We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

confucioussayhi

[101]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 15
    TheNextAvatar wrote:

I think there could be more after 4 seasons. Well, the way the world goes these days, more shows for viewers means more money for the makers, channels etc. So here's what I think:

1.Book 1:Water

2.Book 2:Earth

3.Book 3:Fire

4.Book 4:Air* or something

then...maybe...

Avatar animated movies in nick? Something like flashbacks or stories

Movie 1:Avatar:Roku of the Fire Nation

Movie 2:Avatar:Kiyoshi of Kiyoshi Island????

In the interviews with the creators on www.avatarspirit.net , They said there would be six seasons(if I heard right, Nick ordered 3 more seasons?), so you might be a little off. The movie idea might work, but they're making a live action movie too. Do you mean animated movies like the chibi School Time Shipping?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZutaraChick

[102]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 1
    confucioussayhi wrote:
    TheNextAvatar wrote:

I think there could be more after 4 seasons. Well, the way the world goes these days, more shows for viewers means more money for the makers, channels etc. So here's what I think:

then...maybe...

In the interviews with the creators on www.avatarspirit.net , They said there would be six seasons(if I heard right, Nick ordered 3 more seasons?), so you might be a little off. The movie idea might work, but they're making a live action movie too. Do you mean animated movies like the chibi School Time Shipping?
    nO you know how on Nick they'll have basically a 2 hour long Fairly oddparents"movie"... I think that thats what they mean

confucioussayhi

[103]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 15
    ZutaraChick wrote:
    confucioussayhi wrote:
    TheNextAvatar wrote:

then...maybe...

nO you know how on Nick they'll have basically a 2 hour long Fairly oddparents"movie"... I think that thats what they mean
    I hope not, Avatar deserves a real movie, not some half-@$$ed mini-movie thing. Besides, those movies are for shows like spongebob and the fairly oddparents, because there's not plot in those. Avatar has a plot, so it wouldn't be all that great.

clearwater04

[104]May 8, 2007
    • level: 10
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.
    yay this theory has been disproven wooohooooo

xXKarisuXx

[105]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    clearwater04 wrote:
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.

Wait, how has it been disproven? Haven't we heard millions of times that this is the final season?

SgtHydra

[106]Jun 27, 2007

xXKarisuXx wrote:
    clearwater04 wrote:
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Wait, how has it been disproven? Haven't we heard millions of times that this is the final season?

Trust me. Knowing nick, they'll be a spinoff. Money, money, money. They'll try and squeeze every dime from this francise. Every last cent.

There will be a book four.

Personally, I want the series to start over. New characters, etc. Same world, different story. Could be in the past or in the future.

xXKarisuXx

[107]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 12
    SgtHydra wrote:

xXKarisuXx wrote:
    clearwater04 wrote:
    NRPREZ1 wrote:

Trust me. Knowing nick, they'll be a spinoff. Money, money, money. They'll try and squeeze every dime from this francise. Every last cent.

There will be a book four.

Personally, I want the series to start over. New characters, etc. Same world, different story. Could be in the past or in the future.

Ugh, money is the root of all evil. But the 'have new characters' idea is an interesting one, kinda like the different CSI shows: you can compare what one character would do in the situation. And, just like HP7, if Book 3 would be the end, it would be THE END. No more Avatar. I don't think the most purist fan would want that.

tyleefresh

[108]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 2

NRPREZ1 wrote:

it goes water earth fire air

nor air water earth fire, air comes last not first, so there could be a book 4 air

MarryLarry

[109]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 11
    tyleefresh wrote:

NRPREZ1 wrote:

nor air water earth fire, air comes last not first, so there could be a book 4 air

a cycle is a circle and therefore has no end, although if you use a little math when Roku says in the Deserter he has mastered the elements a 1000 times in a 1000 lives, you can deduce the first element the first avatar learned was airbending, not necessarily meaning the first avatar was born an air nomad just that was the first element he/she learned

so that makes Yangchen 997, Kuruk 998, Kyoshi 999, Roku 1000, and Aang 1001st avatar

what does this have to do with the topic you ask? why absolutely nothing just a neat tidbit of info I felt like sharing with the rest of you

SgtHydra

[110]Jun 27, 2007
    MarryLarry wrote:
    tyleefresh wrote:

NRPREZ1 wrote:

a cycle is a circle and therefore has no end, although if you use a little math when Roku says in the Deserter he has mastered the elements a 1000 times in a 1000 lives, you can deduce the first element the first avatar learned was airbending, not necessarily meaning the first avatar was born an air nomad just that was the first element he/she learned

so that makes Yangchen 997, Kuruk 998, Kyoshi 999, Roku 1000, and Aang 1001st avatar

what does this have to do with the topic you ask? why absolutely nothing just a neat tidbit of info I felt like sharing with the rest of you

Ever think that it could be an infinate cycle, but the history is finite. Think of this: there has been an infinate amount of avatars, wars, nations, etc, but history itself is finite. So there could of been multiple creations and apocalypses.

Its from battestar galactica: "Everything has happened before, everything will happen again."

dafrogg

[111]Jun 27, 2007
    • level: 5

katara226 wrote:
    And the cycle is Water, Earth, Fire, Air instead of the order posted.

