We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

iCarly Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2012)

iGoodbye

vanillacupcakes

[101]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 16
    I thought it was a great episode. I loved the whole Carly/dad storyline, the last webcast, the Sam/Spencer/motorcycle storyline so much. Even the Freddie/phone schtick had me laugh a few times. There were throwbacks to past episodes in there, which I really enjoyed, and I loved the last scene. And I KNEW they'd end it with "And we're clear". I KNEW it.
    The one thing I wanted them to say was the reason that Freddie spoke Spanish. They finally acknowledge it, but don't say the reason? That was disappointing.
    Also, I liked how every single ship was in there friendship wise(except for sibby or fencer, unless I missed something). Seeing how close they are to each other was...heartwarming? Like it was refreshing to see Spencer give that motorcycle to Sam, and Carly and Sam's little hug scene in the elevator. Just..gah! Now, my problem wasn't that it was shipless, but he put shippy open ended stuff in there. I would rather have Creddie get together, Seddie get together, or just ignore that whole romance thing altogether. The scene where he asked Sam if she wants to get back together was not needed. It wasn't funny, it was just random and awkward. The scene with Carly/Freddie in the end was sweet, but they just kissed. They aren't together, and it just ended awkwardly. It's open ended, so I KNOW that shippers are going to throw a fit about it and to me it makes it seem like Freddie is an indecisive jerk who wants both girls(I think I said this before). He should have left both of those scenes out. It was my favorite episode of this season. It's been great watching it, and I loved how all I abandoned iCarly for what feels like forever, only to have all these old episodes coming rushing back to my memory at once. It feels as if I just started watching this show, and this finale met my expectations of it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

alexspotsme

[102]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 15
    Here we go; the final episode of all iCarly.

The iCarly opening was complied with old memories and new ones! What a powerhouse opening.

There was so many things that were right with this finale. We got Ms. Briggs to make a return, and same with Lewbert. That guy XD UGH! He's a creep!

Carly mentiones how pointy Ms. Brigg's boobs are! XD Episode 1 reference people.

Spencer was actually GOOD in this episode. He was so caring to put his sister in first and want to take her to the father/daughter dance. And even gave Sam the motorcycle they worked so hard to put together for Socko (obviously since Socko wasn't going to give it to his brother after a off-screen fight).

I feel that Spencer was the father Sam never really had, and their bond together has really grown stronger. I also loved Sam in this episode. Especially when she made a sneaky deal on getting the remaining tool to fix the motorcycle.

Gibby nearly won me over when he defended that cute weasel. I was laughing so hard when his head was stuck in the head machine. He got a lamp, new wax head replica, a weasel and didnt have to pay for any of it.

Dan was that hilarious motor cycle salesman! And his wife was with Freddie's mom at the mall! How cool! XD

Carly and Spencer's dad appear!! How emotional; I didnt care if was Tom Hanks or anything; seeing carly happy made me happy.

Their last webcast for awhile; I felt as though Carly and Sam were actually talking to us throughout all these years, and were so down to earth with this special moment.

Hah; I laughed so hard with Carly's dad around. He's hilarious! Especially when he thought Freddie had her purse. xD He even tries to strangle Spencer about the law school thing. haha. Oh man, I'm just glad that wasn't a major conflict here. It went better than I expected it to.

Dad: "You would have been a great lawyer".
    Spencer: "I would have been the WORST lawyer."
    Dad: "I know."

Haha!

And when Carly leaves with her dad to go to Italy... everyone has memories of the show's past. Oh my gosh; so heart warning and saddening. And I remember every thing that flashed by.

Sam riding on her motorcycle at the end, Carly on the plane with her dad. Freddie going home. Spencer in his apartment with the camera squirrel (Episode 1!! reference) Burning on fire though. lol

Carly watching the very first webcast of iCarly. Oh wow I remember when they were so young.

Dan's awesome tweets to the fans were seen on Carly's laptop. Awww

Sam riding off on her motorcycle gets me thinking; she's riding off into her new show "Sam & Cat".

I'm gonna miss you Carly and friends. Thank you for all the good laughs these past 5 years.

With that, I bid thee farewell. Until we meet again. iGoodbye.

Final rating; 9.5/10

September 8, 2007 - November 23, 2012

loey12886

[103]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 10

I like this episode, hell I will probably watch it again since I DVRed it. I started watching this show because of Miranda because I loved her from D&J and I just started liking the plot of the show and Sam and Spencer made this show funny for me.

