We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2008)

Avatar RPG*: Create your own Bender

Rin-tori

[321]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 6

Rin (novice firebender)

??Rin and Scorch had just stopped to rest for the night on the other side of the island. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, Scorch woke up at dawn. He wanted to start early and he also wanted to check how far the Fire Nation had advanced onto the island. He flew back to the beach and noticed that the smoke wasn't any closer than it was yesterday. Relieved, he came back to the cave. Rin was still alseep, and it was getting later in the morning.

"All right Rin, time to rise and shine because today is your first day of Firebending training!" Scorch called her.

She yawned. "Five more minutes please..." She mumbled and turned over.

"Well if you're not excited then I guess I just won't teach you today. Too bad."

"W-Wait a second!! I'm coming!" Rin ran out of the cavern and tripped, falling flat on her face.

"Ow." She mumbled. "I wish I wasn't so clumsy!" She rubbed her nose, which was red from the fall. Scorch offered a hand up and she took it gratefully.

"Okay, maybe you need to work on your balance first. Walk around for a second."

Rin walked around until Scorch said: "You shift your weight forward when you walk. You need to keep your back straight and break that habit to improve your balance. If you don't balance, you can't Firebend well." Scorch showed her the stance from the other day.

"Now make sure you're not shifting your weight forward and lower your center of gravity." Rin tried it.

"This is kind of wierd...I'm not used to standing like this."

"Well you're going to have to learn to get used to it. Now try breathing in and out slowly. If you feel the heat of the sun, you can feel the greatest source of fire. Take a couple of deep breaths and try to make a flame, like this." Scorch thrust his fist forward and created a flame.

"All right, I'll try it." Rin breathed in and out, and thrust her fist forward like Scorch. She produced a flame about half the size of Scorch's, but it was better than her pathetic performance on the beach.

"That's good. You're starting to get it."

"I am?! All right!" Rin was obviously excited and tried it again to produce a flame no bigger than the old one.

"If you keep working at it and put less power into your arm and more into your breath, the fire will be bigger."

"All right. I'm just glad I have such a good teacher."

Scorch laughed.

Edited on 11/23/2006 11:00am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

vegnegun

[322]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 11

General Scorch (Fire Bender)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scorch had began to teach Rin fire bending.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, okay," said Scorch after he stopped laughing, "But, I'm not a good teacher, your just a great student. Try it again. But this time, don't go for size. See how long you could produce a steady stream of fire."

"Alright," said Rin. She breathed in deeply an exhauled slowly, creating a stream of fire no thicker than a pencil. Scorch did have to move out of the way to avoid getting hit. He stood there for a few minutes before speaking again.

"Rin, I think that's enough," said Scorch, "now, try to do the same thing, except, instead of creating a small, steady stream, let out a powerful, short blast."

"Yes, sifu," said Rin. She breathed in deep, once again, and exhauled quickly, forcing a large ball of fire from her fist. "Yay," said Rin, "I think that's the biggest flame I've ever??made!"

"Whoa, there," said Scorch, "try not to get over excited."??

"Oh, right, right, right," said Rin, "I'm sorry."

"No, that's fine," said Scorch, "you're just a kid. I think that we should take a break now and try again."

"What?" asked Rin, "we haven't been practicing for even two hours."

"Suit yourself," said Scorch, "I guess you won't get the present I made you."

"You made me something?" asked Rin, "What!?"

"You'll just have to come and see," said Scorch as he went into the cave. Rin followed him inside. "You are a very sound sleeper," he said, "I figured you need some new shoes." He uncovered a hole and pulled out two leather shoes.

"You made these?" asked Rin, "how?"

"I don't want to get into details," said Scorch. Rin stood there, witrh a confused look on her face.

"Oh, I get it," said Rin. Scorch gave her the shoes and she tried them on; they fit perfectly. "Ah, these are much better," she said, "and they fit perfectly. How did you know the size?"

