We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iQuit iCarly" episode discussion

futuramarama

[61]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 37
    saylavee wrote:

More promo;s during the premeire of iMove Out.

Lets see, people are sad they stoped making iCarly, they are falling off a scafolding (sp?) ya know those platforms that hang outside windows that people use to clean windows. Also, as i beleived, Freddie is guna have to decide between the too ^.^

the promo w/ freddie went fast so all i heard was in unison "FREDDIE!!" then "Ummm...Oh look a freckle on my arm!"

That was intense with her hanging, about to fall. "Don't let go!" "Why would I let go?!"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

saylavee

[62]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 18
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

Lets see, people are sad they stoped making iCarly, they are falling off a scafolding (sp?) ya know those platforms that hang outside windows that people use to clean windows. Also, as i beleived, Freddie is guna have to decide between the too ^.^

the promo w/ freddie went fast so all i heard was in unison "FREDDIE!!" then "Ummm...Oh look a freckle on my arm!"

Yeah I saw that too. I'm pretty eager to see which side Freddie chooses.

ps. In the promo with Freddie, Sam said that she deserved Freddie on her side just as much as Carly did and then Carly said "Well Freddie loves me." and then the Freddie unison part comes in.

I hope he chooses Sam though like i said in a post a few pages ago when i mentioned seddie before we even got close to the premeire (its a week until the premeire, we've seen muliple promos, its LEGAL now so hush up, i support my ships you should see me on youtube!!) im pretty sure he chose Carly's side

NatalieTV100

[63]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 10
    saylavee wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

Yeah I saw that too. I'm pretty eager to see which side Freddie chooses.

ps. In the promo with Freddie, Sam said that she deserved Freddie on her side just as much as Carly did and then Carly said "Well Freddie loves me." and then the Freddie unison part comes in.

I hope he chooses Sam though like i said in a post a few pages ago when i mentioned seddie before we even got close to the premeire (its a week until the premeire, we've seen muliple promos, its LEGAL now so hush up, i support my ships you should see me on youtube!!) im pretty sure he chose Carly's side

It would be expected of Freddie to be on Carly's side since he still likes her but you never know Dan might suprise us(or atleast Freddie will be on the fence).

saylavee

[64]Nov 28, 2009

It seems someone has already uploaded he 2 new promos. I love the person who did that lol it was bugging me how i missed some of the 4th promo. Its not that bad quality seeing as the person filmed it on a camera/cell phone. Even the sound is good. Well anyways, here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fGS5t4_iTQ

to me during the second promo carly sounded alittle selfish to me. Well its always been IMO that miranda was better as Megan the as Carly and i never rlly liked Carly's character as much anyways.

Edited on 11/28/2009 6:45pm

TheSchwab

[65]Nov 28, 2009
    • level: 11
    It seems like carly is trying to minipulate freddie with his crush on her. It looks like though Freddie does the right thing and doesnt take a side.

It just shows the development of sam and freddie. in s1 freddie would have choose carly right away and sam would have cared at all. now freddie is not choosing carlys side right away and sam is fighting for freddie. Her "I have just as much of a right to Freddie as you" is telling imo.

NatalieTV100

[66]Nov 29, 2009

TheSchwab wrote:
    It seems like carly is trying to minipulate freddie with his crush on her. It looks like though Freddie does the right thing and doesnt take a side. It just shows the development of sam and freddie. in s1 freddie would have choose carly right away and sam would have cared at all. now freddie is not choosing carlys side right away and sam is fighting for freddie. Her "I have just as much of a right to Freddie as you" is telling imo.
    I agree. I hate how Carly tries to use Freddie's crush on her to manipulate situations. If I remember correctly didn't she use that on iDon'tWantToFight several times. But the Sam and Freddie freindship is deffinatly developing and Freddie not choosing a particular side would be a sign that he cares about both Sam and Carly.

tjspinfan

[67]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 6
    In that preview, when sam pulls freddie towards her, i think he bumps his face into hers by accident. It's kinda cute actually.

saylavee

[68]Nov 29, 2009

When you think about it she does use freddie's love alot. In iDontWantToFight, the one where they have to fix that guys voice, i think you can count the pilot episode, iQuit iCarly and probably other times i cant think of atm.

