We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Spin-off Ideas (Episodes): Reviews

clapmaster

[1081]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 20
    While my reviews aren't as detailed as the past honest review from KingofKlubs, it has been a while since Review Clap Up so time to go back to that.....

A Match To Remember - C-

One of the weakest episodes of Underwater Survival. Even though you thought it was weak DC-Dude you could have added a bit more detail like showing how others faired in the challenge.

12 Things We Love About Japanimation - A

Probably my favorite of Season 2, but the only thing holding it back from a plus is the Squidward controlling who gets to go storyline, but thank goodness its over because of the merge coming up.

Picture Day - C+

I have to say that this was my least favorite episode so far of your show CF. The plot in general for the episode was kinda lame and was pretty much filler in general. This idea was probably better off as a sideplot for another episode.

The Potential Break-Up Episode - B+

I was extremely confused (even when I thought about it ). I mean is Priya seriously an evil witch? If so, then that kinda jumped the shark a little bit. Still, for what it was worth, despite how confused I got. I still thought it was good.

Deep Sea Hunt - C+

I know you have read KingofKlubs review by now. His constructive criticism is right for the most part and please don't take it the wrong way because I don't want you to leave over a little constructive criticism. Your show has been getting rather dull lately and I think that you can turn this around.

As for this episode, it was ok but there were a few things that bugged me. The emoticon overload kinda bugged me, the whole Mermaid Man versus Blue Arrow challenge was kinda forced, and just like almost all the endings to your episodes, it was way to cheery and happy. Bob_ball had a good idea in his review, maybe take your show to a darker edge. I think it could do wonders for this show and make it a lot better.

Special Delivery/Unhealthy Living - D+

Sorry, but these episodes are as on par as the rest of the series. I know you said in a previous post that you suck at summaries sometimes, but you know that you can fix that problem. Type up the episodes on Microsoft Word ahead of time. Read them outloud to yourself before you post them and see if it makes sense to you before you post it. I am only trying to help

Total Sponge Island - B

I too love the Total Drama based spin-offs (I've done one before and The Epic Sea Race aka my next show even has some TD elements ) but its kinda odd when you see one that has been done before with the exact same characters. In case no one knows what I am talking about, look back I dont know how many pages it was but someone has already done a Fairly Oddparents/SpongeBob themed TDI, although it was a noob user that never finished it after three or four episodes. So maybe this one will have more effort.

As for the episodes themselves, they are extremely short, have minor grammar issues, and not enough detail. Still I find it good and this show can get better when those three issues I listed are focused on.

Decisions, Decisions - A or A+......heck I give it an A+

Wow this episode was fantastic. From the drama of whats going on with Sandy to SpongeBob quitting. That my friend was a fantastic cliffhanger but the reason I was debating was how over the top you were about SpongeBob crying, but warranted it was only one episode so thus the A+ .

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy 3 - B+

Maybe I am a little to generous since MM & BB 3 is one of the best episodes of Season 2, but I just found the whole Man Ray perspective to be kinda weak. As for recommendations, I would love to see what you could accomplish with The Camping Episode (cuz its my favorite episode )
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SeaSpongez

[1083]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    jjsthekid wrote:

Well, i wasn't copying your shows Terminoob and you could have been nicer. That review was just harsh and mean. You know what, i'm leaving now. I don't see a point to stay anymore. Oh well, you people are mean now, and i just tried to have a nice time on this site, but NO.

One Last review before i leave.

12 Things we love about Japaniation Review: A

A Pretty good episode DC-Dude. Sadly, this will be the final episode i read of your show along with many others. But still, a great episode.

Terminoob was being constructive. He gave all perfectly legitimate reasons, and yes, you do occasionally rip-off other shows off. He's a different kind of user, him and bob_ball are like the only two users that don't seem to sugar-coat reviews, which I like a lot.

jjsthekid

[1084]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 21

Thank you Tvfan.