"I told you your a sound sleeper," said Scorch, "you want to get out side and back??to your training."

"Yeah!" said an excited Rin.??

Rin-tori

[324]Nov 23, 2006
    Rin (novice firebender) This will be my last post for a while today. I'm going to see some relatives for Thanksgiving and stuff. I'll be on later though. :3

Scorch was teaching Rin some firebending techniques.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practicing all day, it was about mid-noon.
    "So...should we go to Ba Sing Se? Rampage won't be able to get in there." Rin stated.

"Maybe. Keep your shoulders up while you're breathing." Scorch instructed her.

"Okay." Rin was practicing breathing in a new stance.

"I still think it would be the safest place to go. Rampage is really scary, isn't he? He's taller than you, Scorch." Rin remembered the terrifying man, Rampage, and his unfathomable strength. But Scorch could match him, so defeating him wasn't hopeless.

"Yeah." Said Scorch. "He just hates me because I deserted."

"Wait a second, you deserted the army?! What rank were you?"

"General."

"Whoa...why?"

"I hate the war. Ozai is a fool to believe that he can conquer the world without resistance."

"But...the Avatar can stop him if he knows how to firebend. He could defeat Ozai!"

"But right now, you know more firebending than even the Avatar. That's why I want to teach him."

"Ohhhhhh. Now I get it."

"Well then, why were you wandering around out here? I told you my reason."

"Fair enough. Have you heard of the attempted assassination plot by Ozai's royal guard?"

"Who hasn't?" Scorch laughed.

"Well, my brother was in it, and when he tried it they executed him, and they decided to banish me as a precaution. I've been getting along by my own means for two years now, an it's not fun. But maybe if we stick together we can make ends meet."

"Yeah." Said Scorch with a sigh. "Keep your back straight."

"Okay."

vegnegun

[325]Nov 23, 2006

General Scorch (Fire Bender)

Scorch had just answered some questions from Rin.

The sun had just reached it's peak and Rin noticed a drastic improvement. "Whoa," said Rin, "What happened?"

"The sun is high in the sky," said Scorch, "you should know that the sun is the source of our power."

"Oh, right," said Rin, "my brother told me that once."

"Rin, I've been thinking about you're offer to go to Ba-Sin-Sa," said Scorch, "and I think we should do it."

"Really?" asked Rin.

"Yeah," said Scorch, "I was heading there before I came here." Scorch had completely forgotten about what the sage Kujo had told him. "But, before we leave," sighed Scorch, "I'm going to try and teach you the most advanced move I have ever created: the power of flight."

"You're going to teach me how to fly?" asked Rin, "I thought you said that I didn't even know the basics of Fire Bending."

"You don't need to," said Scorch, "we should hurry though. I'm not sure how much longer we'll have here until we'll have to run away again."

"Okay," said Rin, "so, how do I fly?"

"Whoa, take it easy," said Scorch, "first, forget about your hands. As far as you are concerned, you have no hands." Rin closed her eyes, "You must visualize you inner chi and focus it to your feet and away from you hands. now breath in, and out, breath in, and out." Rin took deep breaths and Scorch so a small amount of fire come from her feet. "Yes, now, one last time, Breath!" Rin inhauled, then exhauled. She rose into the air and fire was coming from her feet and Rin stopped exhauling, still in the air. "Rin, open your eyes," said Scorch. Rin slowly opened her eyes and saw she was flying.

"I did it?"??she asked, "I did it! Yay." Scorch??slowly floated into the air next to her.

"See, even though you can't throw fire," said Scorch, "you can still fly. Now, why don't you say we get to Ba-Sin-Sa?"

"Sure," said Rin, "you'll be here to catch me if I fall, right?"

"Of course," said Scorch, "I would never think of leaving a student. But, I think we should rest until morning. That's when we'll leave."

