We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

The New Official Kataang/Zutara Battlefield

Best Ship

WiseLad

[121]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:
    ive got a better idea, all of you zutarans stop clutching at straws desperatly trying to find evidence that katara will completely fall in love with zuko just becasue now they are close together (and i mean that they are actually near each other, not what most of you zutarans were thinking) and us kataang will let you be free to your own opinion, then we will see whose laughing by the end of the series.
    Don't even pretend like you have the high ground in this. You call us straw-clutchers, but you guys are flat-out ignoring the parts of the show that blatently say, Aang and Katara aren't going to be together.

Fortuneteller: No love.**she said she DIDN"T SEE ANYTHING ABOUT LOVE, she didn't say THERE'S NO LOVE FOR YOU**

Guru: You must let her go.**Guru said "The Thought chakra is located at the crown of the head. It deals with pure cosmic energy and is blocked by earthly attachment. Meditate on what attaches you to this world." than later

Now, think of your attachments and let them go.

(An image of Katara appears, and drifts back toward the horizon to finally vanish with a twinkle of light. The sky ceases to spin.)

Guru Pathik: (voice-over) Let the pure cosmic energy flow.

(Looking up into the stars, we see an aurora of light. Aang is seen floating in space above the planet, and the aurora solidifies into a radiant bridge beneath his feet. Turning from the world below, Aang sees a massive entity standing above snaking path. It is a spectral figure of Aang himself, the tattoos and eyes shining with the light of the avatar state. Aang sets off carefully towards it, mouth open in awe. As he nears the feet of the hovering apparition, his own tattoos begin to shine with light. The towering, spectral Aang descends, a sphere of light shimmering between its fingers. The Avatar is enclosed within this shell, but suddenly he is distracted by a cry of distress.

notice that until Aang heard her cry of distress(she was still in his thoughts) he didn't go "I don't love Katara anymore" he simply took her out of his mind(or at least tried to)

than later on when Aang left the Guru, Pathik said (calling after him) No Aang! By choosing attachment, you have locked the chakra! (Aang draws to a stop) If you leave now you won't be able to go into the Avatar State at all!

wow he said HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GO AVATAR STATE IF HE LEFT yet......................

Aang: There's too many.

(Aang remembers what Guru Pathik told him at the Eastern Air Temple.)

Guru Pathik: (in Aang's memory) The only way, is to let her go.
    Aang: (sadly) I'm sorry Katara.

(Aang turns around and earthbends several crystals out of the ground to form a tent over him. Aang sits down and begins meditating. We enter inside of Aang's mind, where he once again comes face to face with the avatar spirit residing inside him, high above the world and surrounded by the starry heavens. The avatar spirit surrounds Aang in a swirling orb between its hands, and Aang's arrow glows. Shift back to the physical world. Aang's arrow begins to glow here as well, illuminating the crystals that surround him. Zuko and the Dai Li are frightened but also enchanted by this light. Finally, Aang opens his eyes, which glow with great intensity. An incredible explosion of spiritual power destroys the crystals. The Dai Li agents shield themselves from the blast. Aang rises from the ground in a bright pillar of cosmic light. Katara looks up at Aang, hope returning to her. Aang levitates in the air, until suddenly, a bolt of lightning strikes his body.

Aang was letting Katara(his earthly attachment) go so he could go avatar state, notice AGAIN that Aang DIDN"T GO "I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE KATARA", he simply concentrated 100% in getting the cosmic energies, not having anything of an "Earthly attachment" in his mind

The show may only be giving Zuko and Katara a 1/1,000,000 shot, but it's given Aang and Katara a 0/1,000,000 shot.

you are right now putting little things in the way you like, without giving any chance to other side

I don't care if whoever is Kataang or Zutara, I simply don't like the ones who think things are set on stone already

only FACTS

Kat will choose either Aang or Zuko(per Mike and Bryan)

Aang loves Kat

the closest Zuko and Kat have gotten is in COD, and even there, according to Kat itself, it was ALL about pity for him, there has not been any conclusive indicator that they even LIKE EACH OTHER, much less love

Aang kissed kat, and she responded back, BUT WITHOUT ANY CONCLUSIVE INDICATION of what Katara feels for Aang, right now we don't got any CONCLUSIVE evidence of what will be or is her decision

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvcrazy12

[122]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:
    ive got a better idea, all of you zutarans stop clutching at straws desperatly trying to find evidence that katara will completely fall in love with zuko just becasue now they are close together (and i mean that they are actually near each other, not what most of you zutarans were thinking) and us kataang will let you be free to your own opinion, then we will see whose laughing by the end of the series.
    Don't even pretend like you have the high ground in this. You call us straw-clutchers, but you guys are flat-out ignoring the parts of the show that blatently say, Aang and Katara aren't going to be together.

