We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Spin-off Ideas (Episodes): Reviews

CF3689

[1101]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 22

Bikini Top Pilot: A

Great start to a potentially awsome series! Hope it gets even better!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jjsthekid

[1102]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 21

Just Like Old Times Part 1 Review: A

Pretty great episode The_Cartoon. I expected a little bit more, but of course it was the first part, so not much happens in the first part of a Two Parter, Three Parter, ect episode. But i can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the next part.

dohnought

[1103]Oct 10, 2009
    • level: 2
    Bikini Top: A+

wow! perfect for teens! even thought it is twilight-esque, you really pull through and show us that that70sguy92 is a name in spin-off history.

dohnought

[1104]Oct 11, 2009
    Crushed: A

Even if I did get confused once, it was stilla great episode and it hasd lots of drama.

LilBigKelly

[1105]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 3
    Bikini Top - A+++++

Very good show That70sGuy90 i like the drama and the cliffhangers and the awesome romance

Crushed - A+

good episode

Just Like Old Times Part 1 Review - A+

great episode the cartoon and its only PART 1

im still flabergasted that no one has been reviewing my show but hey

jjsthekid

[1106]Oct 12, 2009

Adventures In Coralwood Movie Review: A

Pretty great movie DC-Dude, but i did expect a little bit more from it. However, it was still great and it was a nice way to end your show. Overall, it was a good movie and a great way to end Adventures In Coralwood.

CF3689

[1107]Oct 12, 2009

Total Cartoon Island: D
    This takes GUTS (pun intended). It seems everyone bows down to this spin-off, and I just don't see what it is that's so great about it. It's WAY too detailed. When it take's you about five posts to complete an episode, something is wrong. But before I get too far into this review, I gotta ask: Why that unncecessary Bikini Top bashing? It just seemed like needless bashing, something that most users are above of... most of us more mature than that. Now, getting to the review. Like I already stated, being detailed is a great thing. Being overly-detailed is a bad thing. It would help if you found the balance between detailed and overly-detailed, because I guarantee that not many people will read a spin-off that's that long. It's ten times longer than it needs to be. The next point I have is horrible organization. Your quotes are all mashed up together. It's difficult to read. Either find better organization for the dialogue or take it out altogether. My next beef with the show is.... Why does it take you so long to post it? All it is is a Total Drama Island rip-off with different characters. So unless you're reaaaaaaaaaaaally busy, then I don't get what the issue is with the wait for new episodes, and waiting for you to FINISH other episodes. It's pretty ridiculous. Then we have the issue that every character is pretty much a carbon copy of Total Drama Island characters, but I'm sure you know that. If it's intentional, that's bad enough. But if it's an accident, I don't believe it. They're too alike for it to be any sort of accident. And now, something else that annoys me, a phrase...: "Enough said, true believers!" It seriously gets irritating after a while. Another thing that shows in your show is that you seem just a little too full of yourself, with thinking your spin-off is superior to all other spin-offs are something. Hate to break it to you, but it's not. Enough said, true believer!

_____

WRITTEN BY THAT70SGUY

clapmaster

[1109]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 20

Review Clap Up

Blooper Real - C+

I just thought that this episode was okay and was just doing what it was suppose to be doing, which was pretty much a summary of the entire series leading up to the finale. However, I lowered the grade because of the cheap shot you took at that70sguy's show Bikini Top. We are all allowed to have opinions, but you could have easily done this in review form, not insult his show on your own. I am sorry but this was not mature in any way. Also that70sguy is officially banned now too, so its kinda like beating a dead horse so to say.

The Bikini Bottom Adventures alexhates vs SpongeBob storyline - D+

Speaking of beating a dead horse, I hope you have something planned with this storyline alexhates because I just want it to end. If this is an attempt to be funny, I am not amused at all. Maybe some people are but I am not.

