We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

SpongeBob SquarePants Forums

Weekdays 5:00 PM on NickelodeonIn Season

Spin-off Ideas (Episodes): Reviews

jjsthekid

[1041]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 21
    CF3689 wrote:

Patrick's Mansion: D

Sorry, but I didn't really like it. It was kinda boring & a little too short.

Maybe if you made it a tad longer, it'd be better

Well, i guess i will cancel it then. I will just go back to MermaidMan : The Brave and the bold. I kind of got bored of Patrick's Mansion though.

The Road Back To WaterFalls Review: A+

A Great season finale to your show that70sguy92! I enjoyed it and i can't wait to see what you have in store for us next season.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

DC-Dude

[1042]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 26

A review of Patrick's Mansion:

Pilot- B+

Although it was a little short to be going for 23 minutes, a pilot is a pilot, and pilots are made to set up the series.

The Closet- A

I think your show has a lot of potential. I don't see why everyone is giving it a D. I think it's great- but the only thing I would reccomend is adding a little more to the plot. Otherwise, Patrick's Mansion is a show like no other that I think is very creative.

jjsthekid

[1043]Sep 15, 2009
    DC-Dude wrote:

A review of Patrick's Mansion:

Pilot- B+

Although it was a little short to be going for 23 minutes, a pilot is a pilot, and pilots are made to set up the series.

The Closet- A

I think your show has a lot of potential. I don't see why everyone is giving it a D. I think it's great- but the only thing I would reccomend is adding a little more to the plot. Otherwise, Patrick's Mansion is a show like no other that I think is very creative.

Thank you for backing me up DC-Dude. I am glad someone liked my show and maybe, i will go back to it, at least because someone liked it. Well, that depends what the others think.

If U Seek James Review: A

Good episode of your show! This episode proves you are doing good so far and keep up the good work!

CF3689

[1044]Sep 15, 2009
    • level: 22

If U Seek James: A

Keeps getting better! I love it!

clapmaster

[1045]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 20
    REVIEW CLAP UP

Patrick's Mansion Pilot - C

It wasnt as bad as I thought it was based off the other reviews, but it was a little below average. It could have been a little more helpful to know what contest they won and just make it more detailed in general. Sorry

The Closet - B

However The Closet was a vast improvement and was a good, but short episode. I would like to know what was inside of it and hope that someday you do come back to Patrick's Mansion to reveal what was inside.

A Frozen Discovery - A

I don't know why, but I think that Freeze might be my most favorite villan you've made yet as my favorite superpower is the ability to freeze objects. Besides my crush on Freeze, this was a great season opener.

Born To Be Wild - B+

I don't know why but while reading this episode, I kinda had deja vu to the series Wacky Races with Manray always trying to sabotage Rider and ending up backfiring. Pretty much I enjoyed this one too.

If U Seek James - A

Ugh I am now getting nervous for my first appearance on the team because thesuitelife and that70sguy have made it so great so far and I don't want to mess up the good mojo going. Well I am still going to give it my best shot and this episode was great BTW

A Rusty Orc - A

Oooo a play off tournament. Sounds like fun. I absolutely loved the SpongeBob and Squidward fight and the epic facepalm lol. Obviously Sandy would beat old man krabs and I am stoked with anticipation to see the Alvin and Patrick face off since that one can go either way.

Kindergarden Daze - B+

This pilot was very good and extremely melodramatic poor Bourne. The kindergarden plot kinda threw me off, but hey all life stories need to start off somewhere. Even if the person was number 1

The Road Back To WaterFalls - A++

I'll be honest, I was kinda disappointed with Wandering and Jack, but you made me forget about those two episodes with this amazing season finale....what's a cliffhanger ? Bring on Season 3 whenever you want, we'll be waiting for what happened with Calvin in the meantime

jjsthekid

[1046]Sep 16, 2009

Back To School Review: A+

Ah, another great episode from your show. I have been enjoying your spin-offs for teens exclusive episodes and this was a great one!

