We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iQuit iCarly" episode discussion

Aprilshakira

[141]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 10
    You're right on that one. It was in I Love Lucy and That's So Raven.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Aprilshakira

[142]Dec 6, 2009

Actually, I believe "The Blowing" was a parody of "The Knowing" with Nicholas Cage. I saw it and it and it seemed like iCarly was spoofing it. But Dan is kind of perverted so it could go either way xD.

NatalieTV100

[143]Dec 6, 2009
    Aprilshakira wrote:

Actually, I believe "The Blowing" was a parody of "The Knowing" with Nicholas Cage. I saw it and it and it seemed like iCarly was spoofing it. But Dan is kind of perverted so it could go either way xD.

It's probally one of those things that goes both ways, it just depends on how you take it.

ps. Since I haven't reviewed the movie yet I just have to say that the movie was pretty good but it seemed rushed and got a little corny and annoying at some parts. And like everyone else said the Carly and Sam scene when they were hanging towards the end was EPIC.

pixarprincess

[144]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 13
    LOVED the episode. Enough said.
    And now my brother wants 2 watch "The Blowing". ROFLOL

jasptv

[145]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 5
    I liked this movie, it was a bit predictable that the window crane would drop and reunite the 2, but it was well done... I liked that their break up wasn't overly dramatic, it seemed more realistic that way, as not all fights have to be huge and loud to be emotional

I liked Freddie's not picking sides

Highlights for me:
    -Sam slapping Freddie lol
    -Carly getting hit in the face with a muffin lol, then She hits the old lady lol
    -The Watermelon canon lol
    -Carly dangling and they keep telling her not to let go -"The Blowing" Carly: "... sronger than this"... blows on Gibby lol
    -but I must say the best moment for me was in "The Blowing", when Gibby's shirt ripped off and he was just there screaming lol, rofl... genious!

---I don't think the blowing was sexual, but a play on the "The Knowing" and an appropriately funny title for the sketch

gamer_boy997

[146]Dec 6, 2009
    • level: 4

This episode was...okay. But I expected it to be better. I'm a bit excited for iSavedYourLife, because I prefer Creddie over Seddie. Although, I doubt that episode means Carly and Freddie are "getting together" or anything like that. I also think they should have shown us parts of the actual episode.

Also, I know that nobody really cares about credits at the end of episodes, but I noticed that yesterday right before iQuitiCarly, they didn't show the credits for iThinkTheyKissed, which aired right before it. Is that even legal?

jasptv wrote:
    Gibby's shirt ripped off and he was just there screaming lol, rofl... genious!

Oh yeah, I found that funny. Throughout the whole episode I was thinking, "When is Gibby going to take his shirt off? IS he going to take his shirt off?", and sure enough, at the very end, his shirt is blown off.

Edited on 12/06/2009 9:51pm

XEOCX

[147]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 7
    Isthis the first time Freddie has seen Sam cry? Because I remember in iOwe You, Sam makes Freddie leave the room so she wouldn't let him see her cry.

KatelynBrissey

[148]Dec 7, 2009
    She kind of cried in iDon't Want to Fight in front of him. You can see tears coming down her face, but she declared it was b/c "Freddie is such a dork, it makes me emotional sometimes."

ChibiMaddiChan

[149]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 9
    gamer_boy997 wrote:

This episode was...okay. But I expected it to be better. I'm a bit excited for iSavedYourLife, because I prefer Creddie over Seddie. Although, I doubt that episode means Carly and Freddie are "getting together" or anything like that. I also think they should have shown us parts of the actual episode.

I wouldn't get excited. Every time they show episodes that even remotely hint at anything relationship wise or romantic wise, it never ends up the way it should or the way they even promote it.

This episode was pretty meh. It's not so much that the fact had to be overdramatic or anything, but it all felt very cliche` and typical. Freddie didn't picks sides, which I'm very happy about because this wasn't about romatic relationships, it was about Carly and Sam's friendship, but even so, him not taking sides was typcial. The whole 'nearly dying/something more important puts friendship in perspective and makes them stop fighting' thing was typical as heck too. The reason why they got into the fight was a bit odd for me, considering I thought their differences were the reason they got along so well: opposites attract. It's was kinda funny they needed a third party to point out a lot of this stuff just to notice the things they did. And Dave and Fleck weren't funny but 'The Blowing' trailer was strangly hiliarous. XD

I would have looked forwared to iSavedYourLife, but as I said: they promote one thing to get people hyped then do another. :/

mitsukigirl13

[150]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 18
    saylavee wrote:

Like the other movies they advertised it to much so of course it dispointed me a bit. Freddie didnt choose sides at all, which is good. Some parts of the fight were cut out it seems. Not as much Creddie or Seddie as we hoped, but it was a friendship episode not a relationship one so we shoulnt be surprised. Also i didnt like Dave and Fleck that much : /

Spencer sub plot with Gibby was funny but had nothing to do with the main one till the very very end, but still of course Gibby has his own sauce XDDD

We got to see Sam's living room, thats a step closer to her mom!

"The Blowing" was great, especialy when gibby's shirt was blown off it mayed me lmao

The end scene WAS a bit corny, and fake looking, and yes Freddie DID pull Sam up ^.^ but, being the skeptic that i am when im tried, it may have just been because of their placement, but my Seddie shines through my tiredness and says HOORAH!