Nightmares and Robberies - A

Jjs you have done a really good job turning this show around and I am enjoying it much more now. To me this show is finally living up to the potential it once had during Season 1 and I know I sound bland for saying this line that most people say in reviews, but keep up the good work.

Angela In Waterfalls - A

Pretty great crossover, but if I had any minor problems was that it had way too much detail, but its not that big a problem to me. I think the best part was that it proved how much you loved Misadventures because at times it felt like I was reading an actual episode of that show.

Now to change things up a bit. Two separate and different reviews of the infamous Adventures in Coralwood movie. One from the suspended KingofKlubs and the other from me

KingofKlubs Review of the Adventures in Coralwood Movie: *Insert obnoxiously low grade here*

Well well well… Guess I was right. You overhyped the crap out of this thing, and it fell flat. Way flat. Like horizon flat. But this is beside the point. The whole premise of this movie could've easily been a 2-Part episode; you didn't need a movie to announce you're bringing this show back. I mean, Coralwood Café running out of food? That doesn't really sound like a movie plot to me, but, that's just my opinion after all. Now, this is just one little thing, that doesn't really affect the grade, but I feel it should be said. You said they put on their water helmets, well, where did they get them? I know it's implied they got them at the Café, it's just kinda bugging me a bit. As for the "secondary" plot, you could say (Brandi getting tricked into marriage by Gerald) it just seems…. odd. Is she just that oblivious as to not to read the contract at all? Because I'm pretty sure a marriage contract would look different than a food one. ,':\ It's also REALLY out of the blue that a pelican would want to marry her, and just seemed like an idea you thought of in about two seconds. It's also odd how Brandi got persuaded so easily by Gerald; she really didn't give any second thought to it? All he had to say was "You'll never be happy again"? She didn't care about never seeing her friends again? Also, when they go to Gerald's father's house, Brandi said if he helped them, she'd marry Gerald? Wasn't she already going to do that? And it's really weird Gerald suddenly became rich, because you never mentioned it before, nor would it be implied in any case. Basically this entire review is going to revolve around how messed up, and how much little thought went into this whole Brandi/Gerald marriage, and how it strayed so far away from the intended plotline, so I'll stop repeating myself here and just say that whole plot turned me off from the movie completely. Now, for something NOT related to that horrible plot. Falconna. It's EXTREMELY convenient he can swim and breath underwater, last I checked, things from the surface couldn't do that. And don't say, "Well, you see, he had a helmet on…" because I'm going to contradict you right there unless you can explain how a giant bird got a water helmet. Why did I add "giant" in? Because apparently his foot was large enough to destroy the Coralwood Café, so just how huge WAS this bird, anyway? He grabbed food from Spongebob and Alexander, yet I don't believe a talon that large could grab onto something that small, let alone hold onto it. You made Brandi a black belt, strong enough to kick a giant falcon's butt? Where the hell did that come from? Seriously, unless Coralwood Café is really small, this bird must be huge, as I said, and how could a fish do that to a falcon without being eaten in the process? Now, the ending. Brandi pregnant. Again. REALLY out of the blue on that one. You gave no build up to that whatsoever, and unless there was a HUGE time gap between the end of the conflict, and them at the movie theater, how could Alexander slide to home that fast? I also have a little tick with them singing famous songs, but I can't really describe how I feel about it, because all I know is I'm just kinda annoyed you added that, but just disregard this, since I have no backup to it, so this didn't affect your grade.

Clapmaster's Review of the Adventures in Coralwood movie - Two and a Half out of Four Stars (since this is a movie review )

First off there are some points that I agree with the other review. The whole Brandi storyline bugged me. There were just some elements that annoyed me from being tricked into marriage and the whole blackbelt thing all the way to the random pregnancy. The main plot was also kinda iffy as well since I think you could have thought up something better for a movie than running out of food. That being said, I did enjoy this for what it was worth. You seemed to put a lot of time and effort into this and the creativity showed off despite some of the creativeness being out of the blue. So out of your three movies, The Sea Files Doomsday was great and the better of the other two but Adventures in Coralwood wasnt' bad. I dont if we should count the Perfectly Plankton one since it was back in the days of short plots, but that was good too.

