We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

joeking14

[201]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 8
    SATHWAKA wrote:
    joeking14 wrote:
    SATHWAKA wrote:
    they dont let women on the thron!

You source is?

Have you ever heard of a girl on the thron if you have please tell me

Your source is that out of the 3 Fire Lords we know none of them are Female, wow great source btw I am being sarcastic. If you are going to say that a certain gender can't do this beause we haven't seen them do it you need alot more cases then three.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LittleHobbit13

[202]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 17

It was announced that while Aang and Co.'s story will "terminate with an epic battle" at the end of Book 3, there *will* be a Book 4. It will cover other aspects of the Avatar world.

I can't seem to find the original article that said this, but here's another source to back this up.

TheBLUESPIRIT86

[203]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    joeking14 wrote:
    SATHWAKA wrote:
    joeking14 wrote:
    SATHWAKA wrote:
    they dont let women on the thron!

You source is?

Have you ever heard of a girl on the thron if you have please tell me

Your source is that out of the 3 Fire Lords we know none of them are Female, wow great source btw I am being sarcastic. If you are going to say that a certain gender can't do this beause we haven't seen them do it you need alot more cases then three.

the main reason the firelord banished zuko was so that azula could become firelord! because he realize azulas anger and talent that would finish his footsteps.

joeking14

[204]Mar 22, 2008
    LittleHobbit13 wrote:

It was announced that while Aang and Co.'s story will "terminate with an epic battle" at the end of Book 3, there *will* be a Book 4. It will cover other aspects of the Avatar world.

I can't seem to find the original article that said this, but here's another source to back this up.

They said they wanted to make another season not that they will be.

LittleHobbit13

[205]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 17

Yes, but if you'll read my post carefully, I said that was not the original source by which I learned this. There was another article I read that didn't use words like "want to" or "maybe" and said that they would be. I just can't find that article because it was months ago when I read it.

I'm not saying that there's definitely going to be one, because in the end sh*t happens that can change what you thought were definite plans.

huladog123

[206]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 5
    it's already confirmed that aang's story is ending with this season, and episodes 312-321 haven't aired yet in the USA, so that's plenty of time for the story to unfold.

Uchiha0000

[207]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    I think they're rushing it personally. Season 3 especially. It doesn't seem like they're tying up that many of the loose ends they've left along the way to the finale. Either they'll need another season or Book to wrap it, our finale will have tons of loose ends, or our finale will be spent wrapping them all up in some weird way.

coooooooo

[208]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 5
    Theres no season 4

chess19

[209]May 13, 2008
    • level: 3

Well, as much as I'd love to have more Avatar, in the end, I really can't see a 4th season either. As to the original post on this long thread of debatingness, the titles of he seasons really are up for grabs, they could represent both the elements Aang masters and the location where the action takes place. It's really a moot point anyways. Either way, Aang isn't gonna have to "master" airbending and it's not like they could write a season focusing around the air tribes anyways. Personally, I feel that the geographical area interpretation of the titles is most reasonable. Book one focused around the water tribes, and ended with the Seige of the North. Book two focused on the Earth Kingdom, and ended with the fall of it. Book 3 has been entirely in the firenation, so far. But, it's also true that Aang mastered waterbending in book one, earthbending in book 2 and firebending in book 3 (we assume).

In reality a season 4 is wishful thinking. Personally, though, I could see an extension on the season 3. What's left, 12 episodes to conclude the series? It seems like that's gonna be hard, especially if tehy intend to contain any of the usual fillerish episodes that are so common in avatar. There's alot of stuff that really needs to popup again... The White Lotus thing, bloodbending, still waiting on an advanced airbending technique, though that'll probably be used against the lord.

speechless8582

[210]May 13, 2008
    • level: 12
    chess19 wrote:

Well, as much as I'd love to have more Avatar, in the end, I really can't see a 4th season either. As to the original post on this long thread of debatingness, the titles of he seasons really are up for grabs, they could represent both the elements Aang masters and the location where the action takes place. It's really a moot point anyways. Either way, Aang isn't gonna have to "master" airbending and it's not like they could write a season focusing around the air tribes anyways. Personally, I feel that the geographical area interpretation of the titles is most reasonable. Book one focused around the water tribes, and ended with the Seige of the North. Book two focused on the Earth Kingdom, and ended with the fall of it. Book 3 has been entirely in the firenation, so far. But, it's also true that Aang mastered waterbending in book one, earthbending in book 2 and firebending in book 3 (we assume).