"Okay," said Rin, "Oh, and Scorch... Thanks."??They went back into the cave and waited for morning.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

??Yes, at last! I have finally posted a picture on level 2!

Here is Scorch:

??

Edited on 11/24/2006 10:20am
    Edited 3 total times.

Rin-tori

[326]Nov 23, 2006

Rin

Bai guys be back later :3

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3674/tek06112326a473te0.png

Leodegarioiii

[327]Nov 23, 2006

Sorry i could not write yesterday.

I'm really behind, could someone make a summary of wht's been going on??

Lord-darkboy

[328]Nov 23, 2006
    • level: 10
    Leodegarioiii wrote:

Sorry i could not write yesterday.

I'm really behind, could someone make a summary of wht's been going on??

hey i missed you i wondered where you stayed i havn't enough imagenation without you

anyway evryone come to BSS willy woo is searching for yoy and scroch is coming to BSS for protection of the FN thats it i'll say yea my post you've got to read there a bit long ^^ good luck

Vampdude69

[329]Nov 23, 2006
    • Name: Dark Avatar (Zeph)
    • Special Move: Broadswords, Shadow Bending
    • Height 5"5
    • Weight: 130
    • Eye Color: Black
    • Hair: Long Black
    • Personality: He is out to destroy the Avatar, and everyone else. He is only in possesion the of the Shadow Scroll, so he can't lightbend yet. But his Shadowbending, is masterful.

Leodegarioiii

[330]Nov 23, 2006
    Vampdude69 wrote:
    • Height 5"5
    • Personality: He is out to destroy the Avatar, and everyone else. He is only in possesion the of the Shadow Scroll, so he can't lightbend yet. But his Shadowbending, is masterful.

sorru but we have rules against overpowered, characters. YOU CAN"T BEND ALL ELEMENTS!! Why don't you better create a character with a deep story and advanced skills in some field??

vegnegun

[331]Nov 23, 2006
    Leodegarioiii wrote:
    Vampdude69 wrote:
    • Height 5"5

sorru but we have rules against overpowered, characters. YOU CAN"T BEND ALL ELEMENTS!! Why don't you better create a character with a deep story and advanced skills in some field??

Yeah, check the forum's offical website, read the rules, then create, or??REVISE, your character.

Here's the webpage:??http://www.freewebs.com/avatarrpg/index.htm

WTF??is this anyway, KH1 or KH2?

Oh, and don't MAKE UP bending powers. If you do, this will no longer be an Avatar RPG.

P.S. I AM NOT the forum leader, thatlostguy is. I Don't make the rules, just help inforce them.

Edited on 11/23/2006 3:42pm
    Edited 2 total times.

Leodegarioiii

[332]Nov 23, 2006

Dark Shadow, (Expert Assassin)

I was ruining trough the?? empty streets of the inner ring. I Just could not believe "D" was still alive. I stopped to rest on a dark alley.

While i cleaned my bloody daggers, i recalled the teachings of my master.

----Flashback----

"Shujaka, take this daggers, you are the greatest assassin i have ever trained. These are my most valuable possession, they are called "The Daggers of Fear" I found them in the lost shrine of the Spirit Of war. It is a great temple lost in the gigantic swamp of the Earth Kingdom. Inside i found a huge statue dedicated to the Spirit of War, and on his hands he had this daggers. After years of research i found that they have... Unique powers"

"yes master; i saw how you used them against the man called "D""

"Indeed my young apprentice, this daggers Drain people's soul and chi. If you attack a bender with them, he will lose his power for some time, but they are more effective againste people like "D"."

"why?"

"He was cursed by the spirit of war, and?? every time these daggers touch him his chi drains from his body... to these daggers, he loses power forever." "But remember,?? every time you kill some one, you trap his soul on your daggers, making them more powerful, giving you ... unnatural abilities. If those unnatural powers consume you...?? the daggers will claim your own soul."

"what do you mean?"

