We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iStart A Fan War" Episode Discussion

vanillacupcakes

[221]Nov 24, 2010
    • level: 16
    Well damnation could also mean like...sending to hell. Like eternal damnation. I still don't count it as a swear word though.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nicknameless101

[222]Nov 25, 2010
    • level: 25

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    Well damnation could also mean like...sending to hell. Like eternal damnation. I still don't count it as a swear word though.
    Yeah me neither.

TeemerDJ

[223]Nov 25, 2010
    • level: 12
    This episode seemed really fun even though I watched it for the first time last night while barely paying attention because I was on the internet. The things I loved the most were the appearances of former Zoey 101/Drake and Josh characters.

Craig and Eric haven't changed one bit in the four years since we saw them, niether has Gavin.

I LOVE continuity: "I want to apologize for my speech impediment. I was cured for a while, but I suffered a relapse."

stui8

[224]Nov 25, 2010
    • level: 30

teenj12 wrote:

I missed a few parts of the episode, but I seened a good chunk of it. It was alright. The fan war with the trio was well a littlefunny, but what about the twist? No twist? God, that sucks. Gibby/Guppy was, well....................completely forgetable, extremely worthless, and overall, medicore.

Spencer/Jack Black Fan war - Good, but repetive. Overall, ISYL, iPsyco, iDo, and iQuit iCarly were all better specials than this.

Seened? you u mean saw a huge chunk?

anyways i didn't like this episode. The whole plot was irrelvenat to the show. really just 45 minuets of debate. The whole subplot was stupid. my favorite parts were the gibby/guppy and grandpa and a few other parts.

I have a feeling Dan got the idea for this episode from the tv.com forums.

Edited on 11/27/2010 2:10pm

RomanZolanski

[225]Nov 25, 2010
    This episode was sorta good, except that the iCarly gang didn't have any funny lines, Gibby wasn't himself (always screaming and getting angry), and the twist was that she revealed she liked Adam, then just left him to get hurt by the fans. :/

Stacey's line about her lisp was funny, and made me happy that they remembered about her getting cured. Craig (or Eric, idk which is which; the one with the glasses) seems a little older to me, like he isn't a teenager anymore (look closely!). And Gavin seemed a little creepy when he said hi to the nerds, like he was an old man trying to rape them ("How are you boys?")

Spencer's plot was funny, except they stretched it out and for multiple scenes, all they were doing was dissing each other. In my opinion, this episode shouldn't have been a two-part episode.

What would satisfy me: Freddie actually falling for one of the girls (preferably Sam), and then that would be the twist. But no, this episode was just basically them trying to stop the fan-war, nothing to do with relationships (except for the Adam thing, which seemed dumb to me because I would've liked it better if he wasn't the jealous-type).

All in all, this was a good episode, but not two-part worthy.

teenj12

[226]Nov 25, 2010
    • level: 26

stui8 wrote:

teenj12 wrote:

I missed a few parts of the episode, but I seened a good chunk of it. It was alright. The fan war with the trio was well a littlefunny, but what about the twist? No twist? God, that sucks. Gibby/Guppy was, well....................completely forgetable, extremely worthless, and overall, medicore.

Spencer/Jack Black Fan war - Good, but repetive. Overall, ISYL, iPsyco, iDo, and iQuit iCarly were all better specials than this.

Seened? you u mean saw saw a huge chunk?

anyways i didn't like this episode. The whole plot was irrelvenat to the show. really just 45 minuets of debate. The whole subplot was stupid. my favorite parts were the gibby/guppy and grandpa and a few other parts.

I have a feeling Dan got the idea for this episode from the tv.com forums.

I saw a huge chunk, I didn't saw saw a huge chunk." Hypocrisy" my dear Stui8.

You try to make me look stupid and you get burned B*tch.

