We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iQuit iCarly" episode discussion

XEOCX

[81]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 7
    I was just looking at some screenshots and promos and noticed something. Carly, Sam, and Freddie are dressed the same clothes as they are in school when the girls are fighting over Freddie and when Carly is dangling from the...er window wiper stand thingy? Lol. So i guess the fight may not last long
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MEandChad4ever

[82]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 4
    sockstar wrote:
    ChibiMaddiChan wrote:

It's kind of odd because I honestly thought I was the only person that noticed that Carly likes to use Fred's emotions for her a lot. It's one of the reasons I don't like her character. The Freddie thing annoys the crap out of me: he's had his heart set on her and she knows he likes him. Not only does she constantly turn him down, but she uses his own feelings for her against him and manipulates situations. And not just one time but a few. At this point, even if he didn't end up with Sam, I think it's BS for him to end up with Carly. She doesn't deserve him to be honest.

I could just see her pulling some crap where if Freddie does start showing romantic interest in Sam, only THEN will she start 'liking' him...even though she's hard long before now and one too many chances to go out with him.

Alot of people see it (especially Creddiers, because it's our ship and obviously Carly's reactions are part of that), but whilst it is somewhat of a negative trait, how you percieve it most likely comes down to which ship you are on.

Seddiers see it as Carly being manipulative, "evil", taking advantage of his feelings.

Creddiers see it as Carly being insecure, not wanting to completely shut down the idea because she knows both options could be bad.

Freddie also isn't immune to "blame". He's taken Carly's side occasionally simply because he "loves her", and Freddie doesn't have to do anything, no matter who asks him to. He's been shown to help or hinder in situations because he likes/loves Carly, for example when he helped Sam sabotage Carly's private school interview so he wouldn't lose her.

Is that the type of person who 'deserves' Carly?

Also, do not forget that SAM herself has used his emotions against him, in that very same episode, Sam was the one who told Freddie to help her so Carly would stay and have more of a chance to fall in love with him.

Is that the type of person who 'deserves' Freddie?

Then the other thing, is Seddiers claiming that if she is jealous, and only starts to like Freddie after someone else likes him, that's it would be somehow "bad" because she's had the chance to date him before.

Again, Creddiers would say it's that jealously forcing Carly to realise her true feelings, or to stop supressing them. It's not "bad", it's just the situation, a "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" thing.

Now I don't want to get into "Sam vs Carly", but Sam isn't free of complaint in how she treats Freddie either, and just as someone might say "Carly doesn't 'deserve' Freddie because she manipulates him, and leads him on, not being honest enough to tell Freddie once and for all to stop it," someone could go "Sam doesn't 'deserve' Freddie because she's physically and emotionally abusive, and could be hiding her true feelings instead of being honest with Freddie."

I agree with you. Even though Carly may not treat Freddie right at all times, Sam certainly does not as well. Carly uses his feeling to manipulate him (iLike Jake, iDon't Wanna Fight, iHate Sam's Boyfriend, iMake Sam Girlier), and Sam is full out abusive(pretty much every episode). Even Sam uses Freddie's feelings for Carly to her own advantage (iMight Switch Schools). Like you said, she got Freddie to help her sabotage the interview by saying that Carly would have a better chance of falling in love with him. Also, she sent Freddie a text message from Carly's phone, saying 'I love you.' Nobody is perfect, but this does not mean that Carly and/or Sam don't "deserve" Freddie.

pixarprincess

[83]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 13
    MEandChad4ever wrote:
    sockstar wrote:
    ChibiMaddiChan wrote:

It's kind of odd because I honestly thought I was the only person that noticed that Carly likes to use Fred's emotions for her a lot. It's one of the reasons I don't like her character. The Freddie thing annoys the crap out of me: he's had his heart set on her and she knows he likes him. Not only does she constantly turn him down, but she uses his own feelings for her against him and manipulates situations. And not just one time but a few. At this point, even if he didn't end up with Sam, I think it's BS for him to end up with Carly. She doesn't deserve him to be honest.

I could just see her pulling some crap where if Freddie does start showing romantic interest in Sam, only THEN will she start 'liking' him...even though she's hard long before now and one too many chances to go out with him.

