We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iSam's Mom" Episode Discussion

TimothyBurley

[81]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 7

[QUOTE="pscf3"]I'm not watching the sneak peeks, because they usually give away good parts and you don't enjoy the episode as much

vanillacupcakes wrote:

IDK if anybody posted this, but in this sneak peek Sam's mom says "Why can't you be more like Melanie?" Aww...poor Sam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4nK_8nBWdI&feature=channel

Here's two more sneak peeks. It's going to be SUCHa good episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bxd2AzhOxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgtmZyNLCJE&feature=channel

[/QUOTEThat is true, sneak peeks always show only the good parts then everything else in the episode suck compared to what u saw in the sneak peeks.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KJLwriter

[82]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 8
    I didn't watch the sneak peeks, but I did watch the behind the scenes stuff. I love watching behind the scene stuff of a show. Jane Lynch seems awesome!! I love her on Glee...and I will love her on this episode! She said she would come back and do another episode anytime. I really hope they do. I can't wait for this episode! It's only a week away!!!

saylavee

[83]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 18
    Ahh, this is guna be awesome! I watched those sneak peeks. Poor Sam I'd run away from home too. On the plus side, one more week!

teenj12

[84]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 26
    saylavee wrote:
    Ahh, this is guna be awesome! I watched those sneak peeks. Poor Sam I'd run away from home too. On the plus side, one more week!

Yup! I can't wait!

KJLwriter

[85]Sep 4, 2010
    I try to be my own person when it comes to being compared to my sister. I know I'm better at stuff than she is. I'm better at English and stuff. She's better in math and science. I can accept that. It's still hard to be compared to her though.

pscf3

[86]Sep 4, 2010
    • level: 16
    I don't really have competition with my brother. But if I did, it would probably be opposite. I'd be better at math and science ( my top 2 classes), and he'd be better at English. (my worst class). I do have a brother though, but he's 6 years younger than me grade wise ( he's really 3yrs youger), and he's autistic.

teenj12

[87]Sep 4, 2010

My parents don't compare me and my sisters really.

vanillacupcakes

[88]Sep 4, 2010

Is this a family sharing time? I'm an only child but my grandmother would compare me to everybody else in the family grade-wise and test score wise. That was kind of annoying, but it's nowhere near what Sam probably goes through. Melanie just seems too perfect. Sam's mom probably thinks Melanie is better at Sam at everything, not just grades.

I do love the behind the scene stuff because I love the cast and Jane Lynch, and it's fun to see them being themselves behind the camera. Jane Lynch seems so nice in person and if she everwas apart of another episode, that would begreat.

That's true about the sneak peeks, I always watch them because I get impatient or overexcited. I did that for iSYL, iGot a Hot Room, iQuit iCarly, and iBloop and they only showed the best parts. I love spoilers too, lol yeah it's weird. At first it sort of reminded me of iMove Out but instead of Freddie/Mrs. Benson it's Sam/Ms. Puckett. Instead of the subplot taking over they will go through some sort of therapy instead. Who knows how misleading the sneak peeks are going to be?

TimothyBurley

[89]Sep 5, 2010

I grow up with 3 older sisters and they were all smarter then me.

T7F

[90]Sep 5, 2010

I'm back after a long time, anyone miss me? Anyways, this seems like an excellent episode.

saylavee

[91]Sep 5, 2010
    So it is family sharing time? Well, I'm compared to my bros in a different way. Ya see, they are both failures so I'm pressured with being the good/smart one. Trust me, its just as bad when the tables are turned. So they are going to be trapped in a box until they get along? 10 bucks one of them tries to leave using a claustrophobia excuse.

teenj12

[92]Sep 5, 2010
    T7F wrote:

I'm back after a long time, anyone miss me? Anyways, this seems like an excellent episode.

