We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iStart A Fan War" Episode Discussion

Ulrich22

[161]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 25

12 minutes....come on over to the site guys

most of us are there now

http://hartwellhigh.webs.com/istartafanwarlive.htm

Edited on 11/19/2010 5:15pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RavenFreak120

[162]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 21
    Do y'all think Sam was too mean?

07MurphyM

[163]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 9

I wasn't expecting them to put any characters from Drake and Josh.

futuramarama

[164]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 37
    this is a lot better than i thought it would be

RavenFreak120

[165]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 21
    ^ Haha yea! And Oh my goshhh!!! That's probably how Dan feels!! (that iCarly shouldnt be about relationships just comedy!) Such a great message!!

AllieAllie

[166]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 22

Good ep ^^

vanillacupcakes

[167]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 16

Sorry I missed that chat thing, my mom was Christmas shopping online on my computer. So here's a few of my scattered thoughts:

The third Gibby/Guppy/Grandpa plot was irrelevant. I used to adore Guppy and now he's getting too repetitive. Gibby was too level-headed so he wasn't all that funny or unique like usual. The grandfather was alright...but going through a drive thru and being late? Well okay.

The second plot between Spencer(Arutha?) and Aspartamay was hilarious and just epic. But there wasn't much too it, it was just arguing/fighting that made you laugh. =p Still I don't mind.

I'm glad CarlyxAdam got together, but I just think they're cute. There wasn't much development between them, but there could be. I guess he isn't in any future episodes though, so it didn't matter. Still felt bad that the psycho Creddie fans attacked him. o_0

I didn't like any of the regulars at all that much. The only one I liked was Spencer. Everybody else wasn't all that funny, it was the guest stars that made the show. I'm surprised that Sam was so boring. All she did was talk about her Fat Shake. To whoever questioned Sam being too mean, I disagree. I don't think she realized that she would have ruined Carly and Adam's relationship so badly until Freddie and Carly mentioned it. She cares about Carly so she did try to fix her mistake when she realized she was hurting her. Tying up Adam is just a "Sam" thing to do. Freddie's sandpaper rant wasn't really funny, the only part I liked about Freddie was his scene with Spencer.

I liked the ending. I liked how the twist was that there wasn't really a twist, if ya know what I mean. It was a little more direct than I thought though. It seemed like Dan took his comment off of his blog and stuck it in the script. So...this is his way to tell all of us to shut up? Yeah nice try. Crazy shippers can't stop. Lol I can't either.

ilivelovemusic

[168]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 5
    Gah I dont know where i can watch it online! I live in New Zealand so right now its only 4:15pm and I really want to watch it! Can anyone help? please?

teenj12

[169]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 26

I missed a few parts of the episode, but I seened a good chunk of it. It was alright. The fan war with the trio was well a littlefunny, but what about the twist? No twist? God, that sucks. Gibby/Guppy was, well....................completely forgetable, extremely worthless, and overall, medicore.

Spencer/Jack Black Fan war - Good, but repetive. Overall, ISYL, iPsyco, iDo, and iQuit iCarly were all better specials than this.

futuramarama

[170]Nov 19, 2010
    I didn't really think I would like this episode a lot, but I did. A lot.

The main plot, with the Seddie/Creddie thing, was kinda boring. Like I said, I am not a 'shipper', and I do not think I ever have been for any show with that kinda thing. I liked Craig and Eric from Drake and Josh, along with Gavin. Stacy, in Zoey 101, usually really annoyed me (As she was nothing more than a character who would get little respect), and so that didn't interest me. I'm disappointed, there wasn't really a 'twist' at the end, unless I missed something.

Spencer and Aspartamay, sorry for being cliched, was 'epic'! Their chants were hilarious. Them trying to out-do each other insulting their costumes was funny. The end, with Aspartamay 'dying' was funny. I really can't say anything from this plot except it was funny. However the beginning wasn't. Freddie and Spencer continually laughing at Sam and Carly whenever they asked a so-called 'stupid' question was kinda boring. Nothing in the episode really interested me until they got to webicon.