Fortuneteller: No love.

Guru: You must let her go.

The show may only be giving Zuko and Katara a 1/1,000,000 shot, but it's given Aang and Katara a 0/1,000,000 shot.

seriously replying...

give me one piece of supposedly "canon" zutara to match that!

Edited on 03/23/2008 8:27pm

Lisa31468

[123]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 17

Sorry I only have pro-Kataang 'canon-approved' art.

Lisa31468

[124]Mar 23, 2008

Of course there's lots of 'non-canon-approved' Zutara fanart:

Edited on 03/23/2008 8:44pm

WiseLad

[125]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 14
    ...THIS?

...OR THIS?
    well............

twins, Zutaraang all the way LOL Just Kidding

Lisa31468

[126]Mar 23, 2008

WiseLad LOL

I like that idea because Katara is the one who REALLY wins in that scenario! Woo hoo! You go girl!

tvcrazy12

[127]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 16
    WiseLad wrote:
    ...THIS?

...OR THIS?
    well............

twins, Zutaraang all the way LOL Just Kidding
    that reminded me of pregnant jamie spears. she still got nominated for a kca. where is nick's judgement? how about nominating an avatar voice actor?

Lisa31468

[128]Mar 23, 2008

Hmmm a voice actor category would be pretty cool actually.

Unfortunately I would suspect Tom Kenny would win every year for SpongeBob. Ack.

Then we would be right back where we started from. LOL

Uchiha0000

[129]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    Or a category for "Shows that are actualy cool and have depth". That would work.

waterbender6025

[130]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    bump

Shaolina23

[131]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 6
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:

Yeah... tell that to Roku. He's the avatar so he had to eventually "learn to let go." He was in love and, you know what? He got married to his dream girl and when he was needed he let her go. Let her go =/= don't get the girl. It just means that in a world vs save the girl scenario you must choose the world because that's your goddarn destiny.

tomtitan

[132]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 19
    aah shipping.
    although not a major part of the series it certainly makes the fanbase more enjoyable. if you're shipping neutral you're really missing out.
    when i first came to the interwebz to look for a place to watch 'the blind bandit' online (i missed it) i saw a youtube video called 'zutara-zuko and katara two lovers' and instantly thought 'god no!' i had never considered shipping until then besides what the creators have flung in our faces.
    then i came here and found that people actually supported this shipping pair. whoah. over time i grew to understand the zutarian argument and i now know it as well as any zutarian.
    the point about zutara is that the supporters spend so much time looking at minor details that may or may not disprove kataang/prove zutara, whilst neglecting the fact that they only have 8 episodes to turn pure hatred into love, whereas the show seems to have shown us time and time again that unless they've thrown it at you from the start it won't happen. (sokkue, george, maizu)

Spacerac

[133]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 15
    Lisa31468 wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:
    they have been developing the kataang relationship much more in season 3, in the first two seasons it was just showing the aang had feelings for katara and now they are puting them closer together in S3. i know there has been alot of controversy about the fortune teller episode but remember that mostly all shows start a semi-plot of the episode and finish it at the end of the episode but still have the main goals of the main character progressing. my examples 'nightmares and daydreams' at the start aang couldnt sleep, by the end he slept like a baby, 'imprisoned' earthbenders start of hiding and in prison by the end the gaang freed them. the pattern shows that the small plots finish by the end of the episode. and in 'the fortune teller' episode the topic of love is introduced at the start and at the end it finishes with katara realising that aang could be that her future love interest. so this whole aang has never been called a very powerful bender or the fortune teller didnt see love in his future (which doesnt show that it isnt there). kataang wins zutara never stood a chance.

Nice sum up and I would agree that Kataang is the more logical outcome. But I also think Mike and Bryan have a sense of humor and love to tease/torture us...so I forsee our seeing at least a taste of Zutara before Kataang claims final victory.

I think that too, either that or there will be a quick Zutara kiss then a reveal that Aang was having a nightmare.

