We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Spin-off Ideas (Episodes): Reviews

jjsthekid

[1061]Sep 20, 2009
    • level: 21

That's Zit Review: A+

Great episode from your show! I thought this was a good episode and keep up the good work.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

CF3689

[1062]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 22

It's Thanksgiving, Pierce Starfish: A

Nice Thanksgiving themed ep. Love it!

jjsthekid

[1063]Sep 21, 2009

The Blooper Reel Episode Review: A

Great job 4EverGreen! I can't wait for the rest of the episode and i can't wait to see who wins the first season too! Keep up the good work.

that70sguy92

[1064]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 16
    It's Thanksgiving, Pierce Starfish: A

This was a great Thanksgiving special! I love Thanksgiving, and I'm also a fan of holiday specials, and Pierce in the City of course. So, I obviously loved this episode.

jjsthekid

[1065]Sep 24, 2009

Pierce's Christmas Extravaganza Part 1 Review: A+

Good episode Clapmaster! It was the first part of the episode, so not much happens in the first part but this was a great first parter! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us for this Christmas special.

CF3689

[1066]Sep 25, 2009

Pierce's Christmas Extravaganza Pt 1: The Notrh Pole Express: A+

Really great!

Pierce's Christmas Extravaganza Pt 2: The Plot to Stop Christmas: A

Just as great as the 1st part! Can't wait for the third part!

jjsthekid

[1067]Sep 30, 2009

Winter Wonderland ( So Far) Review: A+

Great show The_Cartoon! This is indeed a great show so far, and i can't wait to see more.

bob_ball

[1068]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 13
    Hey guys another quick visit by yours truly and why not review since I have been keeping up with the spin-offs so here is the return of

MULTIPLE REVIEWS WITH BOB_BALL

Since I dont have much time on here, I'm going to review by shows

WARNING: In case you don't know me, I am a harsh critic and not afraid to speak my opinions so you have been forewarned.

Misadventures of Patrick Star - A+

Wow you sure have changed a lot since you first started posting over here. Your show hs become increasingly better and I think has potential to be up with Patrick's Paradise as the best Patrick spin-off ever. I look forward to reading more and more the next time I get a chance to come on again

Pierce In The City - A

Just like above, I think Pierce In The City has potential to be up with Star City as best spin-off of a spin-off. Then again clappy, I am not surprised because you constantly deliver some of the most awesome spin-offs (aside from Traveling Towers which was pretty generic)

Underwater Survival - A-

Pretty much Underwater Idol 2.0, but I don't care. I loved Underwater Idol and so far am loving this one too. I think DC-Dude and semi-reality spin-offs are like peanut butter and jelly. They work well together.

Mermaid Man: The Brave and The Bold - B

Its a good show, but I think that it needs a major overhaul cause Season 3 so far has been kinda dull to me. Maybe a darker edge perhaps, but I know that you can make this show better because you are a great creator.

Winter Wonderland - C-

The_Cartoon you are one of my best friends on this site. Your comment on my farewell blog helped me realize that I should never fully leave tv.com. I have loved every show you have ever done from Survivor to Livin Like Larry to The Krusty Train. As for this show, it kind of hurts me to say this. I hate the idea of a Christmas spin-off and this did nothing to make me change my mind. When I read you were doing this, I thought you could possibly make it work, but it just furthered my point. The pilot was incredibly boring and I just did not enjoy it at all. Maybe you can incorporate this idea into a X-mas special instead because that would be more well fitted. The Adventures of No-Name - D+

This show is just really dull and really confusing. A show about No Name is just a boring idea to begin with and this is only furthering my point that not all characters (even the minorest of characters) can make a interesting show idea.

SeaSpongez

[1069]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 14
    "The Adventures of No Name" reminds me of most spin-offs in the classic era. Short and to the point, without any serious themes or drama. You may all disagree, but I like it. I find it a breath of fresh air. Score: A-

that70sguy92

[1070]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 16
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    "The Adventures of No Name" reminds me of most spin-offs in the classic era. Short and to the point, without any serious themes or drama. You may all disagree, but I like it. I find it a breath of fresh air. Score: A-
    But -- it makes absolutely 0% sense. And I've read the old shows. Some of them had serious themes or drama.

jjsthekid

[1071]Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, i know Bob_Ball that season 3 hasn't been as great as the other 2 seasons so far, but i was busy posting Patrick's Mansion, and i have awesome ideas for season 3 planned.

Story Time- Thology 1 : A Hero's Tale Review: A+

Another great episode from your show Terminoob! Your show has been awesome so far, and it is pretty cool to have a spin-off about that character, and i can't wait to read more.

DC-Dude

[1072]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 26

Winter Wonderland: A

Great show, just wondering, what are you going to do next on Winter Wonderland? You already made the basic idea of Xmas, so I'm curious to see what's in store! Also, I'd like to do a crossover with WW about the contestants on Underwater Survival!

SeaSpongez

[1073]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 14
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    SeaSpongez wrote:
    But -- it makes absolutely 0% sense. And I've read the old shows. Some of them had serious themes or drama.
    Well now that I reread it, I must admit, I did overrate it. I think I was so happy to see a very simple and yet at the same time not poorly grammered spin-off that I hardly read it before automatically liking it. In reality, I give it a C, maybe a C-.