DC-Dude

[1110]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 26
    clapmaster wrote:

Clapmaster's Review of the Adventures in Coralwood movie - Two and a Half out of Four Stars (since this is a movie review )

First off there are some points that I agree with the other review. The whole Brandi storyline bugged me. There were just some elements that annoyed me from being tricked into marriage and the whole blackbelt thing all the way to the random pregnancy. The main plot was also kinda iffy as well since I think you could have thought up something better for a movie than running out of food. That being said, I did enjoy this for what it was worth. You seemed to put a lot of time and effort into this and the creativity showed off despite some of the creativeness being out of the blue. So out of your three movies, The Sea Files Doomsday was great and the better of the other two but Adventures in Coralwood wasnt' bad. I dont if we should count the Perfectly Plankton one since it was back in the days of short plots, but that was good too.

I'm glad you also stated some high points of the movie in your review.

CF3689

[1112]Oct 14, 2009

4EverGreen wrote:
    All right then, I'll offer this as a rebuttal. First of all, your most recent episode of "The Squirrely Adventures of Sandy Cheeks;" which was "Squeaky's Halloween Adventure" or something like that, I'd give it an F. Murdering someone automatically made me dislike the episode! And I wasn't neccessarily bashing "Bikini Top." I was just saying (through Cosmo) that I didn't get the series. I'm just indifferent to it. And I AM really busy, I'm in college. So I can't be on every day even if I want to. And I HAVE been tweaking the characters a little to make them different from "Total Drama Island." First of all, I haven't eliminated the contestants in the exact same order, I had 24 contestants (2 joined later from the others) and I don't remember where it is that I said that my spin-off is superior to all the other spin-offs. I don't even know WHERE you would get that from! I have praised several other shows for their episodes, even going so far as to say that they're better than my own! Finally, maybe my plots ARE kind of wordy with a bunch of quotes, but that's just how I'm used to writing my episodes; I picked the method that works the best for me. That's all I want to say to you, so there.

What the--??? I DIDN'T write that review....70sguy did. I just posted it for him because he got banned, so that wasn't fair that you bashed MY show. Didn't you see at the bottom that I put "written by that70sguy" in all caps?

& besides, I don't write really long reviews....So...I'd like an apology.

Edited on 10/14/2009 1:04pm
    Edited 4 total times.

DC-Dude

[1113]Oct 14, 2009
    CF3689 wrote:

4EverGreen wrote:
    All right then, I'll offer this as a rebuttal. First of all, your most recent episode of "The Squirrely Adventures of Sandy Cheeks;" which was "Squeaky's Halloween Adventure" or something like that, I'd give it an F. Murdering someone automatically made me dislike the episode! And I wasn't neccessarily bashing "Bikini Top." I was just saying (through Cosmo) that I didn't get the series. I'm just indifferent to it. And I AM really busy, I'm in college. So I can't be on every day even if I want to. And I HAVE been tweaking the characters a little to make them different from "Total Drama Island." First of all, I haven't eliminated the contestants in the exact same order, I had 24 contestants (2 joined later from the others) and I don't remember where it is that I said that my spin-off is superior to all the other spin-offs. I don't even know WHERE you would get that from! I have praised several other shows for their episodes, even going so far as to say that they're better than my own! Finally, maybe my plots ARE kind of wordy with a bunch of quotes, but that's just how I'm used to writing my episodes; I picked the method that works the best for me. That's all I want to say to you, so there.

What the--??? I DIDN'T write that review....70sguy did. I just posted it for him because he got banned, so that wasn't fair that you bashed MY show. Didn't you see at the bottom that I put "written by that70sguy" in all caps?

& besides, I don't write really long reviews....So...I'd like an apology.

Actually, that70sguy92 did write it.

So what if he gave you a D? That doesn't mean that we don't want you to write any more Total Cartoon Island!