IMHO the episode probably would be waaaaaaaaaay better if they didnt over advertise it, seriously on saturday and friday both on teennick and nickelodean, you couldnt go 1 commercial w/o an iQuit iCarly promo. Well, seeing what they are doing with the movies, maybe iSave your life will be over advertised and will end up not being liked as much (except for those hard core Creddiers and if it may have an Seddie in it for the hard core Seddierswho will be worshiping it)

I'm sorry, but can we please have an episode discussion where we don't mention the words "creddie" or "seddie". I mean, SERIOUSLY! Did anyone think Freddie was pulling Sam up because maybe she was the first one to the window and he was trying to save Sam! I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just getting annoyed that in every episode discussion that we have to think each episode had a couples moment because two people sat together! Unless two characters kissed, hugged, had a deep conversation, or did anything that could lead to being more than friends and wasn't just common everyday things like standing next to each other!

Okay, not that I've gotten that said, I'm going to hope no one sends me hate mail.

KatelynBrissey

[151]Dec 7, 2009
    I understand your point of view, but I also understand Seddiers (b/c I am one). When I watch the episode for the first time I normally just watch it b/c its iCarly and I love that show no matter who is dating on it. Then, when I can watch it again after I've DLed from iTunes, then I start to look for Seddie moments. Seddiers get excited over the smallest of things, but let us have our dreams haha. I suppose we should take our "Creddie" or "Seddie" fan moments to the appropriate thread, but I think its okay for us to speculate.

sockstar

[152]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 12
    mitsukigirl13 wrote:
    saylavee wrote:

Like the other movies they advertised it to much so of course it dispointed me a bit. Freddie didnt choose sides at all, which is good. Some parts of the fight were cut out it seems. Not as much Creddie or Seddie as we hoped, but it was a friendship episode not a relationship one so we shoulnt be surprised. Also i didnt like Dave and Fleck that much : /

Spencer sub plot with Gibby was funny but had nothing to do with the main one till the very very end, but still of course Gibby has his own sauce XDDD

We got to see Sam's living room, thats a step closer to her mom!

"The Blowing" was great, especialy when gibby's shirt was blown off it mayed me lmao

The end scene WAS a bit corny, and fake looking, and yes Freddie DID pull Sam up ^.^ but, being the skeptic that i am when im tried, it may have just been because of their placement, but my Seddie shines through my tiredness and says HOORAH!

IMHO the episode probably would be waaaaaaaaaay better if they didnt over advertise it, seriously on saturday and friday both on teennick and nickelodean, you couldnt go 1 commercial w/o an iQuit iCarly promo. Well, seeing what they are doing with the movies, maybe iSave your life will be over advertised and will end up not being liked as much (except for those hard core Creddiers and if it may have an Seddie in it for the hard core Seddierswho will be worshiping it)

I'm sorry, but can we please have an episode discussion where we don't mention the words "creddie" or "seddie". I mean, SERIOUSLY! Did anyone think Freddie was pulling Sam up because maybe she was the first one to the window and he was trying to save Sam! I don't mean to be rude, but I'm just getting annoyed that in every episode discussion that we have to think each episode had a couples moment because two people sat together! Unless two characters kissed, hugged, had a deep conversation, or did anything that could lead to being more than friends and wasn't just common everyday things like standing next to each other!

Okay, not that I've gotten that said, I'm going to hope no one sends me hate mail.

I thought it was obvious which side he picked. He was with Carly right until the window thing.

TheSchwab

[153]Dec 7, 2009
    • level: 11
    He didnt pick any side.

Checkpoint24

[154]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 3

I don't mean to start another mega war or the infamous topic, but Freddie must've chose Carly's side, otherwise he wouldn't have been standing next to her and Dave(or Fleck I got the two confused) when they were about to do that photo thing with that window cleaner guy. So that meant that Freddie was going to help Carly before Sam.

Anyway I thought the whole episode was great. I was pleasantly surprised that it had a pretty decent plot and that the acting in it was okay most of time. (Lately I've noticed that the acting has been REALLY bad for various reasons).

Edited on 12/08/2009 1:46pm

TheSchwab

[155]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 11

Ah...did you miss the locker scene? Carly asked Freddie to shoot with her before Sam did. That's not really picking a side. Carly asked first. Also not to mention Carly lives across the hall from Freddie.

But the point is if Sam asked Freddie to shoot with her before Carly did Freddie would have shot with Sam. It's that simple. There is no choosing that happened. Carly asked first. That simple.

Edited on 12/08/2009 2:07pm
    Edited 2 total times.

KatelynBrissey

[156]Dec 8, 2009

EDIT: Sorry Schwab...looks like we posted at the same time

They DID tell you the reason why Freddie helped Carly in the episode. Carly and Dave planned with Freddie in advance to shoot the iShorts clip. Only when Sam finds this out does she ask Freddie herself. It's at the school.

I think the dialogue goes like this:

Freddie: Hey Carly I got all the stuff set up for your shoot with Dave this afternoon.

Sam: Whoa I thought you were gonna help me and Fleck after school!

Freddie: You never asked me to help you and Fleck. Freddie definitely did not pick sides.

Edited on 12/08/2009 2:10pm

Checkpoint24

[158]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    Ah yes I remember know...

KatelynBrissey

[159]Dec 11, 2009
    Did anyone else notice when Gibby and Spencer were shooting the watermelons that they were using the structure Spencer made with the Newton Balls in iLook Alike? You can see the bowling balls at the bottom. I love little things like that :-D

katywishing100

[160]Dec 12, 2009
    • level: 15
    One thing that annoyed me a little was how many times Sam said, "no shz" (apperantly with the I its a curse-word), I felt like with every reply, thats what she said.