that70sguy92

[1047]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 16
    Hero Rockers: C-

Okay, first of all, this episode touched many of my pet peeves. One of the pet peeves, not asking to do a crossover. I usually don't mention it, but I feel now that you should have asked me to do this, since The Guitar Lord is an ended show, and I don't think it should be touched while it's ended/ on hiatus. Another pet peeve is the way you spell the word 'hero'. You're spelling it wrong. My advice to you is to type these episodes up on Microsoft Word, and edit them at least twice. Then, you most likely won't have spelling/grammar errors. Now, to the episode itself. I didn't really like the story. It just didn't feel right to me. And when has Zeus ever been in any sort of concert? Sure, he plays with his little band on his public access TV show, but nothing more than that. So, I just felt like you didn't do my show justice, and you didn't ask permission to use it in your show. When I did my four-part crossover, I asked dragiiin if I could crossover with his show, with the show he'd worked extensively on. You should do others that same courtesy.

jjsthekid

[1048]Sep 16, 2009

Court Is Now in Session Review: A+

Your show just gets better and better DC-Dude! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next time.

Edited on 09/16/2009 5:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.

that70sguy92

[1049]Sep 16, 2009
    jjsthekid wrote:

that70sguy92 wrote:
    Hero Rockers: C- Okay, first of all, this episode touched many of my pet peeves. One of the pet peeves, not asking to do a crossover. I usually don't mention it, but I feel now that you should have asked me to do this, since The Guitar Lord is an ended show, and I don't think it should be touched while it's ended/ on hiatus. Another pet peeve is the way you spell the word 'hero'. You're spelling it wrong. My advice to you is to type these episodes up on Microsoft Word, and edit them at least twice. Then, you most likely won't have spelling/grammar errors. Now, to the episode itself. I didn't really like the story. It just didn't feel right to me. And when has Zeus ever been in any sort of concert? Sure, he plays with his little band on his public access TV show, but nothing more than that. So, I just felt like you didn't do my show justice, and you didn't ask permission to use it in your show. When I did my four-part crossover, I asked dragiiin if I could crossover with his show, with the show he'd worked extensively on. You should do others that same courtesy.

Ok, you know what that70sguy92? I don't know why you have been disliking my recent episodes of my shows but i will say this : If you are just mad at me because of something, that is no reason to give my show bad reviews. If you keep doing it, then i will start thinking about cancelling it. As for my spelling error, i always spell it as Heroe, because i always thought that was the actual way to spell it. And i have done crossovers with shows that have ended before, and the creator didn't have a problem at all. And, please don't be rude like that next time.

Your show just gets better and better DC-Dude! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next time.

How was that rude, at all? What's rude is you assuming that I'm angry in you in some way. I'm critiquing your show, the point of this thread. Honestly, I haven't liked your show recently, and that's why I'm giving it a bad review. Not because I'm angry with you. Though now, I kind of am. I was giving you advice, or constructive criticism, and then you're rude to me.

DC-Dude

[1050]Sep 16, 2009
    • level: 26
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    jjsthekid wrote:

that70sguy92 wrote:
    Hero Rockers: C- Okay, first of all, this episode touched many of my pet peeves. One of the pet peeves, not asking to do a crossover. I usually don't mention it, but I feel now that you should have asked me to do this, since The Guitar Lord is an ended show, and I don't think it should be touched while it's ended/ on hiatus. Another pet peeve is the way you spell the word 'hero'. You're spelling it wrong. My advice to you is to type these episodes up on Microsoft Word, and edit them at least twice. Then, you most likely won't have spelling/grammar errors. Now, to the episode itself. I didn't really like the story. It just didn't feel right to me. And when has Zeus ever been in any sort of concert? Sure, he plays with his little band on his public access TV show, but nothing more than that. So, I just felt like you didn't do my show justice, and you didn't ask permission to use it in your show. When I did my four-part crossover, I asked dragiiin if I could crossover with his show, with the show he'd worked extensively on. You should do others that same courtesy.

