We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

Official "iQuit iCarly" episode discussion

NatalieTV100

[101]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 10
    futuramarama wrote:

MusicAddictBabe wrote:
    I love these promos. I'm so excited .

All of the promos I have seen have made me very happy. I am fairly certain I will love this special.

Do we know specifically why they fight or anything?

They fight because of this comedy duo called "Dave and Fleck"(which you can see in the iCarly skit "The Blowing" on iCarly.com). Dave and Fleck split up for some reason(I think they fought over something) and Carly and Sam takes one of thier sides(Carly takes Dave's side and Sam takes Fleck's side) which causes them to fight.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

futuramarama

[102]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 37
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:

MusicAddictBabe wrote:

All of the promos I have seen have made me very happy. I am fairly certain I will love this special.

They fight because of this comedy duo called "Dave and Fleck"(which you can see in the iCarly skit "The Blowing" on iCarly.com). Dave and Fleck split up for some reason(I think they fought over something) and Carly and Sam takes one of thier sides(Carly takes Dave's side and Sam takes Fleck's side) which causes them to fight.

Oh. All I read was: "After agreeing to help a pair of kid comedians make a video, Carly and Sam must choose sides when the comedians begin to fight. The girls then begin to fight so badly that Sam quits as both co-host and Carly's friend. Meanwhile, Spencer becomes obsessed with winning a boat."

So, I really hope that the sub plot doesn't take over the main plot, as has somewhat happened in the past.

NatalieTV100

[103]Dec 5, 2009
    futuramarama wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:

MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Oh. All I read was: "After agreeing to help a pair of kid comedians make a video, Carly and Sam must choose sides when the comedians begin to fight. The girls then begin to fight so badly that Sam quits as both co-host and Carly's friend. Meanwhile, Spencer becomes obsessed with winning a boat."

So, I really hope that the sub plot doesn't take over the main plot, as has somewhat happened in the past.

I hope the subplot doesn't takeover(like iMustHaveLocker239). Spencer's subplots tend to annoy me, especially the more recent ones.
    Edited on 12/05/2009 11:10am

futuramarama

[104]Dec 5, 2009
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:

MusicAddictBabe wrote:

I hope the subplot doesn't takeove(like iMustHaveLocker239). Spencer's subplots tend to annoy me, especially the more recent ones.

They seem to be really more random then they were, like when he has a vision of the future, hugging some guy from Galaxy Wars. I tend to thin kthey are funny however

NatalieTV100

[105]Dec 5, 2009
    futuramarama wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:

MusicAddictBabe wrote:

I hope the subplot doesn't takeove(like iMustHaveLocker239). Spencer's subplots tend to annoy me, especially the more recent ones.

They seem to be really more random then they were, like when he has a vision of the future, hugging some guy from Galaxy Wars. I tend to thin kthey are funny however

Yes they are funny, but I think they just give him random subplot just to include him some how in an episode. I liked the dating site one in "iWinADate" and the football player one in "iKiss" but random ones like the one you mention get annoying after a while.

futuramarama

[106]Dec 5, 2009
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:
    NatalieTV100 wrote:
    futuramarama wrote:

MusicAddictBabe wrote:

Yes they are funny, but I think they just give him random subplot just to include him some how in an episode. I liked the dating site one in "iWinADate" and the football player one in "iKiss" but random ones like the one you mention get annoying after a while.

I see where you're coming from. Hopefully tonight it won't be a big part

KatelynBrissey

[107]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    I kind of wish there were NO subplots. I think it'd be better if Spencer could get involved with the main plots. (unless the sub plots are really relevant)

NatalieTV100

[108]Dec 5, 2009
    KatelynBrissey wrote:
    I kind of wish there were NO subplots. I think it'd be better if Spencer could get involved with the main plots. (unless the sub plots are really relevant)
    I agree 100%.

Aprilshakira

[109]Dec 5, 2009
    Subplots are ways for the writer to keep things interesting. I assume Dan was just trying to keep the episode moving, although subplots do bother me at times they are kind of necessary.

