We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The New Official Kataang/Zutara Battlefield

Best Ship

Psyche987

[101]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 8

DragnUp wrote:
    Zutara is the only sensible, canon ship. Therefore i support it. ZUtara FOR EVA

wow.....what a great reason. Anyway I enjoy so many people yelling Zutara since I'm a zutarian. However I don't think it'll happen. (nothing new; 'Zutara is the heart, Kataang is the mind' blabberjabber)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AllKnowingBeing

[102]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 12

Zutara

The only problem is that they hate each other.

AllKnowingBeing out y'all.

Edited on 03/23/2008 12:13pm

tvcrazy12

[103]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    Uchiha0000 wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    Uchiha0000 wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    Uchiha0000 wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    Uchiha0000 wrote:
    Lisa31468 wrote:
    Uchiha0000 wrote:

Lisa31468 wrote:
    Azula attempting to master social situations...scary.

No way. Azula being inept is hilarious since it's so rare.

One has to wonder who would be a good match for her?

Zhao would've. But seeing as how he's dead, Azula's got either Ty Lee, Lo and Li, or a mirror. All would suffice.

LOL All female options and dead sideburns? There's got to be a guy in the Fire Nation court who could handle her.

Only male in the fire nation proven to be able to handle her is Ozai.

New character, new character! (Community service, community service! Please land on community service! Circa: Avatar Day)

Face it. Nobody will be introduced that would be able to handle Azula in a relationship. I'm not even sure if she could become a mother without wanting to eat her own young.

Then her only logical path is to usurp her father, become Fire Nation Empress and be defeated by Aang to conclude this part of the journey.

That would make her far too powerful. She hasn't really been handed one in the whole series already, that would be overkill.

katara?

WiseLad

[104]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:
    So, Wiselad, are we supposed to just say that any piece of evidence on either side should just be brushed off as an attempt to prolong the shipping discussions?

any "evidence" that can't be confirmed 100%, or any "ambiguous evidence" that can be read either way should be considered hypothesis, not "FACTS"

That means pretty much everything involving Katara, Aang and Zuko

the ONLY FACT is that Kat would choose either Zuko or Aang (per statement of Mike and Bryan)

daveshanFromGMU

[105]Mar 23, 2008

WiseLad wrote:
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:
    So, Wiselad, are we supposed to just say that any piece of evidence on either side should just be brushed off as an attempt to prolong the shipping discussions?
    any "evidence" that can't be confirmed 100%, or any "ambiguous evidence" that can be read either way should be considered hypothesis, not "FACTS" That means pretty much everything involving Katara, Aang and Zuko the ONLY FACT is that Kat would choose either Zuko or Aang (per statement of Mike and Bryan)

Ok, how do you look at this then?

Aunt Wu's predicitions are always true as long as you look at what she said, word for word, and don't make any assumptions.

Aunt Wu told Katara that her husband would be a "very powerful bender".

At no other point in the entire series has anyone been referred to as a "very powerful bender", despite how easily it would work as a fill-in-the-blank adjective for half of the cast.

[/statement]

To me, this solves the riddle that was made in the episode concerning Katara and Aang being together, since Wu told Aang that she didn't see anything about love, but Sokka's statement made it appear as though Aang was the bender that Wu was talking about.

What do you think, Wiselad? I really am curious as to how a neutral party sees this

WiseLad

[106]Mar 23, 2008

very is a "situational word", it is not something that can be set on stone

and Zuko is not a VERY POWERFUL BENDER, there are many who are considered more powerful than him, like Azula, Iroh, Ozai. Maybe now he might become more powerful bender, but is not a given

let's talk about Aang and airbenders (I am not even going to use his "AVATAR state CARD"at all)

I wonder which airbender was able to get the arrow tattoos at or before he was 12? when normally they only get it when they are around 16 yrs in age? which person was forced to learn 3 different bending techniques in less than a year, and at age 12(when normally they start learning the other 3 techniques at 16, and they got many years to do it) and has done well so far?

EVEN IF AANG ENDS UP NOT HAVING KATARA, it is a diservice to him if you state he is NOT a VERY powerful Bender

Uchiha0000

[107]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    It's Kataang. I'm not saying I like it, but just give up other ships at this point.

daveshanFromGMU

[108]Mar 23, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:

very is a "situational word", it is not something that can be set on stone

and Zuko is not a VERY POWERFUL BENDER, there are many who are considered more powerful than him, like Azula, Iroh, Ozai. Maybe now he might become more powerful bender, but is not a given

let's talk about Aang and airbenders (I am not even going to use his "AVATAR state CARD"at all)

I wonder which airbender was able to get the arrow tattoos at or before he was 12? when normally they only get it when they are around 16 yrs in age? which person was forced to learn 3 different bending techniques in less than a year, and at age 12(when normally they start learning the other 3 techniques at 16, and they got many years to do it) and has done well so far?

