We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

riddler062

[21]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 24
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    riddler062 wrote:
    theres obviously no book four because in each 1 he has to master the books element but anag is already the master of airbending and they already found two of the air temples so wat would be the point of a 4th book

The first three he would master the remaining elements. In the fourth one Aang will finally fight the Fire Lord.

dude it started in watere and ended in water this time so the last ep of the series will be in book 3 when Aang faces off against the fire lord
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

knowledgeseeker

[22]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 21
    riddler062 wrote:
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    riddler062 wrote:
    theres obviously no book four because in each 1 he has to master the books element but anag is already the master of airbending and they already found two of the air temples so wat would be the point of a 4th book

The first three he would master the remaining elements. In the fourth one Aang will finally fight the Fire Lord.

dude it started in watere and ended in water this time so the last ep of the series will be in book 3 when Aang faces off against the fire lord

Yo dude. I am not saying it there will be three or four books. I am saying at the finale of the third book Aang would have finally mastered all of the elements. Then, in the fourth book the final battles begin. It fits for either the four or the three book theory. We should wait another year, so we can get some more information.

Starlilica

[23]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 7
    Lydja-chan wrote:
    I agree that the reasons stated and the arguments given are sound. However, I don't believe that a rebuilding period is useless. In my opinion too many see the end of a conflict and think its all better. Just because you pull the knife out doesn't mean the wound is healed, it is only after the cause of the injury is removed that the healer's work can truely begin. To follow that journey would be amazing.

No, I agree, nothing is fine and dandy after war -- look at World War I for example. The part of the aftermath contibuted to the cause of World War II (mostly limiting Germany's army and naval forcesm which they didn't like). But I digress...

I think you're reading a little too far than needed. There is truth in what you say, but this is a cartoon, and a children's one at that. Sometimes simplyfying things is better. Sure, rebuilding is a whole separate process, but look at Harry Potter -- Rowling is only writing seven books, and the seventh will be (assumeingly) Voldemort's downfall, not the rebuilding. Maybe touching on it, which might be good for Avatar in the end of the series, but I can't see them being able to fill a whole 20 episodes with rebuilding. I think it should be left to our imagination and skills as fanfiction writers.

There is a point were the story must end, like I said. I wouldn't say no to more Avatar, I just would like it to go out in glory, not in dried-up plot. Hell, if they can make it, and do it well, by all means, do it. I just don't want things to be worn down.

Lydja-chan wrote:
    Besides, to take out a fleet, while amazing, is but a small victory is a VERY large conflict. It will take time to defeat an entire nation. Even defeating Ozai, doesn't secure a victory, Many kings have died in the heat of battle, only to have their heirs to continue in their stead. The war has been going on for 3 generations of Fire Lords now, and I very much doubt that they all died of old age. If Azula lives up to the hype about her there is no reason why the war wouldn't contiue into a fourth book.

Assuming Azula isn't defeated like Zhao. Zhao had potential himself to over throw Ozai, but, alas, his career was cut short (YAY!). Hell, a new enemy could come in the fourth book, who knows.

Lydja-chan wrote:
    Sorry, a bit of a long post. In the end, all I really want is what's best for the series, weither it be 4 books or only 3. The creative process is dynamic and I think that it too early to say that the end is set in stone.

Totally agreed. I was just voicing my opinion and so were you. Valid points were brought up, and I think we can agree that whatever happens, happens, and we'll just have to take it in stride. LONG LIVE AVATAR!

cheezewiz_911

[24]Dec 12, 2005
    • level: 4
    I just think if the writers can write more stories, then why not. As long as it stays good. And in the Harry potter books, there will be an epilogue. Plus unlike hp the whole world didn't go to ruins, and an intire group of people weren't wiped out. SO i beleive there would be a lot of back story.

knowledgeseeker

[25]Dec 13, 2005
    cheezewiz_911 wrote:
    I just think if the writers can write more stories, then why not. As long as it stays good. And in the Harry potter books, there will be an epilogue. Plus unlike hp the whole world didn't go to ruins, and an intire group of people weren't wiped out. SO i beleive there would be a lot of back story.

True. There should be more flashback stories.

mahealani582

[26]Dec 17, 2005
    • level: 3
    no it goes water earth fire then air winter starts the year then goes spring the summer then autumn

knowledgeseeker

[27]Dec 17, 2005
    I think that a fourth book would make it easier for things to come to full circle. (see my earlier reasons on this and several other threads)

katara226

[28]Dec 18, 2005
    Well, maybe because the producers want some time to show what it would be like after Fire Lord Ozai's defeat, but the idea of the final battle used for a fourth season is interesting to consider. I thought that it would be like a season finale, just crammed into a two-hour episode and leaving us all breathless, but the thought of it all seperated into different episodes has its benefits: leaving us at a point where we're like, "oh no, what's going to happen? Is Aang going to die..."blahblahblah. It has us thinking. But I'd rather see the entire thing in an episode, because i'm a very impatient person.

