We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iSam's Mom" Episode Discussion

DPluver2012

[121]Sep 9, 2010
    • level: 11
    KJLwriter wrote:
    DPluver2012 wrote:
    lol my parents hope i get good grades bc i want to get into ohio state university ( that takes A's haha) and they just hope i dont turn out like my bro who had a kid at 19 and attends college then drops out.

its neat to hear where all of u guys come from, like what ur parents think of u and expect u to do. its interesting lol.

btw the sneak peeks are freakin hilarious

Ohio State....you mean THE Ohio State. hahaha. They always make sure they have the THE!!
    haha yes, THE Ohio State.....i thought about putting that,but i hate the way they make it sound superior ( hehe even tho OSU is pretty amazing! )
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

beilmandulin

[122]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 10

Aprilshakira wrote:
    beilmandulin wrote:

nicknameless101 wrote:

I saw the previews so far, and I've got to say, Sam's mom looks more presentable than I thought she'd be. I mean, Sam's always been complaining about how her mom neglects personal hygiene, or that she's always dating different guys.

I agree. And because of that,I don't like the casting. Jane Lynch is a very well liked actress (although Ipersonallydon't think she is as funny asother people think she is), and Sam's mom has always been describedthe way thatyou have described her.

And also it seemed to me that she neglected Sam as well. I remember an episode where Carly asked if canned chesse was all Sam's mom gave Sam for lunch and Sam replied that she was glad that at leasther mom had gotten up at all before noon.

So I think they should have cast someone else. Lynch will probably make Sam's mom funnier than she should bewhich is a bad decision based on how she has been talked about and described on the show. I know that this is a kids show so they don't want to have a character too depressing or mean but I don't think she should be portrayedto be asfunny as I think she will be.

I agree somewhat, although I think iCarly is a teen show.

Other than disagreeing on it being a "kids" show or a "teens" show, you said you somewhat agree, so I was just curious about what you disagree about.

Oh and just so you know, I don't want to start a fight, I am just genuinely curious about your thoughts and opinions

pscf3

[123]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 16
    I want to go to Mississippi State University.

DPluver2012 wrote:
    KJLwriter wrote:
    DPluver2012 wrote:
    lol my parents hope i get good grades bc i want to get into ohio state university ( that takes A's haha) and they just hope i dont turn out like my bro who had a kid at 19 and attends college then drops out.

its neat to hear where all of u guys come from, like what ur parents think of u and expect u to do. its interesting lol.

btw the sneak peeks are freakin hilarious

Ohio State....you mean THE Ohio State. hahaha. They always make sure they have the THE!!
    haha yes, THE Ohio State.....i thought about putting that,but i hate the way they make it sound superior ( hehe even tho OSU is pretty amazing! )

RemDiamond

[124]Sep 10, 2010
    • level: 5
    Fun facts have been posted. Check Dan's twitter for the link.

KJLwriter

[125]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 8
    Yeah, I'm thinking of going to Kenyon College.

TimothyBurley

[126]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 7

DPluver2012 wrote:
    really? my parents pay my school fees so i owe it to them to get good grades. lol but to timothy-do u get Ds and Cs or do u try to impress ur parents with Bs and As?
    Well really i dont care. I get what i get. If it be a D or if it be a B i dont care. As long as i pass. And iSams Mom comes on tonight! dont forget! LOL

pscf3

[127]Sep 11, 2010
    Ok,I already wanted to see this episode, but after reading the fun facts, I NEED TO SEE THIS EPISODE!

teenj12

[128]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 26
    TimothyBurley wrote:

DPluver2012 wrote:
    really? my parents pay my school fees so i owe it to them to get good grades. lol but to timothy-do u get Ds and Cs or do u try to impress ur parents with Bs and As?
    Well really i dont care. I get what i get. If it be a D or if it be a B i dont care. As long as i pass.

That's the same with me..

saylavee

[129]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 18
    Dan got the Fun Facts up EARLY for once? Lol Did we get fun facts for iGAHR or not? i dont remember. Ahaha I cant wait to watch this tonight I think I'll post the link to the FF here now so people dont have to go type things when they could just copy paste. See? I'm letting people be lazy!

http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2010/09/icarly-isams-mom-official-episode.html

pscf3

[130]Sep 11, 2010
    No he didn't post em for iGAHR.

I have dans twitter and blog on bookmarks.

saylavee wrote:
    Dan got the Fun Facts up EARLY for once? Lol Did we get fun facts for iGAHR or not? i dont remember. Ahaha I cant wait to watch this tonight I think I'll post the link to the FF here now so people dont have to go type things when they could just copy paste. See? I'm letting people be lazy!

http://danwarp.blogspot.com/2010/09/icarly-isams-mom-official-episode.html

KJLwriter

[131]Sep 11, 2010
    I didn't read the fun facts. I'm waiting until after I see the show to read them. I don't want it to spoil the episode for me. I can't wait for it! 15 more minutes!

pscf3

[132]Sep 11, 2010
    This was a fine episode. It had alot of good laughs. Not the best episode, but deffiently pretty good.

ILoveDemi4ever

[133]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 11

It was an amazing episode!

soccer23123

[134]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 12

It was good kind-of. /:

vanillacupcakes

[135]Sep 11, 2010
    I think it should have either been an hour or the two plots should have been separated into two different episodes, because there wasn't much time for either of them to develop well. I still liked it, just wanted a little more of Jane Lynch. I laughed a few times though.

pscf3

[136]Sep 11, 2010
    I agree, Ms. Puckett should have had way more screen time, and I was hoping for more word fights between Sam and her mom.

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I think it should have either been an hour or the two plots should have been separated into two different episodes, because there wasn't much time for either of them to develop well. I still liked it, just wanted a little more of Jane Lynch. I laughed a few times though.

T7F

[137]Sep 11, 2010
    • level: 7

XD I LOVE how Carly says tamles.

vanillacupcakes

[138]Sep 11, 2010
    For some reason I loved the part where Spencer is like "Too bad!! STAIRS STAIRS STAIRS!!!" and I also laughed harder than I should have at the part where they made it Freddie's identity and apartment number so obvious in the newscast.

KJLwriter

[139]Sep 11, 2010
    I loved the episode. I loved it when Carly was freaking out in that small room with Sam and her mom. She was acting like a goat. I couldn't stop laughing! It was sweet with how Sam and her mom finally said they love each other. Freddie's part in the episode was great. I kind of wished we saw if the guy was caught or something.

vanillacupcakes

[140]Sep 11, 2010
    Yeah, that kind of bugged me. Like in iTTK I wanted the prisoners to get caught too, but I still like it sort of unresolved like that. It was funny, I feel bad for the people in 8-H. Carly was pretty hilarious in the end. But why didn't she freak out when she was trapped in iPsycho? Well she did a little bit, but she didn't act goat-like.