"you will discover it in due time, my child"

----Flashback----

My daggers were clean, i had to find this "D".

I walked to an empty street.

I went to a near wall and i found a poster that??claimed my attention.

"hahaha, old Rampage, so you are??still alive, i thought you would kill your self after what i did to you..."

-----------------------

I'm going to wait in Ba Sing Se, so you guys can arrive.

Edited on 11/23/2006 4:08pm

vegnegun

[333]Nov 23, 2006
    Okay, then. I think that just about everyone that has used Rampage in their stories.

Leodegarioiii

[334]Nov 23, 2006

I just wanted to fit in.

JK

ThatLostGuy

[335]Nov 23, 2006
    Willy Woo (Earth Bender)
    -
    Rexsten, Orinth, Hevet, Red Death, and I were still walking towards Ba-Sing-Se but we were still very far away. We arrived at a villiage and in the distance we saw a Fire Nation flag blowing in the wind. There were Fire Nation soldiers everywhere as well as Fire Nation Warships. The villiage were were at was destroyed. The buildings were in ruins and fire was everywhere.
    -
    I said, "Team! As the leader of this group I say we attack! Look! The Fire Nation has destroyed another villiage as well as all the families and people in it! Lets kill all the Fire Nation soldiers! Lets GO!"
    -
    The five of us marched into the town and we were soon recognized by a Fire Nation soldier. The soldier yelled, "Halt! I order you under arrest of the.." Red Death shot a fire ball at the man and it hit him in the face. The man fell to the ground as Orinth ran over to the man. Orinth hovered over him and he slashed his katana deep into his throat. I laughed and said, "Thats kill number one!" -
    Soon enough more Fire Nation gaurds ran at us. I pounded my foot on the ground and I sent a rock wall at the soldiers. A few fell from the wall but my "Rock walls" weren't strong enough to kill people. Slowly, more and more Fire Nation soldiers advanced towards us. We were greatly outnumbered!
    -
    I shot more rock walls towards the men. Rexsten was producing boulders and launching them at the men. Orinth only had his katana and Hevet could unly punch and kick, so they stayed behind us. Red Death was shooting fire balls left and right. Soon enough I was caught off guard as a fire ball was sent into my chest. I fell down in pain and Hevet came running up to me and said, "Willy. Get up! They are advancing. We need to retreat!" Orinth came over to me and said, "Willy! You are my greatest friends and without you I would still be in a cave somewhere, wasting away in depression and sorrow. I will be back in the future, somewhere, some day! But, right now if I don't do something you will die. I'll see you later buddy!"
    -
    Orinth ran towards the Fire Nation soldiers who were now extremely close to me. Orinth whipped out his katana and he was slashing it left and right. Thr Fire Nation guards formed a circle around him and Orinth didn't even get one kill! All of a sudden a huge flame of at least 5 Fire Nation soldiers combined was launched into Orinth. Orinth attempted to block it with his katana but he missed and he fell to the ground and he was put into chains. The Fire Nation had captured Orinth, but at least he was still alive due to the fact that his katana blocked some of the flames that were launched at him. -
    Hevet picked me up off of the ground and he began to drag me off, away from the burnt villiage. Red Death and Rexsten continued to launch fire balls and boulders at the men but they did no damage. All they did was give us more time to escape. Hevet dragged me into a nearby forest and he layed me down next to a tree. I soon saw Red Death and Rexsten come running towards us. Rexsten was out of breath but he said, "We got away for now. But, they know which way we ran. We have to get out of here! They are coming towards this forest!" Hevet and Rexsten helped me up and I began to limp deeper into the forest. Red Death said, "Look, over there! Its a cave! thats a perfect place to hide!"
    -
    As the four of us walked towards the cave a mysterious man said something from behind us, "Look guys! Hahaha its the kid!" I turned around and I saw Spike, Bulldozer, and Mayhem. I said, "You three! Not again! Leave me alone, please! I did nothing besides defend myself!" The three men raised their bows and arrows as Hevet, Rexsten, Red Death, and I quicly ran into the cave. The arrows missed us and Spike yelled, "Your dead, kid! You and all your friends." I looked for a rock to hide behind in the cave but all I saw was a man and a woman. The man yelled, "What the...Its you!" I looked closer at the man and I noticed it was the Fire Nation guards (Scorch) that we first fought in Omashu. Scorch lit his flame, and Rexsten immediately created a boulder. I ran inbetween them and yelled, "STOP! There are three men outside that want me dead! They are going to come into this cave at any moment and attack. Please, lets get rid of these guys and then we can finally settle our score! Please, I don't want..." An arrow whizzed into the room and it hit me in the arm. I fell down in pain and I yelled, "Please! Get these three men away from me!"