I liked the Spencer and Sam scenes with the motorcycle but I didn't even know she even knew how to drive, or hell have a license to even ride one yet. But at the end when Sam was driving it will probably pick it up there with her if the show Sam and Cat gets picked up.

I actually didn't see Freddie really end up with either girls. I think Dan just wanted to get Seddie and Creddie a shot for the fans, but I thought it was sweet that Carly kissed Freddie, since he's been waiting for her to actually kiss him his whole life. Not counting "Isaved your life" of course, because she just liked him for what he did for her. Yeah they kissed in that episode, but she actually kissed him in this and since he's had a crush on her forever I just think that part was really sweet. But with Carly and Sam both leaving, I had a feeling he wasn't going to be ending up with neither one of them.

I maybe such a girl for saying this. But when Carly's dad walked though the door, I actually started crying. I'm just a sucker for season finale episodes and when she left for Italy with her dad, it reminded me of the final episode of Boy Meets World. But I cried more at that finale than this one lol. I actually knew Tom Hanks wasn't going to be playing her dad. An actor like that, I don't think Nick can afford him. I liked the guy they chose to play her dad, I think he fit the part quite well actually.

Edited on 11/23/2012 6:33pm

vanillacupcakes

[104]Nov 23, 2012

I felt like I should add more.

This was the first episode in awhile where I REALLY loved Spencer. I know I have been disappointed since Spencer was my favorite character and they didn't give him much to do. Even in the episode where Spencer makes new friends, what you would think is a Spencer-centric episode, turned out to mock him. I really wanted a nice episode that proved Spencer is a great guardian, and I am so glad Spencer was a great father figure AND hilarious in both Carly and Sam's plots.

This is also the first time I liked Gibby in awhile. He wasn't being problematically stupid to the iCarly trio. He was just being his goofy and overly naive self. Gibby is hilarious in small doses, and I think the episode had the perfect amount of Gibby.

One thing I did like about the Freddie/Carly kiss is that it seemed to tie up with the pilot. He finally got what he wanted. I loved all the throwbacks they had to the pilot. It made me smile. So much have changed and the characters had a lot of growth, but their core and strong bonds with each other is still the same. If that makes sense. And if Dan didn't write any of the Seddie drama /arc business, or put a little more Creddie development (and no phone conversation with Sam), I would be there cheering and fist pumping with Freddie too.

Part of me did want Spencer with a love interest, so I thought he'd be with that one girl, "the only one [Spencer] fell in love with". But he did end up playing a big role in this episode, which was good enough for me. Plus, taking care of Carly and Sam was probably more fulfilling to Spencer than any of his relationships. I thought it was sweet how he gave up his date to take Carly to the dance.

Everything else was great. Also, I loved all of the "guest stars" on it. Miss Briggs, Mrs. Benson, T-Bo, and Lewbert are all great actors and contributed so much to the show, so it was great for each of them to have their special little scenes.

I did not cry in this episode, but it was super cute. SUPER cute.

BrookeParker

[105]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 12
    Nice sendoff. Gibby thinking Spencer was Carly's Dad was funny (funnier in the promo), and he needs/needed to learn to stop ruining serious moments, although they can be funny at times. Their Dad showed up! The flashbacks at the end were cute, and the intro at the beggining was as well. I knew they might do it like that. There were other things I thought about as well.

teenj12

[106]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 26

Well everyone..this is my final review for an episode of iCarly. Here goes it. My official review for iGoodbye:

The beginning was very entertaining with the whole back scratcher and then with Gibby making fun of Freddie xDDDD. The theme song was full of memories. It was like a collage of everything. I loved it . It was great to see Ms.Briggs again. A truly classic character. but no Principal Franklin? The phone thing was pretty weird. Freddie shouldn't have brought that case . The whole Gibby/Mall thing was funny. He totally broke the machine when he started freaking out lol. Seeing Carly's dad was awesome, I never really set in stone, the perfect image for him, but this guy played him well. I guess we'll never know what Socko looked like or why Freddie speaks Spanish. There were also LOTS of references to past episodes in the series. One that stood out the most, being the Ms.Briggs pointy boobs thing.

It was great to see disgusting ole Lewbert again . I liked that Spencer let Sam have the motorcycle. Their scene together was really sweet. Great final moment between the two of them. I was pretty mad that the dad had to just up and leave :/ . I guess I understand why Carly decided to go. She's a kid who misses her father. I'm sure we'd all feel that way if we were in her place.

