We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iSam's Mom" Episode Discussion

KJLwriter

[61]Aug 29, 2010
    • level: 8
    Interesting perspective on the episode, JonathonWolf.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Aprilshakira

[62]Aug 29, 2010
    • level: 10
    JonathonWolf wrote:

Seeing Sam and her mom interacting also gives insight into Sam's character. From the promos we've seen, they have similar personalities, so we now know Sam is the way she is because of her mother. It could be because she's competing with Melanie for their mom's attention, or she believes it's how she learned to cope with her mom's personality. Look at how much you learn about Carly or Freddie from their interactions with Spence and Mrs. Benson, respectively. The perception of who we are is shaped by how we interact with the world and those around us.

I was just going to say that.

I also have a feeling they will try to reunite Sam with her mom through iCarly or something. Hopefully this episode will show what Sam grew up with. I felt bad for Sam when her mom said in the promo "Pardon my daughter's PERSONALITY." I feel like her mom is really cruel to her because of Melanie which is partly why Sam dislikes her sister so much.

Also to the person who said Sam's mom was shown with brown hair in iWant Locker... that isn't true, it looks dark blonde and yes it's longer but who said she didn't cut it?

pscf3

[63]Aug 29, 2010
    • level: 16
    @ mab, I don't watch glee, I have nothing aginst it, I've just never had a chance to see it.

@aprilshakira, agreed

teenj12

[64]Aug 29, 2010
    • level: 26
    JonathonWolf wrote:

Seeing Sam and her mom interacting also gives insight into Sam's character. From the promos we've seen, they have similar personalities, so we now know Sam is the way she is because of her mother. It could be because she's competing with Melanie for their mom's attention, or she believes it's how she learned to cope with her mom's personality. Look at how much you learn about Carly or Freddie from their interactions with Spence and Mrs. Benson, respectively. The perception of who we are is shaped by how we interact with the world and those around us.

I never that about all above ^ .

T7F

[65]Aug 29, 2010
    • level: 7

You're gone for one day and the posts really stack up.

Anyways, this seems like an awesome episode, I think Jane Lynch seems like an awesome actress, even though I haven't seen her act much, never seen a full episode of Glee BTW only like 5 minutes.

teenj12

[66]Aug 30, 2010
    T7F wrote:

Anyways, this seems like an awesome episode, I think Jane Lynch seems like an awesome actress, even though I haven't seen her act much, never seen a full episode of Glee BTW only like 5 minutes.

Never seen Glee in general. . Jane Lynch seems familiar...

charmed4eva112

[67]Aug 30, 2010
    • level: 20
    teenj12 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

Well, Jane has been in a lot of movies, like 40 Year Old Virgin, and also some TV shows like Criminal Minds, which might be why you recognize her.

teenj12

[68]Aug 30, 2010
    charmed4eva112 wrote:
    teenj12 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

Well, Jane has been in a lot of movies, like 40 Year Old Virgin, and also some TV shows like Criminal Minds, which might be why you recognize her.

Now I know her . I love the movie 40 Year Old Virgin .

Aprilshakira

[69]Aug 31, 2010

She also was in Julie & Julia. She and Meryl Streep are amazing together.

iCarly317

[70]Aug 31, 2010
    • level: 13
    How do we know that Melanie is going to be involved with this episode at all? This is just my thought, but I would think that she has absolutely nothing to do with this episode. I think this 'war' is going to be between just Sam and her mom. Its also true that Sam is the way she is based on how her mother is/acts, but wasn't that pretty obvious before? Sure, it could have been her hate towards Melanie that makes Sam come off as aggressive, but since Melanie goes to a boarding school far away, Sam wouldn't be that mean towards people every single day since she hardly even sees her sister. And since Melanie is hardly ever around (supposedly) then I doubt she would come up much at home. I'm probably looking way too into this though...

teenj12

[71]Aug 31, 2010
    iCarly317 wrote:
    How do we know that Melanie is going to be involved with this episode at all?