Another possibility is if Aang gets defeated. That would be horrible, and so sorry to bring this up (and I don't want that to happen) but can't you realize that defeating the master of all firebending as a twelve year old doesn't come too easily, and that he might lose? I'm no Aang basher, but there's still that little, diabolical chance. The fourth season could have the Avatar fighting for revenge, and finally defeats the Fire Lord at the end. It sorta fits. Book Three: Fire is like how the fire nation triumphs for one brief moment, and Book Four: Air is how the Avatar saves the world. Just a possibility, I just thought this. Please don't hate me. Please. I am an Avatar fan, just like all of you guys... and it has the smallest chance in the world of having it occur, because Aang is so powerful and even if he does lose to Ozai, Sozen's comet will make the Fire Lord all the more stronger, so strong that "even the Avatar will not be able to defeat him", as Roku says. Sorry, just a thought.

katara226

[29]Dec 18, 2005
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.

And the cycle is Water, Earth, Fire, Air instead of the order posted.

Lydja-chan

[30]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 6
    katara226 wrote:
    Another possibility is if Aang gets defeated. That would be horrible, and so sorry to bring this up (and I don't want that to happen) but can't you realize that defeating the master of all firebending as a twelve year old doesn't come too easily, and that he might lose? I'm no Aang basher, but there's still that little, diabolical chance. The fourth season could have the Avatar fighting for revenge, and finally defeats the Fire Lord at the end. It sorta fits. Book Three: Fire is like how the fire nation triumphs for one brief moment, and Book Four: Air is how the Avatar saves the world.

WOW!! Very well put. I frankly like this idea. Though I don't think that the show will take that route, not because its a bad idea just that it would be a little to dark for the show. I love shows that take a dark turn unexpectedly, but given the target audience & that its produced by Nick I very highly doubt it.
    katara226 wrote:
    Just a possibility, I just thought this. Please don't hate me. Please. I am an Avatar fan, just like all of you guys... and it has the smallest chance in the world of having it occur, because Aang is so powerful and even if he does lose to Ozai, Sozen's comet will make the Fire Lord all the more stronger, so strong that "even the Avatar will not be able to defeat him", as Roku says. Sorry, just a thought.

Calm down. You shouldn't feel so paranoid for just expressing a theory. Isn't that whole entire point of fandom. And if anyone does bash you for expressing your ideas just ingore them, they are having a moment of simple-mindedness. ^_^*

katara226

[31]Dec 21, 2005
    Wow, thanks.

Yes, I agree that probably Aang wouldn't die, because it's a kid's show, first of all. And you're right- Nick shows usually don't have main-character deaths.

HuwD

[32]Dec 22, 2005
    • level: 6
    Nice theory, with linking it to the seasons and all it seems quite likely.

I think its probally down to how sucessful the show is. In a perfect would we'd probally four books as the following would demand it. Aang would probally spend the first half "truely" mastiering airbending to some stunningly powerful end and then the second half finishing off the fire lord.

There seems to be alot of assumption that it'll end with Aang defeating or stopping Sozens comet but i'm still pretty sure that it'll arrive anyway. Might make a good season three cliffhanger.

However at the end of the day, if the show doesn't get the ratings or fails to sturr up a greater following we might see it wrapped up early.

It'll be interesting to see.

AirNomad

[33]Feb 11, 2006
    • level: 12
    i think that there will be a book 4 because they might recap what exactly happened to the airbenders. i found a web site that show upcoming charactors.

riddler062

[34]Feb 14, 2006
    • level: 24
    wat site

timekitten

[35]Feb 14, 2006
    • level: 10
    That theory with the fire nation with a moment of triumph does sound good. Water nation was in all it's finest glory in the Water Book, and I'm guessing Earth in the Earth book, Fire in the Fire Book, and Air (Aang & and any other airbenders that may have secretly survived) in the Air book.

My theory has been that he learns each of the elements in the respected books, then finally masters them in the fourth book (I think someone mentioned this earlier). This is based on the fact that Aang hasn't mastered water bending, Katara (sp?) has, so she has to help him master water in the upcoming books.

I doubt he would master earth in the second book (it'd be more he learns a lot of it, not mastering it) nor fire in the third book (Aang now has a fear with using fire bending, and I highly doubt he would just overcome that and master fire bending quickly at the end of the third book). The fourth book would have him pull everything together and save the world (plus it fits with the airbender being at the top of his skills in the Air book).

PLCTheCd

[36]Feb 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    Well what about a prequel for the First Avatar?

There's Avatar Roku and Avatar Kyoshi, but how about they show us who the First Avatar is?

IdeaBender

[37]Oct 18, 2006
    *bump*

0energy

[38]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 3
    knowledgeseeker wrote:
    riddler062 wrote:

I disagree, maybe something happens and he hears that they may be more airbenders and he goes to find them

That could also be what book four could be, but he must fight the fire lord in the summer, air is of Fall. It would take place in fall, after Kuzons comet will arrive

WiseIroh

[39]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 13
    Book 1: Water

Book 2: Earth

Book 3: Fire

*Book 4: Mastering the elements *

*Book 5: The Fire Nation

*Book 6: the Solar Eclipse

*Book 7: Path to the Firelord

* if te show remains as popular as it is now it just depends on the creativity.

CMRphanatik

[40]Oct 18, 2006
    I agree with WiseIroh. If the show's a success and people love it,and they keep their creativity they will make more. Even if the Firelord is defeated in Book 3 doesn't mean the series has to end. I personally want to see a Book 4. As long as they make great stories there will be more books.