The Carly/Spencer goodbye almost drove me to tears. Those two have the best brother-sister relationship. He raised her from a spunky short tweenage girl to a beautiful, outstanding, strong young lady. The Creddie kiss was...something. As a half creddier (I'm also half seddie), I liked it, but I felt bad for Seddiers. Creddie got the last kiss.

At least Dan DID bring back up Sam and Freddie's relationship, but it was more of a throwaway joke. I liked the final webshow. It was really sad when they said "This has been, iCarly". Hopefully one day, they do reunite for one more iCarly.

The ending...the group hug, then the Sam/Carly hug. Just beautiful. It was hard watching our gang split up. I felt like crying and crying while watching the group reminisce about the past. That really hit me hard. Then at the end with Sam riding off on the motorcycle, the credits rolling, Freddie's voice saying "..and we're out"....I just got so depressed about how that was the last time a new iCarly will ever air. Overall, iCarly was an AMAZING show. It really changed Nick, soon becoming its flagship show. I have to say, I've really enjoyed the ride. Thank you iCarly, for the wonderful, magnificent, outstanding, incredible 6 years.

RIP iCarly:

September 8, 2007 - November 23, 2012

Edited on 12/16/2012 8:06pm
    Edited 2 total times.

alexspotsme

[107]Nov 23, 2012
    • level: 15
    ^Hey, if they're making a one hour special for the return of Wizards of Waverly Place, I can betcha that there can be a TV special for iCarly again someday. That would really brighten my day.

vanillacupcakes

[108]Nov 23, 2012
    I'd love a reunion movie, like a Drake and Josh movie. That would be awesome.

teenj12

[109]Nov 23, 2012
    I agree, a reunion would be awesome. I hope Dan decides to do something like that some day.

vanillacupcakes

[110]Nov 23, 2012
    I want a true iCarly movie reunion too, not just guest appearances on Sam and Cat. Hey, I'm a greedy fan.

This is a random question, but did anybody else wonder how Spencer magically got better?? Right after Carly and her dad got back from the dance, Spencer was already not sick. I assume he "recovered" during the dance since it seemed like he made the spaghetti tacos. How did he get better so fast? Also, the whole thing with Carly leaving seemed too fast. She just decides in a few minutes to leave everyone and go to Italy?

Sorry, I keep having random thoughts and making new posts haha.

teenj12

[111]Nov 23, 2012
    vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I want a true iCarly movie reunion too, not just guest appearances on Sam and Cat. Hey, I'm a greedy fan.

This is a random question, but did anybody else wonder how Spencer magically got better?? Right after Carly and her dad got back from the dance, Spencer was already not sick. I assume he "recovered" during the dance since it seemed like he made the spaghetti tacos. How did he get better so fast? Also, the whole thing with Carly leaving seemed too fast. She just decides in a few minutes to leave everyone and go to Italy?

Sorry, I keep having random thoughts and making new posts haha.
    I agree it was fast paced. They could of at least skipped forward a week or a few days. But I guess they didn't have time or whatever. I do see why Carly decided to go, as hasty as the decision was.

vanillacupcakes

[112]Nov 23, 2012

I definitely understand why she left too, it just seemed like everything was on a whim. Moving to Italy after living with your brother for so many years is such a big decision. I think it did help that everybody else encouraged her to go too. I think they should have spent half an hour focused on Carly going to Italy though instead of 15 minutes.

Oh, and another thought I would add.....I feel really bad for Spencer. Not only did he not get with the "only girlfriend he ever fell in love with", but Socko is his only friend. He couldn't make friends his own age. Carly is gone. He's basically all alone, unless Freddie/Gibby often crash the place. Even if they did, it's not the same as Spencer's relationship with Carly. I wish Spencer would have come to Italy too or something. It's too freaking sad!

Edited on 11/23/2012 11:27pm

teenj12

[113]Nov 23, 2012

vanillacupcakes wrote:
    I definitely understand why she left too, it just seemed like everything was on a whim. Moving to Italy after living with your brother for so many years is such a big decision. I think it did help that everybody else encouraged her to go too. I think they should have spent half an hour focused on Carly going to Italy though instead of 15 minutes.
    That's true. The first half of the episode should have been when all the "important dance, Carly's dad coming home" should have ended. The second half should of been Carly deciding whether or not to go.