Lol freddie should realize this by now. Hmmm maybe he will a choose sam's side

TheSchwab

[69]Nov 29, 2009
    Exactly. At least from the looks of it freddie doesnt fall for it this time.

ChibiMaddiChan

[70]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 9

It's kind of odd because I honestly thought I was the only person that noticed that Carly likes to use Fred's emotions for her a lot. It's one of the reasons I don't like her character. The Freddie thing annoys the crap out of me: he's had his heart set on her and she knows he likes him. Not only does she constantly turn him down, but she uses his own feelings for her against him and manipulates situations. And not just one time but a few. At this point, even if he didn't end up with Sam, I think it's BS for him to end up with Carly. She doesn't deserve him to be honest.

I could just see her pulling some crap where if Freddie does start showing romantic interest in Sam, only THEN will she start 'liking' him...even though she's hard long before now and one too many chances to go out with him.

MEandChad4ever

[71]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 4
    Yeah, it was mean of Carly to use the "he loves me" thing, but she has always been nicer to Freddie than Sam has, so it'll be interesting to see who he sides with, if he takes a side at all.
    Edited on 11/29/2009 4:36pm

NatalieTV100

[72]Nov 29, 2009
    ChibiMaddiChan wrote:

It's kind of odd because I honestly thought I was the only person that noticed that Carly likes to use Fred's emotions for her a lot. It's one of the reasons I don't like her character. The Freddie thing annoys the crap out of me: he's had his heart set on her and she knows he likes him. Not only does she constantly turn him down, but she uses his own feelings for her against him and manipulates situations. And not just one time but a few. At this point, even if he didn't end up with Sam, I think it's BS for him to end up with Carly. She doesn't deserve him to be honest.

I could just see her pulling some crap where if Freddie does start showing romantic interest in Sam, only THEN will she start 'liking' him...even though she's hard long before now and one too many chances to go out with him.

Thank you! I'm been waiting for someone to say this for a LONG time because these are the same thoughts that go through my head all the time with the whole Carly/Freddie. Carly constantly turns him down over and over again and then whenever Freddie's crush on her can be benifited in a certain situation she takes advantage of it.

XEOCX

[73]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 7

The thing that caught my attention the most was that Freddie didn't choose Carly instantly. You'd think he would but then again, if he is going to choose Carly, Sam will probably beat him up. I'm still debating if Sam is going to mention that she had his first kiss with him after Carly says that Freddie loves her.

But I guess all I can say is: "Oh look, a freckle on my wirst."

TheSchwab

[74]Nov 29, 2009

ChibiMaddiChan wrote:

You are so on the money.

sockstar

[75]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 12
    NatalieTV100 wrote:

TheSchwab wrote:
    It seems like carly is trying to minipulate freddie with his crush on her. It looks like though Freddie does the right thing and doesnt take a side. It just shows the development of sam and freddie. in s1 freddie would have choose carly right away and sam would have cared at all. now freddie is not choosing carlys side right away and sam is fighting for freddie. Her "I have just as much of a right to Freddie as you" is telling imo.
    I agree. I hate how Carly tries to use Freddie's crush on her to manipulate situations. If I remember correctly didn't she use that on iDon'tWantToFight several times.

Freddie brought it up on his own during iDon't Want To Fight, only at the end during the ponytail pulling, he lets Carly interrupt Sam, Sam asks why and he says "Because I love her."

Then it gets out of control.

sockstar

[76]Nov 30, 2009
    • level: 12
    ChibiMaddiChan wrote:

Alot of people see it (especially Creddiers, because it's our ship and obviously Carly's reactions are part of that), but whilst it is somewhat of a negative trait, how you percieve it most likely comes down to which ship you are on.

Seddiers see it as Carly being manipulative, "evil", taking advantage of his feelings.

Creddiers see it as Carly being insecure, not wanting to completely shut down the idea because she knows both options could be bad.

Freddie also isn't immune to "blame". He's taken Carly's side occasionally simply because he "loves her", and Freddie doesn't have to do anything, no matter who asks him to. He's been shown to help or hinder in situations because he likes/loves Carly, for example when he helped Sam sabotage Carly's private school interview so he wouldn't lose her.

Is that the type of person who 'deserves' Carly?

Also, do not forget that SAM herself has used his emotions against him, in that very same episode, Sam was the one who told Freddie to help her so Carly would stay and have more of a chance to fall in love with him.