NOTICE : From now on, i will be honest on my reviews. I might have overrated some reviews, but i was cutting some slack for people. So don't expect me to give just plan A's to anyone. I will be honest from now on.

Adventures In The Underground City Review: D+

Ok honestly, your show is just confusing. Also, i don't know what it is even about now because you have too many grammer errors and it is hard for me to read it. Also, the plot is kind of boring. Also, i don't see any details on the main characters except for Spongebob, but that is pretty much it. First it is about an Underground City, but now i don't even know what it is about due to grammer errors. Oh, and i know you can improve it though.

Adventures Of No Name Review: D+

Ok i admit as well, maybe i overrated as well. Your show seemed interesting at first because there hasn't been a No Name spin-off before, but it is boring. Sorry, but you need more detail and the plot is confusing. I know you said you suck at plots ( I saw what you said), but i know you can improve.

Edited on 10/07/2009 5:28pm

that70sguy92

[1085]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 16
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    jjsthekid wrote:

Well, i wasn't copying your shows Terminoob and you could have been nicer. That review was just harsh and mean. You know what, i'm leaving now. I don't see a point to stay anymore. Oh well, you people are mean now, and i just tried to have a nice time on this site, but NO.

One Last review before i leave.

12 Things we love about Japaniation Review: A

A Pretty good episode DC-Dude. Sadly, this will be the final episode i read of your show along with many others. But still, a great episode.

Terminoob was being constructive. He gave all perfectly legitimate reasons, and yes, you do occasionally rip-off other shows off. He's a different kind of user, him and bob_ball are like the only two users that don't seem to sugar-coat reviews, which I like a lot.
    Don't forget meeeeee.

DC-Dude

[1086]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 26
    jjsthekid wrote:

Thank you Tvfan.

NOTICE : From now on, i will be honest on my reviews. I might have overrated some reviews, but i was cutting some slack for people. So don't expect me to give just plan A's to anyone. I will be honest from now on.

Adventures In The Underground City Review: D+

Ok honestly, your show is just confusing. Also, i don't know what it is even about now because you have too many grammer errors and it is hard for me to read it. Also, the plot is kind of boring. Also, i don't see any details on the main characters except for Spongebob, but that is pretty much it. First it is about an Underground City, but now i don't even know what it is about due to grammer errors. Oh, and i know you can improve it though.

Adventures Of No Name Review: D+

Ok i admit as well, maybe i overrated as well. Your show seemed interesting at first because there hasn't been a No Name spin-off before, but is boring. Sorry, but you need more detail and the plot is confusing. I know you said you suck at plots ( I saw what you said), but i know you can improve.

Thank GOD! I was wondering when people would start being more honest!

DC-Dude

[1087]Oct 7, 2009

The Minorly Average Zone: B+

I'm not a fan of those mystery horrors, but this was not too bad! I love seeing episodes that have some sort of creativity within them, similar to this episode. It would be pretty cool if the entire episode was in black and white!

The_Cartoon

[1088]Oct 7, 2009
    Not So Friendly Feuds - A++++++

I have always loved propaganda stories and this was one of the best episodes I've read in a long time. The moral is that you shouldn't do what you love for anyone but yourself. I'm really glad you posted this.

jjsthekid

[1089]Oct 7, 2009

Not So Friendly Feuds Review: A+

Exactly what The_Cartoon said. This was a great episode and i enjoyed it. I think this taught us all a lesson and i can't wait for the next episode.

DC-Dude

[1090]Oct 8, 2009

^Thank you for the wonderful feedback.

Antonio's conflict with Blaster and Dan will continue throughout the season- so stay tuned!

clapmaster

[1091]Oct 8, 2009
    Not So Friendly Feuds - A+++

I just read this episode and although jjsthekid and The_Cartoon took the words right out of my mouth, I still say job well done. You sir are really wise and a great friend. And I seriously hope all the drama is over and everyone can just move on.

jjsthekid

[1092]Oct 8, 2009

You Go Girl Review: A+

Wow, this was pretty good Clapmaster. It was pretty funny that Pierce dressed up like a girl. Seriously though, that was pretty funny and this was a great episode.

jjsthekid

[1093]Oct 8, 2009

General Hospital ( So Far) Review: C

Ok, your show is just confusing. Sorry, but it is the truth. You have some grammer problems and please don't demand for reviews either. Saying something like," Reviews would rock" or something like that would be fine. But don't demand for them all the time.