Ok, you know what that70sguy92? I don't know why you have been disliking my recent episodes of my shows but i will say this : If you are just mad at me because of something, that is no reason to give my show bad reviews. If you keep doing it, then i will start thinking about cancelling it. As for my spelling error, i always spell it as Heroe, because i always thought that was the actual way to spell it. And i have done crossovers with shows that have ended before, and the creator didn't have a problem at all. And, please don't be rude like that next time.

How was that rude, at all? What's rude is you assuming that I'm angry in you in some way. I'm critiquing your show, the point of this thread. Honestly, I haven't liked your show recently, and that's why I'm giving it a bad review. Not because I'm angry with you. Though now, I kind of am. I was giving you advice, or constructive criticism, and then you're rude to me.

First of all, thanks for the A+!

Second of all, while critiquing (or however it is spelled) is supposed to be fun in this case, we shouldn't take it to extremes. We also shouldn't be taken aback or disappointed with the ratings, because that's how we learned. I don't usually ask permission from others to do a crossover, I just announce it on the News and Announcements thread. But in your case, if you prefer to be asked first, then now jjsthekid knows for next time.

END OF DISCUSSION.

jjsthekid

[1051]Sep 16, 2009

Thank You for somewhat backing me up DC-Dude. Oh, and just because i did a crossover with a show, doesn't mean it will effect that show unless the creator wants something from that crossover in it. Like, in Fred's Road Trip, i did a crossover with Spin-Off Action, and it didn't effect Clapmaster's show in any way. Do you see what i mean that70sguy92? Like, if in a crossover i add a new character, that doesn't mean You have to put that in the show. Crossovers are for fun. And if the creator doesn't come online anymore, it's ok to do a crossover, even with a ended show.

Man Up Review: A+

Wow, you just get better and better! I can't wait to see what happens next time. Keep up the good work!

Edited on 09/16/2009 5:34pm

that70sguy92

[1052]Sep 16, 2009
    DC-Dude wrote:
    that70sguy92 wrote:
    jjsthekid wrote:

that70sguy92 wrote:

First of all, thanks for the A+!

Second of all, while critiquing (or however it is spelled) is supposed to be fun in this case, we shouldn't take it to extremes. We also shouldn't be taken aback or disappointed with the ratings, because that's how we learned. I don't usually ask permission from others to do a crossover, I just announce it on the News and Announcements thread. But in your case, if you prefer to be asked first, then now jjsthekid knows for next time.

END OF DISCUSSION.

Alright, first of all, don't say things like "END OF DISCUSSION" . Second of all, how did I take it to the extremes? I didn't like an episode, I gave it a C-. And the only problem I had was that he crossed over with a show I had ended. END OF DISCUSSION.

CF3689

[1053]Sep 16, 2009

In Your Hands: A+

Great start to season 3! I hope Jeremy will be ok. Can't wait to read more!

Priya Off of Her: A

I love it! Can't wait for ep 17!

Edited on 09/16/2009 7:03pm
    Edited 2 total times.

The_Cartoon

[1054]Sep 16, 2009
    Patrick's Mansion (So Far) - B+

I don't think you should cancel it first of all. I love the paranormal theme and Luigi's Mansion. I think that you are doing a nice job of differing your show from the real game. I'm glad that in the latest episode you added more details and it was great. I'd go through at least one season before you make such a big decision. The reason for that is, you should create the show because you enjoy it, not only for reviews. I see a lot of potential from the series. Enough said.

jjsthekid

[1055]Sep 16, 2009

Thank You The_Cartoon.

MermaidMan : The Brave, The Minorly Average, and The Bold( Part 2) Review: B+

Honestly, i was enjoying your crossover with my show, but then it got dull at this part. I kind of got bored at times, but still, I did enjoy reading it and it wasn't so bad for a crossover with my show.