Zwingli4

[227]Nov 26, 2010

Thinking about this for a while it seems to me Dan thinks he made a big mistake with Carly and Sam getting kissy faced in previous episodes. He did stir up a bit of a hornets nest, it seems, with the shippers. I think this eppy was his attempt to get the genie back in the bottle. And did he or will he succeed? No way Jose!!!! Tongue out

Edited on 11/26/2010 4:14pm

sockstar

[228]Nov 26, 2010

RomanZolanski wrote:
    What would satisfy me: Freddie actually falling for one of the girls (preferably Sam), and then that would be the twist.

Everything Freddie has ever done (including iKiss, but making it clear it doesn't mean anything), indicates he's already fallen for Carly, and still loves her.

RomanZolanski

[229]Nov 26, 2010
    ^But Freddie doesn't even try anymore to get with Carly. It seems as though he gave up in "iSaved Your Life", and he didn't even get jealous when Carly was falling for Adam (sure, he was making noises and stuff, but he was just annoyed or disgusted, like any other guy, not because he was jealous).

And now, Sam and Freddie barely even fight anymore. It would be awesome if Freddie or Sam revealed to the other about their true feelings. Why? Because Freddie ruined his chance with Carly enough times, and now it's time for Sam's turn (if in the end one of the shippers came true). And if Dan doesn't want anyone dating anyone, then fine; but if he did, I would prefer Seddie.

vanillacupcakes

[230]Nov 26, 2010

@Roman:
    1. Well it is possible Freddie was jealous of Adam, but still wanted Carly to be happy. There is the theory that he knows fawning over her won't do anything and the only thing to do is wait for her to feel comfortable to be in a relationship. All of that time in season 2before iSYL, it "seemed" he didn'tstill have feelings for Carly because he didn't declare it to the world, but iniSYL you can tell that all this time he was just hiding his feelings. How do you know that he isn't doing that now? If Creddie gets together, that is how I would like it to develop, because I have always wanted Freddie to give her more space and not force anything. He could definitely be over her, but it's good tostay open minded of the possibilitiesso if Creddie does happen we won't be all surprised and ticked off. lol.
    2. They may not necessarily "fight", but that is because Freddie no longer reciprocates the action. He's sort of given up and hasn't gotten worked up over it, but Sam continues her abuse. I thought she stopped, but after iSell Penny Tees I realized she still hits him and he just takes it. I think it would have to take a few more episodes of her "calming down" and more development between the two of them before they would get together. I think they do get along more than before though....but they aren't completely civil to each other at the moment.

@sockstar:
    How exactly is anything from season 4 clearly indicative of Freddie still loving Carly? I mean it is possible, but how can you tell?? People are saying iDo proved it from him offering to rub her feet or smiling at the end, but I don't really see it. I'm not hating, I'm just curious.

Canada_Michael

[231]Nov 26, 2010
    • level: 10

Freddie wouldn't have offered to rub Carly's feet if he didn't have feelings for her. The way he said it seemed like the desperate Freddie of earlier seasons. It's not the kind of thing you ask a girl, especially one that you just want to be friends with LOL.

LampEC

[232]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 5
    Unless your really weird! I know a couple guys who would do just the sort of the thing to a girl they didn't really have feelings for at all! ...In fact I think they have. LOL

saylavee

[233]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 18
    Yeah my friend Frank will do anything to make a girl happy, whether he likes her like that or not. Seriously, when a guy stops playing CoD with his friends to make sure the only two girls at his birthday party (the others couldnt make it for some reason) aren't bored out of their skulls you know he's a good guy

Personally, I think season 4 has zero hints for both sides of the war so far.

KJLwriter

[234]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 8
    I was watching the movie again last night and i noticed a girl in spencer's part. she was the same girl from the video store where he was trying to lie but then failed really bad. did you notice her too? i did. she had lines and stuff.

RomanZolanski

[235]Nov 27, 2010
    ^OMG! I knew I saw her from somewhere! Thank you; it ws bugging me for so long.

vanillacupcakes

[236]Nov 27, 2010

^Ahh!! I noticed that too!!

With the feet rubbing thing, I assumed it was Dan's weird "comedy". I hated desperate Freddie, so I hope that desperation doesn't return. I thought he was over the "creepy stalker" comments.