EVEN IF AANG ENDS UP NOT HAVING KATARA, it is a diservice to him if you state he is NOT a VERY powerful Bender

I would certainly call him a very powerful bender, you seem to have no trouble calling him a very powerful bender, so why hasn't anyone in the show called him that? Why hasn't anyone in the show been called that except for mystery husband? Don't you find that suspicious at all? The fact that the woman who gives the future in literal wording used a term to describe Kat's husband that has yet to be repeated doesn't make you think that something is up?

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: I'm not saying that anyone has named Zuko that very powerful bender, I'm saying that it makes what Sokka said at the end of the episode meaningless as a sign of who she'll pick.

Edited on 03/23/2008 4:27pm

waterbender6025

[109]Mar 23, 2008
    ive got a better idea, all of you zutarans stop clutching at straws desperatly trying to find evidence that katara will completely fall in love with zuko just becasue now they are close together (and i mean that they are actually near each other, not what most of you zutarans were thinking) and us kataang will let you be free to your own opinion, then we will see whose laughing by the end of the series.

Uchiha0000

[110]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 4

Because arguing over ONE EPISODE "The Fortune Teller" is going to overwrite TWO AND A HALF SEASONS of Katara and Aang development, intimacy, and KISSING.

I'm not a fan of shipping at all, but I'm sorry, you people really have to give it up by now, my lord. Quit beating the dead horse and open your eyes to what the creators OBVIOUSLY put in front of your eyes.

Edited on 03/23/2008 4:39pm

WiseLad

[111]Mar 23, 2008
    if Regis Philbin says in the morning "tonight we will watch the story of a very intelligent man" and than a few hours later Barbara Walters says "in a few hours we will present the biography of Albert Einstein, an intelligent man", should we conclude that Regis can't be talking about Albert Einstein since Barbara didn't use the word "VERY"?

daveshanFromGMU

[112]Mar 23, 2008

waterbender6025 wrote:
    ive got a better idea, all of you zutarans stop clutching at straws desperatly trying to find evidence that katara will completely fall in love with zuko just becasue now they are close together (and i mean that they are actually near each other, not what most of you zutarans were thinking) and us kataang will let you be free to your own opinion, then we will see whose laughing by the end of the series.
    Don't even pretend like you have the high ground in this. You call us straw-clutchers, but you guys are flat-out ignoring the parts of the show that blatently say, Aang and Katara aren't going to be together.

Fortuneteller: No love.

Guru: You must let her go.

The show may only be giving Zuko and Katara a 1/1,000,000 shot, but it's given Aang and Katara a 0/1,000,000 shot.

SapphireStones

[113]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 15

This is stupid.

It could go either way you know. The creators have taught us to expect the unexpected, which would totally be Zutara, by many'sstandards.

HOWEVER Kataang is pretty blunt/obvious. Anyone who doesn't see it's more probable is a moron.

But does that mean Zutara has no chance whatsoever? NO. Know why? Because we don't write the freaking plot. Mike and Bryan do. For all we know they could just write up some crazy arse plotline in one or two episodes and turn the tables in the matter of two 30 minute episodes! We can't honestly sit here and proclaim what's gonna happen and what isn't. So quit shouting at each other like two year olds because someone sees an idea differently than you. It's really pointless.

...btw....go Zutara.

*ducks flying pan*

lol

Lisa31468

[114]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 17

Wow, some of you really feel very strongly about this.

I'm shipper-neutral personally.

Kataang or Zutara, it's still Avatar and still very superb storytelling.

waterbender6025

[115]Mar 23, 2008
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:
    Don't even pretend like you have the high ground in this. You call us straw-clutchers, but you guys are flat-out ignoring the parts of the show that blatently say, Aang and Katara aren't going to be together.

The show may only be giving Zuko and Katara a 1/1,000,000 shot, but it's given Aang and Katara a 0/1,000,000 shot.

your just looking at it the classic zutaran way, ignore the kisses, hugs and general affection and romance development over 2 and a half seasons to point out they dont have a shot because of one small miss-worded phrase, and just becasue she didnt see the love in the fortune does not mean it isnt there, as the fortune teller said just as you shaped the clouds you can shape your future/destiny. and who's to say that katara and aang wont get together AFTER the war, when the avatar state isnt needed? and what evidence is there of zutara, they have had pretty much one scene together where they didnt want to kill each other and then 5 minutes later zuko started trying to kill her again, oh yeah i can feel the love between them

tvcrazy12

[116]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:

Edited on 03/23/2008 8:17pm

Spike815

[117]Mar 23, 2008
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:

You go back two seasons, focus on half a sentence, and assume the entire show will be based off that?

Don't even pretend your looking at the whole picture. The kiss, the Cave of Two Lovers, the dance in the Headband, every single time Aang has thought about Katara cannot be written away by your half a sentence. Not to mention the fact that the two people your trying to pair up currently hate eachother, and already have people who love them. So, you tell me who's clutching at straws.

Lisa31468

[118]Mar 23, 2008

...THIS?

Lisa31468

[119]Mar 23, 2008

...OR THIS?

Spike815

[120]Mar 23, 2008
    Lisa31468 wrote:

...OR THIS?

I'd rather not have Katara give birth to the anti-Christ.

Edited on 03/23/2008 8:25pm