Edited on 11/23/2012 11:27pm

schillingklaus

[114]Nov 23, 2012

RIP! for a show that had already been rotting and withering away over the course of the last four years after a brilliant first season and a painful third through last season.

vanillacupcakes

[115]Nov 23, 2012
    Yeah, as funny as the phone and weasel plot was, it didn't really have a resolution. The finale would have enough humor without those plots. They should have incorporated those plots into the past regular episodes and use the finale time to focus more on Carly's dad/the dance, Carly leaving, and saying goodbye. Also, there wasn't much interaction with the iCarly trio. It was the iCarly trio that made the show what it was, and Gibby/Spencer/Mrs. Benson/T-Bo just added to it and made it great. They could have spent some time on that too. I remember the great iCarly trio moments in seasons 2 and 3....I wish they brought more of that to this episode.

Oh, and even though Sam & Cat shouldn't be tied into the finale, I will also be sort of disappointed Sam will not get her proper "goodbye" from Freddie, Gibby, and Spencer when she goes to L.A. I sound like I'm complaining too much, when this was really a GREAT episode. I just had a lot of questions/concerns about the finale..haha.

Obiwan456

[116]Nov 23, 2012
    So, I'm coming back for a one time post to put my final thoughts on this show (if anyone even remembers me).

So, I haven't watched iCarly in 2 years. I gave up. I didn't find it funny anymore, I felt it was going downhill, I just couldn't keep sitting through it. Then I heard about the big series finale, and I immediately knew I had to watch it one last time, just for that. Because I had loved it so much for 3 years, I couldn't just ignore the end.

Te episode exceeded my expectations, though my expectation were kinda low. It had some rather funny parts, and I liked how it ended. I liked all the references to the past. It was nice finally getting to see Carly and Spencer's dad, and I was glad to see that they had toned Sam back from the almost psychotically violent character she was when I quit. I loved Spencer, for the reasons posted by others above.

Now, if I want to think too deeply, there are plenty of plot holes I can think of, but I can ignore those for the sake of nostalgia. Like the above mentioned miraculous recovery, or Carly somehow being ready to move to Italy in 4 hours.

The final webshow, I knew was coming, and I'm glad it didn't take too much time. Even during the strong first season, the webshow was always a weak point, never really that funny. I liked the baby Spencer bit, though only because it went into Spencer telling his dad about Law School.

Overall, I liked this episode. I'm not going to go back and watch everything I missed, but I'm glad I watched it. I'll probably ignore the spin offs, heck, pretty much ignore Nickelodeon completely now...wait, except Avatar, I forgot about Avatar. Ignore live action Nick now.

Really, all I can say is I'm glad the show is finally over, and they could have done a whole lot worse with the sendoff.

UnovaChampion

[117]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 19

schillingklaus wrote:

RIP! for a show that had already been rotting and withering away over the course of the last four years after a brilliant first season and a painful third through last season.

Thank you Schilling for that lovely insight. Or as Gibby would say "Way to bring us all down" Now run along and go ship Mindy with Lewbert or whatever the hell you do.

pixarprincess

[118]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 13
    Dude, it's the series finale. Both of you, Love and Tolerate if only FOR TEN MINUTES!!

While I didn't bawl at this episode like I did with TS3, For Greater Glory, and- and it was only because of the real life tragedies- Titanic (yeah, I said it, so pumble me with a tennis racket!), I came pretty close to crying. Especially during the goodbye scenes. I also thought the quick peak at the DanWarp page on Carly's computer near the end was a nice touch.

Also, now that the show's done, do I now have free reign to post however much off topic stuff I want?

And now to comfort my inner Seddie shipper. Maybe she'll move on...

Seddie Personality: (watching MLP:FiM) I'm pretty sure Pinkie Pie's got a crush on Rainbow Dash.

... oh, fudge.

UnovaChampion

[119]Nov 24, 2012
    • level: 19
    I'm not going to love Schilling you weirdo. Love is meaningless if you apply it to every person.

Now then, the iCarly finale got some tears out of me. All the emotional scenes were perfect. I will miss new episodes so much, it certainly is the end of an era for Nick now.

Obiwan456

[120]Nov 24, 2012
    pixarprincess wrote:
    Dude, it's the series finale. Both of you, Love and Tolerate if only FOR TEN MINUTES!!

( brohoof