The_Cartoon

[1074]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 20
    No problem at all Bob_Ball. I appreciate the honest review, everyone needs a kick every now and then to help improve. It's funny that you should mention it being a special though. Because Winter Wonderland is actually not going to be like most other Spin-Offs, it is going to be a miniseries. And I swear I had decided that before your review. More details in the News About Spin-Offs Thread. Thanks again for the review

jjsthekid

[1075]Oct 3, 2009

Total Sponge Island ( So Far) Review: B

Well for starters welcome to the spongebob spin-offs! Anyways, your idea has promise but you need more detail and there were some grammer errors. Even though Total Drama Island themed spin-offs have been used before, this looks like a great idea, but you need to add details.

However, i can't wait to see more.

ProfessorIkubi

[1076]Oct 3, 2009
    • level: 2
    jjsthekid wrote:

Total Sponge Island ( So Far) Review: B

Well for starters welcome to the spongebob spin-offs! Anyways, your idea has promise but you need more detail and there were some grammer errors. Even though Total Drama Island themed spin-offs have been used before, this looks like a great idea, but you need to add details.

However, i can't wait to see more.

Wow, thanks.

I'll work on more detail.. Hmm, grammer errors eh? I'll try fix them and make more episodes.

jjsthekid

[1077]Oct 3, 2009

Your welcome. And your idea does sound great because i do enjoy Total Drama Island themed spin-offs.

A Starfish New Years Fiesta Review: A+

Pretty good crossover Clapmaster. I wasn't really expecting a giant crossover like that, but it was a neat idea and i don't think there has been a New Years themed episode before. And, if this was the first New Years themed episode of a spin-off, it was a great one! Keep up the good work.

CF3689

[1078]Oct 6, 2009

The Potential Break Up Episode: A+

Shocking ep Oooooh, I can't wait to find out what happens

DC-Dude

[1080]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 26
    KingofKlubs13 wrote:

Mermaid Man: The Brave and The Bold (so far): A...

Don't get too happy-go-lucky. A means "All of the above." What is "above" you ask? Well, I couldn't decide on what grade to give this show, so, here is everything that is "above." *takes in deep breath* T for Terrible, S for Snore Fest, H for Hand me the Barf Bag, F for Fail, and P for Phail. *exhales* Starting to get the picture? Look, I see (some) potential left in this show, but with the route you're taking it, it won't reach it's potential at all. Season 3, while my characters are included, is, as bob_ball said, dull. Leave the "crossovers" and "holiday episodes" in the dust, and focus on the actual plot of the show. Now, on to the actual episodes. You're writing style is... different, to say the least. You put WAY, and I mean, WAAAAAAAAY too many smilies per episode, and don't criticize me for putting them in my episodes, I put one, two at most, and not even in every episode. If you "" at you're own jokes, that makes you seem (no offense intended) very stupid, unless they're actually funny, which, truth be told, they are not. You also have the "Area Debut" thing at the end of each episode if a new town/city/building was visited. Now, I don't mind this, but if you're going to do this, at least make the locations reappear in future episodes, or have Mermaid Man remember something that happened there (for example, have a villain do something in one area and have him seemingly do nothing, then a few episodes later, have that villain or his sidekick appear in a different area, and have Mermaid Man remember the thing that happened in the first area, if that makes sense.) Another thing, it's either the BIGGEST coincidence, or you're basically copying me. I did Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: Unite! you do Mermaid Man: The Brave and The Bold. Both Mermaid Man based spin-offs. I do SpongeCraft, you do Patrick's Mansion. Both video game based spin-offs. I swear to God, if your next spin-off involves a minor characters past (WHICH, I might add, ALMOST happened) I'm going to go insane, because you need to think of your own ideas (only the Gary one and Fred's Roadtrip were original, since Scooter's Paradise was basically Patrick's Paradise -.-) Hm.... I feel like I need to say something else.... Oh yea. As I stated before, you do crossovers/specials too often, not sure if I told you this or not, but DON'T HAVE CROSSOVERS UNLESS THEY ADVANCE THE PLOT! Having meaningless crossovers is pointless, sure, one or two would be fine, but seriously, none of yours advance whatever type of plot you have at all. On to the characters... Gee, I've read your spin-offs, I really have, and, to be completely honest, your created characters have little to no personality dimension at all. Take notes from my spin-offs, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: Unite! and SpongeCraft. If you took the time to read those, my absolute favorite characters I've EVER used were Jack and Alvin, simply because of the directions I took with them. Jack acts nice at first, gains your trust, and strikes when the time is right. Alvin was this lonely little elf boy who was too scared to do anything, and look what happened with him during Season 3. And I'm not trying to sound concieted, Jack and Alvin are easy to take notes from (and they were the first two characteres to pop into my head...) Ok, so, I covered most of the basics, now, this next one isn't extreme, but it annoys the living tartar sauce out of me. SPELL HERO RIGHT DAMMIT!!!!! NO E!!!!!!! I'm an f'ing grammar nazi, the ONE thing I can't stand is when people don't use correct grammar or spelling, which is part of the reason this show annoys me. Last thing I wanted to mention, remember how you had Water Guy disappear into mist? Yea. Not gonna cut it. I thought this was an action show, dude. "Vanishing into mist" doesn't cut it in action. Make someone die for crying out loud, or at least end up in the Hospital from serious injuries or something.

This whole review may sound like a rant, mostly because, it is. I'm tired of you acting like you're on your high horse or something, when truthfully, you aren't.

Now I'm scared that you'll review my show! (Which will you, please? I need some constructive critisism. You seem like an honest critic when it comes to spin-offs!)