We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

lastchancexi

[62]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 4
    It's somewhat common knowledge that Avatar was originally planned to run for 60 eps/3 seasons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dragonlord9753

[63]Oct 30, 2006
    DUH

DygitalNinja

[64]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 11
    If they do a season 4 then maybe the Air book should just be a prequel to the show...showing how Aang learned Airbending before we was trapped in an iceburg for 100 years

or they could focus the story on one of Aangs past (future) lifes...that would be interesting

masterofaeons

[65]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 15
    Or tell a completely different story.

etherfreeze

[66]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 3
    DygitalNinja wrote:
    If they do a season 4 then maybe the Air book should just be a prequel to the show...showing how Aang learned Airbending before we was trapped in an iceburg for 100 years

or they could focus the story on one of Aangs past (future) lifes...that would be interesting

yea that's a good idea

or i've been thinking it could just be a sub - book with no huge conflict or impending doom, just tieing together loose ends as other have put it and showing the avatar returning order to the world (I'm sure after the war ends everything will still be in shambles).

Floweramon

[67]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 5
    I dunno, I think a full set of "books" would be best. They could do it like, Water, Earth, Fire, Air.

If there was a fifth one, I suppose "Spirit." I dunno.

spooky51

[68]Nov 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    Doesn't seem right if there isn't a full set 4 books.

It's probably too gruesome, especially for Nick, but I'd end the war on Fire (Book 3), only they lose. They can't stop the comet, the world they know burns in the fires, and Aang's stuck for Book 4 (air, spirit, whatever) trying to restore some sort of balance, perhaps trying to find a way to go back and save things, or questing through the spirit world to find his friends. But again, that scenario is ballsy, not to mention too gruesome for Nick.

I don't know. I'm still sort of eager to see what the guru has to teach Aang and where they're going with the spirit world aspect.

Elemential

[69]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 3
    I think book four is needed. It a great way to end the whole show. How? For one as we realize the Fire Nation isn't corrupt on it's own with just the Fire Lord. I think it's going to be important to show how Zuko reclaims the throne to the Fire Nation. How Aang rebuilds the the Air Temples and create a new nation of Air Nomads. Just how the gang will restore balance to the World and how Aang will establish harmony between the Natural World and the Spirit World. Who wouldn't want to see that!
    Edited on 11/10/2006 8:35am

adidaZuko

[70]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 7
    Personally, I couldn't care for a fourth book. Your theory makes a lot of sense and I thought that, too, but I heard that the creators had origanlly intended the show only to be three books long (maybe like the three bending nations that are still in existence: Water, Earth and Fire). Plus, I don't want the show to be dragged on with no real story line. Once he's??defeated the fire lord, then what? I just don't want them to create shows just for the sake of creating shows, if they have good stories, then by all means add a fourth season I'd love to see it, but if not, don't bother, it'd just be an insult to some of the previous, well-written episodes of the show.

Bluefiremaster

[71]Nov 19, 2006
    • level: 6
    I think they should have a fourth season because once Oazi is defeated there will be other questions to find out like: Who will be the next Fire Lord, how will the other Nations recovor, how do we know the firebenders won't attack again, who will the next Avatar learn airbending from if there is no airbenders revealed in season 3 and what will the group do after the Nations come to peace?

Smileandbehappy

[72]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 2
    I did not read all of the other messages but I read someware that the writers/dierectors pland for there to be three books but they might plan on going past the reagular plan and make epsiodes past the firenaition one so I think there will not be and air book I think all of the flashbacks sortof work for that

the_mental_teen

[73]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 12
    Their SHOULD be 4 books, we still need to see what happens after the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai and the new Fire Nation ruled by Zuko.

lastchancexi

[74]Nov 20, 2006
    the_mental_teen wrote:
    They're SHOULDN'T be 4 books, we don't need to see what happens after the defeat of Fire Lord Ozai and the new Fire Nation ruled by Zuko.

Well said.

masterofaeons

[75]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 15
    What? No political intrigue? It's like Episode 1 all over again!

starmoon30

[76]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 11
    Yah their should definitely be a forth season. Three seasons is not enough for such a great show.

Maylene

[77]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 13
    starmoon30 wrote:
    Yah their should definitely be a forth season. Three seasons is not enough for such a great show.

Agreed. Maybe even beyond season 4, this can't end with just 60 episodes. Too short.

JasonG2006

[78]Nov 20, 2006
    • level: 9
    as the opening theme goes...

Water, Earth, Fire, Air...

there remains a chance

triple_x_gamer

[79]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 1

I think they should make a fourth book.If they do make an air book it should be about how aang finds the air nomads, if??he ever does. Which i think he should because of Malu the ghost which,an airbaender i saw on a trading card.Although, the one problem is the comet. They said the comet was gonna appear in summer, which in the show is not so long from now.So i do think the show is gonna end in the 3rd season, i hope it doesnt.I hope the creators find a way to keep the story going and I hope aang eventually finds the air nomads.

goldensage830

[80]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 2

Personally, I think the series should end with "Fire", with a one-episode epilogue titled "Air".