Anyways, your show does have some promise though. And welcome to The Spongebob Spin-offs.

LilBigKelly

[1094]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    i fixed the grammar issues

and i asked please review

and thank you

And i read all the episodes on page 187 and my review for them is

A+++++++++++++++

will have another episode up later

clapmaster

[1095]Oct 8, 2009

General Hospital - D+
    NOTE: This was before you allegedly changed everything which I haven't checked yet...

Welcome back to the spin-off community BrennanNN. You are the only one who posts like that so you ain't fooling nobody . You still need to work on your structure because you are putting periods in the wrong spots and plus your plots were all over the place as you need to work on ending your plots in general, like leaving a cliffhanger that can lead to the next episode.

Hero's Day - A+

I am seriously impressed jjsthekid. That episode was your best episode since the early days of Season 1. Its great to know the characters and villans and their backstories to give them more personality. You listened to terminoob's review and did exactly what he said and it worked out extremely well.

And now a review from the king of klubs himself since DC-Dude asked for it

Underwater Survival: C-/D+

Now, this is as a whole, which is good, because truth be told, the 2nd Season has been extremely below average, but I'll get to that in a minute. Now, for your 1st Season, this show was really solid, I won't deny it; you had more freedom for challenges and plots, whereas now, unless you planned out every challenge and plot ahead of time, it's kinda hard to come up with good ones that won't be recycling most of the 1st Season. But, since you're good at plots, I figured this season would be no problem for you, and I couldn't wait to see what you had in store for all the other characters from the other shows. Sadly, my expectations were set too high, and what you did and are doing with the new characters, are less than satisfactory, in my opinion. It seems as though you don't read shows, because if you did, you would know Yvonne isn't the "popular cheerleader" and cared about her looks in 1 episode. As for Alvin, if you can point out the exact spot I said he wore glasses; please do, because I don't remember saying it AT ALL. And you even asked where he was from, which was stated MANY times in SpongeCraft, and you even asked where Angela was from, when you could just read the title of the show. But, this is ranting, and I like to save that for the end, what I'm getting at, is that you need to brush up on your shows and portray the characters correctly. Now, while this is somewhat off-topic, it seems like TDI/TDA/Survivor based Spin-Offs are popular now, first it was Survivor: Bikini Bottom, then Total Cartoon Island, then Spin-Off Action, then your show, now a new show (whose name escapes me at the moment….) Also, I've had a little… annoyance, with your past shows, ever since The Spinny's were founded and started. It seems as though you LOVE to break the fourth wall and make every character aware they're from Spin-Offs, which is, in my opinion, annoying. You have at least one title with "Spinny" in your shows (did you do that with AiC? I can't remember.) While I can't tell you to stop, it just seems weird having characters become aware of the fact they're Spin-Off characters. But yea, to sum it up: Original personalities, pay attention, and tone down the fourth wall breaking Off-Topic from my review: Please…. PLEASE stop overhyping the crap out of The Adventures in Coralwood Movie and Season 3 renewal, we get it, you're bringing it back and you think it's going to be epic, see, what you're doing here, is setting everyone's expectations REALLY high by saying how awesome it will be, then when it comes, people will think it's not as good as you think.

jjsthekid

[1096]Oct 8, 2009

Thank you so much Clapmaster. And if Kingofklubs is reading this, i will accept your next review of my show and not get mad. Also without your help telling me how to make my show better, i would not have made Hero's Day an awesome episode. So thank you Kingofklubs because you helped me improve.