In reality a season 4 is wishful thinking. Personally, though, I could see an extension on the season 3. What's left, 12 episodes to conclude the series? It seems like that's gonna be hard, especially if tehy intend to contain any of the usual fillerish episodes that are so common in avatar. There's alot of stuff that really needs to popup again... The White Lotus thing, bloodbending, still waiting on an advanced airbending technique, though that'll probably be used against the lord.

woah...what page did you find this on?

anyways, yeah, i agree, no book 4.

acolit1

[211]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 1
    after seeing the end of avatar i think its very possible if they wanted to make a book 4 air it could be about aang and his people a very close up image of his people and how they where takin out form the airbender point and aang discovers something new like there still alive and is know searching for them i think the monks escaped on the bisons-some of them sozins attack was used with the power of the comet i think but theres a slight chance that some of them where able to escape and zuko finding out what happend to his mother and where she is know

hkulka2974

[212]Jul 19, 2008
    it has already been confirmed by bryke that THERE WILL BE NO BOOK 4 AIR. these characters stories' are done. although someone on the SC thread said that on wikipedia it said that bryke mentioned that they were working on a new avatar show based on an incarnate of aang

sharpguard

[213]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 12
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.
    And in this corner,Captain 0bvious!(no flaming intended)

acolit1

[214]Jul 19, 2008
    hkulka2974 wrote:
    it has already been confirmed by bryke that THERE WILL BE NO BOOK 4 AIR. these characters stories' are done. although someone on the SC thread said that on wikipedia it said that bryke mentioned that they were working on a new avatar show based on an incarnate of aang

yeah i know its over if it wasent it would have not said The End

acolit1

[215]Jul 19, 2008
    each element and a 2nd stage like firebending you can do lighting and waterbending you can do blood bending and earthbending you can control metal and i herd air was a climate control

jonnywill36

[216]Jul 20, 2008
    Okay so we all know Avatar was a great series and in my opinion the best series on nick, but will there be a forth book? No. The show officially ended when the 2 hour long movie ended. Some will say there should have been a new book others like me say that it would be overkill to add a new book air. The main mission has been complete there is no reason to continue another book. However, there would be no reason to not make a whole new avatar series, like a reincarnation of aang in his future life. Yes we all love all the present characters but it would still be interesting to see what they could come up with in this new adventure. even though it would not be the same it would still be worth watching. I did some research and according to wikipedia that is what is going to happen: "Nickelodeon ordered a third and final season, which began on September 21, 2007 and will feature twenty-one episodes rather than the usual twenty.The final four episodes will be packaged as a two-hour movie. Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko (The Creators) have also confirmed that a new series of Avatar, focusing on another incarnation of the character, is in the process of being made."
    Edited on 07/21/2008 11:33pm

snowboard627

[217]Jul 20, 2008

Hey ur theory makes sense and its making me change my opinion about another book existing, but if u watched Sozins Comet (the movie on Nick) at the end u will see that Zuko asks his dad where his mother is, and they quickly change the scence and end the movie without showing Zuko's dad telling Zuko where Zuko's mom is. Also, Azula never died, she was just chain handcuffed by Katara and left in the fire nation temple place. Maybe shes in jail? Plus there could be something else in book 4 as in Aang and Katara's child learning and mastering airbending perhaps?(thats after they get married)or just a story about some other random guy who dosent know the avatar to be tring to learn airbending, or something. Lol, but we have to wait to see what happens, that is if it happens.

ColtsPenguins

[218]Jul 20, 2008
    • level: 23
    their making live action movies but i'm pretty sure no book 4

Fire_Nomad

[219]Jul 20, 2008
    snowboard627 wrote:

Hey ur theory makes sense and its making me change my opinion about another book existing, but if u watched Sozins Comet (the movie on Nick) at the end u will see that Zuko asks his dad where his mother is, and they quickly change the scence and end the movie without showing Zuko's dad telling Zuko where Zuko's mom is. Also, Azula never died, she was just chain handcuffed by Katara and left in the fire nation temple place. Maybe shes in jail? Plus there could be something else in book 4 as in Aang and Katara's child learning and mastering airbending perhaps?(thats after they get married)or just a story about some other random guy who dosent know the avatar to be tring to learn airbending, or something. Lol, but we have to wait to see what happens, that is if it happens.

i think that your rihgt. i also think that they could make a whole other avatar seiries about the avatar after aang, or aangs son. though, that would have to make the timeling a ways in the future. OR, what would make the story really interesting, is if there was a small hidden group of airbenders that survived the war and have been hiding from the outside world! and also,, toph is the greatest earth beander ever, so it would be interesting if she became the earth king....queen, and...well....something exiting....

NRPREZ1

[220]Jul 20, 2008

sharpguard wrote:
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.
    And in this corner,Captain 0bvious!(no flaming intended)

Dude I know you said "no Flaming intended" but in my defense check the date on my original post 12/09/2005. N E way the series is over and Mike and Bryan have long said that book 3 was THE END of this story arch. This is also the end of this thread. Mod/Admin please lock this useless thread.