Spacerac

[134]Mar 24, 2008
    Uchiha0000 wrote:
    WiseLad wrote:
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

@Spacerac

You mean you've never noticed this? You never noticed how they seemed to have said "No Katara and Aang" and then at the end, with Sokka's comment, they went "Lol. Just kidding"?

She told Katara that he would be a "very powerful bender" No one in the entire series, except her mystery future husband, has been called a "very powerful bender". Why not? It seems like such a fill-in-the-blank adjective for the show. The writers would have to go out of their way to not use it.

And don't go saying that this is straw-clutching. Aunt Wu's predictions are always right as long as you look at the exact wording and don't add or subtract things based on assumptions.

--------------------------

@Spike

I must have said this to you at some point.

She told Aang she didn't see anything about love in his future. If she only missed it, instead of looking and not seeing it, why not say that? If she was in too much of a shock, why not give him another reading at the end of the episode when she was clearly calmer and why not have it be one that doesn't explode, like a palm reading?

Also, if she told him what he wanted to hear once, why not tell him what he wants to hear again?

because if she did that than let's pretend first that the fate said kataang; Wu would say something along the lines of "the girl traveling with you and who is a great healer will be the mother of your children" now let's pretend Katara is not the one; than Wu would say something along the lines of "the girl you will marry you haven't met yet" (Toph, On Ji, whoever) or "you already met your future wife, you don't realize that you will fall in love with her yet" (in the case it is Meng)or even "there is no one for you, you will be alone till you die" and you know what IT MEANS IF WU DID THAT? THERE WOULD NOT BE A SHIPPING WAR about Kataang and Zutara!!!! EVERYTHING IS ABOUT PROLONGING THE KATAANG-ZUTARA SITUATION

I disagree. The Katara and Aang matchup was pretty deliberately placed there from the very first episode. It's the only -romantic- relationship between any two characters on the show that has had any real long term development. It's quite clear that Katara/Aang has been intended all along, and also very obvious that the Katara/Zuko thing was just an odd curve ball spark of seriously not even 5 minutes in one episode.

This incited people to jump back to earlier episodes for references to support this spark, and things like the Fortuneteller episode really don't prove any kind of basis for anything but Katara/Aang. It's even blatently pointed out in that episode as well as another stepping stone to solidifying the relationship later in the series.

While I'm not exactly a fan of Katara at all anyway, I can firmly say with all episodes as my reference that -any- pairing of Katara with anyone other than Aang has no comparable, developed basis. A few well-timed screencaps or photoshops at best is all Zutara has to their name going purely off episode content. Frankly, it's over.

Oh my goodness, thank you. It's over and it's been over.

Murellus

[135]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 9
    tvcrazy12 wrote:
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:

seriously replying...

give me one piece of supposedly "canon" zutara to match that!

Roku got into the Avatar State with his attachment to his wife, leading also to the birth of Zuko. So being the Avatar doesn't mean you can't marry, it just means that you can form attachments AFTER mastering the Avatar State.

Spacerac

[136]Mar 24, 2008
    SapphireStones wrote:
    The creators have taught us to expect the unexpected...
    that's true, though they've also stated that they won't be writing in crazy twists. So (AllKnowingBeing, I had thought this before you typed it actually lol ) that means that Kataang looks like it's going to happen, so it will end in Zutara which in turn will end in Kataang, which in turn could switch back... it's a vicious cycle that won't be settled until it's over.

Spacerac

[137]Mar 24, 2008
    WiseLad wrote:
    daveshanFromGMU wrote:

waterbender6025 wrote:

Fortuneteller: No love.**she said she DIDN"T SEE ANYTHING ABOUT LOVE, she didn't say THERE'S NO LOVE FOR YOU**

Guru: You must let her go.**Guru said "The Thought chakra is located at the crown of the head. It deals with pure cosmic energy and is blocked by earthly attachment. Meditate on what attaches you to this world." than later

Now, think of your attachments and let them go.

(An image of Katara appears, and drifts back toward the horizon to finally vanish with a twinkle of light. The sky ceases to spin.)

Guru Pathik: (voice-over) Let the pure cosmic energy flow.

