We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

NRPREZ1

[181]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    Since I started this almost three years ago I'll end it today. Good points were made and some opinions were respected but, Mike DiMartino said at last year's SDCC Avatar panel that this story arc will end with Book 3: Fire. They (being the creators and writers) do hope to continue the Avatar universe with other characters. My hope is that they capitalize on the possibility of a Water Avatar having been born when Aang died in Ba Sing Se. To anyone that would like to debate this new theory (that is not my own) on a two Avatar world visit my new thread "Believersof a two Avatar world".
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PenguAvatar

[182]Jan 27, 2008
    • level: 10
    Bleh...

SATHWAKA

[183]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 1
    [QUOTE="joeking14"]
    SATHWAKA wrote:
    they dont let women on the thron!

You source is?

Have you ever heard of a girl on the thron if you have please tell me

SATHWAKA

[184]Feb 5, 2008

NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Since I started this almost three years ago I'll end it today. Good points were made and some opinions were respected but, Mike DiMartino said at last year's SDCC Avatar panel that this story arc will end with Book 3: Fire. They (being the creators and writers) do hope to continue the Avatar universe with other characters. My hope is that they capitalize on the possibility of a Water Avatar having been born when Aang died in Ba Sing Se. To anyone that would like to debate this new theory (that is not my own) on a two Avatar world visit my new thread "Believersof a two Avatar world".

I think thats a good idea. If you go to nick.com, avatar message bordsFan fiction youll see my post called Aangs Little Memory

dayjavoo

[185]Feb 5, 2008

It seems like no one has touched on an issue I think is important to the whole theory. Although it wouldn't be a bad thing for the series to end at book 3, it would only be "good" if Aang is ready to fight Ozai. But he really isn't is he? Aang is just learning firebending. He still isn't strong enough to face the Fire Lord. It just seems like Aang has so much more to learn. It took the avatar much more time to master the other three elements. Although Aang is extremely old he has really only been on this journey for a short time. Think about it.

So it seems that the show can and should definitely go beyond book 3. Unless they want the ending of the series to feel rushed. And who wants that?

Spike815

[186]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    dayjavoo wrote:

It seems like no one has touched on an issue I think is important to the whole theory. Although it wouldn't be a bad thing for the series to end at book 3, it would only be "good" if Aang is ready to fight Ozai. But he really isn't is he? Aang is just learning firebending. He still isn't strong enough to face the Fire Lord. It just seems like Aang has so much more to learn. It took the avatar much more time to master the other three elements. Although Aang is extremely old he has really only been on this journey for a short time. Think about it.

So it seems that the show can and should definitely go beyond book 3. Unless they want the ending of the series to feel rushed. And who wants that?

THE CREATORS THEMSELVES SAID THIS IS THE LAST SEASON.

So this shall be the last season. And he better be ready, because the comet is his deadline.

AangPhantom777

[187]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 33
    Spike815 wrote:
    dayjavoo wrote:

THE CREATORS THEMSELVES SAID THIS IS THE LAST SEASON.

So this shall be the last season. And he better be ready, because the comet is his deadline.

Yup.

dayjavoo

[188]Feb 5, 2008
    Its not like they can't change their mind. Nowadays it seems like everything, whether its a tv show, or a movie has to be drawn out and leave you with a cliffhanger ending. They had so many problems with Combustion Man. I'm sure the F.L. is far stronger than CM.

...unless the entire group gangs up on the F.L. Although that would be interesting its kind of anticlimatic

Spike815

[189]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 14
    dayjavoo wrote:
    Its not like they can't change their mind. Nowadays it seems like everything, whether its a tv show, or a movie has to be drawn out and leave you with a cliffhanger ending. They had so many problems with Combustion Man. I'm sure the F.L. is far stronger than CM.

...unless the entire group gangs up on the F.L. Although that would be interesting its kind of anticlimatic

Sir they have said it will be the end, have been advertising it as the end, and have been working towards it. Their goal must clearly be meet this season, defeat the fire lord before summer's end. (And book 4 would have to be the fall) They only have 3 seasons from Nick, and are scheduled to start making a trilogy of movies based of the seasons. I can guarantee they won't be changing their minds at the last minute and going on to another season.

dayjavoo

[190]Feb 5, 2008
    It's ma'am. And I guess you're right, a fan can dream. It'll be interesting too see how exactly they work it out.

louzer900

[191]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 7
    i hope there is going to be one!

[192]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 42
    Don't we all hope for it

ShadowPhoenix3

[193]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 2

THERE ISN'T GOING TO BE A 4TH SEASON!

louzer900

[194]Mar 2, 2008
    • level: 7
    ShadowPhoenix3 wrote:

SHUN THE NON-BELIVER! -sees people walk slowly towerds him- no! him! not me! him! NOOO!!!!

Spacerac

[195]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 15
    louzer900 wrote:
    ShadowPhoenix3 wrote:

SHUN THE NON-BELIVER! -sees people walk slowly towerds him- no! him! not me! him! NOOO!!!!

...but there isn't gonna be one.

tiodavid248

[196]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 6
    I know Mike and Brian aren't going to make a 4th season, but wouldn't it be awful if Nickelodeon did and they brought in some new animation team and some new writers and forced them to make more episodes. Would you watch?

Spacerac

[197]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 15
    tiodavid248 wrote:
    I know Mike and Brian aren't going to make a 4th season, but wouldn't it be awful if Nickelodeon did and they brought in some new animation team and some new writers and forced them to make more episodes. Would you watch?
    yeah, unless it sucked.

tiodavid248

[198]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 6
    Spacerac wrote:
    tiodavid248 wrote:
    yeah, unless it sucked.

You know it would suck.

waterbender6025

[199]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 12
    i dont think there will be a book 4: air mainly because they could just have the gaang searching for other airbenders for 20 episodes, they would need like at least 10 filler eps. but i reckon there will be a spinoff and it will still be called avatar but will be called something like Avatar: The Dark Chapters, or like Avatar: The New Age.

L0717

[200]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 10

i reckon they aint gonna make another season in the aang arc.

possibly another season with different characters and a different storyline.