ThatLostGuy

[336]Nov 23, 2006
    vegnegun wrote:
    Okay, then. I think that just about everyone that has used Rampage in their stories.

Rampage is a cool character and I was the second person (first was vegnegun) to use him in my posts. But, now after everyone using him including the new kid, I am getting kinda tired of it...Rampage must either have teleporting powers of seven different clones becuase he is EVERYWHERE! LOL! Ummm, so thats why I brought these three new men in, Spike Bulldozer and Mayhem. Soon enough I will have Mayhem and Rampage fight, and what a great fight that will be....

[338]Nov 23, 2006
    Rinkoto Fang-Airbender
    -
    A large explosion in the distance woke me from my peaceful sleep. "God damn it, that dream was just getting good". Getting to my feet, I took out my spyglass and aimed it in the general direction of the sound. I saw what looked to be smoke, most likely from a fire due to the amount of smoke which was rising.

"Hmmm, now I wonder what's going on over there. Eh, might as well check it out, maybe someone there knows where to find the people that I'm looking for".
    (makes his way to the village)

Upon arriving, I noticed a group of fire nation troops. Lucky that I was prepared for that, cause when they looked to see who was coming, I was already hidden behind a broken building. From where I was, I could hear them talking.

"Can't believe that monster Rampage is in charge. Did you see what happened after he lost to the traditor. He killed 2 people just to release his anger. I'm happy he went off to look for him, I don't like being anywhere near that guy".

"Rampage huh, seems that name is quite popular around here", I thought to myself. Looking down, I saw what looked to be scorch marks, most likely from fire bending. Moving closer to the spot, I took a whiff. Whoever had been here hadn't left long ago, so the scent was fresh in the wind. "Seems they went this way, but the scent changes, heading toward Ba-Sing-Se.Well, lets go see if I can't find this fire nation traditor. Sounds like just the kind of person I need to see". And with that, I was off.
    Edited on 11/23/2006 5:42pm

Vampdude69

[339]Nov 23, 2006
    • Name: Jax
    • Status: He doesn't know he is an Earthbender, and he is skilled with broadswords
    • Special Move: Accedentily earthbending
    • Height: 5"5
    • Weight: 120
    • Eyes: Brown
    • Personality: He is a boy who's parents were killed by the Fire Nation. He is out to kill them all. But when he was 8 he was recurited by the Earth Kingdom's army in Ba Sing Se. He recently escaped, and he sometimes earthbends, without knowing it. He is a master of broadswords, and he is preparing his escape from Ba Sing Se, knowing his destiny isn't what he wants.

vegnegun

[340]Nov 23, 2006

Rampage (Gigantic Axe)

Rampage had just gotten his??ass handed to him by Scorch.

Rampage had just woken up on the ground with his axe in his hand. He then remembered that??Scorch had defeated him agian.??Rampage slammed his fist into the ground and??created a small indent in the ground. He got up and slowly went back to??the village, expecting to go back to Obsidian's fleet. He walked into the village and saw the flames were still roaring. He felt a pebble??hit the back of his head??and whirled around and saw three figures...