We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

SgtHydra

[121]Jul 16, 2007
    • level: 10
    ebreeyum wrote:

At first I thought maybe it could be about Aang discovering all his lost people. But then if there were more airbenders it wouldn't be Avatar: The Last Airbender. It would be Avatar: One of Many Airbenders.

Good theory about no last book. But maybe there will be one, for symmetry?

I don't want to have one about aang finding airbenders... after defeating the Fire Lord, things will just get boring. I'm still wanting that new character one... come on... fresh start... new ships to fight over... its all good!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

eclipse312

[122]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 2

I don't think their will be a book 4 first of all in the season 3 promo at the very end they show aang in a monk outfit and what looks to be a new glider. he is perched on a rooftop on what looks like air bending temple or village. It doesn't look deserted so that leaves me to believe that he finds airbenders in season 3 after the war.

MarryLarry

[123]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 11

How many times has this Q been asked?

There WILL be more seasons with brand new characters. Though I'm not sure if it will be called Book 4: Air.

_Blind_Bandit_

[124]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 15
    MarryLarry wrote:

How many times has this Q been asked?

There WILL be more seasons with brand new characters. Though I'm not sure if it will be called Book 4: Air.

why did you guy bring back a thread from 2005?

DarkNinja1994

[125]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 27
    As much as I would hate to see Avatar go, you do have a point.

esquisofrenic

[126]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 18
    i hope is that great charcter like aang ,azula and toph will never forget

Hiei1314

[127]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 8

NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.

I thought it was obvious to everyone that there wouldn't be a Book 4: Air I agree that there won't be a season four, but not for those reasons.

The cycle is Water, Earth, Fire, Air, they said so in the theme "song." Just because Aang is an airbender doesn't mean that that's how the official cycle goes. But yes, for Aang specifically it's Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Now that that's out of the way: The seasons/books are named by the element that Aang learns that season. That's how the seasons are divided. That much is obvious to anyone. So why would they have a season four: Air if Aang already knows Airbending? Now all Aang needs to do is learn Fire. So I don't know why everyone is looking forward to book Air Don't get me wrong, I'd love for there to be a fourth season, but according to the facts I don't see one coming

MarryLarry

[128]Aug 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    Hiei1314 wrote:

NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.

I thought it was obvious to everyone that there wouldn't be a Book 4: Air I agree that there won't be a season four, but not for those reasons.

The cycle is Water, Earth, Fire, Air, they said so in the theme "song." Just because Aang is an airbender doesn't mean that that's how the official cycle goes. But yes, for Aang specifically it's Air, Water, Earth, Fire. Now that that's out of the way: The seasons/books are named by the element that Aang learns that season. That's how the seasons are divided. That much is obvious to anyone. So why would they have a season four: Air if Aang already knows Airbending? Now all Aang needs to do is learn Fire. So I don't know why everyone is looking forward to book Air Don't get me wrong, I'd love for there to be a fourth season, but according to the facts I don't see one coming

grrrrr...I'm a grizzly bear. Look at my previous post. It was confirmed by Bryan (one of the show's creators) at Comic Con. The entire panel is up on youtube but it seems like most of the forum has not seen it yet.

Omerta2

[129]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 1

Although your facts are plausable i dont see why there shouldn't be a book 4 air. For one thats the cycle so it would make sense to have all four books, also for 2 i agree with what another guy said (on page 1) that considering the show is so popular, why wouldnt the creators make a fourth book or more to make more money. Also if you take time to think about it, there are many things the fourth book 'air' could be. It could be that when aang discovers the rest of the airbenders it is them who are forced to defeat the firenation (hence the name of the book). Also it could be that Aang discovers a new airbender who shows him that in actual fact aang is not that great at airbending and teaches him new things.

P.S sorry for the long post

Also what r u talking about on youtube marrylarry

Edited on 09/16/2007 7:40am

anime1023

[130]Sep 16, 2007
    • level: 30

this is confusing

ok heres the answer: i realy REALY want them to have a book 4:air but i dont think that will happen ok aang is an airbender he knows airbending in book 1 he needed to master water bending. in book 2 he needed to master earth bending and in book 3 he needs to master firebending, in book 4 he needs to master airbending? no he knows it already

but still i realy want them to be a 4th season

ice_bender

[131]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 1

My theory:

Season 3 fire-fight toward fire nation capital while learning fire bending. Trying to get there when the eclipse comes. Then they somehow fail

Season 4 air- The comet arrives. Aang hasto somehow beat the fire lord at the height of his power.

Make sense?

ShadowfaxSTF

[132]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 9

Okay, to those of you who've NOT been here very long and believe Book 4 is possible, I need to explain something...

At the 2007 San Diego ComicCon expo, fans got to have an actual Q&A talk with co-creator Bryan Konietzko. One of the most asked (and repeatedly answered) questions was whether Season 3 was the last season, and the answer was that this story had been designed & planned for only 3 seasons. They have no intention of stretching the story out beyond that.

They are quote "done" with Avatar: The Last Airbender.

However, he also said that Mike & himself are NOT DONE with the "Avatar World" and are cooking up some ideas. They may make a new show, but though it'll take place in the familiar element-bending Avatar world, it will be based on entirely new plot and new characters.

Edited on 09/19/2007 8:43am
    Edited 3 total times.

anime1023

[133]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 30
    ShadowfaxSTF wrote:

Okay, to those of you who've NOT been here very long and believe Book 4 is possible, I need to explain something...

At the 2007 San Diego ComicCon expo, fans got to have an actual Q&A talk with co-creator Bryan Konietzko. One of the most asked (and repeatedly answered) questions was whether Season 3 was the last season, and the answer was that this story had been designed & planned for only 3 seasons. They have no intention of stretching the story out beyond that.

They are quote "done" with Avatar: The Last Airbender.

However, he also said that Mike & himself are NOT DONE with the "Avatar World" and are cooking up some ideas. They may make a new show, but though it'll take place in the familiar element-bending Avatar world, it will be based on entirely new plot and new characters.

i hope the new seasons (season 4 and 5) are good

Aang222

[134]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 5

Everyone don't worry about there being four seasons...............................................THERE'S GONNA BE 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been renewed for three more seasons thanks (Or because of) to Nick!!

You probably don't believe me though.

Edited on 09/25/2007 5:24pm

avrurakinninami

[135]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 21
    Aang222 wrote:

Everyone don't worry about there being four seasons...............................................THERE'S GONNA BE 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You probably don't believe me though.

Why not 9 ?

Aang222

[136]Sep 25, 2007
    • level: 5
    I donno.

avrurakinninami

[137]Sep 25, 2007
    The problems is that every books was related to a different country or part of the planet, unless they go on flying island, I dont know where they are going to do it ! maybe the rise of the airbenders and air nomads

esquisofrenic

[138]Sep 25, 2007
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    The problems is that every books was related to a different country or part of the planet, unless they go on flying island, I dont know where they are going to do it ! maybe the rise of the airbenders and air nomads
    maybe aang will have alot of children and they will be the new generation of air nomad XD

avrurakinninami

[139]Sep 25, 2007
    esquisofrenic wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    maybe aang will have alot of children and they will be the new generation of air nomad XD

Busy year for Aang. I dont if he will be ready for that kind of ''love''

esquisofrenic

[140]Sep 25, 2007
    avrurakinninami wrote:
    esquisofrenic wrote:
    avrurakinninami wrote:

Busy year for Aang. I dont if he will be ready for that kind of ''love''
    Don't worry the mother of all air nomad will be katara so he will enjoy make children with her XD