Welcome back .

nicknameless101

[93]Sep 6, 2010
    • level: 25

I saw the previews so far, and I've got to say, Sam's mom looks more presentable than I thought she'd be. I mean, Sam's always been complaining about how her mom neglects personal hygiene, or that she's always dating different guys.

T7F

[94]Sep 6, 2010
    teenj12 wrote:
    T7F wrote:

Welcome back .
    Thanks

KJLwriter

[95]Sep 6, 2010
    This may have been mentioned before, but have you noticed that the gold jacket Sam's mom wears in this episode looks similar to the jacket Sam wears iSpeed Date. Do you think her mom wears Sam's clothes? Or, the other way around??

teenj12

[96]Sep 6, 2010
    KJLwriter wrote:
    This may have been mentioned before, but have you noticed that the gold jacket Sam's mom wears in this episode looks similar to the jacket Sam wears iSpeed Date. Do you think her mom wears Sam's clothes? Or, the other way around??

Lol..

vanillacupcakes

[97]Sep 7, 2010

KJLwriter wrote:

To be technical, it isn't the exact same jacket because the cuffs and the bottom part are different.However Sam's mom does wear Sam's clothes and stretches it out, because she said something along the lines of "It don't fit right unless it's too tight" or something like that. Sam admitted to that on her blog.

beilmandulin

[98]Sep 7, 2010
    • level: 10

nicknameless101 wrote:

I saw the previews so far, and I've got to say, Sam's mom looks more presentable than I thought she'd be. I mean, Sam's always been complaining about how her mom neglects personal hygiene, or that she's always dating different guys.

I agree. And because of that,I don't like the casting. Jane Lynch is a very well liked actress (although Ipersonallydon't think she is as funny asother people think she is), and Sam's mom has always been describedthe way thatyou have described her.

And also it seemed to me that she neglected Sam as well. I remember an episode where Carly asked if canned chesse was all Sam's mom gave Sam for lunch and Sam replied that she was glad that at leasther mom had gotten up at all before noon.

So I think they should have cast someone else. Lynch will probably make Sam's mom funnier than she should bewhich is a bad decision based on how she has been talked about and described on the show. I know that this is a kids show so they don't want to have a character too depressing or mean but I don't think she should be portrayedto be asfunny as I think she will be.

Aprilshakira

[99]Sep 7, 2010
    • level: 10
    beilmandulin wrote:

nicknameless101 wrote:

I agree. And because of that,I don't like the casting. Jane Lynch is a very well liked actress (although Ipersonallydon't think she is as funny asother people think she is), and Sam's mom has always been describedthe way thatyou have described her.

And also it seemed to me that she neglected Sam as well. I remember an episode where Carly asked if canned chesse was all Sam's mom gave Sam for lunch and Sam replied that she was glad that at leasther mom had gotten up at all before noon.

So I think they should have cast someone else. Lynch will probably make Sam's mom funnier than she should bewhich is a bad decision based on how she has been talked about and described on the show. I know that this is a kids show so they don't want to have a character too depressing or mean but I don't think she should be portrayedto be asfunny as I think she will be.

I agree somewhat, although I think iCarly is a teen show.

MusicAddictBabe

[100]Sep 7, 2010
    I agree too in a way. It kind of reminds me of in iSaved Your Life where Sam eats a taco from the truck that hit Freddie but before she was freaking out. It's a comedy so they probably won't make it too serious. Though, judging by the promo I saw, it made me feel really bad for Sam.

Oh, yeah, and you know who Sam's mom reminds me of? Benny from George Lopez. In a way. Just the one comment: "Remember Mr. Fluffles (can't remember the real name)?" "You mean my old rabbit?" "Yeah, he didn't really run away..." (wow, you really don't realize how much of the dialogue you forget until you actually type it out lol that was just awful on my part haha).

KJLwriter - That's how I feel. My sister was valedictorian of her class. I was nowhere near that. I always get "criticized" by my parents and she gets crap (nothing). It kills me on the inside!