Is that the type of person who 'deserves' Freddie?

Then the other thing, is Seddiers claiming that if she is jealous, and only starts to like Freddie after someone else likes him, that's it would be somehow "bad" because she's had the chance to date him before.

Again, Creddiers would say it's that jealously forcing Carly to realise her true feelings, or to stop supressing them. It's not "bad", it's just the situation, a "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" thing.

Now I don't want to get into "Sam vs Carly", but Sam isn't free of complaint in how she treats Freddie either, and just as someone might say "Carly doesn't 'deserve' Freddie because she manipulates him, and leads him on, not being honest enough to tell Freddie once and for all to stop it," someone could go "Sam doesn't 'deserve' Freddie because she's physically and emotionally abusive, and could be hiding her true feelings instead of being honest with Freddie."

TheSchwab

[77]Nov 30, 2009

NatalieTV100 wrote:
    Thank you! I'm been waiting for someone to say this for a LONG time because these are the same thoughts that go through my head all the time with the whole Carly/Freddie. Carly constantly turns him down over and over again and then whenever Freddie's crush on her can be benifited in a certain situation she takes advantage of it.

Bullseye!

NatalieTV100

[78]Nov 30, 2009
    sockstar wrote:
    ChibiMaddiChan wrote:

Alot of people see it (especially Creddiers, because it's our ship and obviously Carly's reactions are part of that), but whilst it is somewhat of a negative trait, how you percieve it most likely comes down to which ship you are on.

Seddiers see it as Carly being manipulative, "evil", taking advantage of his feelings.

Creddiers see it as Carly being insecure, not wanting to completely shut down the idea because she knows both options could be bad.

Freddie also isn't immune to "blame". He's taken Carly's side occasionally simply because he "loves her", and Freddie doesn't have to do anything, no matter who asks him to. He's been shown to help or hinder in situations because he likes/loves Carly, for example when he helped Sam sabotage Carly's private school interview so he wouldn't lose her.

Is that the type of person who 'deserves' Carly?

Also, do not forget that SAM herself has used his emotions against him, in that very same episode, Sam was the one who told Freddie to help her so Carly would stay and have more of a chance to fall in love with him.

Is that the type of person who 'deserves' Freddie?

Then the other thing, is Seddiers claiming that if she is jealous, and only starts to like Freddie after someone else likes him, that's it would be somehow "bad" because she's had the chance to date him before.

Again, Creddiers would say it's that jealously forcing Carly to realise her true feelings, or to stop supressing them. It's not "bad", it's just the situation, a "you don't know what you've got until it's gone" thing.

Now I don't want to get into "Sam vs Carly", but Sam isn't free of complaint in how she treats Freddie either, and just as someone might say "Carly doesn't 'deserve' Freddie because she manipulates him, and leads him on, not being honest enough to tell Freddie once and for all to stop it," someone could go "Sam doesn't 'deserve' Freddie because she's physically and emotionally abusive, and could be hiding her true feelings instead of being honest with Freddie."

As a Seddie shipper I don't really see it as Carly beign "evil" because she's not, maybe manipulative, but not evil. She may do it because she's insecure about Freddie losing her crush on her(even though I'm for Seddie I do think that Carly enjoys the fact that Freddie likes her). Like in iFightShelbyMarx when Freddie said he wanted Shelby to be his future wife and Carly was like "I thought you wanted me to be your future wife." But I just don't like it for the fact that it seems like she's toying with his emotions.

NatalieTV100

[79]Nov 30, 2009
    TheSchwab wrote:

NatalieTV100 wrote:

Bullseye!

Thanks.
    Edited on 11/30/2009 1:46pm

TheSchwab

[80]Nov 30, 2009

I mean Dan even said something like that in his fun facts for ifight shelby marx. Something ike.. While carly still isnt interested in freddie she seems bothered that freddie is losing his crush on her. He said that when talking about the one scene you were talking about...The "Could that happen?" "Could not happen!" part.

It's like the same thing here though. If you are not interested in freddie you can't controll who he is crushing on.

It's like...Well she isnt interested in Freddie but she doesnt like Freddie's feelings going elsewhere? That's just wrong!

Edited on 11/30/2009 2:45pm