We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iStart A Fan War" Episode Discussion

KJLwriter

[201]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 8
    Yeah, I think the speech at the end was a message to everyone to pay attention to the show itself, not the possibility of seddie or creddie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NegiSpongie

[202]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 20
    I think a lot of people tend to interept the speech wrong at the end.
    The way I see it, Carly was talking about the WEBSHOW which the whole panel was about anyway. Also, it's true that the webshow is only about humor and never romance. Plus the fact that unlike us as fans of the actual show, the fans in the show don't know about Carly, Sam, and Freddie's lives outside of the webshow, so don't know about any romantic moments between the. So shipping Creddie and Seddie is something the crazy fans choose to do despite not having actual proof like we do from episodes like iK, iSYL ect.

vanillacupcakes

[203]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 16
    Although they are talking about the webshow, it is also Dan's way of trying to get us to shut up about shipping in the actual tv show. The whole Seddie and Creddie thing is definitely based off of real life.

saylavee

[204]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 18
    Is Dan guna post funfacts for this episode?

vanillacupcakes

[205]Nov 21, 2010
    I was wondering if he was too at first, but I don't think he will.

xiaxia123

[206]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 4
    I hope all those utterly insane Jathan and Niranda shippers get Carly/Miranda's message. iCarly, both the webshow and the show in real life is based off of comedy. Doing real life shipping, such as Jathan and Niranda, is taking things too far.

Zwingli4

[207]Nov 21, 2010

I agree with LampEc the Spencer/Jack Black costume battle was the funniest part of the show. When Jack Black started giving the proper color sequence for the jewels on Aruthor's (sp?) belt I started losing it. It reminded me of Myrna Loy describing colors to the painters in "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dreamhouse."

Edited on 11/22/2010 10:14am

RemDiamond

[208]Nov 21, 2010
    • level: 5
    I love that movie; any movie with Cary Grant.

LampEC

[209]Nov 22, 2010

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Oh okay, I misunderstood. Yes, Spencer is the only one who is always funny. He can deliver any line and make it sound hilarious. The iCarly trio is often funny but not all the time. It mostly depends on the plot and the lines given to them.
    Agreed. I think it works out best that way anyways. For a show about three friends you can't expect them to be funny all the time. There are going to be serious moments that require comic relief. Jerry Trainor as Spencer is the absolute perfect guy for the job .>

Oh and I'm sure no one cares but I've now traced the "happy birthday" running gag all the way back to iGo To Japan in Season 2. >.>

Edited on 11/22/2010 3:01pm

ultimatekey

[210]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 22
    The movie was really good IMO

LOL at Gavin when the flare exploded at him

BTW, I'm surprised Nickelodeon let Jack Black say the "d" word.

nicknameless101

[211]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 25

LampEC wrote:

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Oh okay, I misunderstood. Yes, Spencer is the only one who is always funny. He can deliver any line and make it sound hilarious. The iCarly trio is often funny but not all the time. It mostly depends on the plot and the lines given to them.
    Agreed. I think it works out best that way anyways. For a show about three friends you can't expect them to be funny all the time. There are going to be serious moments that require comic relief. Jerry Trainor as Spencer is the absolute perfect guy for the job .>

Oh and I'm sure no one cares but I've now traced the "happy birthday" running gag all the way back to iGo To Japan in Season 2. >.>

I thought Guppy first appeared in iPsycho...

nicknameless101

[212]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 25

ultimatekey wrote:
    The movie was really good IMO LOL at Gavin when the flare exploded at him BTW, I'm surprised Nickelodeon let Jack Black say the "d" word.
    Who's Gavin? And what "d" word are you talking about?

RomanZolanski

[213]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 12

^Gavin's the guy from Drake&Josh; he worked with Josh at the Premiere, and he made an appearence in this episode when he was like "Hey Eric, hey Craig. How are you boys?" But yeah, what was the "d" word? Dxck?

LampEC

[214]Nov 22, 2010
    Yes but the joke where people say "happy birthday" goes all the way back to that episode (as far as I can tell). The Japanese guards outside of the iWeb Awards has a sign and one of them say Happy Birthday. In another earlier episode Spencer tries to get Gibby to leave the apartment by saying a bunch of random stuff; Spencer says Happy Birthday as Gibby's in the elevator and Gibby says "but it's not my birthday".

teenj12

[215]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 26

I liked how we saw Pam trying be a better mom to Sam. I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet. I also loved the many great references to iPyscho!

vanillacupcakes

[216]Nov 22, 2010

xiaxia123 wrote:
    I hope all those utterly insane Jathan and Niranda shippers get Carly/Miranda's message. iCarly, both the webshow and the show in real life is based off of comedy. Doing real life shipping, such as Jathan and Niranda, is taking things too far.

Nope, I didn't really get the message because I still ship. I've always known it's about the comedy and I LOVE the comedy, but I will still ship. The characters are relatable people and I like seeing them go through relationships and the different milestones thatpeople in real lifego through. Along with the comedy to make it light-hearted and make me smile or be amused. As for the actors I ship both(kinda) as friends and I admire their chemistry and friendship. I think that is what makes Creddie and Seddie such great shippings. Yes I youtube videos of them hanging out and I actually look at photos of them together, tweets amongst each other, etc to notice pointless things like "Hey, Jennette didn't tweet Nathan a happy birthday!" that are irrelevant to the world. They are down to earth people so I like tracking them down more because like the iCarly characters, they are more relatable than people like Miley.

You guys have probably already seen this, but Dan wrote an "apology" on his blog saying that he has no control over the sneak peeks, themisleading promos, and the comments being deleted. Apparently the admins who run his blog delete anything that could cause a fight so they delete all negative comments. ALSO there will be something big(possibly shippy?) ina few months. He sayshe is only exaggerating the actions of the fans who are super crazy and physical blah blah blah.

http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2001/11/to-any-icarly-fan-who-didnt-like-istart.html

kurain

[217]Nov 22, 2010
    • level: 4

Nothing wrong with shipping. It's just human nature to do a little character shipping every now and then. (I do agree the IRL shipping is taking it too far, with the possible exception of good parody. But the first and last time I walked into a misc. fanfic page containing RPF... well, let's just say the best brand of brain bleach still hasn't erased the horrors from my memory)

But the show existed before the shipping, and will still go on whether or not anyone gets together. At least, that sounded like the message of the episode Smile

ultimatekey

[218]Nov 23, 2010
    • level: 22
    nicknameless101 wrote:

ultimatekey wrote:
    The movie was really good IMO LOL at Gavin when the flare exploded at him BTW, I'm surprised Nickelodeon let Jack Black say the "d" word.
    Who's Gavin? And what "d" word are you talking about?

d*mnation, isn't that a curse word?

vanillacupcakes

[219]Nov 23, 2010
    Damnation?? No....is it??? I never really say that so IDK.

LampEC

[220]Nov 24, 2010
    Not really...damnation is a state. A curse word is (imo) usually insulting someone or a nasty word.