Gibby's plot literally did not need to happen. Sure, it was funny at parts, but it was time-filler. They are really only having Gibby be on the show to have him be there. I mean, in iDo, what was with him trying to get FIVE dollars? I understand he (and Guppy, I'll talk about him in a second) is popular, but if you want a character in a show, actually have reasons! I'm not saying I don't want him to appear, but it's going to get very tiring if every time from now on we see him it is to kill time. And I hope they don't make it a habit of showing his grandfather. Almost every joke with him is basically about how he is blind, and/or can't hear well, basically IMO stereotypical old people jokes. And Guppy, he was OK but he served no purpose either, other than to irritate Gibby. Which confuses me, how come it seems like now whenever Guppy is there, he is too annoy Gibby? I don't remember if this was the case in iDo, but here, literally all he did was annoy Gibby (and shout French fries! over and over...). In iPsycho, Gibby did not seem to be annoyed at Guppy, so why now are there so many jokes about him annoying him?

So yea, minus the sub plot (Which admittedly did have some laughs, but at the end of the day it's just time-filler), and the so-called 'twist' at the end, it was decent.

teenj12

[171]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 26

futuramarama wrote:
    I didn't really think I would like this episode a lot, but I did. A lot. The main plot, with the Seddie/Creddie thing, was kinda boring. Like I said, I am not a 'shipper', and I do not think I ever have been for any show with that kinda thing. I liked Craig and Eric from Drake and Josh, along with Gavin. Stacy, in Zoey 101, usually really annoyed me (As she was nothing more than a character who would get little respect), and so that didn't interest me. I'm disappointed, there wasn't really a 'twist' at the end, unless I missed something. Spencer and Aspartamay, sorry for being cliched, was 'epic'! Their chants were hilarious. Them trying to out-do each other insulting their costumes was funny. The end, with Aspartamay 'dying' was funny. I really can't say anything from this plot except it was funny. However the beginning wasn't. Freddie and Spencer continually laughing at Sam and Carly whenever they asked a so-called 'stupid' question was kinda boring. Nothing in the episode really interested me until they got to webicon. Gibby's plot literally did not need to happen. Sure, it was funny at parts, but it was time-filler. They are really only having Gibby be on the show to have him be there. I mean, in iDo, what was with him trying to get FIVE dollars? I understand he (and Guppy, I'll talk about him in a second) is popular, but if you want a character in a show, actually have reasons! I'm not saying I don't want him to appear, but it's going to get very tiring if every time from now on we see him it is to kill time. And I hope they don't make it a habit of showing his grandfather. Almost every joke with him is basically about how he is blind, and/or can't hear well, basically IMO stereotypical old people jokes. And Guppy, he was OK but he served no purpose either, other than to irritate Gibby. Which confuses me, how come it seems like now whenever Guppy is there, he is too annoy Gibby? I don't remember if this was the case in iDo, but here, literally all he did was annoy Gibby (and shout French fries! over and over...). In iPsycho, Gibby did not seem to be annoyed at Guppy, so why now are there so many jokes about him annoying him? So yea, minus the sub plot (Which admittedly did have some laughs, but at the end of the day it's just time-filler), and the so-called 'twist' at the end, it was decent.
    That is how Guppy is. Gibby was sorta annoyed with him in iP, all he was chanting was Happy Birthday, but that's my take..

futuramarama

[172]Nov 19, 2010
    he wasn't really annoyed then, he mostly ignored it, or he said "you know it's not my birthday", but he wasn't really annoyed IMO. and if he was ,certainly not to the extent that he was in this one

frontman19

[173]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 14

This episode went exactly how I thought it would go, and I actually laughed out loud in some parts, I haven't done that in an episode of iCarly since iPsycho, so I think that this was a very successful episode. The main plot was pretty entertaining for me, as a non-shipper/former moderate Sam/Freddie shipper who early in these forums got in debates over couple interaction, I thought they did a hilarious job of portraying the insanity of the fans online, because really, they never do listen, and the message was great, and exactly what the show needed. I wish they did more with Carly/Adam and I wish there actually was a surprise ending, but oh well, just small things.

Spencer/Jack Black subplot was hilarious, I found myself going "haha what??" so much it killed me. The nerd war was really well done, with clever quips and Jack Black singing, and face it, every time Jack Black sings it is awesome.

I really think Gibby should go back to being a supporting character who randomly shows up, his plots are always stupid and pointless, they never add anything to the script. He was much funnier when he came in as a butt of a joke or with some ridiculous non sequitur.

Ulrich22

[174]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 25
    ilivelovemusic wrote:
    Gah I dont know where i can watch it online! I live in New Zealand so right now its only 4:15pm and I really want to watch it! Can anyone help? please?