We never said she was..

JonathonWolf

[72]Aug 31, 2010
    iCarly317 wrote:
    How do we know that Melanie is going to be involved with this episode at all? This is just my thought, but I would think that she has absolutely nothing to do with this episode. I think this 'war' is going to be between just Sam and her mom. Its also true that Sam is the way she is based on how her mother is/acts, but wasn't that pretty obvious before? Sure, it could have been her hate towards Melanie that makes Sam come off as aggressive, but since Melanie goes to a boarding school far away, Sam wouldn't be that mean towards people every single day since she hardly even sees her sister. And since Melanie is hardly ever around (supposedly) then I doubt she would come up much at home. I'm probably looking way too into this though...

You don't have to have someone around to be angry about them. If Sam's mom always compared Sam to Melanie, than Sam would always be aggressive because of it. "Your sister cleans her room, why can't you?" "Your sister got the smarts and personality, what did you get?" "At least one of my kids isn't a failure." I'd be pretty upset hearing that every day.

charmed4eva112

[73]Sep 1, 2010
    JonathonWolf wrote:
    iCarly317 wrote:

You don't have to have someone around to be angry about them. If Sam's mom always compared Sam to Melanie, than Sam would always be aggressive because of it. "Your sister cleans her room, why can't you?" "Your sister got the smarts and personality, what did you get?" "At least one of my kids isn't a failure." I'd be pretty upset hearing that every day.

I agree one hundred percent. Even though my sister goes to university and isn't home too often, my parents can be proud of her which somehow makes me feel, well, inferior. Sam's mom doesn't even have to mention Melanie to make Sam aggressive. Anything can set a kid off, especially if they feel like they are inferior to another sibling. Just one look or one action or even one subtle comment can set somebody off.

MusicAddictBabe

[74]Sep 2, 2010
    • level: 18
    I agree too. It reminds me of me being compared to my sister. I almost took a job where my sister worked, but they expected me to be just like her and that bothers me.

KJLwriter

[75]Sep 3, 2010
    • level: 8
    I know how that is. My sister was a salutatorian of her high school class. I always feel like I have to be like that. It puts a lot of pressure on me with my grades. I hate getting compared to her. It's not right.

charmed4eva112

[76]Sep 3, 2010
    KJLwriter wrote:
    I know how that is. My sister was a salutatorian of her high school class. I always feel like I have to be like that. It puts a lot of pressure on me with my grades. I hate getting compared to her. It's not right.

It definately is not right. Even though my sister has made many mistakes and my parents aren't always too happy with her, she does get better grades than me, even in university, and my parents do expect me to be absolutely perfect, or at least the daughter they always wanted that tries and is girly and gets good grades and has a lot of friends and gets out of the house, but I'm not like that. I'm extremely introverted with average grades and would prefer to wear jeans and a t-shirt and sneakers than a skirt or a dress. I do admit, though, I am very lazy and a procrastinator but I'm trying. The point is, my sister is at least somewhat of a role model, sans her personality towards family, while I'm just always being compared to her, and if not her, than the other teens in the neighbourhood that are completely popular and perfect in my parents' eyes.

vanillacupcakes

[77]Sep 3, 2010

IDK if anybody posted this, but in this sneak peek Sam's mom says "Why can't you be more like Melanie?" Aww...poor Sam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nK_8nBWdI&feature=channel

Here's two more sneak peeks. It's going to be SUCHa good episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bxd2AzhOxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgtmZyNLCJE&feature=channel

teenj12

[78]Sep 3, 2010
    vanillacupcakes wrote:

IDK if anybody posted this, but in this sneak peek Sam's mom says "Why can't you be more like Melanie?" Aww...poor Sam.

This might become my favorite episode!!!!

TimothyBurley

[79]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 7

It dont seem like it will be a good episode.

pscf3

[80]Sep 4, 2010
    I'm not watching the sneak peeks, because they usually give away good parts and you don't enjoy the episode as much

vanillacupcakes wrote: