We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

iTz_GrUnTy

[221]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 1
    Ok here's what I think. The show will be continued in some way. Maybe not a new episode next week or anything, but I mean there will be something else. I do, however, also believe that there will be a next season. Think about it. With millions of viewers and plenty exceeding the average age of viewers for this show, they will make more money with another season. We all know we want to see something more of the group. i quote the following for a news article, linked below. "Talks are reportedly underway to extend the show beyond just three seasons, which was the original plan by the creators. However, if there is a fourth season, it will likely follow a different storyline other than the Fire Lord and Fire Nation trying to take over the world, as both Nick executives and the co-creators have said season three will be when Aang faces the Fire Lord."

Long post short, there will be something else besides the movie that is long down the road. Article cited from - http://www.huliq.com/64529/avatar-last-airbender-season-4
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

moviebender

[222]Jul 29, 2008
    oke people, it just can't end this way because if the avatar story line continues there will be no (after a new water, earth and fire avatar) next air avatar! so thats why there must be a book four and why should it stay whit "the four elements" i mean we already saw metal, sand and strage space bending. and why should the war stop after the battle with the Fire Lord. i mean "unkle" also busted himself out of prison so why can't azula and her dad do that ?

slumshoes

[224]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    moviebender wrote:
    i mean "unkle" also busted himself out of prison so why can't azula and her dad do that ?
    You forgot what Aang did to Ozai and Azula is in no mental condition to escape. Besides the guards in Iroh's prison underestimated the old man's capabilities, thinking he's harmless. It's a different case for Azula since she had a reputation of being a very gifted and dangerous fire bender.
    Edited on 07/29/2008 3:41am

moviebender

[225]Jul 29, 2008
    but because of the mental shape they can supprise i mean why wouldn't the fire lord know his own prison and i'm sure there are firebenders who still support him..

goAVATAR

[226]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 2
    hmm.... but if your theory is true, the seasons continue and after summer comes fall again. if it stops there, then the cycle is broken. yes, aang has already mastered all 4 elements, but maybe the 4th book can be about finding zuko's mom and trying to find any surviving air benders as well as teaching others the art of air bending. also, the people that were still loyal to the fire lord and perished could still be a problem (most notably, azula is still a main question, since she can inferno her way out of jail). and maybe zuko's mom has a connection to all this.... that would make a book 4 ^^

Dafoose

[227]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 19
    joeking14 wrote:
    SATHWAKA wrote:
    they dont let women on the thron!

You source is?

Gol-Tah wrote:
    obviously none of you have finished watching all of the series soo far, and do not even remeber the first season. first of all. aang ran away from the air temple because the airbending masters wanted to change his teacher. he was not a fully flegded airbender yet, merely a student. i admit he was a talented student but by no means was he a master.

Do you notice the arrows Aang has tattooed on him? Only master Airbenders get them.

You're right Joeking. The assumption the NoOB made was unfounded.

Aang was a master Airbender. He even made his own move, the air scooter. Personally, I thought book four should've been book one. That would've been great, explaining his childhood, to show his mannerisms and feelings. The drama between the other nomads and gyasto. And it would've ended with him leaving and appearing in the iceberg. Great idea, never attempted. It would've brought me goosebumps.

Holy crap, 8 posts?!! That's one for the Guiness book of world records.

LondonParisNYC

[228]Aug 1, 2008
    • level: 7
    Dafoose wrote:

Aang was a master Airbender. He even made his own move, the air scooter. Personally, I thought book four should've been book one. That would've been great, explaining his childhood, to show his mannerisms and feelings. The drama between the other nomads and gyasto. And it would've ended with him leaving and appearing in the iceberg. Great idea, never attempted. It would've brought me goosebumps.

not enough conflict to build another season off of.

Dafoose

[229]Aug 1, 2008
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:

I wasn't exactly talking about another season after fire, I was describing what should've been season 1.

ANd yeah, there was plenty of conflict in my description. Just think about how Gyasto and the other airbenders were. NTM, Aang wasn't accepted, and you have to remember, it would've been just as exciting to find out he's the avatar when the disscuss it with him. Starting small to big, problems escalate, and the "Avatar" runs away.

NTM, they could've included an awesome line of ending episodes showing the beggining of Fire Lord Sozins attack on the air temples.

So yeah, there would've been a lot of conflict among the air nomads. Fire and brimstone baby.

LondonParisNYC

[230]Aug 1, 2008
    Dafoose wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:

I wasn't exactly talking about another season after fire, I was describing what should've been season 1.

ANd yeah, there was plenty of conflict in my description. Just think about how Gyasto and the other airbenders were. NTM, Aang wasn't accepted, and you have to remember, it would've been just as exciting to find out he's the avatar when the disscuss it with him. Starting small to big, problems escalate, and the "Avatar" runs away.

NTM, they could've included an awesome line of ending episodes showing the beggining of Fire Lord Sozins attack on the air temples.

So yeah, there would've been a lot of conflict among the air nomads. Fire and brimstone baby.

First of all, I like season one, starting out the way it did because we didn't know the whole story, and we were given it in incriments through flashbacks, which made it a more interesting story structure

Two, they already went through all of that avatar run-away conflict, and exaughsted that topic in one episode, stretching that over a season, and not having any of there other 4 main characters featured would make for a dull seaosn.

It's more fun leaving that stuff kind of a mystery (AKA the attacks on the air nomads) because it leaves something still left to ponder once the series finished.

Dafoose

[231]Aug 1, 2008
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:

First of all, I like season one, starting out the way it did because we didn't know the whole story, and we were given it in incriments through flashbacks, which made it a more interesting story structure

Two, they already went through all of that avatar run-away conflict, and exaughsted that topic in one episode, stretching that over a season, and not having any of there other 4 main characters featured would make for a dull seaosn.

It's more fun leaving that stuff kind of a mystery (AKA the attacks on the air nomads) because it leaves something still left to ponder once the series finished.

Paris, I'm not trying to start an intersting debate here. I was just talking about the best possible scenario to include the season of Air in the series. Personally, I think having it in the beggining is better than having it in the end. that's all I"m saying. I don't care if it's not better than season 1, Water.

If you want my honest opinion, season one needed more action and less pg stuff, but hey, I guess I'm the only one there.

Personally, I think Mike and bryan are geniouses, and I wouldn't make avatar any other way or do avatar differently than they wished. But this topic is about tweaking that, seeing how's people still think there's going to be a book four.

I'm just speculating on how Book 4 best fits it's category in my opion.

You're right , things should stay a mystery, but thats not what I'm talking about here.

LondonParisNYC

[232]Aug 1, 2008
    Dafoose wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:

Paris, I'm not trying to start an intersting debate here. I was just talking about the best possible scenario to include the season of Air in the series. Personally, I think having it in the beggining is better than having it in the end. that's all I"m saying. I don't care if it's not better than season 1, Water.

If you want my honest opinion, season one needed more action and less pg stuff, but hey, I guess I'm the only one there.

Personally, I think Mike and bryan are geniouses, and I wouldn't make avatar any other way or do avatar differently than they wished. But this topic is about tweaking that, seeing how's people still think there's going to be a book four.

You're right , things should stay a mystery, but thats not what I'm talking about here.

lol sorry, I enjoy interesting debates

*attempts to hold back*

Edited on 08/01/2008 10:27pm

Dafoose

[233]Aug 1, 2008
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:
    LondonParisNYC wrote:
    Dafoose wrote:

lol sorry, I enjoy interesting debates

*attempts to hold back*

It's alright. We can debate about it some other time. ^_^ maybe on the refuge.

There's a place in the giant pai sho room for agni kai.

LondonParisNYC

[234]Aug 1, 2008
    Dafoose wrote:

It's alright. We can debate about it some other time. ^_^ maybe on the refuge.

There's a place in the giant pai sho room for agni kai.

ohhhh le fun xD

replay104

[235]Aug 2, 2008
    OKAY OKAY

Here me out on this one. Technically is 3 things balanced? It's like 1 beats 2, 2 beats 3, and 3 beats 1. BALANCED. You don't need a fourth. Also all the airbenders are dead but Aang still brought balance to the world....eh eh?

LondonParisNYC

[236]Aug 2, 2008

replay104 wrote:
    OKAY OKAY

Here me out on this one. Technically is 3 things balanced? It's like 1 beats 2, 2 beats 3, and 3 beats 1. BALANCED. You don't need a fourth. Also all the airbenders are dead but Aang still brought balance to the world....eh eh?

all i have to say is...what the hell, what the hell, what the hell, what the hell, what the hell, what the hell.

lol. WHAT?!

replay104

[237]Aug 2, 2008
    LondonParisNYC wrote:

replay104 wrote:
    OKAY OKAY

all i have to say is...what the hell, what the hell, what the hell, what the hell, what the hell, what the hell.

lol. WHAT?!

I think it makes sense! You can sit on a three legged stool cant you? HA I WIN

Dafoose

[238]Aug 2, 2008
    replay104 wrote:
    OKAY OKAY

It can be balanced if you are playing in a time signature of 3/4 6/8 or 9/12. Avatar doesn't have to be in common time 4/4 all the time.
    Edited on 08/02/2008 8:16pm

JakeV5

[239]Aug 9, 2008
    You know, it'd be pretty easy to continue Avatar from here. I mean, they already have an enormous problem with the Avatar; his entire existence is to preserve balance, and restore it when necessary, between the four nations... Well, right now, e only have three. The Airbenders are dead. And if the Airbenders are dead, then the Avatar is dead. Since it gets resurrected into each nation every lifetime, there is quite a while before the next Airbender Avatar should be born, four generations, so there could be either a Book 4 or another series. There really should be. It could either be Aang trying to restore his lost civilization, or trying to find remnants of the Airbending tribes, or for another Avatar, a Firebender, trying to make up the mistakes his nation made generations ago and trying to find a way to continue the line of the Avatar by restoring the Airbenders. Hell, there could even be an evil organization in there that wants the Avatar dead fo good so they can harness the power of the avatar themselves, or go unopposed to conquer the world... Something like that. How's that sound? Balance must be restored either way.

LondonParisNYC

[240]Aug 9, 2008

JakeV5 wrote:
    You know, it'd be pretty easy to continue Avatar from here. I mean, they already have an enormous problem with the Avatar; his entire existence is to preserve balance, and restore it when necessary, between the four nations... Well, right now, e only have three. The Airbenders are dead. And if the Airbenders are dead, then the Avatar is dead. Since it gets resurrected into each nation every lifetime, there is quite a while before the next Airbender Avatar should be born, four generations, so there could be either a Book 4 or another series. There really should be. It could either be Aang trying to restore his lost civilization, or trying to find remnants of the Airbending tribes, or for another Avatar, a Firebender, trying to make up the mistakes his nation made generations ago and trying to find a way to continue the line of the Avatar by restoring the Airbenders. Hell, there could even be an evil organization in there that wants the Avatar dead fo good so they can harness the power of the avatar themselves, or go unopposed to conquer the world... Something like that. How's that sound? Balance must be restored either way.

lol now some very wise words from our friends, Crowded House

"Hey now, hey now, don't dream it's over."

sorry man