TheSchwab

[110]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 11
    The funfacts are out. There is a review of the episode on new york times.

futuramarama

[111]Dec 5, 2009

TheSchwab wrote:
    The funfacts are out. There is a review of the episode on new york times.

Lotta spoilers?

KatelynBrissey

[112]Dec 5, 2009
    I read it. There are a few spoilers, but I will say you guys can expect at least 1 seddie scene. I'm not sure how huge it will be though.

KatelynBrissey

[113]Dec 5, 2009
    K I just saw the episode. I really liked it :-D If you want deets, then hit me up with a private message. I'll get back to it as soon as I can, but mama's goin out tonight ;-)

Aprilshakira

[114]Dec 5, 2009
    Okay, so I just saw the episode. It had it's moments, but honestly it wasn't THAT great. Some parts were corny and the scene with Carly/Sam near death was EPIC but the rest was just okay. Now we wait until iSave Your Life....I suppose judging by the commercial it will be a Ceddie episode xP. That pisses me off but whatever. Anyway, the episode is pretty okay overall. Not the best IMHO. I give it a 6/10.

Aprilshakira

[115]Dec 5, 2009
    KatelynBrissey wrote:
    I read it. There are a few spoilers, but I will say you guys can expect at least 1 seddie scene. I'm not sure how huge it will be though.

It did? Um, I didn't see anything. Are you sure it's reliable? Okay, so I did notice Freddie scream "SAM" when she almost fell, but he did the same for Carly and who wouldn't do that? The people who consider that shippy IMHO are very pathetic. I did notice, however, that he was the one to pull her up but judging by the small promo for iSave Your Life (not of the episode, but just a warning saying it's coming in January) where Carly and Freddie are holding onto each other romantically and smiling, I presume we won't have much Seddie in the future xP.

XEOCX

[116]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 7

Great episode! The near death scene with Carly and Sam was amazing. I LOVED it when Sam said 'SITUATION! SITUATION!' The hugging was kinda corny and some parts were okay. The Spencer plot was okay, but it was pretty funny when he was shooting watermelons at the baseball players. It's kinda ironic that they're called the pirates.

iSaved Your Life commerical! Funny how it's in January of 2010 and iKiss was January of 2009.

Overall, good episode. 8.75/10

DarthFreeza

[117]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 23

Good special.

Dave and Fleck were funny in the beginning but as the episode progressed I became very sick of both of them.

Carly and Sam's fight was pretty well played (though they didn't show enough of the fight, they wasted too much time leading up to it).

The Spencer plot was pretty funny but I think too much time was given to it. The watermelloning was hilarious. As was Carly and Sam almost dying (though very fake looking lol).

Also, it annoyed me how the biggest promo they showed had a girl run up to Carly and Sam and yell "Is it true you guys aren't doing iCarly anymore?" but the special had that scene cut out. This shows that there was atleast one more scene showing their fight that they cut out.

All in all, 8.5/10. I cannot put too fine a point on how peeved off I was that 3/5 of this episode was leading up to the fight, 1/5 was Spencer plot and only 1/5 was the actual fight.

OH! Before I forget - I didn't see any shippy stuff in this episode. I'm not going to hold that against the episode but I remember reading here that someone said the episode would be very shippy.

mitsukigirl13

[118]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 18
    This was a very boring episode for me. A lot was annoying, and it wasn't really that big of a fight, just talking, they hardly raised their voices! 1/10 (There's one hour I'm never going to get back)

DarthFreeza

[119]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 23
    mitsukigirl13 wrote:
    This was a very boring episode for me. A lot was annoying, and it wasn't really that big of a fight, just talking, they hardly raised their voices! 1/10 (There's one hour I'm never going to get back)
    I think that not raising their voices only made the fight more intense.

Like Carly said in the groovy smoothie, this was different. They had a disagreement without yelling. That makes it seem more like they've basically completely broken apart than like their having an immature fight.

But they pretty much ruined that later in the episode with their immature banter.

Still, I think that the lack of yelling helped to better the episode and the effect of the fight (especially earlier on in the episode).

futuramarama

[120]Dec 5, 2009
    I missed this at 8, gonna watch at 11. I hope it is good and worth the 3-hour wait