We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The New Official Kataang/Zutara Battlefield

Best Ship

kamzts

[141]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 7

No zutarian can deny the jealousy of this picture! This shows that Katara has at the minimum a crush on Aang.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MaiAndZuko4eva

[142]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    horacus wrote:
    only time will say.

Kemicle

[143]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    kamzts wrote:

I personaly dont think Aang will ever get his avatar state back it was cool and dramatic but Azula messed it up.

Beside it being just a power-up, does he really need it?

Spike815

[144]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 14
    kamzts wrote:

No zutarian can deny the jealousy of this picture! This shows that Katara has at the minimum a crush on Aang.

Zutarians would deny the sky is blue if they thought it would help their ship.

music4life17

[145]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 6
    Kemicle wrote:
    kamzts wrote:

I personaly dont think Aang will ever get his avatar state back it was cool and dramatic but Azula messed it up.

Beside it being just a power-up, does he really need it?

I like to think of the Avatar State as more of a back up plan when things go really awry. As I said in one of the other threads though: I don't believe we are through with the Avatar State. I don't believe they'd place so much detail in explaining the state only to cast it aside. At least - I hope they wouldn't. ^^;

music4life17

[146]Mar 24, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:

Once again another case of lumping all of us Zutarians into the same boat. Thanks. -.-

Spike815

[147]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 14
    music4life17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:

Once again another case of lumping all of us Zutarians into the same boat. Thanks. -.-

Meh, stereotyping save me time and post space.

music4life17

[148]Mar 24, 2008
    Spike815 wrote:
    music4life17 wrote:
    Spike815 wrote:
    kamzts wrote:

Meh, stereotyping save me time and post space.

Okay. Well - next time please write more. I'd rather know your true point of view than a stereotype! ^_^

Uchiha0000

[149]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 4

There's not enough hard evidence to merit any serious Zutara following. I've said it before and I will say it again. The Katara and Aang relationship is the -ONLY- romantic relationship in Avatar to actually be long and developed over the course of the show. The only other relationship comparable would be Zuko and Iroh, which, is obviously not romantic.

***SPOILER***

Psyche987

[150]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    Uchiha0000 wrote:
    There's not enough hard evidence to merit any serious Zutara following. I've said it before and I will say it again. The Katara and Aang relationship is the -ONLY- romantic relationship in Avatar to actually be long and developed over the course of the show. The only other relationship comparable would be Zuko and Iroh, which, is obviously not romantic.

***SPOILER***

***SPOILER***

Edited on 03/24/2008 3:53pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Uchiha0000

[151]Mar 24, 2008

Look at it this way.

Katara/Aang have had 3 seasons of built up, obvious progression in their relationship. Started from episode ONE.

Katara and Zuko had....a temporary cease fire in some shiny crystals.....and then they started shooting water/fire at each other.

There's what...5 episodes and then finale? Not enough airtime to wrap any kind of serious developed relationship around those two characters. Hence why the creators have taken the time to solidify Katara and Aang. From friendship, to allusions, to near-kisses, then to kisses, then to confession of the love. Seriously, I don't know why these threads even exist anymore.

Lisa31468

[152]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 17

***SPOILER***
    Edited on 03/24/2008 3:57pm

tomtitan

[153]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 19
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    She's right. Hot, passionate arguing usually leads to hot, passionate 'you-know-what.'
    could that 'you know what' have something to do with a certain provocative sig you once had by the name of 'hold me'?

you know what i mean...

Uchiha0000

[154]Mar 24, 2008

Lisa31468 wrote:

***SPOILER***

...bending?

Fire + Water = Hot and steamy...right?

Lol.

music4life17

[155]Mar 24, 2008
    Uchiha0000 wrote:

I'm going to play devil's advocate, 'kay? Yes, I agree that the "romantic" tension between Aang and Katara has been there since the beginning. However, not all the relationships in the show have been from the very beginning. Sokka and Suki's is going pretty strong. Their relationship was built in less than a handful of episodes. Just sayin' for the sake of the arguement.

Since I don't know how to do the hidden spoiler thing: SPOILERS POSSIBLY BELOW! YOU HAVE BEEN FOREWARNED!

As far as Katara's death threats to Zuko - I compare it with her past relationship with Jet. She was betrayed by Jet and when he returned towards the end of Season 2 - she was venomous towards him also. (similarity, ne?) However, he proved himself to be true and she didn't verbally forgive him, but it is assumed that she did judging by the look of remorse on her face when he passed away. My theory is that the same will happen regarding her and Zuko. And if she didn't have some ounce of faith in him, would she have really let him go with Aang to train ALONE? I'm not so sure.

Spacerac

[156]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 15
    Just two things.
    1. All the Sokka and Zuko ships are not the main ships of the show. That's why they came up faster.

2. SPOILER It's assumed generally that she let Aang go with Zuko since Zuko couldn't firebend anyway.

Lisa31468

[157]Mar 24, 2008

tomtitan wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    She's right. Hot, passionate arguing usually leads to hot, passionate 'you-know-what.'
    could that 'you know what' have something to do with a certain provocative sig you once had by the name of 'hold me'? you know what i mean...

Yeah I previously posted it in this thread and then I remembered I got modded for it, so I changed it to another Zutara pic. Ack. LOL

Spacerac

[158]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 15
    Lisa31468 wrote:

tomtitan wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    could that 'you know what' have something to do with a certain provocative sig you once had by the name of 'hold me'? you know what i mean...

Yeah I previously posted it in this thread and then I remembered I got modded for it, so I changed it to another Zutara pic. Ack. LOL

oh yeah, was it that one borderline sex-scene Zutara pic from Deviantart?

AllKnowingBeing

[159]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 12

Kataang just has to happen.

Looks like Aang is getting some touge action.

See I am an all knowing being so I'm always right and if I'm wrong then what else could I be wrong about? Let us pray that day never happens.

Lisa31468

[160]Mar 24, 2008
    Uchiha0000 wrote:

...bending?

Fire + Water = Hot and steamy...right?

Lol.

Yeah steam-bending, that's what I meant.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! LOL