We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

zachman9393

[41]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 15
    Hmmm.?? An interesting topic.?? As long as they don't make it cheesy or ruin the originality, I'll be fine with a Book 4.?? Maybe it could be what they all do as they grow up, maybe a bit of Aang and Katara gettin' married or something, maybe Zuko becomign Fire Lord and making sure no more stupid wars break out, etc etc.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shimblue

[42]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 8
    So that's how you spell it. Thanks for boosting up my vocabulary.

SaitoGatotsu58

[43]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 11

WiseIroh wrote:
    Book 1: Water Book 2: Earth Book 3: Fire *Book 4: Mastering the elements * *Book 5: The Fire Nation *Book 6: the Solar Eclipse *Book 7: Path to the Firelord * if te show remains as popular as it is now it just depends on the creativity.

I think that 7 books is a little excessive.?? However, I liked the way that you??gave??Book 4 a name other than "Air".??

Come on, people.?? Book 4 does??not necessarily have to be named "Air".?? Don't think that a fourth book is not possible just??because it would have to be called that.

mistaria

[44]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 7
    I really trust the creators on this one. So far they have done an excellent job of providing us with a great story that is actually going somewhere. So. ::shrugs:: I'd love for there to be tons of Avatar seasons but we dont want them to overkill it so I'm sure when it ends we will be able to see why it ended when it did and the good of doing so. We dont want Av to get like Friends where they're reaching for plots just because of the appeal of the show.

mistaria

[45]Oct 18, 2006
    And who knows? Maybe they'll come up with some kind of interesting spin-off series or a completely different series after Avatar ends that will be just as interesting but totally new.

FrozenKitty

[46]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 3
    AirNomad wrote:
    They do not need to make a "Book 4:Air" because Aang has already mastered air. That is what the arrow on his head means.

not neccescerly. in the confrence that Gyatso had with the head Air Monk, ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? Aang was to go to the Eastern Air Temple to complete his training. seeing that he never made it there he didn't fully master airbending.
    Edited on 10/18/2006 4:18pm

Falcondude123

[47]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 10
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    I think the first three books would be about Aang mastering about the other elements. Then the fourth book would be about the final battles with the Fire Lord.

Finally someone says it right! Book 1-Aang learns waterbending and saves North Pole.
    Book 2-Aang learns earthbending and saves Ba Sing Se(the drill).
    Book 3-Aang learns firebending.
    Book 4-Aang defeats badguys

After that, who knows...maybe the earth kingdom will go evil and start invading everybody!

gunswordfist

[48]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 4
    Good theory but remember this. The book for air could stand for rebirth. Meaning that Aang thinks he knows himself (just like he thinks he has mastered Airbending) but by the time the show reaches Book 4, I can guarantee you that Aang will have some doubts about himself and will start to become a new person. Understand?

electricblue18

[49]Oct 18, 2006
    I have a great idea...
    Lets wait until a season 4 is officially announced!!!!!!!!!!
    WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    haha i dont really care... make all the theories that you want. I will be waiting patiently for it to be announced or taken off the air. Hopefully it be announced.

gunswordfist

[50]Oct 18, 2006
    But discussing intelligent theories makes waiting for Season easier. So why not?

FrozenKitty

[51]Oct 18, 2006
    gunswordfist wrote:
    But discussing intelligent theories makes waiting for Season easier. So why not?

exactly!!!

gunswordfist

[52]Oct 18, 2006
    I'm glad you see it my way. Discussing theories on Avatar really gets me even more excited about episodes to come. Just thinking about what will happen next makes it that much better. Besides, talking about it will make Nick's messed up schedule of not showing a new episode every week much more painless. lol

kataangalways

[53]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    zachman9393 wrote:
    Hmmm.?? An interesting topic.?? As long as they don't make it cheesy or ruin the originality, I'll be fine with a Book 4.?? Maybe it could be what they all do as they grow up, maybe a bit of Aang and Katara gettin' married or something, maybe Zuko becomign Fire Lord and making sure no more stupid wars break out, etc etc.