(Looking up into the stars, we see an aurora of light. Aang is seen floating in space above the planet, and the aurora solidifies into a radiant bridge beneath his feet. Turning from the world below, Aang sees a massive entity standing above snaking path. It is a spectral figure of Aang himself, the tattoos and eyes shining with the light of the avatar state. Aang sets off carefully towards it, mouth open in awe. As he nears the feet of the hovering apparition, his own tattoos begin to shine with light. The towering, spectral Aang descends, a sphere of light shimmering between its fingers. The Avatar is enclosed within this shell, but suddenly he is distracted by a cry of distress.

notice that until Aang heard her cry of distress(she was still in his thoughts) he didn't go "I don't love Katara anymore" he simply took her out of his mind(or at least tried to)

than later on when Aang left the Guru, Pathik said (calling after him) No Aang! By choosing attachment, you have locked the chakra! (Aang draws to a stop) If you leave now you won't be able to go into the Avatar State at all!

wow he said HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GO AVATAR STATE IF HE LEFT yet......................

Aang: There's too many.

(Aang remembers what Guru Pathik told him at the Eastern Air Temple.)

Guru Pathik: (in Aang's memory) The only way, is to let her go.
    Aang: (sadly) I'm sorry Katara.

(Aang turns around and earthbends several crystals out of the ground to form a tent over him. Aang sits down and begins meditating. We enter inside of Aang's mind, where he once again comes face to face with the avatar spirit residing inside him, high above the world and surrounded by the starry heavens. The avatar spirit surrounds Aang in a swirling orb between its hands, and Aang's arrow glows. Shift back to the physical world. Aang's arrow begins to glow here as well, illuminating the crystals that surround him. Zuko and the Dai Li are frightened but also enchanted by this light. Finally, Aang opens his eyes, which glow with great intensity. An incredible explosion of spiritual power destroys the crystals. The Dai Li agents shield themselves from the blast. Aang rises from the ground in a bright pillar of cosmic light. Katara looks up at Aang, hope returning to her. Aang levitates in the air, until suddenly, a bolt of lightning strikes his body.

Aang was letting Katara(his earthly attachment) go so he could go avatar state, notice AGAIN that Aang DIDN"T GO "I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE KATARA", he simply concentrated 100% in getting the cosmic energies, not having anything of an "Earthly attachment" in his mind

you are right now putting little things in the way you like, without giving any chance to other side

I don't care if whoever is Kataang or Zutara, I simply don't like the ones who think things are set on stone already

only FACTS

Kat will choose either Aang or Zuko(per Mike and Bryan)

Aang loves Kat

the closest Zuko and Kat have gotten is in COD, and even there, according to Kat itself, it was ALL about pity for him, there has not been any conclusive indicator that they even LIKE EACH OTHER, much less love

Aang kissed kat, and she responded back, BUT WITHOUT ANY CONCLUSIVE INDICATION of what Katara feels for Aang, right now we don't got any CONCLUSIVE evidence of what will be or is her decision

so then that means that Aang actually understood what it meant at the end of the episode, and the only reason the Avatar State doesn't work is because of Azula.

Anyway, this is to everyone who constantly uses the Avatar State defense for pro-Zutara.

When the episode focused on the air chakra, (which circulates through love and is blocked by grief) it explicitly stated that the love Aang had for his whole race was reincarnated as his love for Katara. Now the thought chakra showed that Aang constantly thinks about Katara and the Guru says Aang must learn to let go. The Guru NEVER ONCE said you cannot love her, which is what Aang misunderstood at the time. If you isolate Aang mastering the Avatar state into just letting go of Katara as in "he can't love her," then you're ignoring that as a result the AIR chakra (which circulates through love) is invalidated, thus meaning HE STILL WOULDN'T master the Avatar State because he didn't master all the chakras.

MaiAndZuko4eva

[138]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 12
    WHAT HAS HAPPENED DURING THE TIME I WAS GONE?! People are starting A NEW Battlefield WITHOUT ME! HELLOO?! fine. Zutara has a chance in winning..no....doubt. Aang will end up single. he's to immature for Katara. Zuko has been facing more problems (I guess) than Aang, Which makes Zuko more....Mature. Katara is a serious girl and she doesnt need a guy who just loves being hyper and fun. I think the way Katara feels toward Aang..is like a Brother and Sister relationship. So....

horacus

[139]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 7
    only time will say.

kamzts

[140]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 7

I personaly dont think Aang will ever get his avatar state back it was cool and dramatic but Azula messed it up.