We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

"No Book Four: Air" Theory

NRPREZ1

[1]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 3
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sluggmunki_tx

[2]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 41
    Good theory.

[3]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 5
    mmmmm maybe

karatewolfpunk

[4]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 31
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Alright the way the Avatar cycle works is Air, Water, Earth and Fire, so in essence the cycle is Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer. I believe that Technically book one is Air but seeing that Aang is an Airbender there is/was no need for that book to be created. So starting with book one Water/Winter our story begins and ends with book three Fire/Summer the time by which Aang must have mastered the other elements. So there is no need for a book four or a fourth season.

That's exactly what I thought.

Junest

[5]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 10
    I could understand if they did make it 'air' because:

a)there r 4 elements that r equally balanced (hello, did no1 get the whole 'ying-yang' thing... but w/ 4 of 'em instead of 2) so it'd b kinda stupid 2 b w/out 1.

b)the 'water' book had him going 2 the n. pole etc, so it had 2 do a lot w/, well duh, water. so the 4th book might have him returning 2 his roots, w/ the start-up air temples, or finding other airbenders, etc.

but i have a question, what if the show was so popular they needed 2 make a 5th season (or more)? what would they call it? or would they not continue w/ the books & just have eppie names?

BurntDragon

[6]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 2
    NRPREZ1 wrote:

Blasephemy!!! You should be stoned to think such ideas.

AnimeNikkaJamal

[7]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 11
    BurntDragon wrote:
    NRPREZ1 wrote:

Blasephemy!!! You should be stoned to think such ideas.

Actually, his theory works in a way, it's very pluasible, and his research and use of imformation is extensive. Even I did not think of that. I'm very impressed, NRP. However, I do not agree with your theory, however plausible it is. It would make more sense for there to be an "Air" book for the sake of rebuilding the world and handling any loose threads that the "Fire" book left over.

neutralize164

[8]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 1
    If book 4 does happen, then it'd have to be air-centered. I think that if it does happen, it should be Aang looking for a way to bring back Airbenders.

Starlilica

[9]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 7
    I see no need for an Air Book. After all, Aang has already mastered the element (the creators stated that the arrows means that he's a master airbender) and I just don't think that the series needs to go throught the whole rebuilding ther world thing. It just wouldn't be the same. I think that there will only be three seasons/books because it feels that the story line only warrents three seasons/books.

Just my thoughts. I wouldn't say no to an Air book as long as they had more story to tell and it was such a big transition as the rebuilding of the world. Sure, maybe an "eplogue" episode, but not a whole season. It's just not the same. There's really not story to tell. If you want to see it, read fanfiction. Or write it.

NRPREZ1

[10]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 3
    Starlilica wrote:
    I see no need for an Air Book. After all, Aang has already mastered the element (the creators stated that the arrows means that he's a master airbender) and I just don't think that the series needs to go throught the whole rebuilding ther world thing. It just wouldn't be the same. I think that there will only be three seasons/books because it feels that the story line only warrents three seasons/books.

Just my thoughts. I wouldn't say no to an Air book as long as they had more story to tell and it was such a big transition as the rebuilding of the world. Sure, maybe an "eplogue" episode, but not a whole season. It's just not the same. There's really not story to tell. If you want to see it, read fanfiction. Or write it.

I feel the way Star does, the whole point of the story is for us to find out about Aang and him being lost, found, and then for him to save the world from F.L. Ozai not so much the Fire nation as a whole. Because if it was truly the entire Fire nation there would not have been a Faithful Fire Sage or Master Jeong Jeong or better yet Iroh or Zuko (who only seeks his father's love and approval) but that is another thread all together. My point is (and its only my opinion) that as nice as an Air book would be for all of us as fans there is really no need for one, a mission has been set and a time frame to complete it in has been give, I believe an Air book (as cool as it would be) would be overkill.

ShadoLord

[11]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 2
    They should just figure out a way to make a fourth season, i remember the world before avatar, it was a dark and dreary place that i don't wish to visit agai.

knowledgeseeker

[12]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 21
    I think the first three books would be about Aang mastering about the other elements. Then the fourth book would be about the final battles with the Fire Lord.

Starlilica

[13]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 7
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Starlilica wrote:

I feel the way Star does, the whole point of the story is for us to find out about Aang and him being lost, found, and then for him to save the world from F.L. Ozai not so much the Fire nation as a whole. Because if it was truly the entire Fire nation there would not have been a Faithful Fire Sage or Master Jeong Jeong or better yet Iroh or Zuko (who only seeks his father's love and approval) but that is another thread all together. My point is (and its only my opinion) that as nice as an Air book would be for all of us as fans there is really no need for one, a mission has been set and a time frame to complete it in has been give, I believe an Air book (as cool as it would be) would be overkill.

