We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

tvis4me

[81]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    goldensage830 wrote:

Personally, I think the series should end with "Fire", with a one-episode epilogue titled "Air".

I'm with what you said...I mean his natural element is air so i dont know why it would need a whole season..But if they could make a book for Air and not end up watering the show down I"m all for it
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haha287

[82]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 1
    Well alot of the Season ideas are great ideas, but only three seasons of this cool show? Hmmm maybe, i dunno, but a fourth would be the best i think because maybe every element should be covered, and that there are a bunch of stories and twists we don't know yet, as seeing the end of the "crossroads of destiny", but the writrers i'm guessing are going to make it hard to tell who knows, but i'd like the story to go on for a while and mature into 4 seasons, thats just me.

ElJorro

[83]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 7
    According to news report the third season will be the last.....but then again seeing what happens AFTER would be interesting. I mean they have to rebuild the world and there will probably be rougue generals left. I see potential in that. We'll see

goddess19

[84]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 2
    Have you ever thought that maybe the fourth book will not be Air. The creaters could make it about the Spitit world. We still don't know that much about it, and that only Iroh and Aang have been there. Then we have Koh he might return, we could know more about him. Then Aang could defeat F.L Ozai in book 4 because the whole time in book 3 he will be learning how to fire bend. That is just what I think

Hiphop03

[85]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 24

I hope they make season 3 40 episodes if they are not going to have a fourth...i heard a lot of people saying there shouldnt be a 4th season cause he mastered it already,,,so what,,it could be about aangs past and stuff like that..

jtkode

[86]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 25
    i wonder if they do have a season four or five then what would they call that ...ice lol

legersem

[87]Jan 30, 2007
    • level: 20

I agree with everyone who says that at the end of the third Book, Aang will either not defeat the Fire Lord or simply not go against him. Frankly, he is not in a position to be going anywhere near the Fire Lord's palace. I am going on the end of the second season, and even though he has ninteen more episodes to make something happen (which is a lot of time), with the Earth Kingdom conquered, the Air Nomads killed, and the Water Tribes barely able to fend off one attack (and that was with Aang there) the possibility of Aang attacking the palace with only himself, Katara, Sokka, Toph, and whoever they find to be Aang's firebending teacher is laughable. Even though Books 1 and 2 were about Aang mastering water- and earthbending, Aang still hasn't done that. If you remember, in The Library, Aang says that he practices with Toph and Katara every day, meaning that he still doesn't have waterbending down, even though he supposedly did at the end of the first season. He still probably doesn't have earthbending mastered, even though it seems as though he does. The idea of a fourth Book is more plausible because it gives him more time to prepare, matser the elements, get Azula and the Dai Li out of Ba Sing Se and put the Earth King back on the throne, and help bring the Water Tribes together. It would also give him time to find more Air Nomads, if there are any which there probably are otherwise that would mean no more Avatar after another cycle.

Sorry if this is kinda long, but I had a lot on my mind...

clearwater04

[88]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 10
    the show will have too many looseends so it needs another season to finish up the series.

jtkode

[89]Jan 31, 2007
    true true..they cant have a water earth and fire one without air...why are they going to end it anyway!

Hiphop03

[90]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 24

jtkode wrote:
    true true..they cant have a water earth and fire one without air...why are they going to end it anyway!

I know ,,i hope they do 5 seasons...lol

legersem

[91]Jan 31, 2007
    • level: 20
    The problem with keeping the show going is that they are eventually going to run out of ideas. I mean, there is only so much you can do and once you introduce (I'm not saying they will or should) more bending styles, there really isn't anything else you can do.

jtkode

[92]Jan 31, 2007
    legersem wrote:
    The problem with keeping the show going is that they are eventually going to run out of ideas. I mean, there is only so much you can do and once you introduce (I'm not saying they will or should) more bending styles, there really isn't anything else you can do.
    yea maybe but you never know....they are some good writers, they can come up with something...

Serious

[93]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 7
    I think that once the Fire Lord is defeated. If the series still has good ratings Nick would ok another season. I've always like that Nick give it shows a chance to build an audience. And that they aren't to quick to cancel. They cancelled Rugrats prematurely. brought it back and found that it was a gold mine that almost wasn't.

If the series does continue Ang must somehow bring the airbenders back. Without the airbenders the world is out of balance. and balance or yin and yang seem to be a major part of the series basic plot.