I'd like that!! Besides, if Avatar ended at Book 3, it would feel too short!

thebeckster12

[54]Oct 19, 2006
    That and there is no good plot to have once aang defets the firelord

PrimoNation

[55]Oct 19, 2006

FrozenKitty wrote:
    gunswordfist wrote:
    exactly!!!

AND we always have something to hope for, afterall... wasn't Star Trek originally suppose to be a "5 year mission"???

AND isn't that what they constantly point out to us throughout the series ... "the Avatar symbolizes HOPE"

orangewhoit

[56]Oct 19, 2006
    I think that having the ATLA series is fine with just being 3 seasons. It already one if not he best animation show out there. I think that its better to have a quality 3 seasons then to drag it on. You don't want it to be like bleach where its good at first and then it drags on and on or like naruto. *shivers*

dianaerienne

[57]Oct 28, 2006
    • level: 1
    YOU ARE ALL FORGETING SOMETHING!!!! EVIL NEVER DIES IT IS REBORN---WHY ELSE WOULD THERE BE CENTURIES AND AEONS OF AVATAR'S NEEDED....THEY BRING BALANCE AND AS WE ALL KNOW LIFE NEEDS A BALANCER i.e. .. AN AVATAR....ANOTHER THREAT WILL CALL FOR ANOTHER AVATAR...A WOMAN ,,,A WATERBENDER PERHAPS AN ANCESTOR OF AANG AND KATARA,,,,,(ANOTHER REASON THEY BELONG TOGETHER,,) another life of mastering all the four elements...we all love aang but the story lives on because the avatar is needed,,,,

mikho928

[58]Oct 29, 2006

dianaerienne wrote:
    YOU ARE ALL FORGETING SOMETHING!!!! EVIL NEVER DIES IT IS REBORN---WHY ELSE WOULD THERE BE CENTURIES AND AEONS OF AVATAR'S NEEDED....THEY BRING BALANCE AND AS WE ALL KNOW LIFE NEEDS A BALANCER i.e. .. AN AVATAR....ANOTHER THREAT WILL CALL FOR ANOTHER AVATAR...A WOMAN ,,,A WATERBENDER PERHAPS AN ANCESTOR OF AANG AND KATARA,,,,,(ANOTHER REASON THEY BELONG TOGETHER,,) another life of mastering all the four elements...we all love aang but the story lives on because the avatar is needed,,,,

Well not really, things can have a way of just balancing themselves out, take our world for example every superpower the earth has seen has risen and fallen with time, this could be applied to the fire Nation, even if they ended up succeeding they would eventually crumble under their own sheer size and corruptness. Maybe the Avatar is not needed at all, they are just a safety net.

Edited on 10/28/2006 11:20pm

pottergurl17

[59]Oct 29, 2006
    • level: 5
    mikho928 wrote:

Well not really, things can have a way of just balancing themselves out, take our world for example every superpower the earth has seen has risen and fallen with time, this could be applied to the fire Nation, even if they ended up succeeding they would eventually crumble under their own sheer size and corruptness. Maybe the Avatar is not needed at all, they are just a safety net.

Excellent point! Personally I would love to see a fourth season air, as a Book Four: AIR. Even if the third season doesn't mean defeating the fire lord. Who knows, as of right now, Azula is the heir to the Fire Throne. If Aang defeats Ozai, he know has Azula to stop but I think that is taking it too far. Reading the other posts, makes me think that the cylce should be completed in order for this series to end: starting with water and ending with air.

gotenks0709

[60]Oct 30, 2006
    • level: 5
    Actually I would of thought of air being book #3 then finishing it off with fire as book #4. I mean the airbenders could have found a way to save some of their people and hide out at a hidden temple while the others stayed back and fought the fire nation. I would think of the air chapters as aang founding out how to become stronger in his own element before the big battle since the biggest element he'd be counting on is air because it's his natural element. Who knows maybe he would run into a new generation of monks from the air temple(happened in samurai jack).