Then again, he didn't want to rub Sam's neck, so maybe he would only do it for somebody he cared about. He was a little too caught up texting Sabrina though...

Edited on 11/27/2010 9:05pm

KJLwriter

[237]Nov 27, 2010
    • level: 8
    You're welcome! I really think Spencer should've gotten together with that girl. She's pretty, nice and seems down to Earth.

sockstar

[238]Nov 27, 2010
    I realised something after watching the episode (horrible episode, not funny at all) that really annoyed me.

The fans keep asking about 'dating'.

It's all "Freddie must be dating Sam." or "Are you and Freddie dating?"

Dating.

Just because someone isn't dating someone, doesn't mean they might not have feelings. To borrow from one of the shows that Dan brings up a lot, if you asked Ross and Rachel if they were dating, they'd say no, but if you went and asked Ross if he loved Rachel, he'd say yes!

There's no way in hell the fans would have restricted their questions to _just_ dating.

They would have point blank asked Freddie if he still had feelings for Carly.

Not "Are you and Carly dating?" Or whatever they said.

Especially after Sam's "Carly and Freddie are deeply in love." They'd go "Well, they deny dating, but Sam says they love each other, let's ask about that." Then say "Freddie, do you have feelings for Carly."

Or "Sam.. do you like Freddie?" or "Sam, are you insults, beatings and general aggressive behaviour towards Freddie to hide the fact you're in love with him?"

It's annoying, because it's yet another non-concrete ship tease because no matter what happens, Dan can turn around and say "They never said they didn't _like_ each other, just that they weren't dating."

Ugh.

Canada_Michael

[239]Nov 28, 2010
    • level: 10
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

^Ahh!! I noticed that too!!

With the feet rubbing thing, I assumed it was Dan's weird "comedy". I hated desperate Freddie, so I hope that desperation doesn't return. I thought he was over the "creepy stalker" comments.

Then again, he didn't want to rub Sam's neck, so maybe he would only do it for somebody he cared about. He was a little too caught up texting Sabrina though...

I doubt they will bring back desperate stalker Freddie, I think he just suffered a temporary relapse . Freddie knows he has to play it cool if he ever hopes to have a chance, besides Carly knows how he feels about her so the ball is in her court.

kurain

[240]Nov 28, 2010
    • level: 4

sockstar wrote:
    I realised something after watching the episode (horrible episode, not funny at all) that really annoyed me. The fans keep asking about 'dating'. It's all "Freddie must be dating Sam." or "Are you and Freddie dating?" Dating. Just because someone isn't dating someone, doesn't mean they might not have feelings. To borrow from one of the shows that Dan brings up a lot, if you asked Ross and Rachel if they were dating, they'd say no, but if you went and asked Ross if he loved Rachel, he'd say yes! There's no way in hell the fans would have restricted their questions to _just_ dating. They would have point blank asked Freddie if he still had feelings for Carly. Not "Are you and Carly dating?" Or whatever they said. Especially after Sam's "Carly and Freddie are deeply in love." They'd go "Well, they deny dating, but Sam says they love each other, let's ask about that." Then say "Freddie, do you have feelings for Carly." Or "Sam.. do you like Freddie?" or "Sam, are you insults, beatings and general aggressive behaviour towards Freddie to hide the fact you're in love with him?" It's annoying, because it's yet another non-concrete ship tease because no matter what happens, Dan can turn around and say "They never said they didn't _like_ each other, just that they weren't dating." Ugh.

And there we see between the lines. Good catch. Wink

Actually, I did think it was a little strange that nobody asked IF any one of them HAD dated before, only IF they were dating NOW. Freddie and Carly did date at one point, but Carly simply said she wasn't dating Freddie, as in the present. Then again, it isn't as though fans of the iCarly universe would "know" about iSYL, iKiss, or iTTK (I don't count iTwins), and the least amount of info Carly, Freddie and Sam gave their fans about their relationships would probably mean less hassle for all involved.