Thank you.

Sometimes, as sad as it is, there is a time when a story needs to end. We don't want it to drag on with a horrible plot, do we?

If anything, I'd like to see spin-offs like about Kyoshi or Roku, or maybe an Avatar after Aang. It would be interesting. However, once Aang defeats Ozai, he story should be over. If they would like to do anything else, create a new character to write about, but don't drag on the show for the sake of making a fourth season. Other shows who do that usually end badly, and it wouldn't be good for Avatar. Quit while your ahead, eh? And for God's sake, don't try to put in a new plot with Aang like a new, terrifying power has come to take over the world when Ozai is gone. Just don't put Aang through that I would cry.

cheezewiz_911

[14]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 4
    Well, i beleive if the writers can pull off a good fourth season or maybe even a fifth. Then let them. I wouldn't mind seeing the show some more. But that is just if they can pull it off. IT just takes some extreme imagination. Plus, i don't know about most people, but i want to see balance restored and the airbenders return. IT can be cool.
    Oh this is kinda random but what does "bump" mean?

riddler062

[15]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 24
    theres obviously no book four because in each 1 he has to master the books element but anag is already the master of airbending and they already found two of the air temples so wat would be the point of a 4th book

Lydja-chan

[16]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 6
    I agree that the reasons stated and the arguments given are sound. However, I don't believe that a rebuilding period is useless. In my opinion too many see the end of a conflict and think its all better. Just because you pull the knife out doesn't mean the wound is healed, it is only after the cause of the injury is removed that the healer's work can truely begin. To follow that journey would be amazing.

Besides, to take out a fleet, while amazing, is but a small victory is a VERY large conflict. It will take time to defeat an entire nation. Even defeating Ozai, doesn't secure a victory, Many kings have died in the heat of battle, only to have their heirs to continue in their stead. The war has been going on for 3 generations of Fire Lords now, and I very much doubt that they all died of old age. If Azula lives up to the hype about her there is no reason why the war wouldn't contiue into a fourth book.

Sorry, a bit of a long post. In the end, all I really want is what's best for the series, weither it be 4 books or only 3. The creative process is dynamic and I think that it too early to say that the end is set in stone.

(bump is just a post to keep the thread on the first page, dead threads fall to the bottom and gets bounced to the next page)

supersonicfan01

[17]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 22
    Starlilica wrote:
    NRPREZ1 wrote:
    Starlilica wrote:

Thank you.

Sometimes, as sad as it is, there is a time when a story needs to end. We don't want it to drag on with a horrible plot, do we?

If anything, I'd like to see spin-offs like about Kyoshi or Roku, or maybe an Avatar after Aang. It would be interesting. However, once Aang defeats Ozai, he story should be over. If they would like to do anything else, create a new character to write about, but don't drag on the show for the sake of making a fourth season. Other shows who do that usually end badly, and it wouldn't be good for Avatar. Quit while your ahead, eh? And for God's sake, don't try to put in a new plot with Aang like a new, terrifying power has come to take over the world when Ozai is gone. Just don't put Aang through that I would cry.

I don't know. I htink it would actually be nice if like, well for no better way of putting it, 'aliens' came to the planet and aand hat to stop them , and they even ended up going to outer space and stuff and whatnot. BUT, that's just me.

Kyandui

[18]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 6
    I don't agree with your opinion, though it is well researched. =3

We just finished Book 1: Water, no? Right. Well, Aang didn't master Waterbending yet, and needs to still. Which means he'll end up mastering it in Book 2: Earth. I have a feeling he won't neccessarily master Earth in Book 2 either, which would force him to master it in Book 3.
    For some reason I think Book 3 will be about finding a Firebending teacher, not the actual mastering of the element. (although, he does have to learn some Firebending. xD)
    Book 4: Air, would then be about Aang mastering Firebending, defeating the Fire Lord, and then (most likely, as the book is 'Air') finding more Airbenders.
    Or something of the like. xP

It's just a theory, but I do think it's plausible.
    As is yours. I just don't happen to agree.

AirNomad

[19]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 12
    They do not need to make a "Book 4:Air" because Aang has already mastered air. That is what the arrow on his head means.

knowledgeseeker

[20]Dec 10, 2005
    • level: 21
    riddler062 wrote:
    theres obviously no book four because in each 1 he has to master the books element but anag is already the master of airbending and they already found two of the air temples so wat would be the point of a 4th book

The first three he would master the remaining elements. In the fourth one Aang will finally fight the Fire Lord.