We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Season 3 Discussion Thread....SPOILERS allowed...

alagaesian

[121]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    Perhaps the Red Carpet Rivalry is what they're calling that particular airing day based on a specific episode lineup. Looking at what CN did last year, they're probably going to do a huge episode marathon either the week or day of the finale.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

iamtunk

[122]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 13
    DC-Dude wrote:

Didn't you see the commercial? The finale is called Red Carpet Rivalry. It premeires on December 3rd.

Then again, I don't know what would happen with Mutiny on the Soundstage...

Actually, I only watched it once on YT and I don't really remember much about it.
    alagaesian wrote:
    Perhaps the Red Carpet Rivalry is what they're calling that particular airing day based on a specific episode lineup. Looking at what CN did last year, they're probably going to do a huge episode marathon either the week or day of the finale.

that could be it.

familyguy974

[123]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 2

I can't wait to see how the team of Noah, Tyler, Izzy, Owen and Alejandro interact! It'll be hilarious. The only thing I'm worried about is Tyler being the first out in that team. DD8 I really hope not.

And I see you guys were talking about my fav pairing a couple of pages back! Ezzy FTW!

Skyancez

[124]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 14

That team might turn Alejandro a bit nuts. I don't think Tyler will go first in that team. Here's my theories:

I think both Owen and Izzy might be in an alliance with him, leaving the other two exposed. I see Alejandro thinking Tyler might be more useful than Noah (singing-wise). I mean, Tyler must have a talent in something? Maybe he'll shock the world and become the best singer ever?

That, or Izzy and/or Owen annoy him to death, meaning Alejandro tries to interact with both of them to vote one of them off.

Or he doesn't have any alliance but uses his girl-magnets 'powers' to lure Izzy onto his side and blindside Owen.

Bah, can't the new season just start?! I wasn't even this excited for TDA!

iamtunk

[125]Nov 23, 2009
    Alejandro BETTER not be responsible for getting Noah kicked off early!

shishkabob999

[126]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 9
    Hmm... I can see Alejandro AND Noah getting seriously annoyed by Izzy and Owen, and Tyler's got the same enthusiasm as they do.

alagaesian

[127]Nov 23, 2009
    Heck, I can see Noah getting annoyed with ANYBODY. Besides, I think Tyler has a sort of impervious 'development bubble' at the moment. In TDA, if a character or conflict or relationship wasn't developed properly, they kept it on the show until it was. Tyler is possibly the least developed person right now, and therefore should be kept on the show until he's up to par with the other contestants.

After all, that development bubble theory has assisted in many of our accurate predictions for TDA. It's why the four non-merge characters this season have all made it to the final six and how we were able to foresee that.

If this theory is going to work to full effect in TDM, then we can expect either Izzy or Owen to leave first from that team. Probably Izzy, so she can come back again later in the season without becoming too annoying.

iamtunk

[128]Nov 23, 2009
    oi vey! I'm sorry, but I hope Izzy doesn't pull yet another return this season. it's getting kinda old...even though it's only happened twice, lol

shishkabob999

[129]Nov 23, 2009
    I like how Alejandro's team is the only one we're talking about. :B

iamtunk

[130]Nov 23, 2009
    Yeah, Heather's team is pretty interesting. and the other team has LeShawna/Harold on it. it's not like Alejandro's team is the only interesting one

familyguy974

[131]Nov 24, 2009

I can kinda see Owen going first on the Alejandro team. They shouldn't vote off Tyler or Noah because they are both undeveloped characters. They shouldn't vote off Alejandro because he's a villian, and they shouldn't vote off Izzy cuz she's the only girl on that team.

And I'm not interested in the Leshawna team. They voted my Zeke off first...AGAIN!

AcmeAcne

[132]Nov 25, 2009

I think Im most intrested in seeing how the Cody/Sierra relationship will unfold. I find it painfully ironic and hilarious that when the self described ladies man finally meets a girl who actually intrested in him he seems ready to run a mile from her, not that I blame him Sierra seems very forward with her advances.

Im just wondering if it will be case of Cody eventually returning her affections and the two becoming an actual couple or will it just be used as a running gag until Codys forced to vote her off when she refuses to take the hint that hes simply not intrested. Also add Gwen into the mix and the fact that her and Trent are (as of yet) no longer together and the possiblity that Cody may still have feelings for her you have the makings for a very intresting love triangle.

