We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

Spike815

[161]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 14
    anakinjjg wrote:
    1337Bloodbender wrote:

Wanburu wrote:
    It's impossible for the Avatar not to have a fourth book. Here are the possible reasons. Actually, the cycle starts with water, not air. So the cycle is water, earth, fire, then air. The show starts with the narration, which includes this cycle. Having a book for air would then be logical. Next is just because the book is named after an element does not mean that that particular element is mastered during that time. So, even if Aang has mastered air does not mean there won't be a fourth book. After that, there is also the fact that Aang hasn't mastered fire yet. The next eclipse is still too far away, which was probably stated during the time they discovered when the solar eclipse would be (inside that majestic library ^^). Without the solar eclipse, Aang would find it difficult to defeat Azula AND the Fire Lord (and all other Firebenders). In addition, by the end of the second part of Chapter 10, Zuko is seen to be flying towards them. This indicates a possibility that he would teach fire bending to Aang, but it isn't that likely. What's more likely is that he would be able to convince some of the people of the Fire Nation to join arms with them. Another loose end is the lotus tile that was given by Sokka's master. This was clearly a way to gain more members for the resistance. Some of the most well-known members of the Fire Nation are members of this mysterious group. Their aim might not be clear, but their actions show that they do not agree with what the current Fire Lord is doing to their nation. Since the lotus tile is with them, then they will certainly meet with members of the group represented by the lotus. This, again, adds quantity to the resistance. Another thing, Airo is more likely to teach him fire bending, but it does not mean that this is a sure thing, since there are plenty of fire benders out there. Finally, this show is clearly not an anime, though the influence is clearly noticeable. Usually, western animation finishes the story it starts, and usually with a good ending. All in all, there are too many loose ends, still excluding the current location of the Kiyoshi warriors (Suki, specifically). It is already gaining a lot of popularity, why end it then? Wouldn't it be more profitable to finish it? After all, that blood bending thing wasn't just introduced for nothing...^^

But, it has already been confirmed that there is not going to be a book 4. There will be some sort of spin-off though.

Where did you hear this, a spinoff is a stupid idea and they should make a season 4!!!!!!!!!!!

From the creators themselves at comic-con. They confirmed this will be the last season with Aang, Zuko, and friends.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

foola12

[162]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 2
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.
    To bad you fail. There is a need for the 4th book otherwise there would be no ending to the story and none of the producers and staff would go for such a moronic thing to do.

KataangFever

[163]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 3

I think that book means, what nation they are at that month... Water - Aang was in 2 water tribes
    Earth - Aang was in the Earth Kingdom
    Fire - Aang was in the Firenation
    Air - Aang will be in Air temples, looking for the airbenders (maybe making his own . )

MaiAndZuko4eva

[164]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    Spike815 wrote:
    anakinjjg wrote:
    1337Bloodbender wrote:

Wanburu wrote:
    It's impossible for the Avatar not to have a fourth book. Here are the possible reasons. Actually, the cycle starts with water, not air. So the cycle is water, earth, fire, then air. The show starts with the narration, which includes this cycle. Having a book for air would then be logical. Next is just because the book is named after an element does not mean that that particular element is mastered during that time. So, even if Aang has mastered air does not mean there won't be a fourth book. After that, there is also the fact that Aang hasn't mastered fire yet. The next eclipse is still too far away, which was probably stated during the time they discovered when the solar eclipse would be (inside that majestic library ^^). Without the solar eclipse, Aang would find it difficult to defeat Azula AND the Fire Lord (and all other Firebenders). In addition, by the end of the second part of Chapter 10, Zuko is seen to be flying towards them. This indicates a possibility that he would teach fire bending to Aang, but it isn't that likely. What's more likely is that he would be able to convince some of the people of the Fire Nation to join arms with them. Another loose end is the lotus tile that was given by Sokka's master. This was clearly a way to gain more members for the resistance. Some of the most well-known members of the Fire Nation are members of this mysterious group. Their aim might not be clear, but their actions show that they do not agree with what the current Fire Lord is doing to their nation. Since the lotus tile is with them, then they will certainly meet with members of the group represented by the lotus. This, again, adds quantity to the resistance. Another thing, Airo is more likely to teach him fire bending, but it does not mean that this is a sure thing, since there are plenty of fire benders out there. Finally, this show is clearly not an anime, though the influence is clearly noticeable. Usually, western animation finishes the story it starts, and usually with a good ending. All in all, there are too many loose ends, still excluding the current location of the Kiyoshi warriors (Suki, specifically). It is already gaining a lot of popularity, why end it then? Wouldn't it be more profitable to finish it? After all, that blood bending thing wasn't just introduced for nothing...^^

But, it has already been confirmed that there is not going to be a book 4. There will be some sort of spin-off though.

Where did you hear this, a spinoff is a stupid idea and they should make a season 4!!!!!!!!!!!

From the creators themselves at comic-con. They confirmed this will be the last season with Aang, Zuko, and friends.

SPike a little heads up for your sig about TYLee being an airbender...I think it should say "TyLee one of the last airbenders" OR "TyLee the second last airbender"

Mapletree46

[165]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 17
    aang already mastered air.

SATHWAKA

[166]Dec 29, 2007
    • level: 1
    The next book is not going to be air ( I checked it out) its going to be life and then its ,I think avatar. but I think they should have just stoped while they were ahead.

SATHWAKA

[167]Dec 29, 2007
    I no for a fact that theres gonna be a season 4 becuz i alredy saw chapter 10 and 11 and i kno theres gonna be 1 but i wont spoil it

SATHWAKA

[168]Dec 29, 2007

PLCTheCd wrote:
    Well what about a prequel for the First Avatar? There's Avatar Roku and Avatar Kyoshi, but how about they show us who the First Avatar is?

Yeh who is and no matter what elemant it iswouldnt it be un fair to the other elemants

SATHWAKA

[169]Dec 29, 2007
    SaitoGatotsu58 wrote:

WiseIroh wrote:
    Book 1: Water Book 2: Earth Book 3: Fire *Book 4: Mastering the elements * *Book 5: The Fire Nation *Book 6: the Solar Eclipse *Book 7: Path to the Firelord * if te show remains as popular as it is now it just depends on the creativity.

I think that 7 books is a little excessive. However, I liked the way that yougaveBook 4 a name other than "Air".

Come on, people. Book 4 doesnot necessarily have to be named "Air". Don't think that a fourth book is not possible justbecause it would have to be called that.

Thank you some one who thinks be4 they type others do that 2 Im just mking my point

SATHWAKA

[170]Dec 29, 2007

FrozenKitty wrote:
    AirNomad wrote:
    They do not need to make a "Book 4:Air" because Aang has already mastered air. That is what the arrow on his head means.
    not neccescerly. in the confrence that Gyatso had with the head Air Monk, Aang was to go to the Eastern Air Temple to complete his training. seeing that he never made it there he didn't fully master airbending.

In the episod were Ang Soka and katara (plus Zoko in the blimp thing) they are headed to the western air temple also how many air temples are there

SATHWAKA

[171]Dec 29, 2007
    pottergurl17 wrote:
    mikho928 wrote:

Well not really, things can have a way of just balancing themselves out, take our world for example every superpower the earth has seen has risen and fallen with time, this could be applied to the fire Nation, even if they ended up succeeding they would eventually crumble under their own sheer size and corruptness. Maybe the Avatar is not needed at all, they are just a safety net.

Excellent point! Personally I would love to see a fourth season air, as a Book Four: AIR. Even if the third season doesn't mean defeating the fire lord. Who knows, as of right now, Azula is the heir to the Fire Throne. If Aang defeats Ozai, he know has Azula to stop but I think that is taking it too far. Reading the other posts, makes me think that the cylce should be completed in order for this series to end: starting with water and ending with air.

What if the fire nation is all coocoo (and we all no they are) and they dont let women on the thron! I would be Zoko next or maybe even Iroh

SATHWAKA

[172]Dec 29, 2007

etherfreeze wrote:
    DygitalNinja wrote:
    If they do a season 4 then maybe the Air book should just be a prequel to the show...showing how Aang learned Airbending before we was trapped in an iceburg for 100 years or they could focus the story on one of Aangs past (future) lifes...that would be interesting
    yea that's a good idea or i've been thinking it could just be a sub - book with no huge conflict or impending doom, just tieing together loose ends as other have put it and showing the avatar returning order to the world (I'm sure after the war ends everything will still be in shambles).

And i think is kinda mean to leave those 2 earth benders (sorry you just made me Think of this) Toff traped in the medle box wen she first learned to bend Medle.

SATHWAKA

[173]Dec 29, 2007

They could get another avatar after Aang dies and aang could teach the new avatar like Roku taught aang

I know its out there really out there but what if when ang "died" and katera brought him back the spirits or who ever has to deal with reicarnation stuff decided to make another avatar like someone who was alrady alive then became an avatar and in book 4 they meet and he some nos her/him or not

geekyguy65

[174]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 11

here are my theories. *note* this information is from wikipedia. i do not promise it is correct:

no.1: Aang has not completely mastered water, earth or barely even started fire so they could have seasons like: book4:metal book5:light book6:blood, stuff like that.

no.2: There are more than 4 elements. There are 5. The fifth element is ayr, which is the air the gods breathed according to mythology. Aang being an airbender, and being the avatar (a type of god) could manage to bend ayr.

no.3: Like people have said, the 4th season may not be circled around aang. This would be good but not as good as the previous seasons.

Themius

[175]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 2
    I've been told numerous times that, sadly, there will be no fourth season - at least not one that focuses on the Gaang.

PsychoPass

[176]Jan 13, 2008
    • level: 11
    geekyguy65 wrote:

here are my theories. *note* this information is from wikipedia. i do not promise it is correct:

no.1: Aang has not completely mastered water, earth or barely even started fire so they could have seasons like: book4:metal book5:light book6:blood, stuff like that.

no.2: There are more than 4 elements. There are 5. The fifth element is ayr, which is the air the gods breathed according to mythology. Aang being an airbender, and being the avatar (a type of god) could manage to bend ayr.

no.3: Like people have said, the 4th season may not be circled around aang. This would be good but not as good as the previous seasons.

There's no reason a 4th season or more wouldn't be as good as the current ones. The writer's have perfectly proven themselves that they can come up with great characters and stories. Just because the original Gaang isn't in it doesn't mean it'll suck.

Gol-Tah

[177]Jan 25, 2008
    obviously none of you have finished watching all of the series soo far, and do not even remeber the first season. first of all. aang ran away from the air temple because the airbending masters wanted to change his teacher. he was not a fully flegded airbender yet, merely a student. i admit he was a talented student but by no means was he a master. second of all, by the end of book 3 (fire), he has only just begun to learn fire bending. by your teores you stated that he should have alreay mastered it, but your wrong. also, by the end of the third season the avatar still hasn't meet the fire lord. meaning he is still yet to be defeated. the story is almost finished. perhaps it will conclude, in the final season, whioch logically would be called Air to complete the cycle many of you have been talking about. perhaps "Junest" was right, and he may reinstate all of the air temples, with the help of Price Zuko and the others. but the story will continue, onto another season, that will undoubtablly be called Book 4: Air.

raventomorow

[178]Jan 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    Gol-Tah wrote:
    obviously none of you have finished watching all of the series soo far, and do not even remeber the first season. first of all. aang ran away from the air temple because the airbending masters wanted to change his teacher. he was not a fully flegded airbender yet, merely a student. i admit he was a talented student but by no means was he a master. second of all, by the end of book 3 (fire), he has only just begun to learn fire bending. by your teores you stated that he should have alreay mastered it, but your wrong. also, by the end of the third season the avatar still hasn't meet the fire lord. meaning he is still yet to be defeated. the story is almost finished. perhaps it will conclude, in the final season, whioch logically would be called Air to complete the cycle many of you have been talking about. perhaps "Junest" was right, and he may reinstate all of the air temples, with the help of Price Zuko and the others. but the story will continue, onto another season, that will undoubtablly be called Book 4: Air.

It really depends on Nick, if they want to buy a fourth season

joeking14

[179]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 8
    SATHWAKA wrote:
    they dont let women on the thron!

You source is?

Gol-Tah wrote:
    obviously none of you have finished watching all of the series soo far, and do not even remeber the first season. first of all. aang ran away from the air temple because the airbending masters wanted to change his teacher. he was not a fully flegded airbender yet, merely a student. i admit he was a talented student but by no means was he a master.

Do you notice the arrows Aang has tattooed on him? Only master Airbenders get them.

tomtitan

[180]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 19
    SATHWAKA wrote:
    The next book is not going to be air ( I checked it out) its going to be life and then its ,I think avatar. but I think they should have just stoped while they were ahead.

SATHWAKA wrote:
    I no for a fact that theres gonna be a season 4 becuz i alredy saw chapter 10 and 11 and i kno theres gonna be 1 but i wont spoil it.

SATHWAKA wrote:
    Yeh who is and no matter what elemant it iswouldnt it be un fair to the other elemants.

SATHWAKA wrote:
    Thank you some one who thinks be4 they type others do that 2 Im just mking my point.

SATHWAKA wrote:
    In the episod were Ang Soka and katara (plus Zoko in the blimp thing) they are headed to the western air temple also how many air temples are there

SATHWAKA wrote:
    What if the fire nation is all coocoo (and we all no they are) and they dont let women on the thron! I would be Zoko next or maybe even Iroh

SATHWAKA wrote:
    And i think is kinda mean to leave those 2 earth benders (sorry you just made me Think of this) Toff traped in the medle box wen she first learned to bend Medle.

SATHWAKA wrote:
    I know its out there really out there but what if when ang "died" and katera brought him back the spirits or who ever has to deal with reicarnation stuff decided to make another avatar like someone who was alrady alive then became an avatar and in book 4 they meet and he some nos her/him or not

wow, 8 posts in a row! that is actually incredible. and your grammar and spelling! wow! amazing! this takes the word 'n00b' to a whole new level!