, he let her go and went super-saiyan. Katara is what he has to let go. There is no argument there.

3. Ok, first of all, if it was the most powerful, why not say that? Second, it's not splitting hairs or clutching straws. Her predictions are worded so exactly that anything added or subtracted by opinions or assumptions makes it wrong. Third, as I said before, assuming that Aunt Wu only missed the love part of Aang's future and was in too much of a shock to think to have him throw another bone on the fire and she'd look for it that time, why not say that at the end of the episode? They'd been there for at least a day or two. She seemed pretty calm by the end and Aang reminding her about it would have triggered her to remember to have him try it again. She didn't see anything about love because she looked and it wasn't there.

Spike815

[20]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 14
    Look, this whole Aunt Wu thing is pointless. She reads the future by reading cracks in a bone. His, quite literally, exploded into a million pieces. I don't think your going to get an accurate reading off that.

Second, she said she didn't see any love in Aang's future, not that she there wouldn't be any. She also later admitted that the future is not set in stone.

And Aang is a powerful bender, so is half of the cast, you can't prove or disprove anything through that statement. I can, however, point out that it was applied to Aang in that same episode, and Katara seemed to realize that.