You could have watched it live with the rest of us and chatted at the same time. I posted it repeatedly in this thread with the links.

NegiSpongie

[175]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 20
    This may sound as the same as everyone else who review this episode before me, but here it goes...

I thought this episode was awesome! This goes next to my favorite ep "iPsycho", and which of course had refrences. The main plot I thought was good, and I loved the cameos made by Craig, Eric, Stacey, and Gavin; who were playing themselves (I think?). I love the realism between the crazed Creddie and Seddie fans from showing buttons, signs, screenshots, and questions to Carly, Sam, and Freddie. Though I thought when all the fans started fighting, it got kinda boring. But I liked how Carly explained that their show is about comedy and not romance. But like every fanbase, there are unpleasable fans LOL!

And Spencer's plot is what I thought was the best part of the episode. I laughed when Spencer and Freddie were laughing at Carly and Sam's lack of WOW knowledge. My dad, who is also a WOW player, was laughing at all of that too. And of course, his WOW battle with Jack Black was entertaining as well. I thought the ending where Jack Black "died" after Carly pulled of his talisman was weird and funny.

And like others who said this as well, I thought Gibby's plot was unneeded. To the point where I don't think Gibby needs to be a main character. And to me, Guppy seems to be becoming like the character "Cheese" from CN's "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends", who IMO was hilarious in his first appearance. But all appearances after that, he became nothing but annoying. Gibby seems to be falling that way to.

Other than that, the episode was amazing.

Canada_Michael

[176]Nov 19, 2010
    • level: 10
    I haven't seen the episode yet but judging from the comments it was an OK episode.

One thing about the fan wars stuff I don't think iCarly is strictly about the comedy. When the cast was younger that was the objective but now that they are older I think much of the comedy is repetitive & boring, so the relationships between the characters become more important IMO. I don't believe for one second that Dan didn't plan at least Creddie & the will they won't they be a couple vibe, in the later seasons. Whether at the end of the day there is a couple who knows, but don't try to BS & say that it's about the comedy, & the other stuff isn't also a planned part of the show .

RemDiamond

[177]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 5
    I don't think Dan was necessarily telling the fans to stop shipping because, as we know, he encourages it. It has also been part of the show from day one and as they get older, it becomes more of a focus. However, I think he was trying to tell the obsessed fans who can't enjoy the show for what it is to calm down. I think he's sick of getting pestered by annoying fans who can't comment on anything but a ship seddie.

saylavee

[178]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 18

@Ulrich, sorry I couldnt make your livestream thing. I got home halfway through and was too tired to watch it then

Okay lemme start off with the Gibby/Guppy/Grandpa thing. After the first part of it I was already annoyed and fast forwarded it (DVR FTW!!) It was pointless, Guppy was annoying, the grandpa had no point, and Gibby just isnt Gibby anymore

Next up is Spencer vs Jack Black!! As a former World of Warcraft player myself (if you guys havent figured this out yet, I'm a nerd, deal with it) I couldnt help but laugh. I was never a hardcore player of it, but I've seen hardcore players. Like when I first started out playing it, I remember asking people what ___ is or how to do ___ and they'd do exactly what Freddie and Spencer did in the beginning, except over ingame texts.

Also their chants were hilarious, and so were the people in the background. It was epic. Epic win. OH! and Remember during one of the transition scenes when you see like a big room and you see alleys and a signs that said 700. I think that was a shot from the Dealers Room at ComicCon which I went to, and THERE WAS NO ROOM TO BREATHE IN THERE!!! :O Or it couldve been from some other convention, but it looked like the one from comiccon.

Now for the main plot!! First off, it was nice seeing Stacey, Eric, Craig and Gavin again. And the continuity with Stacey's lisp thing. I also liked the Adu guy. xD

First off the main characters had no funny lines in my opinion. I was confused by the sandpaper thing, and the sailor hat thing was cute. The Fatshake was too...expected and Carly was just not funny. And her speech was corny. Hey Dan, if you didnt want iCarly to be about shipping and only about comedy, then why didja make episodes like iKiss, iSYL, iSP, and iTTK and not resolve them? You dug the hole so deal with it (I had a good metaphor for here, but its hard to explain?)

The crazy shippers did make me literally laugh out loud though. You just cant stop them. It also made me giggle about how Dan made the Creddiers seem a bit more crazy with the PearPad and attacking Adam (who is gorgeous btw) and such. The Seddiers just went along with the riots and that one guy who randomly screamed out SEDDIE!!! Okay...THAT is true. Seddiers DO sometimes only posts SEDDIE!!!!!! most of the time. But not all fans are crazy like that, like someone said above, if we actually did all go into a conference room it wouldve been calm.

Overall...hmmm 7 or 8/10??

xtinemachine90

[179]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 2

Overall I am pretty happy with this episode. Sure the bantering got a little old at times, but for the most part I was entertained. I feel like there was a point where every single plot consisted of nothing but people fighting/arguing so I didn't like that very much. And the Gibby plot was funny at first but I got bored of it pretty quick to the point where I couldn't wait for it to be over. Also, I must agree that the main characters (aside from Spencer) were all pretty boring. I mean I do like when Carly gets sassy sometimes, but lately she has been coming off as nasty and its kind of annoying. However I did enjoy her "I told you it was diet, now go get a sponge" line.

Now for what I did like. Anything involving Spencer in the entire episode was EPIC. Though I may be bias on account of I LOVE JERRY! But I think most people will agree with me that his part with Jack Black was the best part of the episode. I also loved the way they portrayed the crazy shippers because it was pretty much dead on! When that one guy said "SEDDIE FTW!" I almost died because I have mentioned before how almost all Seddie fans feel the need to write FTW after anything they say about their ship. But to be I also though the Creddie shoulder touching picture was great as well. Since I ship neither I loved the mocking of the superfans. And who can forget the massive amounts of innuendos in this episode. That was probably my favorite! Oh Spencer, you and your "long staff" (I wanted to say so many dirty things about that but decided not to be a creep)!

Canada_Michael

[180]Nov 20, 2010
    • level: 10

saylavee wrote:

@Ulrich, sorry I couldnt make your livestream thing. I got home halfway through and was too tired to watch it then

Okay lemme start off with the Gibby/Guppy/Grandpa thing. After the first part of it I was already annoyed and fast forwarded it (DVR FTW!!) It was pointless, Guppy was annoying, the grandpa had no point, and Gibby just isnt Gibby anymore

Next up is Spencer vs Jack Black!! As a former World of Warcraft player myself (if you guys havent figured this out yet, I'm a nerd, deal with it) I couldnt help but laugh. I was never a hardcore player of it, but I've seen hardcore players. Like when I first started out playing it, I remember asking people what ___ is or how to do ___ and they'd do exactly what Freddie and Spencer did in the beginning, except over ingame texts.

Also their chants were hilarious, and so were the people in the background. It was epic. Epic win. OH! and Remember during one of the transition scenes when you see like a big room and you see alleys and a signs that said 700. I think that was a shot from the Dealers Room at ComicCon which I went to, and THERE WAS NO ROOM TO BREATHE IN THERE!!! :O Or it couldve been from some other convention, but it looked like the one from comiccon.

Now for the main plot!! First off, it was nice seeing Stacey, Eric, Craig and Gavin again. And the continuity with Stacey's lisp thing. I also liked the Adu guy. xD

First off the main characters had no funny lines in my opinion. I was confused by the sandpaper thing, and the sailor hat thing was cute. The Fatshake was too...expected and Carly was just not funny. And her speech was corny. Hey Dan, if you didnt want iCarly to be about shipping and only about comedy, then why didja make episodes like iKiss, iSYL, iSP, and iTTK and not resolve them? You dug the hole so deal with it (I had a good metaphor for here, but its hard to explain?)

The crazy shippers did make me literally laugh out loud though. You just cant stop them. It also made me giggle about how Dan made the Creddiers seem a bit more crazy with the PearPad and attacking Adam (who is gorgeous btw) and such. The Seddiers just went along with the riots and that one guy who randomly screamed out SEDDIE!!! Okay...THAT is true. Seddiers DO sometimes only posts SEDDIE!!!!!! most of the time. But not all fans are crazy like that, like someone said above, if we actually did all go into a conference room it wouldve been calm.

Overall...hmmm 7 or 8/10??

LOL exactly.

Dan had a part in building the shipper monster, & now that he thinks the monster is getting out of control he wants to cage it. Good luck trying to stuff the Genie back in the bottle . If at this point the show moves closer to what it was the first season I don't think it would work. What was funny & cute when they were younger would just be awkward now that they are older.