Club Friend/ Goes Together Review: C/C+

I was a little disappointed with Club Friend because it was a little confusing sometimes. However, Goes Together was a little bit better because of The mentioning of Mr.Krabs trying to keep all The Jellyfish, but overall, you are starting to improve.

LilBigKelly

[1097]Oct 8, 2009
    clapmaster wrote:

General Hospital - D+
    NOTE: This was before you allegedly changed everything which I haven't checked yet...

Welcome back to the spin-off community BrennanNN. You are the only one who posts like that so you ain't fooling nobody . You still need to work on your structure because you are putting periods in the wrong spots and plus your plots were all over the place as you need to work on ending your plots in general, like leaving a cliffhanger that can lead to the next episode.

Hero's Day - A+

I am seriously impressed jjsthekid. That episode was your best episode since the early days of Season 1. Its great to know the characters and villans and their backstories to give them more personality. You listened to terminoob's review and did exactly what he said and it worked out extremely well.

Now, this is as a whole, which is good, because truth be told, the 2nd Season has been extremely below average, but I'll get to that in a minute. Now, for your 1st Season, this show was really solid, I won't deny it; you had more freedom for challenges and plots, whereas now, unless you planned out every challenge and plot ahead of time, it's kinda hard to come up with good ones that won't be recycling most of the 1st Season. But, since you're good at plots, I figured this season would be no problem for you, and I couldn't wait to see what you had in store for all the other characters from the other shows. Sadly, my expectations were set too high, and what you did and are doing with the new characters, are less than satisfactory, in my opinion. It seems as though you don't read shows, because if you did, you would know Yvonne isn't the "popular cheerleader" and cared about her looks in 1 episode. As for Alvin, if you can point out the exact spot I said he wore glasses; please do, because I don't remember saying it AT ALL. And you even asked where he was from, which was stated MANY times in SpongeCraft, and you even asked where Angela was from, when you could just read the title of the show. But, this is ranting, and I like to save that for the end, what I'm getting at, is that you need to brush up on your shows and portray the characters correctly. Now, while this is somewhat off-topic, it seems like TDI/TDA/Survivor based Spin-Offs are popular now, first it was Survivor: Bikini Bottom, then Total Cartoon Island, then Spin-Off Action, then your show, now a new show (whose name escapes me at the moment….) Also, I've had a little… annoyance, with your past shows, ever since The Spinny's were founded and started. It seems as though you LOVE to break the fourth wall and make every character aware they're from Spin-Offs, which is, in my opinion, annoying. You have at least one title with "Spinny" in your shows (did you do that with AiC? I can't remember.) While I can't tell you to stop, it just seems weird having characters become aware of the fact they're Spin-Off characters. But yea, to sum it up: Original personalities, pay attention, and tone down the fourth wall breaking Off-Topic from my review: Please…. PLEASE stop overhyping the crap out of The Adventures in Coralwood Movie and Season 3 renewal, we get it, you're bringing it back and you think it's going to be epic, see, what you're doing here, is setting everyone's expectations REALLY high by saying how awesome it will be, then when it comes, people will think it's not as good as you think.

**** how did you figure that out? well thats true i lost the password to my first account so i made a new one

but My Real name is Keliana or kelly for short and im female

im 28 to never good in school

new episode up soon

LilBigKelly

[1098]Oct 8, 2009
    Sorry about the senatacing in episode 2 but Clapmaster complained about the sentacing

i write in in notepad it looks all good

then copy it to microsoft word and it messes it up

i fix spelling errors then it gets made like in the pilot

tv.com wont allow me to put other text up agaist text when i paste it in so

i had to do it like that so it would show like i wanted to

DC-Dude

[1099]Oct 9, 2009
    clapmaster wrote:

General Hospital - D+

Hero's Day - A+

Thank you for being honest. That's all I can say.

LilBigKelly

[1100]Oct 9, 2009
    im so sorry about the sentacing but tv.com messes it up it never is like i want it so please over look it

how bout someone review the cassadine!s tv movie

i would like if you rated each episode indiviially