Either way i have abit of a felling Sierra will become a victim of a Die for our Ship, she already has few detractors (even though she only said one line in the entire trailer) and both Noah/Cody and Cody/Gwen are quite popular with the fandom. Is it just me or do most new female characters in established series always seem to get alot more flack then there male counterpaerts (no one seems to have a problem with Aleandrjo) when they first appear? It just seems to happen alot from my expierance.

iamtunk

[133]Nov 25, 2009
    For me, Sierra just seems kind of annoying. Not because she's annoying Cody but her voice just sounds annoying. Other than that, I'm keeping an open mind and waiting to see what she's like. In all honesty, I think having a Cody-fangirl is hilarious. It's possible, though maybe not the reason for everyone, that some Cody fangirl's are just jealous. (Like I said, not all. So please, no attacking me and saying "Well, I'm a Cody fangirl and I'm not jealous, you jerk!")

As for Alejandro, he's the villian so he's more intriguing...and you're supposed to hate him anyway. When you hate a character that your supposed to hate, you don't seem to hate them as much as you hate a character you're not supposed to hate. I dunno, maybe it's an odd form of reverse psychology or something.

Oddly enough, I find Alejandro more pointless than Sierra. I can't help but question "Why didn't they just make Justin the villian?" I guess they just prefer to make him a self-centered narcissist.

shishkabob999

[134]Nov 25, 2009
    Kathie's voice is really annoying. However, I do agree with you - having a fangirl on the show is hilarious. I'd think the Cody fangirls would LIKE that, thought.

We don't know Alejandro's actual personality, so we don't know what he's like. He doesn't necessarily have to be a Justin clone, and the writers said that Justin was never really a villan because he was always a narcissist. Wait until the season starts and we see him before you all judge and say "why couldn't they make Justin/Heather/Noah the villan?" Obviously he has something they don't, and my guess is that it's a combination of sex appeal and charm (Justin), and desire to stab people in the back to get ahead (Heather).
    Edited on 11/25/2009 2:20pm

iamtunk

[135]Nov 25, 2009
    Yeah, I know I shouldn't jump the gun too much on Alejandro. That was more my initial thought than anything. I still wonder why a little, which actually makes me more curious about his character/personality. They probably wanted to do something with the villian this season that requires making a completely new character. calling him pointless was a little too strong of me I guess. "questioning his existance" is probably a better thing to say.

Okay, crazy, random, odd little theory I've had lately. What if he's somebody from someone's past? One thought I've had is what if he's one of the people who made fun of Heather in Middle School? Then it will be like a head 2 head conflict between the two of them. She's the only one who knows he's evil and no one believes her. (the only thing is, I detect no conflict between them from the trailer...however, they could/probably have kept A LOT out of the trailer.)

shishkabob999

[136]Nov 25, 2009
    Nah. If they wanted to use people that they knew, they could've brought in Gwen's brother, Jasmine, Brady... besides, I don't know how much of a main character Heather's going to be. Her role next season is even harder to figure out than her role this season.

HaydenAvery

[137]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 21
    Sierra (not kathie) is my favorite new character because shes giving cody a plot.

iamtunk

[138]Nov 25, 2009
    shishkabob999 wrote:
    Nah. If they wanted to use people that they knew, they could've brought in Gwen's brother, Jasmine, Brady... besides, I don't know how much of a main character Heather's going to be. Her role next season is even harder to figure out than her role this season.

I guess what I mean is, like an enemy from someone's past. Those people don't really fit that description. (Wait, who's Jasmine again? LeShawna's cousin?) but like I said "crazy, random, odd little theory". Most likely not true but not impossible, either.

As for Heather, I think there's still some plot left in her. Her little "just you wait" at the end of the trailer seems to point to the possibility.

besides, I like to hope that one day we might see her become a better person, so she still has alot of personality development to experience for that.

HaydenAvery

[139]Nov 25, 2009
    • level: 21
    what i want to know is that now that her hairs grown back will she go back to being an antagonist?

alagaesian

[140]Nov 25, 2009
    Looking at Alejandro, him being a charming guy can let the writers take his villainy in a few different directions with making a Justin clone:

-He's a huge player who hooks up with multiple girls for strategy and pleasure. If one of them starts getting suspicious that he's toying with another lady, he votes the suspicious girl off to cover his tracks. He has a pretty "personal" relationship with each girl, as opposed to Justin, who just stood there and let the females drool over him.

-Also unlike Justin, he will actually use his good looks to win challenges instead of getting out of them. The girls fawning over him help keep him safe, and he won't lose any sleep by mercilessly voting them out.

-He's not a villain at all. The producers make sure the film edits give him the appearance on an antagonist, and all the contestants assume he is evil because he reminds certain people (Gwen, Lindsay, Courtney, Izzy, Harold, Duncan, maybe Owen, and possibly a few others too) of Justin.

I trust the creators and writers of the show aren't just going to let Alejandro be a Justin clone. I mean, they do lots of work by creating new characters: finding a new VA, arranging a contract with a new VA, paying the new VA, character design, creating all the character stills, animations, and poses, etc. The only reason they'd need to create new characters is that there are certain plot points or storylines that can ONLY be brought on through the introduction of fresh meat.