CF3689

[1115]Oct 16, 2009

4EverGreen wrote:
    Sorry about that. I thought the whole: Written by THAT70'SGUY was part of your character post. And I didn't say that your reviews were TOO wordy. I'll be generous and regrade your episode to a D+. (I still don't like the whole murdering thing.)

Ohhh. It's ok.

HaydenAvery

[1116]Oct 16, 2009
    i agree with that review. but dawn doesnt seem to want to take it if it isnt an A+.

Total Cartoon Island review B+

my favorite show is total drama! and its cool that you did it with cartoons. im doing a story based on it like that too. this has good potential besides having to spend 10 minutes reading it. cant wait to see who wins.

The_Cartoon

[1117]Oct 16, 2009
    • level: 20
    Bikini Top - C

Here me out 70's Guy. You are an amazing writer, one of the best that the Spin-Off World has ever seen. But this isn't a critique of writing. My problem is that this doesn't fit into the Spongebob world at all. In addition, you shine when your ideas are 100& original and not based on another show. I had the same problem with From The Abyss on both of those accounts. Searching For Sandy is fantastic because it is perfectly Spongebob. I remind you that I'm reviewing this as it is in the Spongebob forum. It is still very well done and if this wasn't a Spongebob Forum, you'd get an A+. You should absolutely continue it, this may just be the wrong place for it.

jjsthekid

[1118]Oct 17, 2009

I know i am not the news about shows person anymore ( I gave it to Clapmaster), but that doesn't mean i am not allowed to do Review Catch ups. Also, i think a more skilled creator should be The News about shows person, which is Clapmaster.

Bikini Bottom Adventures Season 2 Review: D

Listen Alexhates, please listen. I agree with Clapmaster, we just want this storyline to end. It's not funny at all or neat. Having yourself appear in your own show, is kind of dumb and odd idea ( No offense though) and we usually don't break the 4th wall that much. I am just trying to tell you that me and many others aren't enjoying this storyline and i know you might be enjoying it, but we really aren't. I will have to admit, there is some promise left for your show, but only if you can fix this storyline.

Just Like The Old Times Review: A

Another great episode The_Cartoon! This storyline is getting interesting and i can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the 3rd part.

The Coral Reef Of Horror Review: B

Kinboo, this show is alot better then Then your past show, but it is a little bit confusing at times. However, i do see some promise for it so it is not too bad.

The Wonderful World of the 1950s Review: B-

While it was confusing sometimes, your show looks neat and does have promise. I understand you only put this episode in is because it is a sneak peak for your upcoming show though.

dohnought

[1119]Oct 21, 2009

HaydenAvery wrote:
    but dawn doesnt seem to want to take it if it isnt an A+.

Um... are you blind? She clearly said "Ohh. It's ok."

Bikini Bottom Adventures: F

This show honestly has no potential left, well maybe a small glimmer. You've suddenly changed storylines from a lawsuit to a murder mystery? And I didn't know you had permission to use the cast list from Underwater Survival as your suspects. And making SpongeBob gay well.... REALLY bad choice, considering he's not gay and you're basically just bashing the show. Another thing, the characters are just usuals from Bikini Bottom, where the show takes place, so there's no originality whatsoever. Once again, your storylines are very poor, and unfunny, which is what you're trying to be IMO. Also, it's too random and seems like it takes you 2 seconds to write it. You should either actually have originality and get better storylines, or just cancel the show, because if you don't do the first choice, it will honestly lead you to the second.

Edited on 10/21/2009 11:30am

DC-Dude

[1120]Oct 21, 2009
    dohnought wrote:

Bikini Bottom Adventures: F

I didn't know you had permission to use the cast list from Underwater Survival as your suspects.

Say WHAT now?

Survivor: Holiday Hills: A-

This show is good, I'm really loving it- but I'm wondering what will go on throughout the series... keep me tuned in!

Edited on 10/21/2009 5:04pm