This one be right, Air is the actually the last element in the cycle. Thus more than likely the hardest to learn less born into the element, as Aang was.

Frankly tho I'd like to see a book four for air. The avatar isn't some guy who only shows up when there is some huge trouble he's around all the time. The balance has to be constantly maintained not a once in a while pop in and fix stuff then disapear into the night kinda thing. There could still be plenty to do, troops that are not giving up there posts, or troops that broke off and are still fighting. Other issues and warlords cropping up. I'd venture Azula wouldn't be to happy the avatar won and might take some troops and try to continue it. They could also have Aang searching for airbenders and fixing the temple. If he doesn't then how would the avatar be reborn into air when the cycle repeats.

corea10

[112]Jul 15, 2007
    a really good idea that they could use and could put into consideration because if there is a fourth book it will take forever. but what they could do is what if they didnt defeat the fire lord? they werent strong enough or something else happened so they didnt defeat him. so they manage to escape and they leave to an issolated area where they just train. and lets say like 7-10 years later they come back older more experienced and alot stronger. and they world is completley controled bu the fire nation. and is now in more trouble then before. were they start making an elite group of people. such as Huru form the first book, Suki(if she lives), and some other people from they journey. so they make the last journey to the fire nation to defeat the fire lord. but they make some stops on the way. they meet the old friends and decide to get some kind of army thing going on. so they start the rebelion army. and they can decide to go to the swamp where ang got his vision of Toff. but when they get there, the tree would be cut down and the fire nation would be there making a muck about it. and they et mad, and drive the fire nation out and this is the turning point of where they want to serious and have the true potential of them and become awsome and powerful. but something like that. they get to the original island of fire nation and they infiltrate them and start beating the fire nation. and some stuff would happen. and in one episode they could do is when they are in the palace, they could have a series of fights, such as the baby that we meet in when ang finds out that Omashu is taken over by the fire nation. so tom tom would be all grown up and would be a firebende and he would fight one of the group/ or all something like that. there would be awsome bending and coolness. so they get passed him and move on. they would meet Mai and Tai lee. and fight them or something like Soakka and Tai Lee would flirt or something. and then come Azula andd Katara would fight her and win because she is the best ever. and then move on to the fire lord. but to there finding its Zuko who became fire lord. and hopefully he can control the avatar state. even though this is my idea but it cant be said to make it more interesting if we dont know. so Zuko and Ang would duke it out. and Katarra would try to help out but she gets hurt and then ang goes into the avaar state and defeat Zuko or another possibility is Ang convincses him to be good. and then after all of that they could do is ang finds some kind of trace of Airbenders that could still be alive so he goes and finds them. and he does find them and later he becomes the leader of the air nation. Zuko of the Fire nation, TOff of the Earth Nation, and Katarra of the water nation. and they live happily ever after. something like that. if anyone have any ideas about my idea then please tell me.

clearwater04

[113]Jul 15, 2007

Sooo what would season 4 be about? Defeating all the high ranked army officials of the firenation?

madcowe

[114]Jul 16, 2007
    why is it that on the nick.com website, the episodes start from 101 and not 1? it is not as if they are actually going to make a season for the past 100years aang disapeared right? But i am sure some intelligent person should know the answer.

MarryLarry

[115]Jul 16, 2007

You rang?

101 is the production number which is short for season 1 episode 1

113 would be season 1 episode 13

207 season 2 episode 7

etc. I think you get the point.

madcowe

[116]Jul 16, 2007
    MarryLarry wrote:

You rang?

101 is the production number which is short for season 1 episode 1

113 would be season 1 episode 13

207 season 2 episode 7

etc. I think you get the point.

I see. Thank you intelligent helper.and i am not level 1

Edited on 07/16/2007 12:35am
    Edited 2 total times.

TVGUY2007

[117]Jul 16, 2007

Season 4 will happen I bet.

shabahh

[118]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 14
    I don't see another season. A whole season of learning fire bending and another season of fighting the Fire Lord just seems too dragged out. More air benders too me ruins the show. If he's the last one, keep it the last one. And rebuilding after defeating Ozai too me is not needed and boring. You defeated the biggest threat in the world, now they have to deal with remnants. Woopdeedoo. Just end it with the threat gone and knowing everything will return to order slowly.

Look at Star Wars, they ended Return of the Jedi with defeating the Emperor and saving the galaxy, great ending right there. No need for showing rebuilding. Once the greatest threat is gone, that's it. And if there's some other great enemy that comes, I see it for the sake of making new episodes and unoriginal. I do see a movie though being put in. Which is the final fight, and showing some rebuilding after.

ebreeyum

[119]Jul 16, 2007

At first I thought maybe it could be about Aang discovering all his lost people. But then if there were more airbenders it wouldn't be Avatar: The Last Airbender. It would be Avatar: One of Many Airbenders.

Good theory about no last book. But maybe there will be one, for symmetry?

madcowe

[120]Jul 16, 2007
    TVGUY2007 wrote:

Season 4 will happen I bet.

im with tvguy even if it doesnt happen.