[94]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 2
    They could get another avatar after Aang dies and aang could teach the new avatar like Roku taught aang

jtkode

[95]Feb 24, 2007
    They could get another avatar after Aang dies and aang could teach the new avatar like Roku taught aang
    yea but I dont think that would be likely you know, having the main main character die, I wouldn't like that personally.

liljazzerina794

[96]Feb 24, 2007
    • level: 6
    Yea i agree and I don't think it's likely for them to kill off Aang and then introduce a completely new Avatar...that would be way too risky on the part of the writers in my opinion, especially since the younger viewers are practically worshipers of Aang...but since the show has done so well in the past and is one of the top shows on Nickelodeon's network, it seems strange that the creators would only plan for 3 seasons....some great shows have lasted for over ten seasons, with new ideas and twists that keep viewers hooked and - anything but bored. And those are shows about real life??that lack all of the options that come with the Avatar world and the complex characters in Avatar. The writers of this show are obviously genius, and they haven't rushed the first two seasons in my opinion, so it would seem reasonable that they would take more time to develop the climax and or resolution of the big conflict - defeating Ozai. Remember, they could always continue with many more seasons and just call them different things- not necessarily elements. A season might be titled with one word things again like: love, war, balance, etc. (cliche I know but you get the point). Let's just remember that Avatar is known for being surprising and unpredictable and we need to trust that the writers and creators will do a great job??for the next season(s) and really bring us something satisfactory. But seriously, this gap waiting for season three is giving us way too much time for speculation....Sad....*sigh*

akkid14

[97]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 3
    there isn't gonna be a 4th book, the show was made so that aang already mastered airbending for a reason. that reason is that there would be only 3 other elements for him to master, and he would master 1 every season. This leaves us with three seasons and a total of 60 episodes. Now idk if u've heard, but for all u avatar fans, this is bad news! Disney channel as well as nick have a pretty stupid policy, it states that a show can only go for 60 episodes, unless it's really good and brought lots of audience, like spongebob or that's so raven which have both gone past 60 episodes. unfortunetly nick and disney channel couldn't get rid of the policy soon enough, and phil of the future had to be ended, i suspect the same thing is going to happen to avatar.

WiseIroh

[98]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 13
    liljazzerina794 wrote:
    Yea i agree and I don't think it's likely for them to kill off Aang and then introduce a completely new Avatar...that would be way too risky on the part of the writers in my opinion, especially since the younger viewers are practically worshipers of Aang...but since the show has done so well in the past and is one of the top shows on Nickelodeon's network, it seems strange that the creators would only plan for 3 seasons....some great shows have lasted for over ten seasons, with new ideas and twists that keep viewers hooked and - anything but bored. And those are shows about real life??that lack all of the options that come with the Avatar world and the complex characters in Avatar. The writers of this show are obviously genius, and they haven't rushed the first two seasons in my opinion, so it would seem reasonable that they would take more time to develop the climax and or resolution of the big conflict - defeating Ozai. Remember, they could always continue with many more seasons and just call them different things- not necessarily elements. A season might be titled with one word things again like: love, war, balance, etc. (cliche I know but you get the point). Let's just remember that Avatar is known for being surprising and unpredictable and we need to trust that the writers and creators will do a great job??for the next season(s) and really bring us something satisfactory. But seriously, this gap waiting for season three is giving us way too much time for speculation....Sad....*sigh*
    okay let me try to explain to the best of my knowlege... hheeere i go okay originaly Avatar The Last Airbender was "pitched" to nick as a three season story line. so Nick i would Presume that accepted the Pitch and they invested the money to produce the show. then the show skyrocket-ed in ratings sales and you name it. so now there might be a possiblity that the top guys at nick are brainstorming and idealizing on how they can keep (if they want to) avatar on the air for a couple of more years. and on the Creators part you know that got to have more ideas and story's up thier sleeves i mean come on if their shows is real great then they find ways to keep the fire burning. as you can tell animation has gotten way better since the first episode. so there could be a possiblity for the show to go on past a 3rd season but i doubt it would be called air. but thereis a possiblity that it can occur.
    Edited on 02/25/2007 4:45pm

kuroi6364

[99]Feb 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    akkid14 wrote:
    there isn't gonna be a 4th book, the show was made so that aang already mastered airbending for a reason. that reason is that there would be only 3 other elements for him to master, and he would master 1 every season. This leaves us with three seasons and a total of 60 episodes. Now idk if u've heard, but for all u avatar fans, this is bad news! Disney channel as well as nick have a pretty stupid policy, it states that a show can only go for 60 episodes, unless it's really good and brought lots of audience, like spongebob or that's so raven which have both gone past 60 episodes. unfortunetly nick and disney channel couldn't get rid of the policy soon enough, and phil of the future had to be ended, i suspect the same thing is going to happen to avatar.
    is it just me or is this exactly also what u said in the other thread u made bout bad news that theres gonna be a 4th season or something like that?

TheNextAvatar

[100]Apr 30, 2007
    • level: 8

I think there could be more after 4 seasons. Well, the way the world goes these days, more shows for viewers means more money for the makers, channels etc. So here's what I think:

1.Book 1:Water

2.Book 2:Earth

3.Book 3:Fire

4.Book 4:Air* or something

then...maybe...

Avatar animated movies in nick? Something like flashbacks or stories

Movie 1:Avatar:Roku of the Fire Nation

Movie 2:Avatar:Kiyoshi of Kiyoshi Island????