4EverGreen

[1056]Sep 17, 2009
    • level: 44
    clapmaster wrote:
    Cartoon GUTS - ? I loved GUTS when I was a kid. I do admit that the past couple eppys I've read of TCI were similar to TDI, but Cartoon GUTS has been refreshing so far. The ? mark is for it being incomplete at the moment but so far so excellent.
    I've completely written up the episode now, the 2nd part is on the Episodes thread. I sure would appreciate it if you reviewed the whole thing.

clapmaster

[1057]Sep 17, 2009
    4EverGreen wrote:
    clapmaster wrote:
    Cartoon GUTS - ? I loved GUTS when I was a kid. I do admit that the past couple eppys I've read of TCI were similar to TDI, but Cartoon GUTS has been refreshing so far. The ? mark is for it being incomplete at the moment but so far so excellent.
    I've completely written up the episode now, the 2nd part is on the Episodes thread. I sure would appreciate it if you reviewed the whole thing.

Well since I've got nothing to do at the moment, I'll do another edition of Review Clap Up with your latest episode as one of the reviewed

REVIEW CLAP UP

Cartoon GUTS - A+

You followed up your first part, with an equally as great second part. However, your finalists of Stimpy and Sandy really don't surprise me, cuz ever since I've noticed Stimpy and Sandy had Owen and Gwen like qualities, I've been thinking that those two would be the final two. Still, I am stoked to read the finals

Court Is Now In Session - A

The episode was great and while the topic you chose was a bad topic to discuss, you made the best of what you chose and Angela being voted out early is kinda a twist, but now her and her BFF Pearl can be together .

Man Up - A

A great follow up to your last episode, but how am I not surprised that Alvin won and will get the orc powers. Oh well better than SpongeBob I assume. I'm stoked to see how you will follow this up because these past two episodes have sparked my interest even more for Spongecraft

In Your Hands - A

Jeremy better not die! I need him for my crossover that I told you about . However, I could make due with Calvin instead. As for the episode in general, I really did think that would be the other way around (Calvin getting hurt instead of Jeremy), but the element of surprise got me and this episode was wonderful

Devising A Plan/Adrenaline - B

Two of your more weaker episodes from your series that70sguy, but the thing that made them still good was the character development improvement of Calvin as he is really starting to feel the evil rush get to him. Plus I admit that I lol'ed at Patrick's line about Jeremy being able to do better after getting trapped in a cage

Double Trouble - B+

This series started of slow, but has now been making huge strides of improvement. Even if this is going to be a recurring series, but it is indeed getting better and this episode kinda proves it as it is finally going to snap out of the video game tutorial mode that its currently in.

Chum Everywhere - B+

Poor Plankton, not even fellow evil geniuses/villans love his chum . My Plankton fanboy love aside, I have a weird suspicion that Plankton shall become an evil villan in your Mermaid Man show and heck I'm all for it as this was a good way to bring him in.

Priya Off Of Her Priya - A-

First of all, D&J reference FTW, but Zoey 101 reference FTL . The episode itself was great, but the minus was for that it kinda dragged at some points with all the drama. Still, thank goodness that its not on hiatus like I thought it was.

CF3689

[1058]Sep 17, 2009

Oh. Snap!: B+

Very interesting. Can't wait to see what the future eps have in store

jjsthekid

[1059]Sep 19, 2009

The Adventures Of No Name ( So Far) Review: A+

First of all, welcome to the spongebob spin-offs! I am the current news about shows person and i have been enjoying your show so far.

It is pretty cool to have a No Name spin-off about that jellyfish and i have been enjoying it.

that70sguy92

[1060]Sep 19, 2009
    The Adventures of No Name (so far): D

From the start, all this did was confuse me. Plus, it was REALLY boring. I don't really know why jjsthekid gave it an A+. Maybe we were reading a different episode. Or maybe he was cutting you some slack since you're new to spin-offs, I don't know. All I do know is that this was bland and confusing, and you need to work to improve it.