Alot of people see it (especially Creddiers, because it's our ship and obviously Carly's reactions are part of that), but whilst it is somewhat of a negative trait, how you percieve it most likely comes down to which ship you are on.

Seddiers see it as Carly being manipulative, "evil", taking advantage of his feelings.

Creddiers see it as Carly being insecure, not wanting to completely shut down the idea because she knows both options could be bad.

Freddie also isn't immune to "blame". He's taken Carly's side occasionally simply because he "loves her", and Freddie doesn't have to do anything, no matter who asks him to. He's been shown to help or hinder in situations because he likes/loves Carly, for example when he helped Sam sabotage Carly's private school interview so he wouldn't lose her.

Also, do not forget that SAM herself has used his emotions against him, in that very same episode, Sam was the one who told Freddie to help her so Carly would stay and have more of a chance to fall in love with him.

Then the other thing, is Seddiers claiming that if she is jealous, and only starts to like Freddie after someone else likes him, that's it would be somehow "bad" because she's had the chance to date him before.

Again, Creddiers would say it's that jealously forcing Carly to realise her true feelings, or to stop supressing them. It's not "bad", it's just the situation, a "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" thing.

Now I don't want to get into "Sam vs Carly", but Sam isn't free of complaint in how she treats Freddie either, and just as someone might say "Carly doesn't 'deserve' Freddie because she manipulates him, and leads him on, not being honest enough to tell Freddie once and for all to stop it," someone could go "Sam doesn't 'deserve' Freddie because she's physically and emotionally abusive, and could be hiding her true feelings instead of being honest with Freddie."

I agree with you. Even though Carly may not treat Freddie right at all times, Sam certainly does not as well. Carly uses his feeling to manipulate him (iLike Jake, iDon't Wanna Fight, iHate Sam's Boyfriend, iMake Sam Girlier), and Sam is full out abusive(pretty much every episode). Even Sam uses Freddie's feelings for Carly to her own advantage (iMight Switch Schools). Like you said, she got Freddie to help her sabotage the interview by saying that Carly would have a better chance of falling in love with him. Also, she sent Freddie a text message from Carly's phone, saying 'I love you.' Nobody is perfect, but this does not mean that Carly and/or Sam don't "deserve" Freddie.

Who's side R U people on?

Also, you're forgettting when Freddie tried to help Sam in iSaw him first because he didn't want Carly to be with another guy. (Did anyone else think that Shay looked cute? Just asking.) Granted, I am a Seddie person, but the example I put down shows that both Sam and Freddie can manipulate each other at times, so that makes them pretty even in my book. The fact that they use his love for Carly at times will be something to laugh at once they marry.

MusicAddictBabe

[84]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 18
    pixarprincess wrote:
    MEandChad4ever wrote:
    sockstar wrote:
    ChibiMaddiChan wrote:

Who's side R U people on?

Also, you're forgettting when Freddie tried to help Sam in iSaw him first because he didn't want Carly to be with another guy. (Did anyone else think that Shay looked cute? Just asking.) Granted, I am a Seddie person, but the example I put down shows that both Sam and Freddie can manipulate each other at times, so that makes them pretty even in my book. The fact that they use his love for Carly at times will be something to laugh at once they marry.

Ok this is my perspective.

I really don't mean to be rude or to offend anyone but I think we're all getting a little out of hand. I mean, yeah, Carly's used Freddie's emotions against him and so hasn't Sam and - ok, look. I've been reading this and this argument has been going back and forth and, you know, it's just a show. I don't like how everyone's getting offended and then posting something about the other couple just to be right. What I mean is, Carly and Sam may both do that but it's probably because it's just a show. Like, idk, I don't think that Dan made this show to be perfectly sensible to real life (it was made as a comedy). Trust me. My cousin and I love this show and we always get so ticked at little things (like Sam's shifty personality and Carly's attitude toward Spencer sometimes and, hey man, even the layout of their apartment!). Then, after our little rants, we laugh because we finally realize that it's not real life lol.

Ok, now, that I'm done with that thing, I'd like to say Freddie hasn't only sided with Carly, he's sided with Sam on things too. But I don't know if my opinion should really count.

