We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iSam's Mom" Episode Discussion

CATTVSHOW

[1]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 3

Ok so this episode we basically know that we meet sam's mom who is portrayed by the one and Only "Jane Lynch" from Glee. To me i think she is the perfect person to play sam's mom.

Also this episode airs September 11, 2010 at 7pm on Nickelodeon and its #305 in production code!

NOW What do you think this episode will be about and what do you think about it in general????

Discuss below!!!!!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

pscf3

[2]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 16
    How do you know that's when it will air? We know an episode will air that day, but we don't know which one. And I REALLY hope they aren't using that title.

CATTVSHOW wrote:

Ok so this episode we basically know that we meet sam's mom who is portrayed by the one and Only "Jane Lynch" from Glee. To me i think she is the perfect person to play sam's mom.

Also this episode airs September 11, 2010 at 7pm on Nickelodeon and its #305 in production code!

NOW What do you think this episode will be about and what do you think about it in general????

Discuss below!!!!!

teenj12

[3]Aug 23, 2010
    • level: 26
    pscf3 wrote:
    How do you know that's when it will air? We know an episode will air that day, but we don't know which one. And I REALLY hope they aren't using that title.

CATTVSHOW wrote:

Discuss below!!!!!

Yea,that title is pretty wack. Maybe "I Am Sam's Mother".

saylavee

[4]Aug 24, 2010
    • level: 18
    Or even iMeet Sam's Mom. iSam's Mom sounds like she's going to turn out to be an evil robot.

pscf3

[5]Aug 24, 2010
    According to msn, this episode will air on september 11th. Heres the plot:

Sam moves in with Carly after fighting with her mother; Freddie is stalked by a dangerous criminal.

MusicAddictBabe

[6]Aug 24, 2010
    Dude, that is one corny episode title.

pscf3

[7]Aug 25, 2010
    And a pretty corny subplot.

marcdragicevic

[8]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 21
    saylavee wrote:
    Or even iMeet Sam's Mom.

That would make no sense.

MusicAddictBabe

[9]Aug 25, 2010
    Makes more sense than 'iSam's Mom.' At least it sounds gramatically correct. 'iSam's Mom' just makes it sound like they ran out of ideas for an episode title.

And, yes, I agree. The subplot just seems kinda there.

iCarlyFan101

[10]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 3

I am actually not looking forward to this episode. I kind of liked the whole mystery of Sam's mom. And - not that I have anything against her - but Jane Lynch is definitely not who or what I imagined Sam's mom to be. Especially since she seems a lot older than I have always imagined Sam's mom. But I am not going to make any snap judgements - she may surprise me.

Diamondgrl13

[11]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 6

I think they should've used Jamie Lee Curtis as Sam's mom! Anyone else agree??

I also hope the title isn't really "iSam's Mom"..it DOES sound weird. But then again, the subplot sounds just as weird..so I guess we shall see!

pscf3

[12]Aug 25, 2010
    Unfortunalty, iSams Mom IS the title, so help us. If the plot is that Sam gets in a fight with her mom and moves out, tykes could be:

iFight ( kinda like iFight Shelby Marx though)
    iMove Out ( already been used )
    iMeet Sams Mom, ( the audience has never met sam's mom, so it does make since in a way, Marc.)

Or, they could use the subplot and use iGet Stalked.

@ icarlyfan, I defiantly didn't picture ms Puckett as Jane lynch. More like a sleazy, younger, brunette.

charmed4eva112

[13]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 20
    I love Jane Lynch so I should be excited for this episode, but weirdly enough, I'm just...not. The title bugs me, the plot is, well, it could be better because Sam practically lives at Carly's place anyways so it wouldn't really do anything special. Besides, I picture Sam's mom as a total drunken, sleazy brunette that doesn't spend time with her daughter at all. I have a feeling that Sam's mom is gonna be portrayed in a different light, just because kids DO watch this show. And the subplot, I bet, is gonna be stupid. Getting stalked by a dangerous criminal? Unless he gets held as a hostage or something which requires Sam's mom to tie in with the main plot, it might not be so good. But hey, I'm probably wrong about my assumptions.

teenj12

[14]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 26
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    I love Jane Lynch so I should be excited for this episode, but weirdly enough, I'm just...not. The title bugs me, the plot is, well, it could be better because Sam practically lives at Carly's place anyways so it wouldn't really do anything special. Besides, I picture Sam's mom as a total drunken, sleazy brunette that doesn't spend time with her daughter at all. I have a feeling that Sam's mom is gonna be portrayed in a different light, just because kids DO watch this show. And the subplot, I bet, is gonna be stupid. Getting stalked by a dangerous criminal? Unless he gets held as a hostage or something which requires Sam's mom to tie in with the main plot, it might not be so good. But hey, I'm probably wrong about my assumptions.

Yea,I bet Sam's mom is gonna "save" Freddie.

iCarly317

[15]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 13
    Come on now...we've gone 4 seasons and 3 years with the mystery of not knowing who Sam's mother really is, or in the case of the show, what she looks like. I think its a good plot and it will be interesting to see how Jane Lynch portrays Sam's mom. Jane Lynch can come off as a woman with attitude because of roles that she's done in the past, so that's why I think she's the perfect person to play Sam's mom. Since you'd probably expect Sam's mom to be just as aggressive and have just as much attitude as Sam has. And once we get to the actual episode, the title won't really matter, although I do agree it is a bad title.

marcdragicevic

[16]Aug 25, 2010

pscf3 wrote:
    iMeet Sams Mom, ( the audience has never met sam's mom, so it does make since in a way, Marc.)

1: It wouldn't be 'iMeet.' It would probably be 'We Meet' if anything.

2: It would probably break the 4th wall.

3: 'iMeet' means that the one meets Sam's Mum not everyone, which would not make sense to the show.

Edited on 08/25/2010 7:54pm

MusicAddictBabe

[17]Aug 25, 2010
    Fine then maybe...GAH! I really can't think of anything right now because we only know so much about this episode. And it doesn't matter anyway. iSam's Mom is really what it's called to everyone's disbelief Dx.

By the way, all I could come up with is "iHate Parents" or "iRun Away from Mom" and both are just horrible lol.

iCarly317

[18]Aug 25, 2010
    • level: 13
    It doesn't matter if "we're all" meeting Sam's mom...they've done that with episode titles before...

T7F

[19]Aug 26, 2010
    • level: 7
    marcdragicevic wrote:

pscf3 wrote:

3: 'iMeet' means that the one meets Sam's Mum not everyone, which would not make sense to the show.

the titles dont make sense all the time then

marcdragicevic

[20]Aug 26, 2010

T7F wrote:
    marcdragicevic wrote:

pscf3 wrote:

the titles dont make sense all the time then
    Yeah I know....

Just realised that the title 'iSam's Mum' actually sounds a bit dirty, when you think about it.

Edited on 08/26/2010 8:59am
    Edited 2 total times.