I think we need a neutral non-Seddie/Creddie-er to help us with this. (Heck, I don't even know if Freddie even will choose a side. Maybe he'll just want to stay out of it...idk it's possible.)

XEOCX

[85]Dec 1, 2009
    Another sneak peek: http://www.bopandtigerbeat.com/icarly/watch-it-sneak-peek-of-iquit-icarly/

HaydenAvery

[86]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 21
    (facepalm) freddie will not choose either side because they are both friends. enough with the seddie. its a relationship bound to fail.

TheSchwab

[87]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 11

HaydenAvery wrote:
    (facepalm) freddie will not choose either side because they are both friends. enough with the seddie. its a relationship bound to fail.

"Just A Game"

Girlygirl24

[88]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 28
    HaydenAvery wrote:

i agree with most of what you said doesnt matter about Seddie of Creddie it matters about wether if the episode well be good or not!!

HaydenAvery

[89]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 21
    i personally think freddie is too good for either of them. and if he chooses carly its better then sam who torments him. anyways i think nevel might be behind this fight. he might hire fleck and dave to get carly and sam mad at each other.

NatalieTV100

[90]Dec 2, 2009
    • level: 10

HaydenAvery wrote:
    i personally think freddie is too good for either of them. and if he chooses carly its better then sam who torments him. anyways i think nevel might be behind this fight. he might hire fleck and dave to get carly and sam mad at each other.
    Parts of what you said are true... But let's forget about the shippy stuff anyways, this episode doesn't really look shippy anyways(like you said before most likley he will stay neutral).

ps. I never really thought about the Nevel thing, but now that you bring it up it makes alot of sense.

XEOCX

[91]Dec 2, 2009
    OMG! Hilarious 'terrible movie' for the new episode. MUST WATCH!: http://www.vimeo.com/7951953

NatalieTV100

[92]Dec 3, 2009

[QUOTE="XEOCX"]OMG! Hilarious 'terrible movie' for the new episode. MUST WATCH!: http://www.vimeo.com/7951953[/QUOTE] Yay, another terrible movie! I actually did laugh uncontrollably. I can't wait till it airs!

XEOCX

[93]Dec 3, 2009
    The video is now on icarly.com

KatelynBrissey

[94]Dec 4, 2009
    I just saw another preview for iQuit iCarly. Sam and Carly both try to bribe Freddie into being on their side. Sam offers him a high speed hard drive (wow she does know what the boy likes ;-)), and Carly says "You can't BUY Freddie's love!" and then offers him 20 dollars. His love? I think there might be more Seddie/Creddie than we expected. I have a feeling that Freddie will try to get both sides, and then remain neutral. He is the most logical of the 3.
    Edited on 12/04/2009 4:57pm

Aprilshakira

[95]Dec 4, 2009
    sockstar wrote:

Airs in December.

This is the "iMeet Dave and Fleck" renamed and merged into a double length episode.

I'm so nervous yet excited .

NatalieTV100

[96]Dec 4, 2009
    KatelynBrissey wrote:
    I just saw another preview for iQuit iCarly. Sam and Carly both try to bribe Freddie into being on their side. Sam offers him a high speed hard drive (wow she does know what the boy likes ;-)), and Carly says "You can't BUY Freddie's love!" and then offers him 20 dollars. His love? I think there might be more Seddie/Creddie than we expected. I have a feeling that Freddie will try to get both sides, and then remain neutral. He is the most logical of the 3.
    Where did you see it?

KatelynBrissey

[97]Dec 4, 2009
    While I was watching iCarly on Nick earlier. I haven't seen it on youtube yet, but I've been checking. I assume it would be "Promo 7" if someone did upload it.
    Edited on 12/04/2009 5:54pm

KatelynBrissey

[98]Dec 4, 2009

Oh and this was just on my facebook. http://www.vimeo.com/7907344

Copy/Paste the link if it doesn't show up blue. It's a sneak peak of the scene where Carly "muffins" the old lady.

Edited on 12/04/2009 5:58pm

MusicAddictBabe

[99]Dec 4, 2009
    • level: 18
    I love these promos. I'm so excited .

futuramarama

[100]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 37

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    I love these promos. I'm so excited .

All of the promos I have seen have made me very happy. I am fairly certain I will love this special.

Do we know specifically why they fight or anything?